• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

deejsouog.png

I'm out. Bye, everyone.

seriously?! Bc I can't believe that tweet lol

Trakan

Few pages ago - "GameInformer would never misinform! It's an irrefutable source!"

I work in the industry.
You wouldn't believe the number of false things journalists can tell on your games. And I don't blame them, you can't be perfect on every game ever, but yeah, those things happen. A lot.
Also, devs and publishers don't review articles before they are printed or published. Journalists don't have to make their work approved by them: you don't want something like that.

deejsouog.png

HighOnPCP

woah woah hold up.

I just read something about us being able to upgrade our current exotics to match the attack power of the newer ones right? and then you know I read something about how it will be motherfucking RNG and only when Xur is around? No bungie no! NO! stop! bad developer badd hissss NO

stb

While we wait for DeeJ...

Any raids happening tonight?

Me (29 Titan) and a pal (29 Warlock) are looking for a raid.

We'd love to try the hard raid, but a normal would be fine, too.

Wait what that can't be real? Did he really say player reactions are "wrong"? If so...

Oh boy...If that means what it seems to mean that's not going to go over well. That has to be a fake tweet right haha?

What if this is an elaborate-ass-prank by Bungie and GameInformer
Would explain the weirdness of DeeJ's tweet
Also, they said there would be a Bungie Blog about this, and it isn't up yet

• In addition to Crucible or Vanguard Marks, purchasing new Legendary items will require a Crucible or Vanguard Commendation
  • Commendations are received in Reputation Reward Packages delivered by the Postmaster upon reaching a new Reputation Level

WHY

seriously?! Bc I can't believe that tweet lol

I hope,

and I mean really hope

what he means is that we are extrapolating too many details out of the limited overview of the system and coming to incorrect conclusions (as in, nothing Game Informer said was WRONG, we are just interpreting it poorly).

If that's not the case...

GIF-Gas-balloon-fire-FAIL.gif

New bungie.net post.
http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

New Exotic Upgrading
Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below.
Starting December 9th, Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values
Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard
The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item
Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory

Get fucked Bungie. Seriously.

TheRook

Correct me if im wrong but...from what im reading, you'll have to re-upgrade your exotic weapons once the new expansion is released?

What about Exotics your currently leveling up? I have a few that can be leveled once Xur hits this Friday and plenty of coins to go around but if that means I have to re-grind the Godhorn and Hawkmoon...im going to be a tad salty.

Please say it ain't so~

Definity

Blog update is out there now.

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

New Exotic Upgrading
Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below.

Starting December 9th, Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values
Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard
The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item
Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory

Strider

wow.

Starting December 9th, Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item

Matchew

Just when you thought they eased the grind a little with materials they go and make grinding even more crazy with the DLC. This is a horrible way of doing things.

Heel

I guess we can all pretend Game Informer pulled this information out of thin air. Another one of those "glitches" right? The game is designed as a treadmill to keep you playing. Full stop.

Kind of shitty if you've put a lot of time in / owned it for awhile to now be demanding a refund. Maybe a refund on the expac portions, sure, but total'd be dirty.

I have the audacity to want a refund for an expansion pack I've never played, and was dumb enough to buy on good faith yesterday after the mostly agreeable update. Boy I feel silly.

Can someone please copy/paste this here? Thanks.

Here:

The Dark Below Preview
by Destiny Dev Team

The Dark Below releases on December 9th, 2014. This new content will expand the world of Destiny for some players. It will also change the experience of playing Destiny for all. To support the updates that will go live with the expansion, we have made changes to a number of systems that drive the game.

New Legendary Gear
  • Existing Legendary gear on display in the Tower will be replaced
  • New Legendary gear will feature higher Attack and Defense values
  • Legendary items will still require Ascendant Materials for upgrades
  • This new, more powerful gear will be available to all players of Destiny
  • Legendary gear will not be as powerful as new Raid gear or Exotics

New Rank Commendations
  • In addition to Crucible or Vanguard Marks, purchasing new Legendary items will require a Crucible or Vanguard Commendation
  • Commendations are received in Reputation Reward Packages delivered by the Postmaster upon reaching a new Reputation Level

crucible_commendation.png

vanguard_commendation.png

Exotic Talent Changes
  • As part of the December 1st Destiny Update, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials for upgrades
  • The final power node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
  • This new material is obtained by one of the following means:
  • Dismantling unwanted Exotics
  • Purchased from Xûr for 7 Strange Coins

exotic_shard.png

New Exotic Upgrading
  • Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below.
  • Starting December 9th, Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values
  • Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard
  • The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item
  • Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory

xur_upgrades.jpg

Crucible (PvP) Changes
  • Expansion I will include two new exclusive competitive playlists
  • New Crucible arenas (Pantheon, Skyshock, and The Cauldron) will be featured in map rotation
  • Playlists available in the Director will change week over week
  • Experiences will alternate between 12 and 6 player engagements
  • Map rotation will alternate between focusing solely on new expansion arenas and including original launch maps in the mix

Heroics and Nightfall (PvE) Changes
With the Light level increase to 32, Heroics and Nightfalls will be increased by 2 Light levels to keep up with new content, level increases, and gear items

New Raid: Crota's End
  • The new Raid, Crota's End, will unlock on December 9th
  • Players at Light level 30 can lead a Fireteam immediately upon release
  • The reward system in Crota's End will address some issues reported in the Vault of Glass:
  • Raid loot in Crota's End will drop at a higher rate
  • New Raid gear will contain a wider variety of potential perks
  • Weapons and Gear from Crota's End will not require Ascendant materials for upgrades
  • Radiant Shards and Radiant Energy acquired in the Raid will be used to upgrade new Raid gear
  • Unwanted weapons and gear from Crota's End will dismantle into Radiant materials
  • Primary weapons will only drop in the harder version of Crota's End, released sometime in January

We are hopeful about the changes we're making to the way Raid loot works. We look forward to watching the streamers attempt to become the world first to complete the new Raid. Good luck!

LOL, it is even fucking worse than I thought. The exotic upgrades are on a specific item to item basis. HAHAHAHA. You may have to wait weeks, if not months to get the handful of exotics you want to upgrade. Especially if we get the current Xur treatment of the same shit each week with exotic armor.

I love this game but considering the investment in time and all the other games I'd like to play I may have to break up with Destiny at some point in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom