• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiders

Completed the nightfall 3 times tonight. Got energy, a dead orbit shotgun and No Backup Plans.

Was a bit dissapointed, but then I got a legendary engram from tje cryptarch that contained Gjallarhorn!

SkylineRKR

I remember the first time I did the Nexus Nightfall (3rd week, I believe) I was a level 26 Hunter shitting my pants behind the little rocky hill to the right of the ledge, where you come down from. I hid there the WHOLE encounter just taking baby shots at Sekrion. The splash damage alone would feel like my world was coming to an end.

I can't count how many times we died and had to back out to rejoin. It must've took us an hour to finally kill him.

Good times.......

That was my first Nightfall. I had one friend who had Ice breaker (Xur didn't sell it yet), no one really knew it. We did the trick, shooting from the ledge while we would hold off the Minotaur spawns. Felt great when we did it, first Nightfall victory.

Completed the nightfall 3 times tonight. Got energy, a dead orbit shotgun and No Backup Plans.

Was a bit dissapointed, but then I got a legendary engram from tje cryptarch that contained Gjallarhorn!

everyones-getting-gjallarhorn.jpg

SharkJAW

I wish there was an emote that made my Guardian say "Pathetic..." so I could use it every time I played against someone who mained Invective/PI and sticky grenades.

SkylineRKR

Add me to the Gjallarhorn list of today. But I was happier with Monte Carlo tbh. It seems to be decent now and don't really need Horn (beat heroic countless times without it already). 2 exotics in one day has to be a record for me, and still have a Nightfall to go. I saw exotics dropping left and right anyway, is the rate increased or something?

Goddamit. My friend who has only done 4 raids in total with his last one being on hard just got a complete raid set.... Some people make me so salty

Messiek

Still need to open the raid chest with 2 characters ... so , there's still hope for my Gjallarhorn.
Any hard raid about to start ?

Add me to the Gjallarhorn list of today. But I was happier with Monte Carlo tbh. It seems to be decent now and don't really need Horn (beat heroic countless times without it already). 2 exotics in one day has to be a record for me, and still have a Nightfall to go. I saw exotics dropping left and right anyway, is the rate increased or something?

You know that's blasphemy around these parts right?

SkylineRKR

You know that's blasphemy around these parts right?

Its a weapon Xur will never sell (for a year anyway), and its buffed. Didn't feel that bad tbh. Nice rate of fire and a tad higher impact than Atheon's. Will probably max it after Vex and Horn because my clanmates want to, lol.

SonComet

This has been a great week for me glallarhorn, suros regime, fate bringer, and vision of confluence. I don't know what to say. Thank you RNGesus! I'm not sure how much the nerf affected suros, but I am happy to have one.

Its a weapon Xur will never sell (for a year anyway), and its buffed. Didn't feel that bad tbh. Nice rate of fire and a tad higher impact than Atheon's. Will probably max it after Vex and Horn because my clanmates want to, lol.

Yeah I have a Monte carlo and it definitely is a better weapon than it was a few days ago. It's a night and day difference for me.

And I totally get what you mean about exotics Xur won't sell. I have hawkmoon and Monte carlo and it feels nice to know you have something in the game that's rare. Kind of adds value to all the time you spend with the game I guess. I posted earlier about how I bought TLW from Xur but it still dropped for me after nightfall today. I kind of wish Xur had not sold it and I had gotten it as a reward. I don't know maybe I'm weird.

My North American Xbox One clan (Progenitor) is looking to recruit some more players for raiding in The Dark Below. We ran 2-3 Vault of Glass groups at our peak but as with many Destiny clans, some of our members have branched out into other games. Many will be coming back for The Dark Below, but I'd definitely like to add a few more players to ensure we can reliably run several raid groups week in and week out. We're pretty laid back and like to have fun and bust on each other while raiding. We generally start raids around 8:30 EST.

If you have any questions about Progenitor, our schedule or who we are, feel free to shoot me a PM on GAF or on Bungie.net. Here is a link to our clan page;

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Xbox/174077

blackflag

This game hates me. Completed hard raid # 26, 27, and 28 today...Still no Fatebringer. I will get this. Even if the expansion makes it useless. I'm determined now.

Sorry Boguester for that last raid. I was falling asleep....

ocean

Banned
Why are people waiting until Friday to do CE Raid blind? Are you going to turn off the internet until Friday?
Don't know about the rest but I've got some tests and projects due throughout the week so Friday is the first day I'll be able to sit down for a potentially very long session that commands my full attention.

Coconut

Banned
Yeah I have a Monte carlo and it definitely is a better weapon than it was a few days ago. It's a night and day difference for me.

And I totally get what you mean about exotics Xur won't sell. I have hawkmoon and Monte carlo and it feels nice to know you have something in the game that's rare. Kind of adds value to all the time you spend with the game I guess. I posted earlier about how I bought TLW from Xur but it still dropped for me after nightfall today. I kind of wish Xur had not sold it and I had gotten it as a reward. I don't know maybe I'm weird.

NO what you are saying is completely valid the only exotic drop I've received was like 200 hours later and by that time I had only bought stuff from Xur and it kinda cheapened the drop and the weaponsI received from Xur.

Iceman829

Updated

Xbone Crota's End (Blind) Crew

GAF Name (GT)
1. Homeboyd (Homeboyd903) - 30 | Titan
2. E92 (Trance Addix) - 30 | Hunter
3. giggletoe (Toejam2501) - 30 | Warlock
4. Sabotage (GmanM1) - 30 | Titan
5. Misterthirsty (Misterthirsty) - 30 | Titan

Date/Time TBD.

Edit: Mister, that might be too late for me. Not 100%. Blind run could take a while though.

If you need another 30 Hunter I play after 8:30pm EST. Tuesday and Wednesday I can really only play till 1/1:30. I took off on Friday, so if it's done on Thursday or Friday I have no issues with time. I understand if the timing doesn't work out. If you want to use me as an extra man that's also fine.

GT = Iceman829

P.S. misterthirsty loves to drop his titan bubble as you are about to shoot a rocket launcher

SkylineRKR

Rewards feel better for sure, got Suros out of a reward for example. Though its RNG, so you could say its nothing more than dirty luck. In theory you can spawn at Cosmodrome, kill the first dreg and get a legendary engram that contains Hawkmoon. Thats not really earning it but its a bit like that one day I went to the pub with my girl at the time, decided to throw 2 coins into a fruit machine and grabbed like 100 euros out of it. Feels better than getting it from a paycheck :)

nowai

Why are people waiting until Friday to do CE Raid blind? Are you going to turn off the internet until Friday?

It's work week and I know I won't be able to dedicate a large number of hours until the weekend.

This isn't going be a normal 30min hard mode VoG run.

ocean

Banned
Are there any good Fire element weapons I could purchase at the tower?
No primaries of course but Light/Beware is a fantastic Fusion Rifle. I'd easily go for that. Final Boss is a good Sniper I believe though I don't have it.

Edit: to be clear, there are two solar Primary weapons in the game but they're both Raid drops. Vision of Confluence and Vex Mythoclast.

R0ckman

Was there some kind of announcement I missed? I thought the Dark Below Raid was to be released sometime after the DLC was released and not immediately on the 9th... Are people just assuming or did bungie change their minds?

Was there some kind of announcement I missed? I thought the Dark Below Raid was to be released sometime after the DLC was released and not immediately on the 9th... Are people just assuming or did bungie change their minds?

Urk made a comment sometime after the press articles that said the current plan is a day 1 release of the raid.

I apparently have time to Raid tonight assuming it doesn't start too late.

X1 / Guitaratomik / 29 Warlock / Hard preferably but I could do normal

Omni

After 11 raids on my Warlock and not getting full raid gear, I've realised how lucky I was to reach 30 so quickly on my Titan.

So I'm making another Titan. Strangely enough I already have the raid gear to make him a level 30 too. Figure if the new raid is anything like the old one, it'll take multiple runs to get my main to level 32.

and now the story grinding to get to level 20 begins again

Mindlog

Going to be taking a look at all my weapons to begin loading out for Crota.
Will carry every VoG weapon except the Timepiece.
Also
Primaries: Thorn, Hard Light, Bad Juju (maybe)
Secondaries: Final Rest II (Arc), Pocket Infinity, Patience and Time, Icebreaker
Heavies: Truth, Gjallarhorn, Jolder's Hammer
No problem. What's your PSN ID?
Same as GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom