• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

I saw I was a few points away from ranking up in Vanguard and switched to faction gear to avoid ranking up. I want to rank up next week to maximize my chances at getting new legendary gear with higher levels.

Personally I doubt that the new DLC gear would simply drop from a vanguard package. I envision a new vendor (Eris, right?) but who really knows I guess.

Coconut

Banned
Oh man, every time I have a spare moment at work I check the thread and try to catch up but it's moving too fast! This thread, this game!

New patch is fantastic but I was one of the few that didn't mind farming for planetary materials. I just grabbed them every time I did one of the *complete 6 patrols on "X"* missions and it seemed like I always had enough to do the upgrades that I needed to do.

What slows me down is Ascendant energies. I have all of these guns to upgrade but never enough energies. I would love an economy whereby you could trade marks/glimmer/something for ascendant materials. Now that would make me really happy.

I would love for them to make a ascendent material trading post. because I have nearly 56 pieces of ascendent energy that I don't need but I've needed ass shards all game long.

Thanks to Steroyd and LordofPwn for some awesome Skirmish domination. I've practically maxed Crucible marks for the week and lost 1 time, haha.

Homeboyd

Xbone Crota's End (Blind) Crew

GAF Name (GT)
1. Homeboyd (Homeboyd903) - 30 | Titan
2. E92 (Trance Addix) - 30 | Hunter
3. giggletoe (Toejam2501) - 30 | Warlock

Date/Time TBD

My fears about the raid are coming true - level 30 players all grouping up in here to do it. Oh well, I have one more shot at the Titan chest piece to get him to 30.
Yeah, it sounds like it's really going to be necessary to be 30 which sucks b/c fuck RNG. Even makes VoG so much easier having all 30's right now... can't imagine being under-leveled for Crota with 57 wizards ass blasting you in the dark.

phen0m24

My fears about the raid are coming true - level 30 players all grouping up in here to do it. Oh well, I have one more shot at the Titan chest piece to get him to 30.
Dude there are many of us in the #forever29 club. Looks at scarletham....

Don't sweat it. The guys that did the recent flawless run? 4 30's and 2 29's.

29's represent

realcZk

Dropped the bloodpact shader three tiger strikes in a row.
It's...

That drops all the time for me. The worst part is that you cant dismantle shaders from the post master menu, you have to clear room to take it or the postmaster will keep bugging you about new mail :( Getting a crappy duplicate shader when your shader slots are full is like one of the most annoying things in the game right now.

29's represent

RNGesus has this last week to bless me with the required gear (helm or chest)

tumblr_m3ctxhQq7x1qg39m0o2_500.gif

Yeah no biggie, just really didn't expect the level to be 30 at start. Figured 28 or 29. I guess it depends on what is required to get the 30 gear, but still sucks to see raid groups of 30s already forming up.

After all your first time is always special.

I think it'll be like hard raids now, 30s preferred but 29s are cool as well. I know I'm trying it with at least one 29 if he doesn't get gear before the DLC. Everyone is starting from fresh, so a 29 that is skilled and figures things out quickly would be more valuable than the 30s that aren't particularly skilled.

Dave_6

29's represent

29 Hunter here. Need to raid a couple more times and I could/should be a 30 afterwards.

My Warlock is only a 24 though :/

I think it'll be like hard raids now, 30s preferred but 29s are cool as well. I know I'm trying it with at least one 29 if he doesn't get gear before the DLC. Everyone is starting from fresh, so a 29 that is skilled and figures things out quickly would be more valuable than the 30s that aren't particularly skilled.

I still think people are forgetting how big of an impact being able to res will be. It's a normal mode raid!

I still think people are forgetting how big of an impact being able to res will be. It's a normal mode raid!

Yeah, that too. I'd rather go in blind with 29s I've played with before than look for random 30s. It's going to be a good time. I think anyone that gets to 29 will be able to enjoy it.

Sabotage

GAF Name (GT)

Date/Time TBD

I can join if you'll have me... I'll be available Friday 12/12 (US cst)... Monday 12/15 too

Sabotage (GmanM1) - 30 | Titan

timnich

Man, what is up with PSN AGAIN?!? So sick of this shit. Anyone organizing a hard mode group and has figured out how to add people? Level 30 warlock here, psn is ptr19.

GAF Name (GT)

Date/Time TBD

Yeah, it sounds like it's really going to be necessary to be 30 which sucks b/c fuck RNG. Even makes VoG so much easier having all 30's right now... can't imagine being under-leveled for Crota with 57 wizards ass blasting you in the dark.

I'd be interested in this but I typically play after 10pm est on weekdays. So depending on time count me in. Level 30 Titan.

Gt is same as gaf.

soundpross

Neo Member
Need 3 more for hard raid PS4 we could use at least 2 30s
PSN ID
1. Soundpross
2. Spacejames
3. Kjoe012
4. Hzoltan69
5. noomi85

spyder_ur

Yeah you guys are all right I'm sure about level 29s being fine. Just didn't imagine it would be the case. First time the RNG system has ever really bothered me, put in a ton of hours, reached max level possible for me and still enter new content underleveled. Will work out fine though.

Maybe I should finally try a hard raid to prep myself for being below level.

KeRaSh

Well, I'm pretty sure Bungie will offer both the HoPF and Gjallarhorn to us on Friday. They gave us a week with Solar Burn in both weekly events which only means one thing. They want to please as many people as possible before the DLC comes out. :p

EL CUCO

I remember the first time I did the Nexus Nightfall (3rd week, I believe) I was a level 26 Hunter shitting my pants behind the little rocky hill to the right of the ledge, where you come down from. I hid there the WHOLE encounter just taking baby shots at Sekrion. The splash damage alone would feel like my world was coming to an end.

I can't count how many times we died and had to back out to rejoin. It must've took us an hour to finally kill him.

Good times.......

kidko

I'll probably be looking to hard raid tonight when I get home from work. Lvl 30 hunter...

Just throwing it out there if a team is getting together around 10:00 est

I would like to join if you'll take a hard-mode noob.

#forever29 Warlock
Max hawkmoon, VoC, Icebreaker

PSN kidklovius

LiK

Lvl 27 alt with a half upgraded Mythoclast destroys this week's NF. Gomma get that pocket Infinity easily this week.

Homeboyd

Updated

GAF Name (GT)
4. Sabotage (GmanM1) - 30 | Titan
5. Misterthirsty (Misterthirsty) - 30 | Titan

Date/Time TBD.

Edit: Mister, that might be too late for me. Not 100%. Blind run could take a while though.

Sabotage

Updated

GAF Name (GT)
4. Sabotage (GmanM1) - 30 | Titan
5. Misterthirsty (Misterthirsty) - 30 | Titan

Date/Time TBD.

Edit: Mister, that might be too late for me. Not 100%. Blind run could take a while though.

3 Titans (got Saint's Helm right?)... the Hive will be the only ones who are blind...

Shitballs I just noticed that the last bubble on my Exotic helmet needs Hadronic Essence. I thought I only needed 50 to get to the final branch on two pieces, 25 for the helm, and 25 for the boots. Turns out I need 75 now with this "new" progression BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom