• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

Sorry, Computer.

Crota's End (Blind), Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT)
1. Ambitious
2. ocean
3. Jinjo
4. Mr-Stephen
5. Hzoltan69
6. tw1st

Allright! We should probably make a PSN chat no?

Also lol. Pocket Infinity nightfall kills is pisseasy this week with the Mythoclast. Still, even with solar burn the mythoclast feels underpowered with Suros for instance.

bosseye

Anyone looking for one more for the raid?

Level 29 Warlock, some raid experience on normal (done most of the Templar and done Atheon entirely).

PSN is BarryFishFinger send me an invite, on now!

Are any Faction weapons really standout? Most of the stuff I've kept is Vanguard or Crucible. The other vendors haven't made me look twice yet.

oh yes. Vanquisher XIII (auto rifle) from New Monarchy is amazing. Highest legendary auto rifle stability with the Perfect Balance perk.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Level 27 Hunter. PSN ID (PS4) DY_nastyIV

looking for a normal raid today. my first go round :eek:

I've been putting it off for forever.

Sorry, Computer.

1. Ambitious
2. ocean
3. Jinjo
4. Mr-Stephen
5. Hzoltan69
6. tw1st

OK, then. I'm starting a second group. Let's see who defeats Crota first. If anyone wants to join, tell me!

Crota's End (Blind), - Team B - Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT) - PlayStation 4

• ComputerMKII (ComputerMkII) - Level 30 Titan
  • DarrylMR (Darryl_M_R) - Level 29 hunter (soon to be 30)
  • 140.85 (androo2300) - Level 30 Hunter
  • Rubenov (Rubenov25) - Level 30 Warlock
  • Dhruv_hanom (Dhruv_Hanom) - Level 30 Titan
  • ?

E92 M3

I wish we could join a faction without have to change the class item. I really like the cloak I'm wearing now (Cosmic Joke) and don't want to change it.

ocean

Banned
Sorry, Computer.

1. Ambitious
2. ocean
3. Jinjo
4. Mr-Stephen
5. Hzoltan69
6. tw1st

Perfect. Just to see what our team is looking like maybe we can share our class/level? I'll be going as a level 30 Titan. Assuming the new Raid is two level higher than the current one, it'll start with level 28 enemies and end with level 30 ones. I'm guessing being 29 would be the minimum level to have a shot at this?

Greenymac

Looking to do a hard raid about 6:45 PM Eastern time today. Ive already got 3 ready to roll and leaving a space for my man mandrake if he wants in. If MandrakeUk cant make it then I will need 3.

1.Greeny the Unwed
2.TysonBane
3. Dracovore
4. MandrakeUK(if he responds and wants the spot)
5. xplicitone

Make it Quick and painless boys. I have never used the relic on the templar so I want to do that. By the time I was comfortable with the relic, we were all giving the templar the Steve Urkel treatment, but now i can learn.

Still looking for one more for hard raid at 6:45 Eastern time...

Strider

Well. I'm now as ready for Crota's End as I can be...

Y50lDMf.png

qRleNwS.png

HrqhPzO.png

BIo6ozE.png

jeA6Ehj.png

Ynhos8g.png

0mrnzOs.png

Wish I had a Gjallarhorn and FateBringer to throw into the mix, but either way those knight and wizard shields are going down :p

X-Frame

Does anyone else have regular Legendary rocket launchers with Homing rockets?

I was lucky to get 2 of them; one is Solar and one is Arc. Should come in handy for Crota's End as well.

noomi

Sorry, Computer.

1. Ambitious
2. ocean
3. Jinjo
4. Mr-Stephen
5. Hzoltan69
6. tw1st

Hope we can go for the 8:30PM :) I could be on a little earlier if I'm fast after work.

Details: psn is noomi85 , level 30 hunter

Pickman

Be honest guys. Is the shadow price worth upgrading to the max or just forget it?

Gun sux as is

Did you buy it or get it from an engram/level up package? The for-sale one is kinda meh, but mine has Field Scout and the super-fast reload after emptying a clip perk, so I'm a goddamned bullet hose in PvP. 42 rounds and then less than half a second to the next clip.

I'm not a fan of the "recover from near death, get faster reload" perk on the vanguard vendor one.

Still looking for one more for hard raid at 6:45 Eastern time...

Im down PSN: Darryl_M_R. Level 29 hunter, just did hard mode raid earlier today so I know how to beat the templar legit (have completed it over 15 times. . no chest still) [if someone can't make it, I'm down for being an alt--I am available for sure at that time]

Also if your friend never reply I would love to take his spot.

E92 M3

Well. I'm now as ready for Crota's End as I can be...

Wish I had a Gjallarhorn and FateBringer to throw into the mix, but either way those knight and wizard shields are going down :p

Do you notice the damage difference with the hit to impact? I think I do, but I might be crazy.

I believe you could now. Just need to change to the class emblem.

I thought that, too, but the emblems require at least one rank. Can you test it?

Strider

Is it confirmed the Knights will be shielded? It's not like Harpies and Supplicants in the VoG are. Only wizards should be shielded.

No. But just in case I'm prepared. It's certainly possible considering all of the "more damage vs stronger hive" bonuses to the new raid weapons.

OK, then. I'm starting a second group. Let's see who defeats Crota first. If anyone wants to join, tell me!

Crota's End (Blind), - Team B - Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT) - PlayStation 4

• ComputerMkII - Level 30 Titan
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

I'm down, PSN: Darryl_M_R (level 29 hunter--but I caved and bought an exotic chest so regardless if I get the raid chest this week I'll be level 30 by then)

Izuna

Banned
Playing to look for Fatebringer. I had a Gjallahorn but didn't level it up, I didn't know why it was good.

Finding a group on LFG takes far too long... Massively decided against using Patience and Time and may end up dismantling it.

ocean

Banned
No. But just in case I'm prepared. It's certainly possible considering all of the "more damage vs stronger hive" bonuses to the new raid weapons.

You never know though. I mean Supplicants are like stronger harpies but aren't shielded. Fanatics weren't either. From the start I've found it curious that nothing in the VoG other than Praetorians is shielded.

Having enemies with different elemental shields would be a good way to add a strategic element to the Raid, since different party members would for instance load out with specific targets in mind. Let's see how they handle this, but I'd love elements to be a more important factor in Raiding load out decisions.

Sweet. Never done legit Templar on Hard so this'll be interesting to say the least :) Anyone know if Oracles are still killed from the roof?

Yup.... Took us a while to do it, but with three DPS we just couldn't get enough DPS on him. We ended up with two people down below, me (29) using the relic and a '30 bodyguard'. That worked but he still ended up enraging and I died. Man I miss the cheese lol. I got 6 shards for all of that :( everything else was so much easier in comparison...

MrS

Banned
Perfect. Just to see what our team is looking like maybe we can share our class/level? I'll be going as a level 30 Titan. Assuming the new Raid is two level higher than the current one, it'll start with level 28 enemies and end with level 30 ones. I'm guessing being 29 would be the minimum level to have a shot at this?
30 Warlock with both subclasses maxed.

noomi

unrelated... but is anyone else having issues adding people as friends on PSN, I'm searching some guys I'm supposed to raid with in 45min and can't find them :(

moris

Why are you guys doing the new raid on Friday the 12th? Doesn't it come on the 9th? I thought I read somewhere it's available on Day 1 of the expansion. Am I mistaken?

I remember someone mentioned that assists count towards the Thorn bounty but I have never confirmed this.

Not sure if this was straightened out already or not, but assists do not count for the Thorn bounty. They only count with the Invective bounty, and the text has been updated to reflect this.

Edit: Also, is there nobody that wants to be 3rd on a skirmish steam roller? Nobody wants to do Crucible on reset day. :(

ocean

Banned
By the way, one person from each team should stream their CE blind run (I can't, not enough bandwidth) so everyone can follow the race :p

That sounds good! A little friendly competition sounds interesting :) I'm guessing there's the possibility of running around like idiots for a while though if there's something similar to the Gorgon Maze :p Still have no clue how the first teams had the patience to figure that place out.

You never know though. I mean Supplicants are like stronger harpies but aren't shielded. Fanatics weren't either. From the start I've found it curious that nothing in the VoG other than Praetorians is shielded.

Having enemies with different elemental shields would be a good way to add a strategic element to the Raid, since different party members would for instance load out with specific targets in mind. Let's see how they handle this, but I'd love elements to be a more important factor in Raiding load out decisions.

using the Nightall/Xyor strike/Queen missions as examples, only those missions with the Epic modifier have a second shielded enemy type. VoG hard is only Heroic. Unless the raid somehow does have that I doubt there would be a second type of shielded enemy.

Seeing as how level 30 is Normal it makes sense that the Hard version would be the Heroic raid.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

• ComputerMkII - Level 30 Titan
  • Darryl_M_R - Level 29 hunter (soon to be 30)
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

I'd love to! Level 30 Hunter . androo2300

Jinjo

Titanbro representing. Level 30 too. Weapons of choice will be maxed Ballarhorn, Arc Epitaph and Vision of Confluence. Just got Fatebringer last sunday so I'm looking to level that one too before we start. Level 29 is definitely the minimum, but 30 is obviously preferred.

Hope we can go for the 8:30PM :) I could be on a little earlier if I'm fast after work.

Details: psn is noomi85 , level 30 hunter

Anywhere from 7 to 8 pm GMT works fine for me. I'm in the GMT+1 timezone though and have to work the next day (ugh), so I can't make it superlate. Like max 12 pm GMT, but preferably a little earlier lol. Or I might say fuck it and call in sick if we're going hard haha.

Also, Computer, your challenge has been accepted lol. Let's see who gets the furthest day one. (I fully expect us to need atleast two sittings)

Greenymac

Im down PSN: Darryl_M_R. Level 29 hunter, just did hard mode raid earlier today so I know how to beat the templar legit (have completed it over 15 times. . no chest still) [if someone can't make it, I'm down for being an alt--I am available for sure at that time]

Also if your friend never reply I would love to take his spot.

Sorry Daryl, ocean took the last spot and mandrake has confirmed his spot. Shoot me friend request and if anyone has issues and cant go, then Ill invite promptly.

Hzoltan69

I'm probably taking my warlock, but I have a lvl 30 in all three classes, so I can swap to any of them if necessary.

Strider

using the Nightall/Xyor strike/Queen missions as examples, only those missions with the Epic modifier have a second shielded enemy type. VoG hard is only Heroic. Unless the raid somehow does have that I doubt there would be a second type of shielded enemy.

Seeing as how level 30 is Normal it makes sense that the Hard version would be the Heroic raid.

I'm prepared just in case. That's it. I'm not arguing there will or won't be shields on the knights lol You don't need to convince me of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom