• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can live with it, but its complete bullshit that I sharded exotics to hit that last bubble on some exotics only to be told a few days later, it will be reset again soon.

that is COMPLETE shit by anyone's standards.

I think this is a bigger issue. I mean, what in the actual fuck. Their communication or lack thereof is head scratching.

spyder_ur

Okay, then from what I can tell, the new non-raid, non-RNG method to hit ~31 is getting the new fancy vendor gear. If there is another method - please, I need to know.

Oh man.. I just realized that the vendor gear is locked down by three (!!!) separate gating mechanisms. Have the appropriate rep level (2 for armor, 3 for weapon), have the appropriate amount of marks (100 weekly cap), and have a token to purchase. Even if you didn't care about raiding, that's some serious dedication to slowing player progression.

You're speaking my language Ridli. It just seems so convoluted.

If the story stuff leads to armor upgrades to get me to 30, that will ease things a lot. But something tells me there's no level 30 helmet at the end of that rainbow.

Happy to admit if I'm wrong, though.

Namikaze1

The scenario you described makes it seem as if every Destiny player deserves a new exotic they don't have each week.

That is not the case. I have not had a need for Xur for a LONG time. No one is catering to my needs. Believe me that Bungie would rather have people tempted to purchase the DLC and not make sure everyone has a Gjallarhorn.

Xur is not your friend. He's a dick.
Sigh. I'm not talking about offering players what they want. You know what. Just forget it. I'm done.

E92 M3

I've said this before and will say it again, Bungie doesn't value our time. Very sad to say because I obviously play this game a lot. Unlike in most games, we are punished for playing the game as we should. Bungie doesn't feel hungry about entrapping us in their game with cool features and items - they think we'll play no matter what they do. Might be their Achilles heel.

I can live with it, but its complete bullshit that I sharded exotics to hit that last bubble on some exotics only to be told a few days later, it will be reset again soon.

that is COMPLETE shit by anyone's standards.

But if the weapons improve in power what the problem? Exotics start at 273 now and go to 300 when leveled costs you shard, Want to continue using that weapon on current content? fine upgrade it, weapon goes to 302 and max's at 323 or whatever. Seems fine to me, its your choice as the player to do this. having to level it again just seems part of the course.

cilonen

I just realised motes of light are now purely for cosmetics and emblems as they've taken the engram out of Xur's wares.

Well done Bungie! (/sarcasm)

flkraven

It's completely clear that Bungie should have communicated this right when the last update hit. Instead, they updated how exotics are upgraded, let people dismantle their exotics to hit the last upgrade node, and a few days later tell everyone that was stupid and pointless.

Frenden

Banned
so what are you guys doing in-game now? I was going to dump xp into my two other mythoclasts, and maybe an invective or bad juju but there doesn't seem to be any more point to it until the dlc hits.

I was leveling Bad Juju, but that clearly makes no sense any more. I can get characters close to a Vanguard rank-up and hit my mark caps, but anything else will be a waste at the moment.

Messiek

It's completely clear that Bungie should have communicated this right when the last update hit. Instead, they updated how exotics are upgraded, let people dismantle their exotics to hit the last upgrade node, and a few days later tell everyone that was stupid and pointless.

Yeah! That's where the mistake is . A lot of people just fully upgraded some exotic because of the patch, and now it doesn't matter.
Just poor communication with the community.

X-Frame

So VoG raid weapons will be left behind?

That really sucks, but I guess expected. Even though it's only been 3 months, it sucks.

Deku Tree

Yes. Along with the only way to get primary raid weapons. 32 level confirmed.

I replied to you way back but it was the last post on one of the pages.

Yup. And you can only get raid primaries from the hard raid.

Total crap. more false advertising. quit putting a weapon in your ads bungee it's not even gonna be available until January that you're going to have to get until March or April anyway

Strider

Game informer said it will level up faster. How that works out in whatever equation they use I don't know the exact XP.

Likely less XP.

As of now I don't think it's safe to assume that. By "level up faster" they could easily just mean les overall materials since asc. materials are no longer required.

I for one hope it's a massive decrease in experience though that's for sure. I played an entire week with the monte carlo trying to get the experience to max that out.

zewone

Sigh. I'm not talking about offering players what they want. You know what. Just forget it. I'm done.

I know what you meant. You're describing a scenario where someone is using Xur as a crutch to level up.

Xur sold Sunbreakers, Voidfang Vestments, and Armamentarium for weeks.

If they really cared about using Xur as a means to keep the playerbase around, they're doing a terrible job of it already. Adding DLC items would be par for the course.

Not sure if I should spend most of my motes of light this Friday if they are taking out exotic engrams when the DLC becomes available

Ofcourse we are going to need them for the Trials of Osiris event too

As of now I don't think it's safe to assume that. By "level up faster" they could easily just mean les overall materials since asc. materials are no longer required.

I for one hope it's a massive decrease in experience.

Yes, if you re-read the GI article, that is what they meant by "now level up faster" That you no longer need ascendant mats. There does not seem to be any indication of an XP boost or reduced XP amount required.

Hiko

Banned
Why can't they just add more upgrade nodes to our existing exotics?

Literally makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense from their angle. They know their game is sparse on content, so they need to find other ways to make people keep playing. Their solution? Grind, grind grind. Grind rep, grind marks, grind ass mats, grind exotic shards, grind glimmer, grind the raid, grind strange coins, etc, etc.

If they allowed everyone to just upgrade an extra node on all of their current legendaries/exotics, then everyone would be at level 32 with 331 weapons within one week, tops.

Total crap. more false advertising. quit putting a weapon in your ads bungee it's not even gonna be available until January that you're going to have to get until March or April anyway

Dude the hard raid is level 33. Do you think anybody is going to be level 32 in a month? And yes it's only a month away

Ridli

that's a a fair assumption, but no one actually knows the answer to this for sure yet.

The Game Informer article states that Quest Lines in the expansion "often" reward players with items and uses a weapon as an example. If gear is offered, that's another way that a player could improve their gear level. We'll have to wait for more specifics though to be sure.

Guys I really hope so. I do. But based on the information provided so far actively reinforces a policy of slowed individual progression. I certainly don't feel like rolling an alt now.

Okay, so here's my current exotic list:

nqTIZLR.png

That's 20 x 7,000 glimmer: 140,000 glimmer
That's 20 x Exotic Shards for 7 strange coins: 140 Strange Coins

That's a hell of a lot of currency to just get 23 extra attack power/ 2 light. Heaven help you if you don't have the coins to afford buying everything you want that week.

Not to mention, you can only level one exotic at a time. OR that you need another 140 strange coins to get them to max attack power/light level again. OR that Xur is guaran-BLAM-teed to sell duplicates and not offer what you want when you need it. People are talking about holding off on upgrading the first time something comes around like Gjallarhorn. Well, Gjallarhorn has only come up once from Xur. If you miss it one week, there's no guarantee it won't be back til March 2015.

I for one hope it's a massive decrease in experience though that's for sure. I played an entire week with the monte carlo trying to get the experience to max that out.

You're right smh.

Quote:
With that said, the process of upgrading exotic items is now faster, and does not require ascendant materials. Instead, the last slot requires one additional exotic shard, as revealed in Monday’s patch.

It wouldn't be as bad if the upgraded exotics/new exotics had less attack upgrade bubbles. Like removing the first upgrade bubble and the fourth last upgrade bubble for weapons. Only three attack upgrade bubbles would be more bearable.

It's in the expansion so it's not false advertising. You should also be able to get secondaries and heavies from normal, so....

nqTIZLR.png

That's a hell of a lot of currency to just get 23 extra attack power/ 2 light. Heaven help you if you don't have the coins to afford buying everything you want that week.

Not to mention, you can only level one exotic at a time. OR that you need another 140 strange coins to get them to max attack power/light level again. OR that Xur is guaran-BLAM-teed to sell duplicates and not offer what you want when you need it. People are talking about holding off on upgrading the first time something comes around like Gjallarhorn. Well, Gjallarhorn has only come up once from Xur. If you miss it one week, there's no guarantee it won't be back til March 2015.

I don't fully level all of my exotics and I have all but one exotic weapon in the game (red death)

nqTIZLR.png

good fucking god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom