• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept getting dominated by Suros in IB and I just got it via Nightfall today.

2 Nightfalls, 1 Suros that I skipped from Xur and a leg scout that's my favorite (A1.cbjdjfke).

overall, a pretty dang good RNG day for Destiny. And I LOVE buying upgrade mats via marks. Soooo great to be like oh I need to upgrade this gun still, I need X spin metal crap... Hello quartermaster! But wish it was still 25 or 30 per 10 marks

Played the raid yesterday with my buds, and now that the cheese is over, i finally remember how the templar can be a real asshole, man, what a pita that encounter is sometimes, and the worst part is that my titan remains without a single piece of armor, just shards and energies so far (we had to stop at the gorgon´s maze).

Anyway, did my 3 weekly + nightfall, my haul, bunch of blue engrams plus one legendary that turned into a void Unfriendly Giant that i´ll keep because i lack legendary missile launchers (3 shells in the tube and last round kill speeds reload iirc), Helm Of Inmost Light (didn´t have this one, i don´t need it but hey), Red Hand IX (one more H.C. added to my collection, aiming increases effective range + last round deals extra damage, last perk is ass, but whatever, looks cool), and one awesome awesome shotgun, Hide and Seek 42 (Dead Orbit, solar, full auto fire + luck in the chamber, small clip, just 4 shots, but that makes luck in the chamber awesome, good reload too), not bad at all, and in any case, way way better than the last weeks of nothing.

Spiders

How is everyone getting Gjallarhorns??? Not fair. Totally not fair. I should start a Timebreaker sparrow taxi service for guardians at a reasonable price.

I've seen 3 guys in my raid group get it from the chest in the Gorgon's Maze before I finally got my own from a legendary engram.

You'll get one eventually.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
So, what makes the Ballehorn so good if you compare that for example to Truth? Does it just have higher impact or what? Everybody is talking about it, but no one really specifies what is what makes it so godly weapon over every other heavy weapon.

I kept getting dominated by Suros in IB and I just got it via Nightfall today.

2 Nightfalls, 1 Suros that I skipped from Xur and a leg scout that's my favorite (A1.cbjdjfke).

overall, a pretty dang good RNG day for Destiny. And I LOVE buying upgrade mats via marks. Soooo great to be like oh I need to upgrade this gun still, I need X spin metal crap... Hello quartermaster! But wish it was still 25 or 30 per 10 marks
Let's not get crazy now.

To all the lucky new Gjallarhorn owners:

"The Gjallarhorn shoulder-mounted rocket system was designed and personally crafted by Feizel Crux as a gift to the Guardians who fought the Battle of the Twilight Gap. Forged from the armor of the thousands who fell, to wield Gjallarhorn is to wield honor against any attempt at our extermination."

:-( I want one. GIMME!!!

Manp

so last week was the very first time i've ever got an exotic from the nightfall, it was the mida which i got 2 days earlier from Xur.

this week is the second time i've ever got an exotic from the nightfall... i got the crest of alpha lupi for titan which is the very same exotic i had equipped while beating the nightfall.

at least i got an exotic thingie out of it

So, what makes the Ballehorn so good if you compare that for example to Truth? Does it just have higher impact or what? Everybody is talking about it, but no one really specifies what is what makes it so godly weapon over every other heavy weapon.

What makes Gjallarhorn good? the Wolfpack Rounds, the tracking and velocity on Truth are better (javelin + Grenades and Horseshoes + Prototype Trueseeker is a godly combo) and i would use Truth over Gjallarhorn for example on pvp, but the Wolfpack rounds are the real deal, those things do a lot of damage and track enemies too, so you have a missile that tracks targets, does a lot of damage on impact, and when it explodes, it releases small missiles that track targets and those do a lot of damage too.

Gjallarhorn breaks the pve in the same way Ice Breaker does.

OK, DestinyGAF evaluation required.

Me: [PSN id: j0hnny_385] @ DestinyDB profile: http://bit.ly/1ygKJsH

My friend: [PSN id: ShumiVK] @ DestinyDB profile: http://bit.ly/1w1CHIQ

Are we ready for VoG Normal?

I got this sweet legendary rifle couple of days ago and I'm sweeping Tiger Strikes easily.
It does good damage (~800-1000 precision damage to most lvl 24 enemies).

Friend is worried he ain't ready because of the shitty primary weapon (he's desperately trying to get a new one).

Steroyd

Wolfpack rounds, the initial rocket splits into tiny other tiny rockets which are all homing, you will always visibly see a strike boss or Atheon health drop just from firing one rocket and with the right gear, yiu will have 6 more to fire afterwards, all enemies just straight up melt in this weeks Solar burn, it was a hilarious roflstomp in the weeklies.

Truth has agressive tracking, but once it explodes, it explodes.

vctor182

Completed nightfall and weekly strike in less than 30 minutes. I remember the suffering just to finish the lowest lvl weekly and the impossible nightfall... Got Young Ahamkara's Spine which turned into a exotic shard for my alpha lupi chest and a void unfriendly giant from a legendary engram.

I got this sweet legendary rifle couple of days ago and I'm sweeping Tiger Strikes easily.

Friend is worried he ain't ready because of the shitty primary weapon (he's desperately trying to get a new one).
Depends on the team youre with. IMO its can work, might be a tad bit rough near the end since the enemies are level 28 ( I think?). Personally try to hit level 27 or level 28 without using any ass shards and max out your weapons. You guys would want a sniper rifle, IMO, and a Void Heavy.

Edit: you guys should sign up for hawkian's newbie raid.

Jinjo

I'm gonna want the new titan Ruin Wings exotic so bad when the DLC hits. Those heavy weapon ammo drops sure sound tasty for a Ballarhorn. Or Sharknado for that matter.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
WOLFPACK ROUNDS

Your Friend is dying for an Exotic Helm from Xur, does he have the coins/motes to try if there's a helmet engram?

You'll want some void weaponry if you can get your hands on it. But generally speaking, in a group that knows what it's doing you'll be just fine.

Depends on the team youre with. IMO its can work, might be a tad bit rough near the end since the enemies are level 28 ( I think?). Personally try to hit level 27 or level 28 without using any ass shards and max out your weapons. You guys would want a sniper rifle, IMO, and a Void Heavy.

Edit: you guys should sign up for hawkian's newbie raid.

WOLFPACK ROUNDS

Your Friend is dying for an Exotic Helm from Xur, does he have the coins/motes to try if there's a helmet engram?

You'll want some void weaponry if you can get your hands on it. But generally speaking, in a group that knows what it's doing you'll be just fine.

Thanks to both.
I guess we'll try to buff up a bit more before going in.

P.S. Any EU GAF interested folks, add us to PSN. Mostly doing Tiger Strikes now, getting dem Marks & preparing for VoG.
Chillout mood, english voice chat on. :) Let's hang out.

It's cluster bombs track and are capable of hitting thing that you initially targeted if there isn't anything else close by. It does a couple rockets worth of damage (or maybe more?) per shot. Given that, it's unsurprising that it's a boss melter.

soundpross

Neo Member
damn pretty crappy week for me again

Warlock - Hard raid (2 helm 2 chest) Nightfall (legendary)
Titan - Hard Raid (shotgun, ship,) Nightfall (9 strange coins)
Hunter - Nightfall (legendary)

one person i raided with got ballerhorn and another from nightfall got thunderlord

Rixa

Same shit luck in Nightfall continues. Got again legendary machine gun (got one last weeks NF too, sharded it). Last week it was The Swarm (I already got better version of it).

Now I got arc damage The Culling (perks Rodeo and Feeding Frenzy). Dunno what to do with this. I got Zombie A (arc damage)...
My NF:s sofar
1. Venation III
2. 10 Strange coins (ok now they are actually semi good)
3. The Swarm (solar with shitty perks)
4. The Culling

-
Cryptarch level 27 gave me yesterday 3 blue engrams
-> 3 blue junk items.

First Van Guard postmaster packet after this weeks tune.
VGpostmasterpacket.PNG

Oh yeah, was nice to make HM Templar normal way, not so easy :D, but we managed it, Atheon was easier than Templar. ~2h went to whole HM raid (6x 30 level).

SkylineRKR

Normally its slightly weaker than Truth, and only fires 2. But its wolfpack rounds perk quadruples the DPS. After impact, those rounds will agressively seek their targets for about 10% of initial blast damage each.

I do prefer Truth though, with Javelin and the best lock on in the game its just a blast to hit people across the map. The 3 rockets buff makes it Exotic worthy I think.

gatti-man

Ran all my nightfalls and weeklies today. Nothing but shards blues and ......... gjallerhorn. So im good. Last exotic i really wanted. Now to level it up in time for the raid.

Damn I just realized I can gamble on exotic engrams and not be pissed off if I get something I don't want. Thank you Bungie.

This upcoming xur day is going to be some incredible shit.

Helm of Saint 14
Heart of Praxic Fire
Knucklehead Radar
Gjallarhorn

Bollocks

I swear I have the worst luck ever.
Been playing since launch and NOT ONCE have I gotten an exotic weapon as a reward.
All my exotic weapons are from Xûr and Bad Juju from a bounty

why do I even get exited anymore about Tuesdays
fml

e: guess what level'd the cryptarch to 34 yesterday, what do I get after the patch? 2 blue engrams, of course...

Midas

Damn I just realized I can gamble on exotic engrams and not be pissed off if I get something I don't want. Thank you Bungie.

Helm of Saint 14
Heart of Praxic Fire
Knucklehead Radar
Gjallarhorn

That's true. I'll wait for next week though. 205 motes to spend, which might give me new exotics from the expansion.

Helm of Saint 14
Heart of Praxic Fire
Knucklehead Radar
Gjallarhorn

I've got the feeling that he'll have a heavy. Thunderlord hasn't appeared though so it could be that

and I saw the effect for the new exotic launcher with the dragon/shark on it. It drops a solar grenade on detonation. Same animation too. Lame as fuck

k1t4j

Hmm nope. I will always be Gjallarhornless and Hawkmoonless.

And me Gjallarhornless and Ice Breakless :(

I was so mad I got 9 coins for my nightfall I sharded Hard Light, MIDA & Invective out of freaking spite for this game RNG

EDIT: Because it keeps giving me shit

I've got the feeling that he'll have a heavy. Thunderlord hasn't appeared though so it could be that

and I saw the effect for the new exotic launcher with the dragon/shark on it. It drops a solar grenade on detonation. Same animation too. Lame as fuck

I hope its the last word again :)

I need it as I missed it last time.

yeah I agree, they should have had a different animation for it, kind of lazy from bungie.

Rainmaker

Banned
Really wanted to hit level 30 before the DLC but the raid refuses to give me the Titan leg armor. The only type of armor there is no exotic for. Four normal raids in a row of nothing but ascendant materials and chatterwhite. I did get the helm on the hard raid last week at least. Gjallahorn and the leg armor is really all I've been aiming for as my goals before the DLC but no luck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom