• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't as bad as I thought at first (instead of a couple of exotics being available to upgrade, there are 12 of them), but it does go back to being incredibly grindy. Eh..

CLBridges

I already bought the DLC yesterday and even with some missteps by Bungie, will continue playing this game cause it's a blast. But, this day has been very entertaining to say the least and on top of it all that tweet that someone posted from Deej lol.

Edit: I see the details now...the grind, the glimmer, the rng...still playing :)

Daemul

deejsouog.png

bazqF.gif

Oops! For new page.

Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory

Wait, that can't be right...can it? Because not all exotics are in his inventory (exotic bounty items?)

So let's say I finally do get an exotic I'm waiting for, but I don't get it til the week after Xur sells the upgrade for it.

Am I just stuck for weeks/months/years with a gimped version of it then until he sells the upgrade for it again?

Frenden

Banned
This is super fucked. I have no progress I can make until the DLC hits now. Why sink XP into weapons and armor until then?

A whole lot of clustermadness after such an overall great patch. Now I will say 10 steps forward and 20 steps back.

I will definitely NOT grind out weapons again. I've been having a blast doing nothing but raiding with my maxed weapons the past few weeks (and occasional weekly/nightfall). Such a bad decision. They should just have more upgrade bubbles if you own the expac. I will enjoy the new DLC/raid but no way in heck will i RE-grind weapons. I'll just complete bounties when they apply to weeklies/raids and special events like IB. I guess Hard Mode isn't until EOJ 2015 anyways.

It takes so long as is to get a weapon maxed. I'm working currently on Thorn, The Truth, Invective, Bad Juju and Red Death (different characters instead of passing these back and forth). So dumb.

I'm hoping Xur just sells the upgrade and you don't regrind. Makes a heck of a lot more sense and I'll be OK with that.

LiK

I think i'm done after checking out the new Raid and PVP maps and Strikes. They don't even give you the new HM Primary drops until January.

Gonna play Dragon Age instead. Thanks Bungie.

I usually don't join lynch mobs but from what I am seeing and reading and interpreting it might honestly be time to hit up that backlog.

Please for the love of baby jesus I hope I am wrong.

HighOnPCP

In that picture Xur has 12 items that you can upgrade..ok I am all calm again I thoguht it'd be 1 or 2 every week that would've been a reason to quit not even joking why put in SO much work (I maxed out almost all of my weapons by now) and then do it all over BUT only if they feel like having the exact weapon/gear you need? ok I think I'm good again

Alos he's selling Dragon's Breath in that picture. I thought he wouldn't have the new exotics for sale since non DLC buyers won't be able to buy them?
Also no more Engram -.-

Shito

Ok. So, yeah, exotics and all that.
But what about those commendations? I don't see the purpose or the need for them. I hope we'll be guaranted one by package, because if not, oh boy... ^^

What im getting is you can either get the exotic shard and reset progression or buy something for your specific weapon and not have to reset progression.

From Reddit:

Game Informer reporting on this front is spot-on. There are some elements in the player response that amount to misinformation. That's a comment about the facts, rather than your visceral, emotional reactions to the information.

For example, you can upgrade more than one Exotic per week, assuming you have the coins and Xur is packing the gear you want to buff.

For another example, the new Legendaries are more powerful, and they will still crave your Ascendant materials for upgrades.

These new systems are completely elective. We're allowing all players in the world of Destiny to level up, and not fall behind. You'll have new options to acquire better gear. If you choose to bring along your favorite exotic items along for the new ride, there will be options for you to do so.

This is our first bid to expand the world in which you play, and provide solutions to prevent people or items from becoming obsolete. Like you, I'll be shopping for new Faction gear (long live Dead Orbit). The evolution of our Guardians will always be a moving target.

Here is more information on the finer points: http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

As always, we're listening.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
pretty weird, it mentions that whole "selection of exotics" business but the image shows a ton of selectable "equipped" ones. still no idea how that will work from the information presented.

maybe with enough complaining they will change the XP reset to be less punishing for maxed exotics.

seems nightfall and 28 weekly heroic are getting bumped to 30

What garbage community management. Not only do we get told our reactions are wrong, but the previous info claims that all the Bungie devs play right along side us, feel our pain, hate the RNG, hate the grind. So what do they go and do? Implement a huge new grind, more RNG and then have the gall to tell us our frustrations are wrong.

Mindlog

On the bright side... I can take off the faction class items I've been using. They look neat, but I haven't been able to use the items I spent a lot of currency on.

Wait, do the factions offer commendation packs?

Nah there's no bright side. This faction financial fuckery is just getting silly. The MMO grind with none of the content just sucks. Defiance was a better MMO.

Everyone take a step back and slow down

Is it good we can update our gear to new levels? Yes.

Did this have to be a feature in the game? No.

Therefore in order to use our old gear at new levels and forgo using the new gear they added, players have to jump through hoops.

This seems like a decent system, not perfect, but is it the first implementation of it.

Remember the whole point of a gear based game is that you replace your gear over and over, people need to stop getting attached to their gear, or in reverse stop thinking that gear should come easy.

pretty weird, it mentions that whole "selection of exotics" business but the image shows a ton of selectable "equipped" ones. still no idea how that will work from the information presented.

maybe with enough complaining they will change the XP reset to be less punishing for maxed exotics.

seems nightfall and 28 weekly heroic are getting bumped to 30

Wow, this will make the next Iron Banner tourney so interesting. Line in the sand, pick you favorite weapon and get it re-leveled up.

nowai

xur_upgrades.jpg

Bad_juju_icon1.jpg

I see Bad Juju in there, so it looks like he will sell upgrades for bounty exotics. Still wonder about Playstation exclusives.

And in the example shown you'll only need 84000 Glimmer and 12 Exotic Shards to reset all those exotics!

They should use this a chance to raise the Glimmer cap. Also add exotic shards as rewards for Nightfall and even the Vault of Glass. Would help keep VoG relevant.

So let's say I finally do get an exotic I'm waiting for, but I don't get it til the week after Xur sells the upgrade for it.

Am I just stuck for weeks/months/years with a gimped version of it then until he sells the upgrade for it again?

That's correct.

Well, what if you get one of the new exotics? You won't have to turn that into Xur.

It sort of sounds like they're trying to promote the use of the new exotics over old ones? I don't even know anymore

zewone

It says equipped because you can't purchase the upgraded version without it being equipped to your character. That's the games way of making sure it's okay to sell you the new version.

I mean, it's pretty obvious because you see Hunter, Titan, and Warlock gear. A person obviously can't have all of those equipped.

Heel

Until the next expansion adds 2 more levels, and you have to do it again.

Ya'll see where this shit is going, right?

LiK

They should use this a chance to raise the Glimmer cap. Also add exotic shards as rewards for Nightfall and even the Vault of Glass. Would help keep VoG relevant.

Considering how glimmer has become so much more demanding with upgrades, they definitely should've increased the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom