• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Nope no group for me yet. I'd be up for us finding 4 others to tackle it that weekend. I'd like to go blind but if we get really stuck at a specific part we can look up a guide lol

But yea we're heading into this raid level 30 and with max weapons. Shouldn't take 12 hours like it took some people with the VoG first time through.

Nice, we already have 4 right here, haha. And I know there will be people streaming the raid the first day it's out so by Day 2 I'm sure there will be pretty detailed guides already, at least for the major sticky points.

We should start a group :0

Totally! Hopefully I get to 30 on all 3 of my characters by then, so that I could run it 3x that week.

Idk if my raid group is all getting the DLC right away but if they're not then I'd be down to join yall for the new raid. I want to go in blind too because I didn't get to do that with VoG.

Sounds good! Oh, since I hit 30 finally on my Titan (and soon on my Hunter), do you have a Hard Mode group? I'd like to try it out between now and Sunday for a chance at a raid helm and Fatebringer! Let me know if you need an extra player -- I have maxed VoC, AE, IB, Gjallarhorn, Truth, etc etc

Ridli

Finishing off Phogath in the nightfall with nova bomb is so satisfying. The first time I tried it my whole team came out of the doorway to watch. I jumped up in the air... L1+R1

COME ON AND SLAM, AND WELCOME TO THE JA- AAHAHAUAUHAUHHHRHHRGGH!

i was decimated mid-air by phogath's laser beam of void death just as i was about to release my beautiful ball of space magic
my teammates were stunned and instantly died as well, the beam traveling through my lifeless body into their faces... back to orbit we went rofl

felt like a fool. got him the next time though. nova bomb does so much dmg.

I know this was a few pages ago but 10/10 would chuckle again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Its already hard enough to follow this thread! bend the rules hawkian, for the guardians!
we dont need no stinkin dlc thread
Yeah again, I will absolutely not be making a Gaming side thread for the Dark Below myself, and probably wouldn't participate much in one. Such a thread would be kosher per GAF policy, and not necessarily a bad idea ("hey guys! it's out!") but I can't imagine staying on top of both considering the pace of things in here (9 pages are you kidding me).

I do t want a new DLC thread and I don't know if I can participate in two threads. But someone is going to create a DLC thread so it might as well be an active participant in this thread.

Its already hard enough to follow this thread! bend the rules hawkian, for the guardians!
we dont need no stinkin dlc thread

i'm not gonna bother with DLC thread.

Yeah again, I will absolutely not be making a Gaming side thread for the Dark Below myself, and probably wouldn't participate much in one. Such a thread would be kosher per GAF policy, and not necessarily a bad idea ("hey guys! it's out!") but I can't imagine staying on top of both considering the pace of things in here (9 pages are you kidding me).

Yeah..this thread already moves at lighting speeds! Plus the other Raid/nightfall/weekly thread as well. Even tho I post in that thread sometimes, I always tend to forget to check back and stick to this thread.

Greenymac

I would be up for it with you bros as soon as my hunter hits 30.

My warlock could do it now but the jumping puzzle, might mess me up lol (although I am normally fine)

Was also thinking of running the hunter because at the end of jump puzzle she just makes it so easy. Sometimes the warlock glide can cause a fall. havent fallen on warlock since changing my glide from focused burst to balanced glide.

The first post in the DLC thread should just be a pointer back to here. Anyone who wants to do a drive by and gripe will ignore the OP anyway any it can be a filter for all of that.

Shito

I'll probably not follow or participate in a DLC thread either. I can't even manage both this OT and the fighting games weekly threads, so there's no way I'm adding a third one on top of this...
Our community is here! ^^

I just got an email from Sony congratulating me on earning Platinum in Destiny. Anyone else?
That is kinda cool.

Someone fill me in on the function of the DLC specific thread?

I'll probably not follow or participate in a DLC thread either. I can't even manage both this OT and the fighting games weekly threads, so there's no way I'm adding a third one on top of this...
Our community is here! ^^.

This!

LordofPwn

I just got an email from Sony congratulating me on earning Platinum in Destiny. Anyone else?

Pics or it didnt happen.
i have not received an e-mail, or i have but havent had time to sift through the 100+ unread in my inbox...

...pics so it did happen...
Photo%20Nov%2026%2C%202%2012%2024%20PM.png
yay?

OK thanks, I made a note to add you tonight as soon as I log on. Think I'm going to spend tonight trying to get my two alternates as leveled up as much as I can. Hopefully I can get another raid done sometime in the next four days. My PSN is DaveS78.
Cool, I'm heading out of town tonight so won't be able to play until next week but I can certainly help you with next week's weeklies. I think I'm going to bring my copy with me so I can hop on my little cousin's PS4 if Xur sells Ballerhorn (he'll probably do it thinking he'd screw me) but I imagine my family would crucify me if I tried to actually play the game over spending time with them hehe
Nah people were failing more due to the pressure than anything.

Hope we can get a list down on prospective flawless raiders now. We have enough for a team...

So far we have (the ones that I can remember)

Me
You
Boguester

Would anyone else interested put your name down? Maybe we could organise a time that would suit most people...

I very much want to do this but will be gone for the holidays. If you guys haven't completed it (or want to help others) when I get back, I'd be happy to join the group for the hunt until we all get it!

hydruxo

Sounds good! Oh, since I hit 30 finally on my Titan (and soon on my Hunter), do you have a Hard Mode group? I'd like to try it out between now and Sunday for a chance at a raid helm and Fatebringer! Let me know if you need an extra player -- I have maxed VoC, AE, IB, Gjallarhorn, Truth, etc etc

We've got a full group (we usually run it on Wednesday nights) but sometimes one or two of us can't end up making it so I'll send you a message or invite if a spot opens up man!

I very much want to do this but will be gone for the holidays. If you guys haven't completed it (or want to help others) when I get back, I'd be happy to join the group for the hunt until we all get it!

Welp, requoting again then

Hope we can get a list down on prospective flawless raiders now. We have enough for a team...

So far we have

Lollipop
Greenymac
Boguester (FR)
Irawrsaurus (FR)
Galactic Toast
MandrakeUK
Hydruxo
SquallASF
Zoba (maybe?)

Would anyone else interested put your name down? Maybe we could organise a time that would suit most people...

Requoting and added fr(flawless raider) to people who have already done it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Someone fill me in on the function of the DLC specific thread?
I think the potential function would be awareness- "Check it out, the DLC is here!" and of course, it would be an outlet for reviews/dissatisfaction. But generally speaking I dunno how necessary it is.

i don't have flawless raider so i can tag along on a run. not really going out of my way to get it but i wont die (unless i follow Fig)

elseanio

Has there never been a post-game summary/reward for Vault of Glass? Completed it on Normal twice and Hard once. First time got the "Mission End" countdown just reach zero, then nothing. The other two times nothing happened after killing Atheon, just left to run around and ultimately just returned to orbit ourselves.

Deku Tree

My Titan has 11 normal raid clears and not one piece of raid armor. (Plus I usually try to do the Oracles to Gorgon's Cheese with him too.) #Forever27 (I know I can got to 29 but I don't want to run around in circles to get there...)

LiK

Has there never been a post-game summary/reward for Vault of Glass? Completed it on Normal twice and Hard once. First time got the "Mission End" countdown just reach zero, then nothing. The other two times nothing happened after killing Atheon, just left to run around and ultimately just returned to orbit ourselves.

never seen it. they haven't even fixed that.

realcZk

never seen it. they haven't even fixed that.

I saw one yesterday, for the first time after the Atheon fight. No idea how we triggered it. It showed total kills, supplicant kills, precision kills, and a timer of the fight. Didn't show the rewards. Looked just like one at the end of a tiger strike.

Waldini

I hope Xür will sell Hard Light some day... Its not the best Auto Rifle out there but it will look good on my Titan with ThunderDevil. Boggles me that Exotics dont shade well. Bungie should do something about that..

Had a pretty decent Raid Run today. The Sniper and an Ice Breaker... couldnt buy it because i was out of town.

O.. and to all those getting Hawkmoon after 2-3 months.. im on XBONE. Have to wait 9 more months. Remember kids, it could ALWAYS be worse.

Bungie say's it's not a bug. There was an old tweet saying that there isn't supposed to be an end summary reward screen after beating Atheon in the VoG.

Lame if true. I live off stats I need to see my failures posted up on screen for my fellow party members to mock me.

Maybe it's from playing the Guild Wars games but I prefer not getting kicked to orbit after completing the Raid and would prefer Strike missions did the same. I want time to explore or goof around in that last room if I desire. They could add the ability to hit the options button to see a summary report. They need to do that anyway including in PvP when you back out of a bad group but still want to see the stats from the previous match in-game.

Lima

So I just contacted the two guys that did the raid together and he told me that they used the sunbro infinite self revive glitch to get around the fact that your super energy gets deplenished upon getting forever lost in the dark corners of time. Of course they patched that so we can't do it anymore. Fuck my life. This is making me angry.

We got to Atheon in like 2 hours and can't complete it now. Sad face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom