• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly agree. I've had TONS of fun with the game leveling up all 3 characters to 30 (well, just need 1 more piece if Xur sells it this weekend). Was hyped for the DLC but if this resetting is true about Exotics, it completely defeats the purpose of the awesome less-grindy patch and buff exotics for me. I've done my grind, maxed my stuff and to reset it is completely stupid. I don't mind Grinding for NEW things, but for OLD??? We need to grind for new ones as is so why????

This is my issue as well.

So we replace one type of grind with another. Thanks... a lot.

Matchew

Herein lies my issue with this. I fall into what I'd imagine is a pretty large demographic of Destiny players. I play frequently and enjoy the gameplay aspects of the game, but don't get enough freetime to reach a gear pinnacle like some folks. I've had Patience and Time for over a month and only just capped it two days ago. It took a lot of work, lots of dailies, and when I was done I felt really, really proud.

Now I'm going to take this thing which gave me a great sense of accomplishment as a casual, and use a hard-earned currency to upgrade it. That is, if Xur decides that he MIGHT give me the opportunity to do so by having it on his list this week.

IF he does, I then get to grind the XP on the thing all the way back up all over again just to make it viable.

Bungie has taken my accomplisment and completely removed its value.

This differs from the loot grind in an MMORPG because, once you get that gear, it's pretty much as good as it's getting. You win the loot, you equip it, and you're stronger for it. With these Exotics you have to put work in to MAKE them the best they can be. That work lost is what is really pissing me off about this.

I'm really done defending this game from its naysayers.

This is how I feel. I'm was about to fully upgrade my thorn tonight and it would have been my first. Now my feeling of accomplishment is gone, this game is just one big grind and it just got worse.

they could've changed the base stat and simply emptied out one bubble for this new update. I mean, not sure how hard it is to do that but having to completely reset the Exotics is just pure punishment especially for anyone who maxed out a lot of them.

Even though I have no idea how they coded this game... Shouldn't be hard at all.

if (exoticWeapon.lastBubble.isFull())
{
exoticWeapon.lastBubble.empty();
}

or just empty all last bubbles without checking if that's easier/faster.

Fuck me that news is pretty terrible. As others have mentioned, there are other ways to address the issue that don't fuck over the player.

I'm guessing all of our legendary gear will now also be obsolete.

This might be the thing that forces me to give up Destiny for a while. Have enough other games in my backlog to play anyway.

hydruxo

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if I should buy the DLC.

Diablo 3 on the way, MCC and Halo 5 beta should tide me over. That is, if MCC ever gets fixed.

Speaking of D3, I haven't been back to it on PS4 since they released the greater rifts patch months ago. This exotic upgrade mess with Destiny makes me want to go back to Diablo now.

I am fine with Nightfall going up in level difficulty, but the Heroic Strike change sucks. Folks who have limited time are already struggling to earn coins as it is, this just raises the ladder for them more. Not good.

I'm so glad I've already paid for it. :)

:)

:)

ಠ_ಠ

1527.gif

Because they are. You're kidding yourself if you don't think they discuss how to ensure the grind can last until the next DLC.

Exactly, the grind needs to be harder for this since there is relatively less content added to keep things going for this next 3 month period.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of D3, I haven't been back to it on PS4 since they released the greater rifts patch months ago. This exotic mess with Destiny makes me want to go back to Diablo now.
I think the end game grind in Diablo is insane, but somehow I feel more dicked over by this news than anything Diablo has ever done to me. lol

Korten

Banned
So... Not only can you only upgrade the exotic gear that Xur has that weekend... But you also have to RESTART your progress? What the fuck is this shit.

Muz

Neo Member
Need 3 for a hard raid. Got a save at the oracle's for first drop. Ideally level 30 if possible as I'm helping my friends and doing my alt so we are all lvl 29.

Thinking of starting in about 45 mins

Psn is: thekunjer

HighOnPCP

Apparently "new exotics" start at 302, so giving him an old one to upgrade will actually increase its attack... by 2. won't be worth it to lose the perks though. it's a longer-term option. Most of my exotics will stay as they are for the time being

They start at 302 but end at 331 when fully upgraded. So upgrading your old ones via Xur will give you 31 more attack in the end not just 2. Worth it imo but still tedious as hell.

LiK

Instead of dangling more carrots in front of us, they basically cut them off and want us to look for the carrots in the ground.

I am fine with Nightfall going up in level difficulty, but the Heroic Strike change sucks. Folks who have limited time are already struggling to earn coins as it is, this just raises the ladder for them more. Not good.

I think they'd just be adding another difficulty tier for the Weekly. Lower level people should still be able to run 22/26/28 level strikes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
need to make my weekly activities post but I should probably give it another page.
They start at 302 but end at 331 when fully upgraded. So upgrading your old ones via Xur will give you 31 more attack in the end not just 2. Worth it imo but still tedious as hell.
I'm saying, going from a maxed old exotic to a newly exchanged, unupgraded exotic, is apparently a 2 attack increase. but losing the perks means it's almost definitely still a damage reduction for many exotics.

Are we at least going to get commendations for ranks we've already earned? If not, that's pretty stingy and shitty.

If you think they will give everyone a windfall of Commendations, I have a bridge to sell you.

Best to keep your rep just outside of level up before next week reset.

EL CUCO

Because they are. You're kidding yourself if you don't think they discuss how to ensure the grind can last until the next DLC.

I think I'm out after I get the Platinum. I didn't buy the season pass because I've been burned quite a few times already, and the $5 you save isn't worth it.

Btw, has anybody seen Salvage mode lately?

Matchew

I think it would be find if it had matchmaking. People are falling behind because they have to sole it. Why there isn't matchmaking for the nightfall or heroic strike is stupid.

I've literally been back and forth on buying this dlc for 3 weeks now. I finally thought that they were beyond making the playerbase grind for everything.

Thanks for making up my mind Bungie.

See ya'll in Destiny 2.

I still haven't bought it :)

But you will...

Ironically the Tumbler is probably the best thing they've added so far since it's something that's actually fun rather than something that's just going to result in me grinding more. Just something purely for fun, which is pretty damn rare in this game so far.

Cruxist

Well, I already pre-ordered The Dark Below, but I think I'm out after that. Core gameplay is fantastic, the grind is not. Now that there's a re-grind? Yeah, that's bullshit. Sorry Bungie, I was singing your praises days ago. Now I'm mad.

Jinjo

Woah, wtf Deej. So we have a community manager telling us how we can or cannot react to shit? Seems our reactions were entirely justified because the gamestop article is true. This guy man, every other community manager should look at him on how not to interact with your community.

They should make everything available for upgrade as long as Xur is in the tower. It's gonna be a bitch upgrading exotics for everyone that has multiple characters. Imagine getting an exotic just after xur left with the upgrade... Fuck that..

I spend months upgrading all the stuff I wanted so I can change my playstyle on the fly. This is an absolute fuck you. Literally hundreds of hours of grinding will be nullified, having to do it all over again for a bit more damage or a bit more light is bullshit. Fuck you Bungie.

they could've changed the base stat and simply emptied out one bubble for this new update. I mean, not sure how hard it is to do that but having to completely reset the Exotics is just pure punishment especially for anyone who maxed out a lot of them.

And on top of all that they introduce exotics shards and people Im sure already used them on exotics only to find out maybe they should have waited a week to find out they will need more shards to upgrade the same weapons

NastyBook

Also am i right in thinking..

"Commendations are received in Reputation Reward Packages delivered by the Postmaster upon reaching a new Reputation Level"

Therefore you have to level a faction to buy a piece of gear?

Therefore everybody should rep a faction 'Future war cult" etc, because you can gain levels with them faster than Vanguard or Crucible?
Even the most guaranteed way of getting Ascendent Materials was still too easy. Our beatings will continue until morale improves.

I've literally been back and forth on buying this dlc for 3 weeks now. I finally thought that they were beyond making the playerbase grind for everything.

Thanks for making up my mind Bungie.

See ya'll in Destiny 2.

The worst part is that all this new grindy shit will have to be dealt with by everyone whether you get the DLC or not.

Weekly and Nightfall at 30 really sucks for people not at 30 yet since a burn can easily liquidate a team of 30s.

Should I wait for TDB to purchase a weapon from the Vanguard armory? The blog from Bungie says new legendary weapons will be available with higher damage. Seems like all legendaries will be replaced with stronger versions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom