• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

"break" the game????

How would it break the game?

That argument makes no sense to me.

Even in World of Warcraft, which has way more content/raiding, allows gifting/trading between groupmates up to 2 hrs after the raid according to what my friend tells me

Destiny players just have no idea how they get screwed by the raid (and RNG) since many are new to MMOs. Activision/Bungie is stretching out the thin content as much as possible and apparently it is working well

Anyway I got all my pieces to hit L30 from Iron Banner. But whatevs I should have had the chance to earn my L30 equipment way sooner then 2 weeks before new DLC releases that will raise the cap

/bitter

noomi

I think I need to stop playing this, 2x NF and 2x VoG Hard, and still no hawkmoon or gjallahorn.

I know it's just a fucking game, but it's REALLY starting to bother me that everyone around me seems to get them but I can't for the life of me, instead I get shit engrams and shards, it's so discouraging.

Starting to really bug me, especially since new content is coming out next week and I feel like the hawkmoon and gjallahorn will no longer be as good, and will never get to enjoy them :(

Damnit man, just.... damnit.

Rixa

Yeah, the Valus Taarc and Achon priest being at 2500Xp is serious bullshit too. I only do them when there is a "Complete strike without dying" with them.

For the sunbro Bounty "Kill atleast 3 enemies with super use 20 times" is awful. I can switch to voidbro but it still is awful. Usually avoiding that bounty. Even more now when you dont need to farm so much.

IrishMick

Neo Member
Do they have a direct support or does it just redirect you to the forums?

They have a direct support email(that I tried) but if you don't have an error code relating to a specific thing(e.g. season pass download error) you are basically rejected(like what happened to me).

Deku Tree

Even in World of Warcraft, which has way more content/raiding, allows gifting/trading between groupmates up to 2 hrs after the raid according to what my friend tells me

Destiny players just have no idea how they get screwed by the raid (and RNG) since many are new to MMOs. Activision/Bungie is stretching out the thin content as much as possible and apparently it is working well

Anyway I got all my pieces to hit L30 from Iron Banner. But whatevs I should have had the chance to earn my L30 equipment way sooner then 2 weeks before new DLC releases that will raise the cap

/bitter

Destiny is a new shooter MMO or a "shared world shooter" without a subscription fee. It is not fair nor does it make sense to compare the amount of content in a ten year old MMO with a high monthly subscription fee to three month old Destiny with no subscription fee.

There are certainly a lot of weapons that I still want and don't have in Destiny, and you can blame that on the RNG system, but at the same time I have 17 unique exotic weapons and I play Destiny all the time and more than half of them are still un-leveled because I don't really have the time to level them so far...

For the sunbro Bounty "Kill atleast 3 enemies with super use 20 times" is awful. I can switch to voidbro but it still is awful. Usually avoiding that bounty. Even more now when you dont need to farm so much.

Easy way to do that is the darkness beyond mission where you wake the hive. You can usually get a super off once per wave. It takes about 10 minutes or less. I still avoid it like the plauge though.

Rixa

/bitter

This donation thingie must be newish. When I started playing wow max level was 60 and Barrens was really barren and there was no such thing as 2h trading time. I started playing in WoW beta and after that played few years.

So maybe Destiny has same feature in few years time or not.

Easy way to do that is the darkness beyond mission where you wake the hive. You can usually get a super off once per wave. It takes about 10 minutes or less. I still avoid it like the plauge though.

I avoid missions if possible. Bungie really needs to add "Skip cutscene button".

I noticed best place to do that bounty is Patrol mission in Mars where there is 4 Cabals and quite many Vex goblins & 1 Minotaur. Cabals & Vexes do fight each other and spwan fast + there is few Relic Iron & chest spawn points.

Cool so that makes it:

1. Unknown837 (me)
2. auto_aim1
3. PewPewPewBow (30 sunsinger)
4. Macello

Two more needed.
We may have a problem, my PS4 is not starting. Will message you if it turns on.

Finished hard raid, got my third timebreaker and TWO helmets.

#1 What am I supposed to do with FOUR raid helmets and no gauntlets or boots (thank you Iron Banner.)

#2 If I get a roll from normal and a roll from hard, how the hell do I end up with two helmets???

Hyun Sai

I played MMOs as well, and no, Destiny's players are in heaven compared to those. You don't need to rely to RNG at all to wreak havoc and can be 29 in less than 3 weeks as a new player.

Tillbo

Sorry, can't really find a good answer to this elsewhere...

Basically, I really enjoyed Destiny finishing the story and getting up to lvl 23 but then stopped playing for one reason or another and haven't touched it since.

Is there new stuff in the DLC appropraite for my level (new story missions etc.) or is it really all geared to level 30 and beyond?

Thanks!

GlamFM

Banned

Basically, I really enjoyed Destiny finishing the story and getting up to lvl 23 but then stopped playing for one reason or another and haven't touched it since.

Is there new stuff in the DLC appropraite for my level (new story missions etc.) or is it really all geared to level 30 and beyond?

Thanks!

I would assume that it´s geared to Level 28. And I assume it will offer super quick and convenient ways to get there and even to level 30.

my favorite MMO barely had any RNG. everything was earned through time investment. it was grindy, but there were ways for the community to help each other speed the grind along. nothing was timegated; guilds ran daily and some were dedicated to helping players accumulate the best loot. if the boss didn't drop what you wanted, you could wait for another run or refill your items and jump right back in.

i played that shit for 10 years and never reached max level -most people didn't. when you saw a max level, you admired them because they earned it. they didn't luck into some bullshit drop after 3 weeks.

the game only slowed down for me when they stopped developing new content, but now the fans are adding content for it instead.

Deku Tree

Thanks!

Three new story missions, a new strike (two on PS), and a new raid. New Armor and new Weapons. A new vendor in the tower Eris Morn who sells armor that can eventually get you up to light level 31.

Most people are most excited about the Raid since that was the most exciting part of Destiny.

my favorite MMO barely had any RNG. everything was earned through time investment. it was grindy, but there were ways for the community to help each other speed the grind along. nothing was timegated; guilds ran daily and some were dedicated to helping players accumulate the best loot.

played that shit for 10 years and never reached max level -most people didn't. when you saw a max level, you admired them because they earned it. they didn't luck into some bullshit drop after 3 weeks.

the game only slowed down for me when they stopped developing new content, but now the fans are adding content for it instead.

Which MMO is that?

patchday

Destiny is a new shooter MMO or a "shared world shooter" without a subscription fee. It is not fair nor does it make sense to compare the amount of content in a ten year old MMO with a high monthly subscription fee to three month old Destiny with no subscription fee.

There are certainly a lot of weapons that I still want and don't have in Destiny, and you can blame that on the RNG system, but at the same time I have 17 unique exotic weapons and I play Destiny all the time and more than half of them are still un-leveled because I don't really have the time to level them so far...

Even Guild wars 2, also a free mmo-like, allowed Trading, Transmorgification, raid tokens, etc at launch.

Damn, well we need one more for hard raid:

1. Unknown837 (me)
2. auto_aim1
3. PewPewPewBow (30 sunsinger)
4. gdt5016
5. Katana_strikes

I'm a level 30 warlock and can join if you guys are ok with me not being able to use my mic right now, I'll be able to hear you guys though.

Psn dawnoflife

Pickman

Even Guild wars 2, also a free mmo-like, allowed Trading, Transmorgification, raid tokens, etc at launch.

Trading in a game like this is iffy, especially considering the rather narrow loot table of desired goods. It wouldn't be long before you'd see a black market economy set up trading weapons for real world currency, and if Activision can't have any of that money, they're not going to let us do it.

Deku Tree

And Destiny tried a different formula. If it keeps selling well, and the community of active players remains high you can bet that Bungie is going to conclude they have a winning formula and not change it. It will all come down to a sales based business decision in the end. They might consider changing their formula only if sales drop off etc IMO.

Trading in a game like this is iffy, especially considering the rather narrow loot table of desired goods. It wouldn't be long before you'd see a black market economy set up trading weapons for real world currency, and if Activision can't have any of that money, they're not going to let us do it.

Yup. It wouldn't be long before you saw eBay and paypal and craigslist sales for Gjallahorn etc.

EDIT: if Bungie is going to allow that then Activision and Bungie might as well (and probably would rather) introduce micro -transactions that allowed you to just buy these items directly from them. And if they did that I bet the player base would drop off because who wants to be competing in a pay to win game.

even if destiny is considered "MMO lite" i don't necessarily fault it for the amount of content. rather, it's the quality of the content and the way it's designed. while the "carrot on stick" systems are effective and the reason many of us are still playing, i don't think it's necessary nor ideal. i think destiny would have fared better if bungie had delivered interesting content on its own that kept players returning for more, rather than stalling their progress after a few hours of play.

Which MMO is that?

i'll leave it ambiguous for now to avoid introducing prejudice, but to add, it was subscription based for a while and is now f2p.

patchday

I played MMOs as well, and no, Destiny's players are in heaven compared to those. You don't need to rely to RNG at all to wreak havoc and can be 29 in less than 3 weeks as a new player.

No man, you are for sure not in heaven. Guild Wars 2, arguably, launched with wayyyy more content. Public quests were done properly. PvP consisted of full fledged sieges. Once you hit level cap you get all the items you need to be on par with everyone else.

In this game, pvpers have been forced for months to go run loops like a farmer to level up our weapons.

This donation thingie must be newish. When I started playing wow max level was 60 and Barrens was really barren and there was no such thing as 2h trading time. I started playing in WoW beta and after that played few years.

So maybe Destiny has same feature in few years time or not.

I think they've had raid tokens for a few years but not too certain. I've been avoiding MMOs like a plague. I purchased Destiny thinking it would be a Halo->Borderlands thing. Not a gimped MMO with great shooter features.

After getting all my L30 iron banner equipment haven't played. Waiting to see if things will improve in the DLC for folks (in regards to shitty RNG system for the raid)

Maledict

Guild Wars 2, arguably, launched with wayyyy more content.

Arguably?

I still play Destiny every week and have a great time with it, but in all honesty I think it is the smallest online game I have ever played. In terms of content, I cannot think of any other game that has so little and repeats the usage of so much.

If any normal or hard raids are going down later on (8PM GMT onwards) let me know.

I have the templar hard checkpoint and know the method to beat him.

PSN: MandrakeUK

I will probably have 1 or 2 others with me too so we can easily jet off.

RemiLP

/bitter

Well, i played runescape (lol) for like a decade. THAT is grinding. I was involved with top pvp clans, and had maxed out combat skills. That probably took like 4 years of AALOT of gaming to reach. Some of my clan mates had like 2-3 YEARS of ingame time :p

So when im lvl29, 1 items away from maxed out, after like 180h of gametime, im not really complainig :)

Seep

I think I need to stop playing this, 2x NF and 2x VoG Hard, and still no hawkmoon or gjallahorn.

I know it's just a fucking game, but it's REALLY starting to bother me that everyone around me seems to get them but I can't for the life of me, instead I get shit engrams and shards, it's so discouraging.

Starting to really bug me, especially since new content is coming out next week and I feel like the hawkmoon and gjallahorn will no longer be as good, and will never get to enjoy them :(

Damnit man, just.... damnit.

Don't worry there'll be a whole new bunch of exotics and raid gear that you won't get either.

patchday

Arguably?

I still play Destiny every week and have a great time with it, but in all honesty I think it is the smallest online game I have ever played. In terms of content, I cannot think of any other game that has so little and repeats the usage of so much.

Yeah that's true :)

In regards to trading. I was hoping they'd address the most frustrating aspect of the raid whereas if I need a chest piece to hit L32 or whatever and it drops for another guy that does not need it- they can give it to me or I can trade for it. I straight up uninstalled the game after my last raid. I didn't get anything 'new' after spending hrs in the hard raid while other folks got equipment I needed (but they didnt need). Btw, I did reinstall the game a bit after for Iron Banner :)

If that's a total crap idea then I'd be 100% happy with raid tokens. This way, eventually, I know one day I can acquire the items I need. Additionally, they need a pvp avenue that also grants L32.

Going to wait and see what they do.

E92 M3

Guys,

I have a feeling that the loot for normal raid no longer drops by doing hard raid. Can anyone confirm please?

I am at work currently but will also check when I can.

I've been feeling like the loot isn't piling up correctly for only doing hard. Seems like for Atheon especially I just get normal loot and the other bosses give me two of the same thing.

Ahh once you guys get the flow and how to fight him, it's pretty easy. We stayed on the right side once you get to the Templar fight. Relic holder should kill the harpies so he can get his super fast as possible. Super then dps him. We didn't worry about oracles and only destroy the oracles that was visible.

We tried this, but just couldn't keep everyone from trying to run off and kill an Oracle. The guys I was with really didn't like getting marked, and everyone wanted to be a hero.

It's worth noting that this was not the case until fairly recently. I, and many other players, remember the days of raiding for 15+ hours a week and receiving no loot at all. Those Stormrage shoulders you've been trying to get for the last 15 resets? Oh, they finally dropped - and you have to compete with 6-8 other druids to get them.

So, compared to my early MMORPG days, Destiny seems like a walk in the park.

I've been feeling like the loot isn't piling up correctly for only doing hard. Seems like for Atheon especially I just get normal loot and the other bosses give me two of the same thing.

I recall the last time I did hard raid I had 4 distinct legendary drops. Yesterday when I beat hard raid I only got 2 distinct legendary drops and then Vex.

Since I am 100% positive that exotics are like an extra loot drop on top of the normal drops, it would mean that 2 drops were missing.

I will have to try go through on normal to confirm....

Razgreez

You understand that if you do the hard raid without doing the normal you get 2 hard raid loot rolls and not a normal and a hard raid roll right? It's the reason why people often get 2 helms when defeating atheon on hard.

Or am i reading your concern incorrectly? Apologies if the latter

I recall the last time I did hard raid I had 4 distinct legendary drops. Yesterday when I beat hard raid I only got 2 distinct legendary drops and then Vex.

Since I am 100% positive that exotics are like an extra loot drop on top of the normal drops, it would mean that 2 drops were missing.

I will have to try go through on normal to confirm....

On Oracles/Templar/GK I recall getting two legendary drops (armor/shards or armor/weapon), but on Atheon I only got Timebreaker and 3 ascendant shards, which is the worst drop I've had from him by far. In contrast my first hard Atheon clear (with normal already completed iirc) yielded Timebreaker, Vex and Helmet.

I'm guessing it's 1 loot roll·boss^-1·difficulty^-1 with ships and such separate? If so, something's wrong with Atheon drops.

patchday

It's worth noting that this was not the case until fairly recently. I, and many other players, remember the days of raiding for 15+ hours a week and receiving no loot at all. Those Stormrage shoulders you've been trying to get for the last 15 resets? Oh, they finally dropped - and you have to compete with 6-8 other druids to get them.

Yeah World of Warcraft at launch was a horrible thing. Raiders got to do naughty things to pvpers with their uber equipment :)

I quit that game for Guild Wars which spoiled me quite a bit.

Honestly this game is soooo close to being really, really good. Yeah the content is barren and all that. But if they would just do something about the RNG in raids it would make this game a lot less frustrating

In the end, if we had more content all of this would vanish. If DLC added 3 raids and gave us a chance at 3 different L32 sets a lot of people would be super happy

Myself included. I really enjoy this game. Will keep playing the base content.

E92 M3

You understand that if you do the hard raid without doing the normal you get 2 hard raid loot rolls and not a normal and a hard raid roll right? It's the reason why people often get 2 helms when defeating atheon on hard.

Or am i reading your concern incorrectly? Apologies if the latter

Well, from what we've always been told it's supposed to be 1 normal and 1 hard roll. Lately, I haven't been receiving any hard items at all. In fact just doubling up on armor.

I think it's best to just do normal and then hard separately; I've probably been missing out on a lot of food loot.

Hyun Sai

In this game, pvpers have been forced for months to go run loops like a farmer to level up our weapons.

People been saying forever in the thread that rare weapons (not really hard to level) were all you needed to be competitive in the crucible, what changed ?

E92 M3

I'd never play a game like that. Seems horrible and hate the concept of sharing loot. Don't know how you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom