• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coconut

Banned
So what is the best way to grind out a MIDAS TOOL drop or the MONTE CARLO? Mind you my raid team has disbanded after our third VoG skirmish and general boredom with the game. I got the bug to pick up again a little earlier than the DLC release hoping to hit 29 before then and these are the 2 weapons I want the most and I'm hoping to combine efforts to grind ass shards and maybe get these to drop. Little tip would be much appreciated.

Or, another easy way.

Have four titan Defenders. He only teleports to one of two spots, initially. Alternate back and forth, moving over and popping a bubble. Annihilate the shield-less Templar. Oracles are not a problem. No Detains. The sightlines allow easy annihilation of incoming adds / Minotaurs..

Yeah, for sure. More Defenders the merrier, its ridiculous how good they are. We never have that many at one time since we are all running 3 characters and most of us have 1 of each class. We try to distribute the classes fairly evenly between the runs.

It just feels a bit too effective right now. Not only can it kill fast but when you hit someone it almost always makes them retreat or go on the defensive which is a massive bonus already.

Maybe look at reload time? Keep clip size up but make you use your bullets more considerately?

I wish they've gone a different route and made it more focused on DOT. Like maybe have each individual shot do very little damage, but each new one stacks faster DOT to a cap.
The DoT only applies on the first hit anyways. If did stack, it would be broken beyond belief.

Edit: you mentioned cap. Regardless, the DoT shouldn't stack. It's fine the way it is.

Zakalwe

Banned
The DoT only applies on the first hit anyways. If did stack, it would be broken beyond belief.

I have a feeling you didn't /really/ read my post...

Edit: you mentioned cap. Regardless, the DoT shouldn't stack. It's fine the way it is.

I also mentioned lowering the damage of each shot and making the focus being on applying as many ticks of DoT as possible.

Which would make it more unique.

Obviously you wouldn't increase DoT with the way the weapon works right now.

Geneijin

So what is the best way to grind out a MIDAS TOOL drop or the MONTE CARLO? Mind you my raid team has disbanded after our third VoG skirmish and general boredom with the game. I got the bug to pick up again a little earlier than the DLC release hoping to hit 29 before then and these are the 2 weapons I want the most and I'm hoping to combine efforts to grind ass shards and maybe get these to drop. Little tip would be much appreciated.
Tiger strikes, but eh, it's a whole lot of strikes. I think someone did more than 5,000 for a Hawkmoon?

Your best chance is doing the raid or Xur selling either one personally.

GhaleonEB

Would anyone be interested in helping my daughter through the level 26 weekly heroic strike? She's level 25 (almost 26) and is trying to find ways to move up to the raid level more quickly. She can play between 4 and 6 PST tonight, and from 3:30 to 7 PST the rest of the week. Anyone free to help?

She wants to join the GAF raiding groups in a few weeks when she's got her gear ready. :)

EL CUCO

It just feels a bit too effective right now. Not only can it kill fast but when you hit someone it almost always makes them retreat or go on the defensive which is a massive bonus already.

Maybe look at reload time? Keep clip size up but make you use your bullets more considerately?

I wish they've gone a different route and made it more focused on DOT. Like maybe have each individual shot do very little damage, but each new one stacks faster DOT to a cap.

Yeah that's not a bad set up, but like I said earlier, Hawkmoon hits like a Mac truck and reloads about the same speed as Thorn now, with 13 in the clip. TLW kills in the blink of an eye at mid range with about the same ROF as Thorn with hipfire bonus, full auto, and low recoil. Thorn has a bit more recoil than Hawkmoon (Maybe?) If anything, the new Thorn puts it on par with the other Exotic HC's if you ask me.

I understand that Thorns effectiveness can be a bit of a shocker now, but it just goes to show how bad the weapon was prior to the buff in comparison to the other HC's.

hydruxo

Running Nightfalls on 3 alts is probably your best shot if you don't have a raid group at the moment. Other than that, crucible and tiger strikes have very small chances of exotics.

LordofPwn

05d.jpg
4c7.png

ive had 3 hours of sleep and I'm bored waiting for my dad to get out of surgery

Geneijin

Would anyone be interested in helping my daughter through the level 26 weekly heroic strike? She's level 25 (almost 26) and is trying to find ways to move up to the raid level more quickly. She can play between 4 and 6 PST tonight, and from 3:30 to 7 PST the rest of the week. Anyone free to help?

She wants to join the GAF raiding groups in a few weeks when she's got her gear ready. :)
If you can't find anybody around those times, I can help.

I would prefer doing the 28 though :3

Running Nightfalls on 3 alts is probably your best shot if you don't have a raid group at the moment. Other than that, crucible and tiger strikes have very small chances of exotics.
Can't believe I forgot about the Nightfall. Man, I'm tired.

neoism

so what you guys think of the patch I haven't played in like 2 weeks lol updating now 2.4 gb :O
reading patching notes... :O

Pickman

I'll help out. 29 Lock, VoC and Icebreaker. I'm on from 7 to 11 EST most nights (not tonight cause of The Flash) so you can just add me on PSN, Mr_Pickman.

phen0m24

do you need one? my brother got one from atheon the other day (hes level 26), i was super excited for him because its such a dope weapon, i'm fortunate enough to have purchased it from xur

i know you have the ballerhorn though... thats what I really want :)

Yup. Still don't have one.

Doing the poor man method of invective to Praedyth. Lol

Hope you get your Horn!

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah that's not a bad set up, but like I said earlier, Hawkmoon hits like a Mac truck and reloads about the same speed as Thorn now, with 13 in the clip. TLW kills in the blink of an eye at mid range with about the same ROF as Thorn with hipfire bonus, full auto, and low recoil. Thorn has a bit more recoil than Hawkmoon (Maybe?) If anything, the new Thorn puts it on par with the other Exotic HC's if you ask me.

You might be right. It might just be the fact so much happened all at once.

Trying them all out now. It definitely feels incredible to fire. :3

Strider

so what you guys think of the patch I haven't played in like 2 weeks lol updating now 24 gb :O
reading patching notes... :O

The most recent patch is the best we've had since launch. The changes to material economy is by far the best thing that's happened to Destiny. No more running in circles for hours looking for chests!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I started going full recovery/agi on my gunslinger hunter fairly recently. From a purely anecdotal standpoint, I was getting obliterated by a lot of people no matter what my armor was. Recovery/agi gives me a great chance to run away from "rough" situations to not only regain health, but gain a range/tactical advantage.
crucible, you mean?

as far as I'm concerned, it's Armor in PvE (regardless of class), Recovery in PvP.

I'd be happy to take her through the 28, any time I'm free this week; I'm probably not going to be on much tonight, but if she hasn't managed to do it by tomorrow evening around 4:00PST, let her know!

hydruxo

So what does everybody still need from VoG?

All I need are Corrective Measure, Praetorian Foil & Praedyth's Timepiece. Not all that concerned about getting any of them though, but CM would be nice to have.

I would agree with this. Thorn is definitely effective now but I don't think it's out of line with the other exotic HCs. Seems like it's the best all around medium range exotic HC while TLW and Hawkmoon are your best bet for short and long range firefights.

I hope they don't mess with any of them again at this point. They all seem balanced to me in relation to each other's abilities.

Feorax

Anyone doing the nightfall right now? I havent got a mic on me, but I really doubt we need one for this.

Level 29 warlock with maxed VoC. PSN: MattIgoe.

neoism

YOU CAN BUY MATS NOW .........

chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

I'll be down for a normal raid if anyone needs someone..
would like to get some mo of you on meh friends list.. I'll more than likely well be getting the ex-pack lol :p
PSN ne0ism-

All I need are Corrective Measure, Praetorian Foil & Praedyth's Timepiece. Not all that concerned about getting any of them though, but CM would be nice to have.

Praetorian Foil and Timepiece.
Doesn't bother me I get them or not.

Just Vex and Timepiece.

Got all other weapons, all armour for all 3 classes and the ships/sparrow/shader.

I feel like I will never get them :(

J Jizzle

Finally hit 30 today on a raid I had to lead after everyone (whom were all 30s except me) were clueless on the templar without cheese. Felt like I really earned my last raid piece compared to the previous ones. Crota here I come!

Jinjo

It's always a crappy pulse rifle. Fuck you Nightfall.

Two to go. Any in my friendslist up for two more feel free to join me.

GlamFM

Banned

I have all the weapons, but to this day I didn't get a single armor piece....

Finishing up this week first hard mode raid. . at atheon, no chest dropped. Bloody hell. I have to do this raid again tonight hoping for chest.

Thank you RNG.

neoism

Liking all the new sound affects and clicks ... games seems really nice and different and I was only gone two 2eeks lol after the 2nd expack I bet this game will be totally different.. and better...

I still think for the price each expack should be 6 MP maps. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom