• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally blind. I hear terms tossed around (relic, cleansed, gatekeepers, etc.) but I have no idea what they mean. You just described the experience I hope to have. :D

Prepare to get sick of the following words:

• Left side
  • Right side
  • Legions
And, most of all: Oracle

Put me on the waiting list haha, just figured out what 7pm GMT was in my time.
OK

Crota's End (Blind), - Team B - Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT) - PlayStation 4

• ComputerMKII (ComputerMkII) - Level 30 Titan
  • DarrylMR (Darryl_M_R) - Level 29 hunter (soon to be 30)
  • 140.85 (androo2300) - Level 30 Hunter
  • Rubenov (Rubenov25) - Level 30 Warlock
  • Dhruv_hanom (Dhruv_Hanom) - Level 30 Titan
  • Mindlog (Mindlog) - Level 30, any class

Waiting list: EmmaWatsonButt

SkylineRKR

I grabbed the Sword of Crota at Forgotten Shore, right when a Public event started. It was a Fallen Captain and guess what? I melee'd him to death without him being able to do anything at all.

I also noticed that you can't stack Public Event packages on multiple characters anymore. Only got one today, on my 2nd char I got nothing.

and your going in blind... wow its like opening packages on Christmas morning. I wish I could re-live my first raid and all its wonders.

I was late to the raid party, and went in letting everyone tell me what to do. It was fine, but I felt like I missed out on some of the experience of the raiding when it was fresh.

spyder_ur

My fears about the raid are coming true - level 30 players all grouping up in here to do it. Oh well, I have one more shot at the Titan chest piece to get him to 30.

I grabbed the Sword of Crota at Forgotten Shore, right when a Public event started. It was a Fallen Captain and guess what? I melee'd him to death without him being able to do anything at all.

I also noticed that you can't stack Public Event packages on multiple characters anymore. Only got one today, on my 2nd char I got nothing.

Did you get an actual package? If so, was it ascendant materials?

Finally got Thunderlord maxed out. If next week is arc burn, my Fatebringer and Thunderlord are ready.

I prefer P&T over thunderlord for arc burn. Sniping from a distance plus the cloaking effect is too good to pass up. I have an arc legendary LMG (deviant gravity) that I use as my heavy

Jesus christ I love the new Thorn. I haven't even upgraded it yet, but it might be my new #2 HC behind Hawkmoon (but not by much)

Which perks are you guys running for the Thorn?

Frenden

Banned
Do y'all think it's dumb to hang on to rank-up packages until next week? I remembered to swap to faction gear on one character before I ranked it up a vanguard level, but forgot on another.

Do y'all think it's dumb to hang on to rank-up packages until next week? I remembered to swap to faction gear on one character before I ranked it up a vanguard level, but forgot on another.

I am confused - what are you talking about?

I realize you're asking if you should hold onto those mystery faction packages that are rewarded upon leveling up, in hopes that they will contain new expansion gear next week, but what do you mean about swapping faction gear before ranking up in vanguard?

Kaiken

Banned
Luckily I had the pleasure of defeating the raid (normal & raid) without any cheeses. I wonder how many are having a hard time today with the Templar. Key is to never stop moving.

Mindlog

OK

Crota's End (Blind), - Team B - Friday 12th (7pm GMT or 8.30pm GMT) - PlayStation 4

• ComputerMKII (ComputerMkII) - Level 30 Titan
  • DarrylMR (Darryl_M_R) - Level 29 hunter (soon to be 30)
  • 140.85 (androo2300) - Level 30 Hunter
  • Rubenov (Rubenov25) - Level 30 Warlock
  • Dhruv_hanom (Dhruv_Hanom) - Level 30 Titan
  • ?

Waiting list: EmmaWatsonButt
If you have space. I'm in.
Level 30 Whatever we need with whatever weapons we want maxxed.
Luckily I had the pleasure of defeating the raid (normal & raid) without any cheeses. I wonder how many are having a hard time today with the Templar. Key is to never stop moving.
My favorite strat is actually pretty stationary.
Everyone positions for the teleport block and just rockets it into oblivion. VIDEO

Corrective Measure? I find it more effective than rocket launchers

I know they made soloing more difficult so I'm not sure how effective it is now

Raid has never blessed me with Corrective Measure. I have a Void Swarm with Crowd Control and Field Scout, but the minotaurs keep on blinking until they're within melee range and one-shot you.

Even as a sunbro, I can't take them down because I revive and then we trade kills. Might have to actually do it a group for once.

*Shudders*

spyder_ur

You will be 30 in no time once the DLC comes out... no worries be happy you can do it.

Yeah no biggie, just really didn't expect the level to be 30 at start. Figured 28 or 29. I guess it depends on what is required to get the 30 gear, but still sucks to see raid groups of 30s already forming up.

After all your first time is always special.

matmanx1

Oh man, every time I have a spare moment at work I check the thread and try to catch up but it's moving too fast! This thread, this game!

New patch is fantastic but I was one of the few that didn't mind farming for planetary materials. I just grabbed them every time I did one of the *complete 6 patrols on "X"* missions and it seemed like I always had enough to do the upgrades that I needed to do.

What slows me down is Ascendant energies. I have all of these guns to upgrade but never enough energies. I would love an economy whereby you could trade marks/glimmer/something for ascendant materials. Now that would make me really happy.

Frenden

Banned
I am confused - what are you talking about?

I realize you're asking if you should hold onto those mystery faction packages that are rewarded upon leveling up, in hopes that they will contain new expansion gear next week, but what do you mean about swapping faction gear before ranking up in vanguard?

I saw I was a few points away from ranking up in Vanguard and switched to faction gear to avoid ranking up. I want to rank up next week to maximize my chances at getting new legendary gear with higher levels.

gdt

I'll probably be looking to hard raid tonight when I get home from work. Lvl 30 hunter...

Just throwing it out there if a team is getting together around 10:00 est

Raid has never blessed me with Corrective Measure. I have a Void Swarm with Crowd Control and Field Scout, but the minotaurs keep on blinking until they're within melee range and one-shot you.

Even as a sunbro, I can't take them down because I revive and then we trade kills. Might have to actually do it a group for once.

*Shudders*

That's right I forgot about lightswitch. Good thing about corrective measure is that it has 100 rounds and a high rate of fire with decent impact. I usually stop them in their tracks before they get to me. I will try to solo my last alt tonight and see if it works. Lightswitch does make things interesting though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom