• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
First nightfall: 7 strange coins
First weekly heroic: 9 strange coins and 3 blue engrams that gave me nothing good in particular.
First raid: Raid boots, Chatterwhite, Legendary Mats. Only reason i'm tiffed about this is that I literally JUST purchased some vanguard legendary boots to get to level 25.

Second nightfall: Epitaph Vanguard Sniper, sadly worse than the one you can purchase
second weekly heroic: 9 strange coins and 3 blue engrams that gave me nothing good in particular.

Fingers crossed my second raid nets me something.
The transition between level 23 and level 26 is the most boring part of this game, ever.

Unless you have a higher level with you, you never want to do story missions with the heroic modifier. It's not worth the extra time.

When you do bounties first, you go above the level you need to be to do the story. So you do it when you're above the heroic modifier which gives you bonus xp and is well worth the time to level up quickly, especially if you've completed the day's bounties.

Was curious, back when people farmed for materials did anyone else return to orbit and go back the planet if a rival farmer or two would appear?

If I was just farming, I'd try to follow the guy and point out chests and materials. If I was just grabbing random ones while doing bounties or patrols I kept to myself. Some of the most fun I've had were when randomly a group of 5 or 6 farmers would get together. Would get a ton of mats real fast. The mark exchange feels so great now. It's nice to not have to stop and grab everything I see when I'm doing other things.

Looks like i'm missing an easy week of nightfall and weekly stuff :(

Will try to borrow a PS4 from someone over the weekend. I'll be damned if Xur sells G-horn this week.

Geneijin

When you do bounties first, you go above the level you need to be to do the story. So you do it when you're above the heroic modifier which gives you bonus xp and is well worth the time to level up quickly, especially if you've completed the day's bounties.
Yeah, but if we're talking about a straight 6 hour grind, it's better with the former. If you're staggering leveling your alt, then I would suggest that but I find that slower honestly.

patchday

You know, I initially understood those Level 30's who were a bit resentful about TDB giving players a more direct route to Level 30+ but after playing the Raid again and getting nothing but shards and Chatterwhite AGAIN, fuck that noise. If Bungie isn't going to fix this horrid RNG, they've made the best decision possible for this and future expansions. I'm tired of being punished by this game.

I wish they would improve RNG for the DLC and add more armor sets so all the L32s won't look like clones of each other. Just not too inspired to purchase the DLC myself but looking forward to checking out impressions of the raid and stuff.

I wish they'd at least have hard raid armor and normal raid armor sets

Namikaze1

Got a legendary boot engram. I feel like saving it till next week for a possible exotic boot drop since Titans and I believe Hunters will have exotic boots with the Dark Below.

SkylineRKR

Heroic: continued Raid from where we left off. Finished Gatekeepers in 4 mins, Atheon in 4 mins, didn't die. Reward?

Gjallerhorn.

todd360

Both were as a Warlock. The funny thing is, you were my first thought after I realized what I actually got.
At first I thought I got a third Voidfang Vestments...

Well maybe I'll be blessed by RNGesus today as well once I do nightfall. At this point I would just be happy with an exotic. Every week I get a legendary gun I dont want.

I wish they would improve RNG for the DLC and add more armor sets so all the L32s won't look like clones of each other. Just not too inspired to purchase the DLC myself but looking forward to checking out impressions of the raid and stuff.

I wish they'd at least have hard raid armor and normal raid armor sets

yeah, this being a loot game, IMO it needs about 200% more loot

Namikaze1

Well maybe I'll be blessed by RNGesus today as well once I do nightfall. At this point I would just be happy with an exotic. Every week I get a legendary gun I dont want.
RNGesus better be kind to you. It's the last Nightfall before DLC. Bastard needs to finally give you Heart of Praxic Fire. Though I will laugh and cry if Xur sells it this Friday after you get it from Nightfall.

MrS

Banned
Nice. Just sent you a friend request.

You're already in my friend list. I think we played (at least one part of) the raid on Saturday or so. Anyway, that makes four of us:

Crota's End (Blind), Friday 12th
1. Ambitious
2. ocean
3. Jinjo
4. Mr-Stephen (definitely)
I'm in!

Big question...

Will DLC Exotic Armour have more Light? Is there ay reason for me to keep extra Exotic Armour?

I don't think anyone knows yet, but the assumption is that you'll be able to upgrade your existing exotics to keep them up to date with current level cap.

The reason it's a safe assumption is that the alternative means all existing exotics become worthless and it would make zero sense for Bungie to do that to their game.

Probably just have to add another exotic shard to them.

GhaleonEB

I'll help out. 29 Lock, VoC and Icebreaker. I'm on from 7 to 11 EST most nights (not tonight cause of The Flash) so you can just add me on PSN, Mr_Pickman.

If you can't find anybody around those times, I can help.

I would prefer doing the 28 though :3

Can't believe I forgot about the Nightfall. Man, I'm tired.

Thanks guys.

RE: level 26 vs. 28, since she's 25 I think doing 26 would be better, so she's not cowering behind rocks / waiting to respawn the whole time...I realize that sucks for you though. If you don't want to step down I understand.

Izuna

Banned
I don't think anyone knows yet, but the assumption is that you'll be able to upgrade your existing exotics to keep them up to date with current level cap.

The reason it's a safe assumption is that the alternative means all existing exotics become worthless and it would make zero sense for Bungie to do that to their game.

Probably just have to add another exotic shard to them.

I hope its the case man. I have an exotic Helmet and Chest. I want to keep both in case I can't get either randomly. Plus I like the Lucky Raspberry stats.

realcZk

Haha thanksgiving and now I'm on the road for work until tomorrow. i sent you guys a Psn message.

I'll be back in the game around 7pm central tomorrow night.

Damn man, you haven't played Destiny in a little over a week, sure you're doing OK?

Thanks for the advice everyone - will either get Swarm or TDYK. Leaning toward Swarm since I would like to get that Thorn bounty done, and it seems like the Swarm would also be useful for the Raid. realcZk I'll send you a friend request since I could use the help with the PVP part of the Thorn bounty. I've only been playing with randoms on rumble and control and not having too much luck. My psn is orion_52.

Yeah I'd be up for doing skirmish sometime - I'm on EST usually sometime between 7 and 11 pm. Tomorrow is my wife's bday so can't do it then but maybe this weekend.

Sounds good man, you'll love the Thorn. It's a bit of a PvP grind to get it but the SWARM is a pretty good PvP gun. You could always get TDYK if you want a HC primary right now and then hope you get a void drop from the nightfall or something (or a blue void MG/secondary), but personally I'd just grind it out with the MG. Heavy ammo spawns around the 8 minute mark in Skirmish (i think?) and then it can spawn again later during the match. They spawn in two places on the map and I know the spots so we will be sure to have someone on at least one spot when we hear "heavy ammo inbound". It's best when you can split up around that time and try to steal both spots but you need to know where the enemy is located to do it reliably and safely. After we get a couple people with the heavy, your top priority should be staying alive and netting kills from a safe distance, behind the cover of your teammates.

I remember someone mentioned that assists count towards the Thorn bounty but I have never confirmed this.

Pickman

Thanks guys.

RE: level 26 vs. 28, since she's 25 I think doing 26 would be better, so she's not cowering behind rocks / waiting to respawn the whole time...I realize that sucks for you though. If you don't want to step down I understand.

Nah man, I'm Billy Badass on a Solar week. I'll do my 28 and then run the 26 with her.

Geneijin

Thanks guys.

It's cool. I understand. 26 is fine. I'd be willing to help.

Forgot to add my PSN: Kopyasu. Sorry about that.

rNilla

I really need to go through my characters' weapon inventories and clean house. So many redundant legendaries but I never know which ones to save and which ones to dismantle since they all have different perks. I suppose it won't really matter in a couple weeks anyway.

Frenden

Banned
I really need to go through my characters' weapon inventories and clean house. So many redundant legendaries but I never know which ones to save and which ones to dismantle since they all have different perks. I suppose it won't really matter in a couple weeks anyway.

I seldom shard legendaries and need to do the same. I might wait a week to see how things suss out.

ocean

Banned
Are any Faction weapons really standout? Most of the stuff I've kept is Vanguard or Crucible. The other vendors haven't made me look twice yet.

Destroy them all. A deep cleaning is needed pre-Dark Below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom