• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what Bungie and James Cameron have in common??

Serious question:
Where can I find a list of all the missions, strikes, etc. for the first DLC??

benjammin

Just.. wow. SO.

To get a full set of the new Vanguard/Crucible legendary armor, I need to grind out 4 new separate levels of rep to get a care package and the commendation inside. Actually no.. let's think about this differently.

1 exotic weapon, 1 exotic armor for light/maximum attack - let's ignore the fact that I'll probably be re-leveling a weapon.

So I need 2 more legendary weapons at a higher attack stat - and 3 pieces of legendary armor at the appropriate light/defense level - so at least 5 separate rep levels that I have to grind out with the vanguard/crucible for their tokens.

And they made sure that it would take longer to increase your vanguard reputation in the patch this week.

spyder_ur

At least let them run parts of it for drops. I wonder if upgrading an exotic armor to 32 will put you over the edge to 30 if you are 29 1/2.

I'm hoping this is the easy path for those of us who are 29s. Max light level goes to 36 or whatever the appropriate number is.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I mean yeah but who is gonna exchange their upgraded weapon and then just leave it un-upgraded afterwards? Of course you're gonna grind it out again and bring it up to max damage AGAIN...we all will, we're trapped!
I will not, for my maxed weapons, right up front, because leveling them takes considerably effect and my maxed Gjallarhorn (for example) is too valuable as it stands to go without during the process of upgrading it again. Reupgrading it will be more of a luxury to pursue when I have other items upgraded that can stand in for it reasonably while it's out of commission til wolfpack rounds are unlocked again.

Also Hawkmoon would be sad if I didn't upgrade it and I can't make it sad because it makes me so happy.
Hawkmoon is wonderful out of the box, so it will feel easier to reset than others IMO. Losing the random rounds and stat mods will suck mostly for pvp.

NastyBook

Shotguns running even more wild.
If there's no radar, those shotguns won't be running anywhere. They're gonna sit nice and snug in some random corner of the map, waiting for some poor schmuck to pass by. Will probably stay far away from that mode. With the way I get shit drops in Crucible matches anyhow, this shouldn't be a problem.

spyder_ur

Just.. wow. SO.

To get a full set of the new Vanguard/Crucible legendary armor, I need to grind out 4 new separate levels of rep to get a care package and the commendation inside. Actually no.. let's think about this differently.

1 exotic weapon, 1 exotic armor for light/maximum attack - let's ignore the fact that I'll probably be re-leveling a weapon.

So I need 2 more legendary weapons at a higher attack stat - and 3 pieces of legendary armor at the appropriate light/defense level - so at least 5 separate rep levels that I have to grind out with the vanguard/crucible for their tokens.

Maybe the tokens will be exchangeable between characters? I kind of doubt it though since marks are not.

coy

The weekly FunRun™ team is looking for a level 30 to fill a high probability alt spot tonight.

HM @ 9PM EST.

1) scarletham
2) Hoodbury
3) X-Frame
4) Appletz
5) ColonelOfCorn
6) "coy" (maybe) - or you!

Our #6 spot hasn't gotten back to me, hence the high probability of the alt filling the spot.

Only requirement is a good attitude, and the aforementioned level 30 part

I'm just now catching up to the thread as I didn't get to sleep til almost 2AM. If the alt spot has been filled, then it's all good. Otherwise, I am down to join.

I finally got VoC to drop from HM last night! Well, I actually got 2 to drop along with another Ice Breaker and a sparrow. I also saw 3 (!!!) Praetorian Foils drop after Templar for 3 different folks. Crazy as I had never seen even one drop during this time.

Fake edit: I have yet to read the article but it does not sound like good news at all. :(

Just.. wow. SO.

You're leaving out a key aspect though... that's to reach absolute MAX level. Which absolutely isn't necessary. And from the current indications we have about the next expansion, it's going to have the same level range as this one. So IF you get max level before that expansion.. every peice of gear/weapon in that becomes a sidegrade (again, if the info we have currently stays the same).

I really don't see the reason to be mad about how long it may take to get to max level. I honestly don't see that big of a deal behind re-leveling Exotics either, considering you would still be earning that xp playing the game anyways. But admitedly, I'm not one of the players that has a ton of exotics all maxed out. I have 3 primaries, 1 secondary, 1 heavy, all all three gear pieces for my class.

Oh right. they took out the "pay spin metal get rep/marks" too. Sheeeeeit.

The patch earlier this week was so good but in reality it was just to prepare us for these new awful systems.

I would rather farm planetary materials again than do all this shit.

I have to rank up with vanguard now to buy a weapon from them? I am a pretty high level with them already, does this make it harder for me to level again? does the requirments to hit next level go up as you level up or is it always 2500? or whatever it is?

deejsouog.png

I'm out. Bye, everyone.

I'm actually disappointed that Deej just confirmed my opinion of him. He's nothing but an overly pretentious PR mouthpiece. This tweet clearly shows what I feel he's saying between the lines of his long winded, overdone weekly posts.

"We're 'listening', but you are wrong. We're right. How can we not be right? We're here basking in the glow and warmth of our rightness!"

Whoever thought this guy is good at communicating needs to rethink their stance.

Jinjo

This weeks update had be believing bungie knew what they were doing for a second.

I'm literally questioning myself if the Bungie devteam has people on it who actually play games. Like who in their right mind comes up with this and thinks: "this is fun". I just don't even....

HighOnPCP

I will not, for my maxed weapons, right up front, because leveling them takes considerably effect and my maxed Gjallarhorn (for example) is too valuable as it stands to go without during the process of upgrading it again. Reupgrading it will be more of a luxury to pursue when I have other items upgraded that can stand in for it reasonably while it's out of commission til wolfpack rounds are unlocked again.

Hawkmoon is wonderful out of the box, so it will feel easier to reset than others IMO. Losing the random rounds and stat mods will suck mostly for pvp.

Yeah ok that makes sense too. I guess I just spend too much time with this game I can almost level up an exotic in a day with all the bounties etc. but I totally get your point.

And about Hawkmoon yeah that is true, it's already so nice without any upgrades and luckily I rarely play PvP. Now we just have to wait and see how and if Xur will have Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo etc. upgrades.

My love/hate affair with this game has been so surreal...I have been at both extreme ends of the spectrum within the span of the last week.

Enough's enough though.

I'm just now catching up to the thread as I didn't get to sleep til almost 2AM. If the alt spot has been filled, then it's all good. Otherwise, I am down to join.

I finally got VoC to drop from HM last night! Well, I actually got 2 to drop along with another Ice Breaker and a sparrow. I also saw 3 (!!!) Praetorian Foils drop after Templar for 3 different folks. Crazy as I had never seen even one drop during this time.

Fake edit: I have yet to read the article but it does not sound like good news at all. :(

Ah, sorry! Nope, you're in for tonight - that post got buried in wake of the news :)

purg3

slept with Malkin
I have to rank up with vanguard now to buy a weapon from them? I am a pretty high level with them already, does this make it harder for me to level again? does the requirments to hit next level go up as you level up or is it always 2500? or whatever it is?

It stays the same. Like someone just posted, I'm going to get my Vanguard and Crucible rank on my characters close to max and then stop, so come the 9th I can buy 4 pieces of gear right away.

You rank up Vanguard/Crucible (unsure about factions). Get a Vanguard/Crucible commendation. You use it along with marks to buy one of the new legendary weapon/armor after that you need to rank up again and get another commendation to buy another piece of gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's always the same after rank 3

Yes indeed, thank you my friend. Lucked out with the chest piece as well, so I can now (well, when I have that upgraded) hit 30 any way I like, which feels awesome since I love switching builds..

Gotta get your foot in the door!

Nice!

Yeah it will be kinda neat to try playing the Raid with another class for the first time. I need to learn WoL for it asap. I'm currently pouring experience into that perk right now so shouldn't take much longer.

Where's the spot in Exclusion Zone everyone farms at? I need a place to knock out those major/ultra Cabal bounties efficiently.

Finally, there will be a point to Glimmer. The only problem I have with the update is the reset of xp on exotics is really poorly executed and BS. They should have simply tacked on more nodes to unlock for each piece of equipment so all the time spent upgrading it and all the shards and energies poured in don't go to waste. Furthermore, you have to stop using your favorite weapon until you power up the new version which potentially puts you at a large disadvantage and takes away a decent portion of what you find fun in the game. This is assuming you don't have a second version but it's a real head scratcher why they chose this path of progression. Oh well, at least it's just exotics and I don't have many of those I care enough to upgrade anyway. I wonder how this update will impact a special legendary like The Supremacy from the Queen's quests though, I love that weapon.

Level 29's am fucked?

Apparently since we weren't lucky enough to receive the gear we needed in the raid we're now being punished further by having to waste our time and probably some kind of in-game currency buying gear that our friends received for free through pure randomness.

In addition we just won't be able to do some of the stuff we paid for in the DLC til we jump through however many hoops in order to obtain the gear and then level it up. $35 well spent!

I can't believe they let me fucking buy spin metal and use marks to upgrade stuff that doesn't really matter a few days later.

I would never have upgraded some of that stuff, if I had knows the process for exotics after DB.

also you can only lead a raid if you are level 30? fucking LOL I have a 30 but only by pure fucking luck, none of my friends have been that lucky.

Frenden

Banned
I'd even be okay with the same amount of leveling to get max stats out of my existing exotics all over again IF the perks weren't reset. Just add damage bubbles that need a ton of XP. Anything but making the guns feel like crap all over again.

Stockholm'd.

Time to finally beat Shadows of Mordor and other backloggery. It was very fun raiding with yall the past few weeks. I do still need 2 more for tonights HM raid then after that I'm done until DLC. Even then I'll only be on for DLC/weeklies and Crota raid. Not pouring any more grind if they reset our crap.

spyder_ur

hm, i wonder if it immediately improves base light for armor.

That's one of my questions as well. Everyone seems focused on weapons, which is cool, but I'm mostly buying this to do the raid with the nice folks from here. To do that I need to get to 30. They said there was a path and I'm still curious to find out what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom