• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard templar really isn't. the guy with the best intellect holds the shield and bashes harpies so his super comes back quickly. people with oracle killing weapons are distributed on both sides. 2 people stay on the narrow side (left conflux) and 4 stay on the wide side (right conflux), where the relic guy is supposed to be. only a few people need to worry about the oracles; the rest should be killing harpies so they don't hit people in the back or stop the relic blast. templar's location should be called out immediately and the relic guy should let people know when he's firing so they can position themselves and stay on the ground for the detain field.

i saw a diagram of this strategy literally the week the raid came out and i thought it was stupid because at the time it made more sense to pile everyone up in a bubble somewhere and cleanse with the relic instead of worry about oracles. it's a very agile fight, but doable if people are equipped properly.

Heel

My friend's Nightfall loot:
Hawkmoon
Gjallarhorn
Mask of the Third Man

Yeah, she's rubbing her exotic loot in my face since I got crappy Nightfall rewards today.

Super Pox VLO
Venation III
Legendary engram

Txbnf7t.jpg

If you want to quickly run the Nightfall a couple of times join me. I've already done it once today but didn't get much worthwhile. It's a total cakewalk.

PSN: MiniMe637

I'm listening to a podcast so I won't be chatting, but that should be fine.

None of these dudes on destinylfg.net are showing up on PSN.

Anyone hopefully already on my friends list wanna do the nightfall and 28 weekly?

PSN: TheLamonster

2 Hard Raids completed today. . no chest. How is this possible I have been doing 3 Hard raids a week for 4+ weeks now. .

I have 1 character left for hard raid and I'm on the templar checkpoint which mean only the gatekeeper can drop me chest for this week. . god RNG why.

GRIP

Got Truth from one of my nightfall runs. Not sure if I'll have any use for it as I already have a maxed out void Unfriendly Giant, but it's nice to finally have an exotic heavy weapon. Glad I didn't buy it when Xur was selling it.

hydruxo

Got Truth from one of my nightfall runs. Not sure if I'll have any use for it as I already have a maxed out void Unfriendly Giant, but it's nice to finally have an exotic heavy weapon. Glad I didn't buy it when Xur was selling it.

The tracking on Truth is insane. Way better than the normal tracking on legendary RLs. I killed a guy in PVP last night who tried to jump in the air and the rocket literally did a 90 degree turn up in the air and got him.

SnakeEyes

Banned
hard templar really isn't. the guy with the best intellect holds the shield and bashes harpies so his super comes back quickly. people with oracle killing weapons are distributed on both sides. 2 people stay on the narrow side (left conflux) and 4 stay on the wide side (right conflux), where the relic guy is supposed to be. only a few people need to worry about the oracles; the rest should be killing harpies so they don't hit people in the back or stop the relic blast. templar's location should be called out immediately and the relic guy should let people know when he's firing so they can position themselves and stay on the ground for the detain field.

i saw a diagram of this strategy literally the week the raid came out and i thought it was stupid because at the time it made more sense to pile everyone up in a bubble somewhere and cleanse with the relic instead of worry about oracles. it's a very agile fight, but doable if people are equipped properly.
Except for that shitty run we had last night, right? The fucking Detain bubbles and the Templar shield dropping were all out of sync.

Except for that shitty run we had last night, right? The fucking Detain bubbles and the Templar shield dropping were all out of sync.

yea that was really annoying. i didn't expect us to take him out smoothly on the first go, but those bugs made the fight unnecessarily long.

CornDogg

First full hard raid completion, minus a disconnect just before finishing oracles. Finally got the Time Breaker and more raid gear (helm + boots). Already have raid gloves (and Sunbreakers), so just need the raid chest, or use my exotic slot, to finally hit 30!

Only have Voidfang Vestments, though. Need that Praxic Fire!

I had two level 30 Titans and a 28 hunter but after deleting and making a Warlock class(Sunsinger) I don't want to go back to my Titan again. The Warlock is good in every single game type. Can't get him to level 30 before the DLC next week though. Already ran the raid this week and I'm stuck on 29 smh

Lima

Think I'm gonna pick up like 10 exotic shards this Friday from Xur. I mean there is nothing better to do for me even though I have all exotics maxed right now you never know if RNGesus blesses me with all dem new exotics in like the first week of the DLC.

SnakeEyes

Banned
yea that was really annoying. i didn't expect us to take him out smoothly on the first go, but those bugs made the fight unnecessarily long.
When your final boss fight goes smoother than your mid-level boss fight, you know that something's not right :)

Shoutout to the PSN friends that let me join them randomly when they are doing nightfall and the weekly. Randomly joined someone literally 2 seconds before they killed Nexus. I will always be down for returning the favor.

Got room for 4 more at hard templar.
PSN CamoKid42

PSN: Darryl_M_R, level 29 hunter. I completed the hard raid twice today on my other hunter characters

kidko

Two normal raids done. First gave me nothing but shards/energy.
Second gave me the boots. So now i finally have a full raid set. As soon as i have the boots fully upgraded i'm sharding the IB boots.

Thought I heard the ib boots don't give shards

shem935

Banned
Shoutout to the PSN friends that let me join them randomly when they are doing nightfall and the weekly. Randomly joined someone literally 2 seconds before they killed Nexus. I will always be down for returning the favor.

No problem man! We were going to do nightfall weekly combo again 2 more times so if you need it you could join up. Just switching characters now.

No problem man! We were going to do nightfall weekly combo again 2 more times so if you need it you could join up. Just switching characters now.

Thanks so much! I'm trying to jump into a raid group right now but I will try joining in and helping along the way before I hopefully get pulled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom