• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Oracles/Templar/GK I recall getting two legendary drops (armor/shards or armor/weapon), but on Atheon I only got Timebreaker and 3 ascendant shards, which is the worst drop I've had from him by far. In contrast my first hard Atheon clear (with normal already completed iirc) yielded Timebreaker, Vex and Helmet.

I'm guessing it's 1 loot roll·boss^-1·difficulty^-1 with ships and such separate? If so, something's wrong with Atheon drops.

If you didnt play normal before starting hard mode, there should be 4 loot rolls on Atheon I believe, which would mean something is messed up.

Midas

I've been feeling like the loot isn't piling up correctly for only doing hard. Seems like for Atheon especially I just get normal loot and the other bosses give me two of the same thing.

I got the vex, hunter gauntlets, a timebreaker and some shards yesterday from Atheon. So it seems to be working for me, at least.

If you didnt play normal before starting hard mode, there should be 4 loot rolls on Atheon I believe, which would mean something is messed up.
This has never been the case for me. The first time I cheesed Atheon, right before the first time they patched it, I got the timebreaker and the helmet. I've beat him four times legitimately and I've rarely gotten four items from him. This time with a timebreaker and two helms was just icing on the cake.

patchday

People been saying forever in the thread that rare weapons (not really hard to level) were all you needed to be competitive in the crucible, what changed ?

They are right. With a Level 10 I was winning Rumble in Crucible. Okay that is all true.

However, to really feel on an even plane with everyone you will 'eventually' want to unlock all the 'perks' on your weapons. This requires you to make farming runs to gather the spinmetal and crap.

Now the patch has fixed that. Cool. The worst aspect of the game has finally been fixed. It saddens me I think the only reason they are placating us is because the DLC is looming. Should have fixed that farming crap way sooner.

Bioware (Mass Efect 3 multiplayer) really spolied the crap out of me I guess. we got weekly (or was it biweekly) balance patches. Granted, most of their changes were pretty bad too me until the end but at least they tried

So the non-cheese Templar fight definitely takes longer, but it was a lot of fun. We ran Hard and had 3x 30s and 3x 29s, so we hit the enrage timer and there were minotaurs like woah for the last 30 seconds, but man, such a sense of accomplishment at pulling it off. I like it.

For those interested in methods, we just hung on the right hand side near the cave spawn. It's quite safe, just slow compared to teleport blocking. You don't get the 5th chest, but honestly, who needs 2 more ascendant mats these days. Pro-tip, have everyone spec their sub-classes to drop as many orbs as possible, that way the relic holder can knock the shields down as often as possible.

k1t4j

Shouldn't HM Atheon always give 4 rewards if you don't do normal before?

I complete a full HM raid yesterday, but Atheon only gave me Timebreaker and shards. I thought it was always 2 cosmetics and 2 rewards.

Fuck me now that ou mention, at oracles/templar/Atheon I onl seemed to have got 3 drops (shards/weapon/cosmetic item) each when the first time I did hard I was getting everything duplicate and atheon was a loot fest with at least one exotic

hmmmm..........

Good point! I also only got 2 rewards and the 1 exotic which is normally outside of the loot table anyway. Might try go through on normal to check.

Now that you mention it Atheon reward's where meager...

By the way Mandrake, if you are doing a raid this afternoon count me in, I still have to run through the raid with my titan and hunter.

Guys,

I have a feeling that the loot for normal raid no longer drops by doing hard raid. Can anyone confirm please?

I am at work currently but will also check when I can.

So I wasn't the only one, but now I'm worried. According to bungie.net I looted all 4 drops both normal and hard on my main already, so I don't think running normal will net us anything.

If this is an additional fuck up on their part...

Yeah loot drop is fucked I haven't gotten a single hard drop for a hard raid on any of my characters, mostly shards/energy, VOC twice, crappy shotgun, machine gun speeder and ship.

And fucking chatterwhite.

Nah, that's working as intended.

I'd never play a game like that. Seems horrible and hate the concept of sharing loot. Don't know how you did it.

Had no concept of anything different at the time! And the allure of maybe being the one to get the loot... :)

It was a very fun game, but looking back on it, the raiding was a massive time-sink.

Everyone keeps mentioning getting 3 characters to 30 and I'm struggling with my single character. All my gear goes up to level 30, but it's so freaking hard to get ass shards.

How do you guys get so many??

Midas

Everyone keeps mentioning getting 3 characters to 30 and I'm struggling with my single character. All my gear goes up to level 30, but it's so freaking hard to get ass shards.

Raid, daily, weekly and nightfall with multiple characters give you that. I have 168 shards and 138 energies. I know lots of people have even more. Also 202 motes and 221 coints.

patchday

The raid grants a ton. I am sitting on at least 70 ascendant shards. And I never do any other PvE but that, 1-2 nightfalls, etc.

I have all 3 slots but 2 slots goes to my Titans (1 male human & 1 female alien) + 1 Hunter. All were L29 before IB. Now all have the gear to be 30. when I become active again I just need to grind out the XP. anyway.... Just saying I did raid 3 times a week.

EL CUCO

Well, from what we've always been told it's supposed to be 1 normal and 1 hard roll. Lately, I haven't been receiving any hard items at all. In fact just doubling up on armor.

I think it's best to just do normal and then hard separately; I've probably been missing out on a lot of food loot.

I've been thinking this for a while too. Feels like every time I run normal, I get my Legendary Raid drop and an exotic. On Hard I tend to always get a standard Helm, Sparrow/Ship, shards. Only once I got the Vex, and even that is considered a hard Raid drop.

I'd love to be able to just give you some of mine - I have so many at this point, it feels like a waste...

spyder_ur

This opens up a lot if you have more than one characters. The best way to get shards/energy is definitely the raid. Past that, the daily story mission at level 28 will get you two shards or energies, 24 will get you one. Until the patch this week, when you completed a public event and picked up the package at the Postmaster, that would contain one as well, but this seems to have changed. They still have a chance to drop at every public event completion, though.

Fistwell

Having 3 chars stuck on 29 and no good armor to upgrade, running the raid 3 X 2 = 6 times a week. On all 3, whenever I got that last piece, it was leveled to max in a matter of hours.

What probably happened is not so much that you're hitting an ass shard drought, rather that you got all the armor you need mind-bogglingly quick.

spyder_ur

Has anyone else noticed an increase in Legendary engrams as drops? I've gotten three this week - prior to that I had 1 drop total I believe. Probably nothing to it.

So in 1 day I put in work. .

3 hard mode raids done (still have 1 hard mode atheon checkpoint I'll check out later)
3 weekly
3 nightfalls

Nothing really great this week but now I have 100+ strange coins. Going to be getting my hunter to level 30 via switching around armor to now having an exotic chest instead of waiting for the raid chest to drop. Besides that I think I have all of the raid drop weapons now, the last one I needed was the fusion rifle. I have to decide whether to keep them all or just discard the crappy ones.

Would anyone suggest keeping ALL of the raid drop weapons or is that not really worth it. The arc pulse rifle is outclassed by Fatebringer, so I don't see why I should hold on to it.

k1t4j

So I wasn't the only one, but now I'm worried. According to bungie.net I looted all 4 drops both normal and hard on my main already, so I don't think running normal will net us anything.

:(

If this is true the best part of yesterday raid was definately the experience to play with:

Sleepy
Mandrake
Void
Due
And the last guy that joined us (funny highly motivated individual)

Thanks Gaffer, for the good times :)

Maledict

Well, I got shards + a weapon off the Oracles and Templar, which means I was getting two loot drops from those bosses as normal from my understanding - if it was only one loot roll, I wouldn't have gotten both.

realcZk

I assume you hawkmoon users use the third ballistics option (agressive I think)? Increases stability and reload at the cost of a sliver of range. That's what I'm rocking. Found it last night but had a bunch of bounties saved up and I'm almost to the last row of damage circles. The three bonus damage bullets are great and the sound it makes is like cleaving through the souls of your enemies.

Probably gonna stick with hammer forged over speed reload, I'm a HC sniper type of guy. (wish they'd have swapped hammer forged out for speed reload and left send it, 62 range was godlike, and would tie it with Thorn)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Destiny is the first game of it's kind which got me hooked. It's just a combination of a bunch of other games I like. It isn't particularly the best at anything but it just has enough to keep you playing.

Any hard raid groups happening today? I'd like to join.

Dave_6

I've yet to run the hard raid but would like to with my level 29.5 Hunter before the DLC drops. My question is, can I run the normal and hard raid in the same week with the same character and get rewards? I know running the normal one twice in the same week gets me jack shit the 2nd time.

I really would like to run the normal one tonight if anyone still wants to. I'm still lacking a lot of the drops for it.

Too bad my Warlock just hit level 25 last night or I could run it twice a week. I'm severely lacking Hadronic Essence or I could possibly be a 26 with it by now.

X-Frame

Well, from what we've always been told it's supposed to be 1 normal and 1 hard roll. Lately, I haven't been receiving any hard items at all. In fact just doubling up on armor.

I think it's best to just do normal and then hard separately; I've probably been missing out on a lot of food loot.

I think it's still working correctly, but you have to remember that Hard mode loot also includes Normal mode loot. So while on Normal you may get 1 raid gear piece, on Hard you could get 2 raid gear pieces. Or 2 drops of shards. It's still taken from the Hard mode loot pool though, it's just the pool has more items now because it includes the Hard mode exclusive stuff as well as the Normal stuff.

But you could also get 2 drops from Hard exclusive stuff like people getting 2 Fatebringers are once.

Therefore if your goal is raid gear then Normal first and then Hard increases your chances of getting raid gear because on Normal the gear doesn't have to compete with the Hard mode stuff in order to drop.

Eric WK

I'd never play a game like that. Seems horrible and hate the concept of sharing loot. Don't know how you did it.

Well the content in something like World of Warcraft was more difficult and required teamwork. It was content that couldn't be completed with pick up groups. So another guild member getting a piece was just as beneficial to the guild/group as it would be if you got it.

That being said, I'm right there with you. All the fun was sucked out of WoW as soon as it started to feel like a job and responsibility for me. I took three weeks off from Destiny and was able to jump right back into Hard Raids without missing a beat -- had I done the same thing in a competitive WoW guild, my slot would have been replaced or I'd have been kicked from the guild.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm up for a normal raid on my lvl 28 Hunter alt if anyone needs it still. Good time to practise Templar strats if you don't know them.

-

1. Zakalwe

Well the content in something like World of Warcraft was more difficult and required teamwork. It was content that couldn't be completed with pick up groups. So another guild member getting a piece was just as beneficial to the guild/group as it would be if you got it.

That being said, I'm right there with you. All the fun was sucked out of WoW as soon as it started to feel like a job and responsibility for me. I took three weeks off from Destiny and was able to jump right back into Hard Raids without missing a beat -- had I done the same thing in a competitive WoW guild, my slot would have been replaced or I'd have been kicked from the guild.

Not to mention you wouldn't have earned any DKP! How would you get loot without DKP?!

Ourobolus

Banned
I just need to get my Warlock to 30 and my exotic armor pieces maxed and I'll be happy to move on to the DLC. Got some other games I actually want to play at some point too -.-

E92 M3

I think it's still working correctly, but you have to remember that Hard mode loot also includes Normal mode loot. So while on Normal you may get 1 raid gear piece, on Hard you could get 2 raid gear pieces. Or 2 drops of shards. It's still taken from the Hard mode loot pool though, it's just the pool has more items now because it includes the Hard mode exclusive stuff as well as the Normal stuff.

But you could also get 2 drops from Hard exclusive stuff like people getting 2 Fatebringers are once.

Therefore if your goal is raid gear then Normal first and then Hard increases your chances of getting raid gear because on Normal the gear doesn't have to compete with the Hard mode stuff in order to drop.

Well, they way they made it seem is that there will be at least 1 guaranteed hard drop, but what you said makes sense. If it's so rudimentary, I should just do the raids separately because the damn normal loot has really been messing up my hard raid drops. The one time I got the Vex was when the normal raid was already done.

Yeah, right away that's too much pressure for me - hate it when coop is essentially mandatory and becomes work. Destiny is already very stressful (sometimes) to keep up with. I'd go crazy in WoW lol.

realcZk

who the fuck was that? scarletham, what the fuck! supplicants, left side! right side! many supplicants!

NOW, HANDLE IT

FUCCKK!! THATS A FUCKING 50 DKP MINUS! What the fuck was that? If you stand on the fucking platforms, there is no way you are going to fucking get blown up by the goddamn supplicants, whatever fucking bubble, golden gun, fireborn, OK? Its like one in a fucking million. From the right side to the left of the fucking vault, its not even fucking remotely imaginable!

patchday

Well, because you raided with a Guild, everyone ran DKP (dragon point system). Essentially, it was the ghetto version of raid tokens. So at some point, assuming your item dropped, you knew you'd get a shot as long as someone didnt ninja it :)

EVE Online was my favorite full blown MMO. Basically it is the only true mmo in my eyes (that I played) since it actually supported hundreds of players participating in pvp in the same sector. Yeah, game would slowdown and I zoomed out on my ship. But anyway, that's just my opinion

Strider

Any game with shared loot would drive me nuts. fuck dat.

Imagine having to fight over the Vex in the early pre-nerf days XD

who the fuck was that? scarletham, what the fuck! supplicants, left side! right side! many supplicants!

NOW, HANDLE IT

FUCCKK!! THATS A FUCKING 50 DKP MINUS! What the fuck was that? If you stand on the fucking platforms, there is no way you are going to fucking get blown up by the goddamn supplicants, whatever fucking bubble, golden gun, fireborn, OK? Its like one in a fucking million. From the right side to the left of the fucking vault, its not even fucking remotely imaginable!

Ahahaha too good. "Get to the center" is actually pretty applicable too, on Gatekeepers.

GET AWAY FROM THE SUPPLICANTS, LEE, AWAY FROM THE SUPPLICANTS

Is there a way to broadcast YouTube audio over my mic, besides the obvious holding up speakers to my mic?

realcZk

Ahahaha too good. "Get to the center" is actually pretty applicable too, on Gatekeepers.

Is there a way to broadcast YouTube audio over my mic, besides the obvious holding up speakers to my mic?

lol, get to the center! whatever you do, do not stand next to eachother!

i'm not sure on that YT audio

phen0m24

Hola amigos and amigettes:

So got the 25 strikes done for that awful Juju bounty. On to the next part.

Am home with my sick son but working from home - so of course he's on.

Any nice people doing a normal raid today that he might be able to tag along with? I figure if he's going to learn, who better than from the likes of you awesome lot.
Sheds a tear

He's got a 29 Hunter, my maxed weapons and while he's not gotten his Hank Hill voice yet, he won't be swearing or mention tea bagging anyone's mom. He did the Thorn bounty by himself.
Slight brag

If not totally understood. I'm trying to get him into raiding. And he gets to learn non cheese. :) bonus

PSN: ColonelOCorn

noomi

Does the weekly 28 strike have the potential of rewarding a legendary engram or exotic weapon at all, or is it always 9 coins?

realcZk

last night I tried JuJu during the raid on the defend conflux phase, and legions.

it kicks ass dudes... didnt have to reload but once or twice the entire time! free ammo from kills.... seriously recommend it for this phase if you want to try something new (and it keeps your super jacked up). during oracles I promptly switched to fatebringer though.

Finished. Got boots and helmet for Titan both of which I needed and a third Fatebringer and Vex also Corrective Measure.

Only really missing the Hunter chest and Praetorian Foil. Thanks for the raid guys!

Shito

I thought it was shared in Destiny at the beginning. Always ran towards engrams as soon as I saw them. :lol
Haha, I did the same.
But since I can play with my girlfriend, both in the same room but both on our own console / monitor, I soon realized it was (thankfully) not the case. ^^

I didn't play much MMO, I'm more of a lonewolf than a guild player. Only MMO to have hooked me to the point of raising a character to max level was Tera, thanks to its nice combat system -- it's kinda like some light beat'em all MMO, I just loved learning the "elite monsters" patterns to solo them. I had to deal with shared loot in the endgame, and that's pretty much where I decided to quit. It was either running the same (laggy) event every 2-3 days, hoping to get lucky on the drop AND on the dice, or paying an absurd amount of gold in the auction house.
I really enjoy Destiny's take on things, up to level 29 that is. Loot is just a bonus, and you are supposed to grind your way to be able to buy yourself you gear. I don't understand why they made this switch for raid gear -- I do agree with people asking for a raid currency / vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom