• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

And now my friend is making jokes about my grenade suicide. First dragon age and now destiny...

Sigh. She's gonna be making terrible jokes all afternoon long. Thank god she'll be busy playing Pokemon Omega Ruby while I'm raiding tonight.

LiK

And now my friend is making jokes about my grenade suicide. First dragon age and now destiny...

Sigh. She's gonna be making terrible jokes all afternoon long. Thank god she'll be busy playing Pokemon Omega Ruby while I'm raiding tonight.

"Haha, you died at Templar? Haha"

ocean

Banned
Thanks for the answers guys. I'm about 80% of the way to level 27, so if I get some shards in the first few stages of the raid I should be able to level up before the end, just one or two upgrades.

Might try to join Hawkian's newb-friendly crew or some such in the next week or so. Finally!

As soon as you open the VoG there's a chest that can only drop Shards or Energy so there's that. Worst case scenario? You get enough shards during the Raid to upgrade your stuff. Best case? A chance at some of the game's best weapons and gear :) Also, I highly recommend Hawk's noob runs. He goes completely legit and pauses at each phase to explain the mechanics instead of just carrying you through the thing while you shoot in confusion.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So yeah. In cosmodrome, you'll sometimes get a "Swords of Crota have invaded this world" message. A sword will spawn near the 3 hives in the basement.

Got a question about the VoG. I'm level 26 now, with legendary gear about 2/3 of the way leveled. It will take me a few weeks to ear the shards/materials to get them fully leveled. Am I ready for a normal run now, or should I wait until my gear is up to speed?

You can run it now. Most groups have enough higher level characters that it's not too hard to clear. Join Hawks weekly newbie raid on Thursday or ask on here if there's a raid group that'll take you and show you the ropes.

Rubenov

OK, then. I'm starting a second group. Let's see who defeats Crota first. If anyone wants to join, tell me!

Crota's End (Blind), - Team B - Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT) - PlayStation 4

• ComputerMKII (ComputerMkII) - Level 30 Titan
  • DarrylMR (Darryl_M_R) - Level 29 hunter (soon to be 30)
  • 140.85 (androo2300) - Level 30 Hunter
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

I'm in. Rubenov25 - Level 30 Warlock.

Namikaze1

"Haha, you died at Templar? Haha"
This was her during Dragon Age on Sunday:

On my female Inquisitor's first look in her normal attire:
"Damn! She's bustier than me!"

On my first death with my female Inquisitor:
"Oh noooo. You died. Now go smex Cullen."

On my first dragon encounter:
"I wish I could ride that dragon. If you know what I mean, Nami..."

On creating my inquisitor:
"Fuck that American voice actress! Go with the English one. She sounds so much sexier."

On Destiny yesterday after the patch (this was when I was checking out the hand cannon thing for you):
"Dammit, Bungie! I was enjoying Nami's Titan's glorious ass!"

Jinjo

Crota's End (Blind), Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT)
1. Ambitious
2. ocean - 30 Titan
3. Jinjo - 30 Titan
4. Mr-Stephen - 30 Warlock
5. Hzoltan69 - 30 Warlock/Titan/Hunter (damn brah)
6. tw1st - 30 Hunter

94d2f8740795fce86e3db62919344bdf.gif

All 30s and every class represented.

Yzgq7Eb.jpg

"Dis is gun be gud" is all I can say. "We should come up with an awesome name for our raidteam.

Pickman

"Fuck that American voice actress! Go with the English one. She sounds so much sexier."

On Destiny yesterday after the patch (this was when I was checking out the hand cannon thing for you):

Your friend needs to get laid :O

1. Ambitious
2. ocean - 30 Titan
3. Jinjo - 30 Titan
6. tw1st - 30 Hunter

Which one of you is streaming it?

NeOak

Hahaha

Edit: That's a fun friend lol

Mr.Walls

Neo Member
Hello fellow gaffers,
Is anybody this week thinking about doing a newbie hard mode run of the raid?
I am currently in level 30 and have never done the hard mode and would love to give it a try.

I'm in. Rubenov25 - Level 30 Warlock.

Added you to the list!

Crota's End (Blind), - Team B - Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT) - PlayStation 4

• ComputerMKII (ComputerMkII) - Level 30 Titan
  • DarrylMR (Darryl_M_R) - Level 29 hunter (soon to be 30)
  • 140.85 (androo2300) - Level 30 Hunter
  • Rubenov (Rubenov25) - Level 30 Warlock
  • Dhruv_hanom (Dhruv_Hanom) - Level 30 Titan
  • ?

EL CUCO

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm about 80% of the way to level 27, so if I get some shards in the first few stages of the raid I should be able to level up before the end, just one or two upgrades.

Might try to join Hawkian's newb-friendly crew or some such in the next week or so. Finally!

Awesome! You're going to have a blast.

X-Frame

Just did my first Atheon hard mode clear and got Vex and Titan raid helm.

DAT RNGESUS.

Nice! I was lucky enough to get the helm for my first Hard clear. Now I can rock The Armamentarium and be 30 with a 96% Discipline cool down with dual nades. >:)

Ambitious

1. Ambitious
2. ocean - 30 Titan
3. Jinjo - 30 Titan
6. tw1st - 30 Hunter

Oops, forgot to reply. Hunter or Warlock, both level 30*. My Hunter is my main, but I'm having more fun with my Warlock recently, so I don't know yet. If Hzoltan chooses either Warlock or Hunter, I could take the other one so we have two of each class.

* Actually, my Warlock's still 28, but he will be 30 soon. Just need a few materials.

Namikaze1

Apparently, she reads GAF. She just got off my couch, tapped me on my shoulder, and told me one of the quotes is slightly wrong. I just stared at her for a bit before asking her if she's a gaffer. She's not. Thank god!

Your friend needs to get laid :O
She says, and I quote, "Don't we all? wink wink"

She wanted me to include the wink wink -__-

Jinjo

Nobody's volunteered yet. I certainly have the bandwidth for it so if no one else can I'll do it. That said, I feel a little shy about it :p

Don't know if my connection can take it, never tried. That e-fame though.

Or e-shame when we fail time after time again lol.

ocean

Banned
It's ok, it will be only GAF
and half of twitch
in the chat

I don't mind being in a streamed run. It's just having it streamed from my perspective would feel kinda weird. Like all my mistakes would be seen in first-person :p Still, if nobody else in the team has adequate upload speed I'll gladly do it. Gotta love fibre channel :)

Nobody's volunteered yet. I certainly have the bandwidth for it so if no one else can I'll do it. That said, I feel a little shy about it :p

Does Live with Playstation allow you to pass the whole fireteam's chat through the stream? If so then there's no reason to feel shy if we can hear all of you.

Namikaze1

That live stream thing is a good idea. I would do it for my team but I'm not sure if I have the bandwidth for it. I'm sure one of the other members of the team does.

ocean

Banned
Does Live with Playstation allow you to pass the whole fireteam's chat through the stream? If so then there's no reason to feel shy if we can hear all of you.

Yeah, it's opt-in. Once the game is being streamed each player has to go into the party chat's settings and select an option called "Allow voice to be shared" or something to that effect. Fuck it, I'll do it. Let's stream this up! Genuine hype right now :) This feels like OT1 on Valium. Extra hype at a more chilling pace haha

Jinjo

I don't mind being in a streamed run. It's just having it streamed from my perspective would feel kinda weird. Like all my mistakes would be seen in first-person :p Still, if nobody else in the team has adequate upload speed I'll gladly do it. Gotta love fibre channel :)

If we're gonna stream it everyone will probably end calling me a little bitch for heading to bed at a decent time cause of work though lol.

I'm so gonna call in sick the next day lol.

Livestream does sound cool, especially if everyone can hear the entire team.

Ambitious

Don't know if my connection can take it, never tried. That e-fame though.

Or e-shame when we fail time after time again lol.

2mbit upload speed, connection is wonky at times, and I'm playing over WiFi. I won't even try.

E92 M3

Apparently, she reads GAF. She just got off my couch, tapped me on my shoulder, and told me one of the quotes is slightly wrong. I just stared at her for a bit before asking her if she's a gaffer. She's not. Thank god!

She says, and I quote, "Don't we all? wink wink"

She wanted me to include the wink wink -__-

nudge nudge

Ambitious

Only missing your class/level btw. Not that it'll make a difference, mere curiosity lol

Just a few posts higher:

Oops, forgot to reply. Hunter or Warlock, both level 30*. My Hunter is my main, but I'm having more fun with my Warlock recently, so I don't know yet. If Hzoltan chooses either Warlock or Hunter, I could take the other one so we have two of each class.

* Actually, my Warlock's still 28, but he will be 30 soon. Just need a few materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom