• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kydd BlaZe

Still. No. Vex. Mythoclast.

This has to be like my 15th hard raid...fuck I've lost count. This goddamn gun just won't drop for me. I don't get it :(

I shall do it 100 more times until I get that damn Mythoclast.

It annoys me that that's the only thing missing from that raid.

Preach!

Bungie should really implement a trading system, because the guy that has run it 3 times and gotten it twice doesn't deserve it any more than the person who has run it 15+ times and still doesn't have it...

Preach!

Bungie should really implement a trading system, because the guy that has run it 3 times and gotten it twice doesn't deserve it any more than the person who has run it 15+ times and still doesn't have it...
The trading system would be very nice, but pretty sure it will "break" the game.

Zakalwe

Banned
Preach!

Token system would fix it.

1 token per full completion.
x tokens per raid armour.
Keep random drops.

Would also entice players to run the entire raid instead of checkpoints.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Super Good Advice is the bomb on detain shields and oracles. Bullets don't register as hits so you can solo oracles in a portal while almost all of your bullets are returned to SGA. Helps a shit ton when you got 29's in the Venus portal, relic holder and other guy can take down Preatorian while SGA melts oracles.
WHAT? That's awesome.

This has to be like my 15th hard raid...fuck I've lost count. This goddamn gun just won't drop for me. I don't get it :(

What pisses me off is that I just did the Hard Raid twice with the same group.

Both times the SAME GUY got the Vex.

Do you have any idea how infuriating that is?

Token system would fix it.

1 token per full completion.
x tokens per raid armour.
Keep random drops.

Would also entice players to run the entire raid instead of checkpoints.

I remember seeing something on destinydb which was a vex blueprint exotic item. I think the flavor text elluded to it being for the mythoclast. Would be tokenish.

Shouldn't HM Atheon always give 4 rewards if you don't do normal before?

I complete a full HM raid yesterday, but Atheon only gave me Timebreaker and shards. I thought it was always 2 cosmetics and 2 rewards.

Shito

"break" the game????

How would it break the game?

That argument makes no sense to me.
The trade system would make it so the exotics and legendaries would have to be even more rare. As it is now, everybody would have access to every item veeery easily.
There's a reason why the rarest items in a MMORPG are soulbound... :)

Fistwell

The trade system would make it so the exotics and legendaries would have to be even more rare. As it is now, everybody would have access to every item veeery easily.
There's a reason why the rarest items in a MMORPG are soulbound... :)
Maybe something like in D3, where you can gift stuff to people that were with you when it dropped or something like that... they'd still probably keep exotics account-bound, but it would have alleviated the 1-more-raid-gear marathon to 30 problem, where some get all they need in 3 raids, some are #Forever29 after dozens and dozens of completed raids.

My GJALLARHORN is broke, was hoping it was a known bug but didn't see it in the exotic update and haven't heard anyone else mention it.

My wolfpack rounds are faulty, they don't always deploy.
And when I say not always, it feels as bad as 50% of the time.

It goes from one shotting a Minotaur with wolfpack, to leaving it with about 1/4 health without.

Shito

Maybe something like in D3, where you can gift stuff to people that were with you when it dropped or something like that... they'd still probably keep exotics account-bound, but it would have alleviated the 1-more-raid-gear marathon to 30 problem, where some get all they need in 3 raids, some are #Forever29 after dozens and dozens of completed raids.
Didn't know there was such a system in place in D3. Did it come with a patch, or was it there from the beginning? Only played it at launch, the infamous "auction house" version... ^^
But yeah, I suppose something like that could work. Make a little trade window at the end of a raid or a nightfall... Heck, they could use the bugged timer at the end of the raid for this. ^^ Make people trade their shit, and leave when they're done.

Fistwell

Didn't know there was such a system in place in D3. Did it come with a patch, or was it there from the beginning? Only played it at launch, the infamous "auction house" version... ^^
But yeah, I suppose something like that could work. Make a little trade window at the end of a raid or a nightfall... Heck, they could use the bugged timer at the end of the raid for this. ^^ Make people trade their shit, and leave when they're done.
That was patched in late, I wanna say around loot2.0 time? I'm fuzzy on the details, but I think that was the gist of it. Requiring the recipient be present when the loot drops would help limit spread and also help in trying to make it so that people "deserved it," kinda.

Shouldn't HM Atheon always give 4 rewards if you don't do normal before?

I complete a full HM raid yesterday, but Atheon only gave me Timebreaker and shards. I thought it was always 2 cosmetics and 2 rewards.

Good point! I also only got 2 rewards and the 1 exotic which is normally outside of the loot table anyway. Might try go through on normal to check.

orbabsorb

Neo Member
This happens with most mmo games. Maybe one day destiny will come out of the mmo closet.
Unless they make a higher level version of vog or make it drop new gear nobody will run it except for ppl who are crusty that they still don't have a vex... Like me.

Or Fatebringer ...

I'll exchange my Vex with a Fatebringer in a heartbeat.

amar212

Has anybody asked the following questions regarding post-expansion things:

1. Will there be two Raids available every Tuesday?

2. Will the new Strikes be included in Weekly Nightfall/Weekly Strike playlists or what?

3. Will the new MP maps matchmake on separate playlists?

4. What will happen with the vault?

Midas

Has anybody asked the following questions regarding post-expansion things:

2. Will the new Strikes be included in Weekly Nightfall/Weekly Strike playlists or what?

We'll probably get some info on that when Gameinformer have more info to share. They said they would, so probably quite soon, it's already Wednesday.

Check out the video here right now, and then come back next week for more in-depth details on Destiny’s future. We recently visited Bungie, got our hands on the full expansion, and quizzed the developers on some of our biggest Destiny questions. And we'll share more about what we saw in the week leading up to the expansion's launch on December 9th.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...st-look-bungie-introduces-the-dark-below.aspx

Rixa

Templar on Hard Mode is fucking impossible.

Got Gjallarhorn from a legendary engram today o_0 . First one.

I think Xur is going to sell it this Friday.

Is it me or has the game been super generous? Since the patch I've gotten TLW, ice breaker, Gjallarhorn, a legendary FWC fusion rifle and a legendary FWC rocket launcher. Also finally got the timepiece which completes my raid weapon collection plus two Hezen vengeances, a foil and a revenge sniper. I haven't had this many weapons drop for me ever

I forgot I also got a monte Carlo today

How is everyone getting Gjallarhorns??? Not fair. Totally not fair. I should start a Timebreaker sparrow taxi service for guardians at a reasonable price.
Dunno, havent got one. My only Exotic drop is VM

I got 1 VM, would like to have I C U Break Em or Gjallababy.

Everyone of my 4 NF been crappy ones (only 1 char running NF).
-> Venation III, 10 coins, 2x crappy legendary machine gun.

Raid luck has been much better:

2x NM ja 2X HM VoG raid done, rewards sofar.

Guns:
2x Atheon's Epiloque (NM)
1x Praedyth's Revenge (NM)
1x Praetorian Foil (HM)
1x Vex Mythoclast (HM)

Armours
2x Raid helmet (HM)
2x Raid checst (HM)
2x Raid boots (NM & HM)
1x Raid gloves (HM)

Other thingies
2x Chatterwhite shader (NM)
2x Aspect of Glass ship (HM)
1x Fragment of the Prime (legendary Bond) (HM)

Energy & Shards

Yesterdays HM Atheon netted me same prizes as week earlier one (except VM)
Raid Helmet, AoG ship, shards. Only new thing from yesterdays raid was Praetorian Foil & FotP warlock bond.

Played HM raid with 313 attack VM as main weapon, got also maxed Atheon's Epiloque but didnt touch to it. VM ammo was not a problem in raid, that was nice surprise.

We had 6x30 level team. Templar took ~40 minutes before we figured best way to do it (we dont have titans). Everyone of us was in the right side of Templar and relic holder break those nearest relics and everyone helped relicholder to kill Harpies.
We had only 1 Gjallababy 4 Ice Breakers.

Praedyth's Revenge (maxed 300 dam) did ~7.2k crit dam to HM Atheon
VM (att. 313) did ~1.25k crit dam per shot to HM Atheon.

Fistwell

I know nothing, but,

1. I would certainly hope so!

2. Hoping against all odds that they offer additional regular strikes, weekly and NF playlists, as in extra playlist available to those who have the DLC and that include DLC content. Unlikely though, given their treatment of the psions' strike. I'm still hoping because it'd make sense for them as an additional selling point for the DLC.

3. hoping for the former, fearing the latter.

4. Probably fuck-all.

Good point! I also only got 2 rewards and the 1 exotic which is normally outside of the loot table anyway. Might try go through on normal to check.

Now that you mention it Atheon reward's where meager...

By the way Mandrake, if you are doing a raid this afternoon count me in, I still have to run through the raid with my titan and hunter.

IrishMick

Neo Member
Any tips for getting help off bungie?
My email went nowhere and my forum post has dropped off the face of the earth, wondering if I will get help.
Want to get this sorted before the dlc.

Out 1

Trying to decide which scout rifle to keep. With VoC and MIDA in my arsenal, I might never use any of these rifles.

The Calling (FWC) with Mulligan + Fitted Stock/Field Scout + Firefly
Crusader I (NM) with Mulligan + Send It/Field Scout + Third Eye
Proxima Centauri II with Take a Knee + Snapshot/Fitted Stock + Third Eye
Stock A.1F

Crusader I is leveled up to second damage upgrade and, with the insane range and radar, it is quite good in Crucible.

Zakalwe

Banned
Has anyone noticed that the additional ammo perks aren't working on armor?

Apparently they weren't ever supposed to stack. This was fixed in a previous update.

Any tips for getting help off bungie?
My email went nowhere and my forum post has dropped off the face of the earth, wondering if I will get help.
Want to get this sorted before the dlc.

Do they have a direct support or does it just redirect you to the forums?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got two extra Invectives and had another Midi dropped in crucible. Wish they were something else.

I'm going to be home today so I can join any hard raids if there are going to be any.

Looking to run my level 29 Titan through the hard raid. On PS4. Have Oracle checkpoint.

1. Unknown837 (me)
2. auto_aim1

Quote and add your name if interested.

Looking to run my level 29 Titan through the hard raid. On PS4. Have Oracle checkpoint.

1. Unknown837 (me)
2. auto_aim1
3. PewPewPewBow (30 sunsinger)

Quote and add your name if interested.

I'm interested. PewPewPewBow.
Edit: Is PSN working again? Yesterday it was impossible to search for and add other players.

Guys,

I have a feeling that the loot for normal raid no longer drops by doing hard raid. Can anyone confirm please?

I am at work currently but will also check when I can.

People selling gear for real monies. No need to raid or do content to receive gear. I'm sure there are some other valid reasons.

They could implement a more restricted trading system.

For example, you could only give/trade a weapon or gear with the fireteam members during the missions or in orbit after the mission is complete, but before leaving the fireteam.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So apparently the Midi I got dropped from the crucible, instead of having two of them, it completely replaced the one I already had. And because of that I ended up with only one and the previous which had near max stats was overridden. WTH. That's BS. Must be a glitch.

Temidien

Neo Member
Ran Nightfall twice last night, only picked up a couple no-name legendaries. Oh well, atleast the burn in combination with VoC, Vex, and IB made them quick runs.

In other news, Sword of Crota was a pleasant surprise to stumble on while knocking out a Cosmodrone bounty. Wish Bungie would put in more random stuff like that to encourage Patrol runs now that planetary mats can be purchased.

For the love of RNGesus, Bungie, please bump the "Complete 6 Patrol Missions" reward from 2500 XP to 5000 XP. These are great for completing while filling out other bounties, but on days where there's little to no synergy, they are just not worth investing the time in.

Hyun Sai

For the love of RNGesus, Bungie, please bump the "Complete 6 Patrol Missions" reward from 2500 XP to 5000 XP. These are great for completing while filling out other bounties, but on days where there's little to no synergy, they are just not worth investing the time in.

Yeah, the Valus Taarc and Achon priest being at 2500Xp is serious bullshit too. I only do them when there is a "Complete strike without dying" with them.

GlamFM

Banned
Trying to decide which scout rifle to keep. With VoC and MIDA in my arsenal, I might never use any of these rifles.

The Calling (FWC) with Mulligan + Fitted Stock/Field Scout + Firefly
Crusader I (NM) with Mulligan + Send It/Field Scout + Third Eye
Proxima Centauri II with Take a Knee + Snapshot/Fitted Stock + Third Eye
Stock A.1F

Crusader I is leveled up to second damage upgrade and, with the insane range and radar, it is quite good in Crucible.

I´d keep the A.1F. Because it looks cool, and makes bad guys explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom