• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished. Got boots and helmet for Titan both of which I needed and a third Fatebringer and Vex also Corrective Measure.

Only really missing the Hunter chest and Praetorian Foil. Thanks for the raid guys!

Also got the boots and helmet. Certainly not bad, but I already have those. All I want is that Fateringer.

:(

If this is true the best part of yesterday raid was definately the experience to play with:

Sleepy
Mandrake
Void
Due
And the last guy that joined us (funny highly motivated individual)

Thanks Gaffer, for the good times :)

And Icy. That motivated guy was Hall. Our group is always fun because it's just a bunch of clowns fumbling their way through and just running our mouths off.

Well, I got shards + a weapon off the Oracles and Templar, which means I was getting two loot drops from those bosses as normal from my understanding - if it was only one loot roll, I wouldn't have gotten both.

Our worry is specifically with the Atheon drops, Void. Previous hard runs without normal run before I got 4 drops off of Atheon (2 rewards and 2 cosmetics), this week just 2 (1 reward and 1 cosmetic). Something seems to be off with Atheon drops.

Shito

Does the weekly 28 strike have the potential of rewarding a legendary engram or exotic weapon at all, or is it always 9 coins?
No exotics, but legendary yes. Got one myself yesterday (which turned into 2 energies, of course).
Dailies can also drop legendary engrams, but it's quite the rare thing...

Any game with shared loot would drive me nuts. fuck dat.

Imagine having to fight over the Vex in the early pre-nerf days XD

Honestly, I'd rather share/have a chance at GUARANTEED loot (as in, the Vex definitely drops but everyone in the group rolls for it) rather than the completely random loot table/system we have now.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think my response to the Thorn changes may have been a bit hasty yesterday. After a day of trying all three it feels on par with the TLW and HM.

It may have edged the lead slightly overall, but there's no way to balance all three perfectly and each has its own obvious strengths.

Good job, Bungie.

Hola amigos and amigettes:

So got the 25 strikes done for that awful Juju bounty. On to the next part.

Am home with my sick son but working from home - so of course he's on.

Any nice people doing a normal raid today that he might be able to tag along with? I figure if he's going to learn, who better than from the likes of you awesome lot.
Sheds a tear

He's got a 29 Hunter, my maxed weapons and while he's not gotten his Hank Hill voice yet, he won't be swearing or mention tea bagging anyone's mom. He did the Thorn bounty by himself.
Slight brag

If not totally understood. I'm trying to get him into raiding. And he gets to learn non cheese. :) bonus

PSN: ColonelOCorn

Your Hank Hill is very good, he can only hope to ever get to your level. If he doesn't get a chance to raid by Friday afternoon, I may be able to get one of my kids to take one of my toons through normal with him. I'm sure he'll have it done by then though.

BTW, you didn't miss much last night. We couldn't even get past the Templar.

realcZk

I think my response to the Thorn changes may have been a bit hasty yesterday. After a day of trying all three it feels on par with the TLW and HM.

It may have edged the lead slightly overall, but there's no way to balance all three perfectly and each has its own obvious strengths.

Good job, Bungie.

I just got the hawkmoon yesterday so we need some bonding time... but its so hard for me to compare it to thorn at the moment, they really bring different utility. So far I think HM would be my HC of choice for most PvE content, and it'll be really hard to beat Thorn in PvP...

Bladelaw

I've got tomorrow off and want to get my hard mode raid in. I'm hoping there will still be folks interested in running it by then. I have a 30 Hunter, maxed weapons. I'm mostly interested in Fatebringer and a helmet anything else is gravy.

Depending on how my Titan's normal mode goes tonight I may have another 30 for Hard too.

LiK

I would like to do Normal Raid with my alts this week and Hard with my main. Want to get some gear for the alts and hopefully Fatebringer from HM.

Zakalwe

Banned
I just got the hawkmoon yesterday so we need some bonding time... but its so hard for me to compare it to thorn at the moment, they really bring different utility. So far I think HM would be my HC of choice for most PvE content, and it'll be really hard to beat Thorn in PvP...

TLW obliterates Thorn at close range, HM can drop you faster if the bonus damage procs.

They're pretty well balanced in pvp.

I would like to do Normal Raid with my alts this week and Hard with my main. Want to get some gear for the alts and hopefully Fatebringer from HM.

I need run normal on my hunter today or tomorrow if you'd like to join me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I assume you hawkmoon users use the third ballistics option (agressive I think)? Increases stability and reload at the cost of a sliver of range. That's what I'm rocking. Found it last night but had a bunch of bounties saved up and I'm almost to the last row of damage circles. The three bonus damage bullets are great and the sound it makes is like cleaving through the souls of your enemies.

Probably gonna stick with hammer forged over speed reload, I'm a HC sniper type of guy. (wish they'd have swapped hammer forged out for speed reload and left send it, 62 range was godlike, and would tie it with Thorn)
Actually,

With the switch from Send It to Hammer Forge I also switched from that third ballistics option to the first one to regain the range. With that combo, I didn't actually feel much difference from my usage with Send It either in Rumble or Control so far.

I feel like the stability stat on Hawkmoon is a bit of a joke. At least in my usage you're really aiming every shot anyway. I never had much of any trouble with its reload speed either, having a pair of legendary gloves I swap in with a HC reload speed perk.
Does the weekly 28 strike have the potential of rewarding a legendary engram or exotic weapon at all, or is it always 9 coins?
It is guaranteed to reward "an engram" (usually 2 or 3), and one could be legendary. Usually you'll get your 9 coins and a coupla blue engrams. Exotic engrams never drop anywhere so far as I know.

phen0m24

Your Hank Hill is very good, he can only hope to ever get to your level. If he doesn't get a chance to raid by Friday afternoon, I may be able to get one of my kids to take one of my toons through normal with him. I'm sure he'll have it done by then though.

BTW, you didn't miss much last night. We couldn't even get past the Templar.

Oh dang. After my "Hey my Titan needs this bounty so come on along for a free trip to The Nexus" service last night, my one remaining character (son's hunter) got meleed off the ledge and we wiped. Oops. Still have to do that nf ands the weeklies now.

Thanks! Your son is good at pvp too - sure they would get along nicely. Josh is playing now and I want to watch him but need to get work done lol

LiK

TLW obliterates Thorn at close range, HM can drop you faster if the bonus damage procs.

I'll be on around 5PM EST. I'll join you if I see you on.

It is funny how the Raid can be so different with other folks. Last week had a bunch of inexperienced players and we struggled to clear any oracles in Atheons time stream before everyone gave up after over an hour at just that part. Then last night I had an experienced group that just wrecked it. I pop out the gate and a Titan has already dropped a Shield for Weapons of Light on the way to the platform and Atheons drops in seconds. The whole raid was like 45 mins.

Strider

I'll join you for either. Could do normal on my alt titan but up for normal or hard on my hunter. I stil need that fatebringer too.

realcZk

No doubt proc'ing that bonus damage would be deadly *mischievous grin*. Excited to try it in PvP tonight. I play pretty ranged pvp with my handcannons, so I really like TLW but I rarely use it over Thorn/Fatebringer/TDYK (and now Hawkmoon).

Actually,

With the switch from Send It to Hammer Forge I also switched from that third ballistics option to the first one to regain the range. With that combo, I didn't actually feel much difference from my usage with Send It either in Rumble or Control so far.

I feel like the stability stat on Hawkmoon is a bit of a joke. At least in my usage you're really aiming every shot anyway. I never had much of any trouble with its reload speed either, having a pair of legendary gloves I swap in with a HC reload speed perk.

It is guaranteed to reward "an engram" (usually 2 or 3), and one could be legendary. Usually you'll get your 9 coins and a coupla blue engrams. Exotic engrams never drop anywhere so far as I know.

True, stability on HC are mostly just about controlling/understanding the "animations" (or rather, seeing through them and knowing when you can fire again). I'll play around with it some more. Also, that hawkmoon hipfire accuracy is pretty damn good...feels better than other HC.

LiK

It is funny how the Raid can be so different with other folks. Last week had a bunch of inexperienced players and we struggled to clear any oracles in Atheons time stream before everyone gave up after over an hour at just that part. Then last night I had an experienced group that just wrecked it. I pop out the gate and a Titan has already dropped a Shield for Weapons of Light on the way to the platform and Atheons drops in seconds. The whole raid was like 45 mins.

Yup, a lot of noobs or casuals don't understand that all us experienced raiders can finish it in around 45 min. Not that hard once you played it a bunch of times.

noomi

Sweet! and right, no exotic engrams... but a legendary engram has a small chance to become an exotic!

dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg

E92 M3

That's why many prefer 30s for pickup runs. Personally, I like to get the raid done under an hour and when I play with randoms on LFG, I don't want more than 2 29s. It's not about discrimination, but simply a question of time and efficiency.

Has anyone gotten voc drop from hm atheon clear? I've been waiting forever for voc drop doing hm raids but it's not happening. Could it be that voc only drops from regular atheon and when you do hm you get hm loot table times 2, which means you don't get a chance at voc...could this be true?

LiK

Has anyone gotten voc drop from hm atheon clear? I've been waiting forever for voc drop doing hm raids but it's not happening. Could it be that voc only drops from regular atheon and when you do hm you get hm loot table times 2, which means you don't get a chance at voc...could this be true?

I got it twice from Atheon on Normal. Try Normal instead.

Shito

From what I understand, it gives you an engram per difficulty mode, along with 3 coins.
So when you do the 28 one without touching the others, you get 3 engrams + 9 coins.
That's always what I got. But now with the latest patch making the reward notifications disappear as soon as the ship screen appears, and the actual reward screen only ever showing 2 rewards, it's a bit more difficult to see clearly... ^^

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Nah, I've got tons of VoC and I only do HM raid mostly.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

I had it drop from a normal raid yesterday. Now that I think about it, all my raid goodies were dropped from normal raid. Have yet to get something spectacular from hard raids.

Ragarra

Grats on HM, Shep got his 4th ballerhorn (I know none of us are suprised) while I got my 4th week of of no exotics from the nightfall. Shep got 2 exotics out of 3 runs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No doubt proc'ing that bonus damage would be deadly *mischievous grin*. Excited to try it in PvP tonight. I play pretty ranged pvp with my handcannons, so I really like TLW but I rarely use it over Thorn/Fatebringer/TDYK (and now Hawkmoon).

True, stability on HC are mostly just about controlling/understanding the "animations" (or rather, seeing through them and knowing when you can fire again). I'll play around with it some more. Also, that hawkmoon hipfire accuracy is pretty damn good...feels better than other HC.
It is really good, definitely not to be ignored in the Crucible.
Sweet! and right, no exotic engrams... but a legendary engram has a small chance to become an exotic!

dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg
And every rare engram a chance to become a legendary ;)
Yup, a lot of noobs or casuals don't understand that all us experienced raiders can finish it in around 45 min. Not that hard once you played it a bunch of times.
While I do think it's important to bear in mind that the raid can be overwhelming to new players and that not all players are of equal skill level, I will say that going back to Normal after having settled into doing hard regularly feels like Superman on Earth. The simple ability to resurrect (which is something you've depended on in group content throughout the game up until that point) feels downright luxurious.
From what I understand, it gives you an engram per difficulty mode, along with 3 coins.
So when you do the 28 one without touching the others, you get 3 engrams + 9 coins.
That's always what I got. But now with the latest patch making the reward notifications disappear as soon as the ship screen appears, and the actual reward screen only ever showing 2 rewards, it's a bit more difficult to see clearly... ^^
That makes a large amount of sense.

realcZk

Grats on HM, Shep got his 4th ballerhorn (I know none of us are suprised) while I got my 4th week of of no exotics from the nightfall. Shep got 2 exotics out of 3 runs.

lol he told me.... that SOB. he stole all of our ballerhorns man, we could have been gods but thanks to shep our true potential is nerfed

i got another icebreaker from nightfall and i really wish I could trade, a fellow gaffer I was doing the NF with wanted one :(

Drain You

So I did the raid on normal yesterday after only cheesino the Templar ever and I have to say it was a ton of fun. As ridiculous as it sounds it felt like new content to my group. One person died and for whatever reason got teleported to the very top but we were able to get it done. Very chaotic, and I'm sure there is a better strategy but we had a good time.

Are you still down for helping me with the Thorn bounty doing some skirmish? You had a friend who wanted to join too? 6:30pm EST?

LiK

It is really good, definitely not to be ignored in the Crucible.

And every rare engram a chance to become a legendary ;)

While I do think it's important to bear in mind that the raid can be overwhelming to new players and that not all players are of equal skill level, I will say that going back to Normal after having settled into doing hard regularly feels like Superman on Earth. The simple ability to resurrect (which is something you've depended on in group content throughout the game up until that point) feels downright luxurious.

That makes a large amount of sense.

Hah, yea, Normal raid is rather relaxing at this point. Such a far cry from when I first started.

Zakalwe

Banned
Meet two people today using mics. First I've met in days.

First doesn't understand English. Fair enough.

Second sniffs the entire match and doesn't say anything. When I politely ask him to help with call outs he repeats what I said in a mocking tone and starts breathing heavy into his mic until I'm forced to mute him.

Ugh. I guess there's a good reason no one whats to use the public channels.

realcZk

Are you still down for helping me with the Thorn bounty doing some skirmish? You had a friend who wanted to join too? 6:30pm EST?

Yep, it'll probably be about 6:30ish EST for you when I'll be logging on. I usually leave work at 6-6:10 EST and sometimes traffic is a pain.

honestrade couldn't make it today, but I definitely have other people trying for the bounty who will want to tag along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom