• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone take a step back and slow down

Is it good we can update our gear to new levels? Yes.

Did this have to be a feature in the game? No.

Therefore in order to use our old gear at new levels and forgo using the new gear they added, players have to jump through hoops.

This seems like a decent system, not perfect, but is it the first implementation of it.

Remember the whole point of a gear based game is that you replace your gear over and over, people need to stop getting attached to their gear, or in reverse stop thinking that gear should come easy.

Very true, but at the same time it feels like a badly implemented concept. We won't know til l it is official though.

zewone

Well, what if you get one of the new exotics? You won't have to turn that into Xur.

It sort of sounds like they're trying to promote the use of the new exotics over old ones? I don't even know anymore

Hopefully old exotics that you get from random drops after Dec. 9th will be come as the upgraded version.

Considering how glimmer has become so much more demanding with upgrades, they definitely should've increased the cap.

Can you help me understand how glimmer is now more needed? Is it 7k for upgrading one piece of item completely or 7k per upgrade for 1 item?

Therefore in order to use our old gear at new levels and forgo using the new gear they added, players have to jump through hoops.

This seems like a decent system, not perfect, but is it the first implementation of it.

Remember the whole point of a gear based game is that you replace your gear over and over, people need to stop getting attached to their gear, or in reverse stop thinking that gear should come easy.

This is the part I keep seeing parroted by a few people here and I completely disagree with it on two fronts. One, they absolutely did have to include this option. Destiny is already so content starved on every front, to throw away all of the vanilla gear for DLC gear was never a viable option. And two, very basic concepts of good game design would have you conclude that you would want to make your game more diverse, not less diverse with expansions. This isn't some benevolent gift from Bungie. This is basic intuitive design. I don't owe Bungie shit for gratitude. I already paid them with my money.

rNilla

Maybe I'll just focus on the new weapons and gear and not worry too much about existing exotics. Even then it doesn't seem like there's enough new content in this DLC to support this amount of grind. Hopefully I'm wrong. I've been addicted this far...

Ourobolus

Banned
Can you help me understand how glimmer is now more needed? Is it 7k for upgrading one piece of item completely or 7k per upgrade for 1 item?

They said they reset the progression, so I assume it's the same as now, + 7000 for the upgrade purchase from Xur.

Definity

At this rate it will cost you three extoic shards each with specific reputation levels to even play the game for expansion #2.

nowai

Each exotic item will require 7k glimmer.

So with a max of 25k, you'll be able to upgrade 3 exotics before having to grind again.

Seeing that Xur only lasts for 48 hours, weekends will be full of glimmer farming! To the Exclusion zone!

hydruxo

I just don't get the notion of penalizing someone for upgrading a weapon or armor piece. Why not just add an extra node or two that are more difficult to get and won't reset my progress?

Yes and those ganes where you replace gear have much larger and more diverse loot tables. There aren't nearly enough new weapons in the expansion

Now I wish i did more weeklies the past few weeks. Dangit! At least weeklies will be more useful now. But Please dont get rid of Motes for Engrams, xur. And bring back heavy ammo synths!!! We're poor as heck, we need more glimmer resources.

nowai

I just don't get the notion of penalizing someone for upgrading a weapon or armor piece. Why not just add an extra node or two that are more difficult to get and won't reset my progress?

I can't see them resetting the damage to below 300.

I would guess when you upgrade an exotic, it will start at 300, but not have the perks.

deejsouog.png

Has DeeJ been taking PR lessons from Adam Orth?

Strider

It's not about the materials to me. You can get those easily. It's about the time it takes to actually level stuff up... the experience required and the bounty grind that comes with it. It just takes too long :/

Unless I'm misinformed or things change, I can honestly say I'll be done with Destiny. At least playing it the way I am now. I do still want to see the story missions and do the raid once.

Please no! My sanity can't take listening to the Cabal theme over and over.

I can't stand farming for glimmer anymore. Did too much during IB 2.0 (@ Exclusion Zone, can't stand that anymore either!). They need to give you glimmer when you turn in Bounties, IMO. That would make me want to do the bounties that are unrelated to the heroic weekly/Nightfall, again.

Also, each character should have its own glimmer bank, since you know, characters share NOTHING ELSE.

I love it all. It seems like a fair way to keep exotics relevant. Makes Xur day more interesting. Looks like I'm maxing my Vex tonight and then waiting on the DLC.

Bungie really seems to be paying attention to the feedback they've gotten. Hype levels are higher for me than launch.

We must have read different info. This news sucks ass.

So new legendary gear will now require 3 different fucking "currencies?" You need marks, required rep, and then a commendation point? Wow. Optional factions better accept both kinds damn it. Glad I was able to get my Vanguard to lvl 8 so I can buy all that...I don't even know. Fingers crossed for retoractive commendations.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can't see them resetting the damage to below 300.

I would guess when you upgrade an exotic, it will start at 300, but not have the perks.
Apparently "new exotics" start at 302, so giving him an old one to upgrade will actually increase its attack... by 2. won't be worth it to lose the perks though. it's a longer-term option. Most of my exotics will stay as they are for the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom