• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Titanbro representing. Level 30 too. Weapons of choice will be maxed Ballarhorn, Arc Epitaph and Vision of Confluence. Just got Fatebringer last sunday so I'm looking to level that one too before we start.

Anywhere from 7 to 8 pm GMT works fine for me. I'm in the GMT+1 timezone though and have to work the next day (ugh), so I can't make it superlate. Like max 12 pm GMT, but preferably a little earlier lol. Or I might say fuck it and call in sick if we're going hard haha.

Also, Computer, your challenge has been accepted lol. Let's see who gets the furthest day one. (I fully expect us to need atleast two sittings)

Jinjo, we have a raid in about 30min, but I can't find you on PSN to add you as a friend. JinjoNL comes up with no user found :( PSN is messed up?

ocean

Banned
Titanbro representing. Level 30 too. Weapons of choice will be maxed Ballarhorn, Arc Epitaph and Vision of Confluence. Just got Fatebringer last sunday so I'm looking to level that one too before we start.

Anywhere from 7 to 8 pm GMT works fine for me. I'm in the GMT+1 timezone though and have to work the next day (ugh), so I can't make it superlate. Like max 12 pm GMT, but preferably a little earlier lol. Or I might say fuck it and call in sick if we're going hard haha.

Also, Computer, your challenge has been accepted lol. Let's see who gets the furthest day one. (I fully expect us to need atleast two sittings)

I've got Vision of Confluence, Ice Breaker and Hezen Vengeance maxed. For Arc I'm still upgrading Fatebringer, Plan C and The Swarm. We'll rock this shit.

Sorry Daryl, ocean took the last spot and mandrake has confirmed his spot. Shoot me friend request and if anyone has issues and cant go, then Ill invite promptly.

Will do man. I hope everything goes smoothly for you all.

-

If anyone else is doing a hard mode raid later tonight I'm looking for a team

LordofPwn

Not sure if this was straightened out already or not, but assists do not count for the Thorn bounty. They only count with the Invective bounty, and the text has been updated to reflect this.

Edit: Also, is there nobody that wants to be 3rd on a skirmish steam roller? Nobody wants to do Crucible on reset day. :(
I'll join!

GhaleonEB

Got a question about the VoG. I'm level 26 now, with legendary gear about 2/3 of the way leveled. It will take me a few weeks to ear the shards/materials to get them fully leveled. Am I ready for a normal run now, or should I wait until my gear is up to speed?

Strider

Got a question about the VoG. I'm level 26 now, with legendary gear about 2/3 of the way leveled. It will take me a few weeks to ear the shards/materials to get them fully leveled. Am I ready for a normal run now, or should I wait until my gear is up to speed?

You're ready for normal now. Raid is also the #1 place to get shards. I got 15 in my run last night I think lol Go for it.

You're ready if you go with a group that knows what they're doing.

That said, buy an exotic from Xur on Friday and it should easily push you to 27.

ocean

Banned

The second half of the VoG is doable but a little hard at 26. With an experienced team you might be OK but you'll be dying more than you should. If all you're missing is shards though the best place to get them is the VoG itself so it's feasible to upgrade once you go in.

A few weeks back I'd have said to wait until 27 but groups are experienced enough by now for you to join without much issue :) Go for it!

I'd love to! Level 30 Hunter . androo2300

You're in!

Reposting for new page:

Crota's End (Blind), - Team B - Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT) - PlayStation 4

• ComputerMKII (ComputerMkII) - Level 30 Titan
  • DarrylMR (Darryl_M_R) - Level 29 hunter (soon to be 30)
  • 140.85 (androo2300) - Level 30 Hunter
  • Rubenov (Rubenov25) - Level 30 Warlock
  • Dhruv_hanom (Dhruv_Hanom) - Level 30 Titan
  • ?

LiK

If you have some higher level people in the group, they can carry you in Normal raid. lvl 27 is better.

kidko

Depends on your group. If you have a strong group that is supportive, you'll be fine. Keep in mind, you'll be facing 28s who are gonna hit hard while being bullet-spongey, so you'll want to be paired up with someone a little stronger in case things get tense.

Deku Tree

Most GAF groups can now easily four or five man the normal VoG so if you get in a decent group being level 26 isn't a problem and it's by far the best place to get ascendant shards and energies.

Strider

WOAH. Since when could you pick up a sword during patrol?!

B34BrepIAAEi5tI.jpg:large

Not confirmed but the Knight that is carrying the "blade of crota" or whatever that spawns now since the update has an arc shield.

This seems to be kind of a hint. Would be interesting to see if it applies to all Knights or just that version of Knight.

I'm prepared just in case. That's it. I'm not arguing there will or won't be shields on the knights lol You don't need to convince me of anything.

Yeah probably a good idea. With Bungie you never know what they'll come up with.

Jinjo

Jinjo, we have a raid in about 30min, but I can't find you on PSN to add you as a friend. JinjoNL comes up with no user found :( PSN is messed up?

Yeah I know, psn search is not finding you either. Who else was in it again? Think I had atleast one of them on my list already..

I was facing a wall in a safe zone. While trying to comment on GAF, my controller slips and lands on the floor. Hunter throws a grenade and the rest is history.

I am glad they do not have a stat for deaths by misadventure...

I would honestly be ranked super high in the world.

hydruxo

I'm soloing the weekly right now and I got Nexus down to a sliver of health and I get one shotted by a fucking hobgoblin. I didn't even get damage indicators. Just straight one hit kill. Such bullshit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was in the middle of a skirmish game (we got stomped) sry discrete.

anyone else still down for a normal raid on ps4? DY_nastyIV

X-Frame

PSN can't even allow member searches now?

I can't wait for the influx of more PS4's during Christmas time, should be real fun.

ocean

Banned
I'm soloing the weekly right now and I got Nexus down to a sliver of health and I get one shotted by a fucking hobgoblin. I didn't even get damage indicators. Just straight one hit kill. Such bullshit.

Are those shots solar? It's the game's way of getting back at us for breaking all the ice like ballers with visions.

Just got my third Armamentarium and Suros. -_-

TLW was my most wanted weapon and it eluded me for months. I buy one from Xur and of course it drops. I don't know how to feel really. Hate RNG or Xur for robbing me of the joy of getting the weapon I always wanted as a drop. I have a feeling it would have never dropped if I hadn't bought it already though

ocean

Banned
Dilemma. Don't know whether to upgrade Plan C or Patience & Time by next week. Definitely won't have time to do both. I'm expecting Arc to come in handy but unsure which weapon to go for.

RoKKeR

That 1000 Vanguard rep drop was the most helpful shit ever, close to Rank 2 so hopefully after that things start to open up for me in terms of leveling and legendaries.

10 Strange coins from Nightfall isn't bad anymore, since I can buy Exotic Shards.

I really want an Arc Handcannon, so I will wait for DLC to hit to find out if the Fatebringer is better or if the Word of Crota is actually Void instead. That being said, I would like a Void Handcannon.

It's gonna be hard to top Fatebringer

That 1000 Vanguard rep drop was the most helpful shit ever, close to Rank 2 so hopefully after that things start to open up for me in terms of leveling and legendaries.

What do you mean exactly?

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm about 80% of the way to level 27, so if I get some shards in the first few stages of the raid I should be able to level up before the end, just one or two upgrades.

Might try to join Hawkian's newb-friendly crew or some such in the next week or so. Finally!

LiK

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm about 80% of the way to level 27, so if I get some shards in the first few stages of the raid I should be able to level up before the end, just one or two upgrades.

Might try to join Hawkian's newb-friendly crew or some such in the next week or so. Finally!
Join Gaffers here for Raid, they'll easily carry you to the end even if you're 26.

You technically are ready now if you have decent weapons though I recommend everyone hit 27 before they try it. It depends on how experienced and or patient your group is. I also recommend not using shards on your legendary armor. Get yourself legendary everything (or one exotic) and upgrade them all to the point where you start having to use shards. That will get you to 27 and at that point you can start running Raids to get your Raid gear which is what you want to save those shards for. If you get an exotic, you can max that out and hit 28 without wasting a single shard.

ocean

Banned
Crota's End (Blind), Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT)
1. Ambitious
2. ocean - 30 Titan
3. Jinjo - 30 Titan
4. Mr-Stephen - 30 Warlock
5. Hzoltan69 - 30 Warlock/Titan/Hunter (damn brah)
6. tw1st - 30 Hunter

94d2f8740795fce86e3db62919344bdf.gif

All 30s and every class represented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom