• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carn82

Does anyone know how many Exotics are in the game, and how many they are adding? If there is a comparable amount of awesome new Exotics, then I will most likely just use the fully leveled old Exotics to obtain and help level the new ones. I have no interest in leveling up using a gimped Exotic that I just spent a bunch of time upgrading to non gimped status.

I'm a bit disappointed that I will have very little motivation to level up my brand new VoC.

Same. Was about to shred that 2nd icebreaker until I read todays update. When IB#2 is maxed I`ll just donate the older one to an alt.

Yes, they can one-shot even from considerable range. If you aren't yet using a blue one though you're definitely in need of an upgrade :>

Are fusion rifles good he says, lulz.

Fusion rifles are infuriatingly one hit kills, at least when you start getting legendary fusion rifles with stupid perks, plus the range on them can be ridiculous.

alright lol, guess mine are pretty shit.

I share the sentiment with the majority of you...not looking forward to upgrading my stuff again. That said, it was naive to expect that it would be so straightforward to get your exotic stuff to the top tier of new content. Just not realistic to expect that there would be little effort involved.

My biggest gripe, currently, is that in the excitement of the new progression (buying mats with marks, etc) I dumped a fair amount of time and resources into upgrading my exotic weapons over the past few days. Spent marks, which I could have been saving for TDB Vanguard/Crucible gear. Dismantled some exotics for shards. All to upgrade weapons for what turns out is just a week of use. All to be canceled out if I wish to progress them further.

Knowing this was how it was going to work, this information absolutely should have been relayed to us with the most recent patch. There is no excuse, no sensible reason to have left us in the dark (no pun intended) about this. Just plain bad communication.

The bold is a legitimate complaint and should be the primary focus of discontent imo.

Does anyone know how many Exotics are in the game, and how many they are adding? If there is a comparable amount of awesome new Exotics, then I will most likely just use the fully leveled old Exotics to obtain and help level the new ones. I have no interest in leveling up using a gimped Exotic that I just spent a bunch of time upgrading to non gimped status.

I'm a bit disappointed that I will have very little motivation to level up my brand new VoC.

I couldn't tell you specific numbers but it's unlikely that they're adding an equal amount of new Exotics. I do think that the chance of the new Exotics being as good or better than the older ones should be decent though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Vex majors and "Predator and Prey" work for example, but the other day I was doing "It's All in the Head" and the number didn't go up the whole raid

Then they should rewrite the bounty text.

It's All in the Head: Kill 100 enemies with precision damage.
Vex Minds: Kill 10 Vex Majors or Ultras.

No mention of experience in either of them, and one works while the other (at least in that occasion) didn't.

You probably got the Vex Majors one during Gatekeepers, which is the only section where XP counts for some reason. Heck, the raid should give XP all the time, but I don't know why they decided that you shouldn't be able to level up during them.

ocean

Banned
Vex majors and "Predator and Prey" work for example, but the other day I was doing "It's All in the Head" and the number didn't go up the whole raid

Then they should rewrite the bounty text.

It's All in the Head: Kill 100 enemies with precision damage.
Vex Minds: Kill 10 Vex Majors or Ultras.

No mention of experience in either of them, and one works while the other (at least in that occasion) didn't.
No clue why but enemy kills in the VoG don't count for glimmer, XP or bounties except for the Majors that wake up when you hit the gatekeeper. Those do give XP glimmer and complete bounties.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Me right now
8tKu2Jk.gif

Ya'll wanted less grinding in the way of destination materials, now they drop the grindiest grind grinding grinder ever, you reap what you sow!

Everyone wanted faster alternatives, now come the super roadblocks lol

I'm taking it in stride, there was a reason I kept stockpiling shit left and right for this purpose

Hiko

Banned
Let's say you currently have 3 standard legendary armor pieces and one exotic all maxed. That gets you level 29. After you upgrade that exotic piece to level 32, what level would your character end up at? Surely at least 30 right?

So when we get to finally upgrade an exotic armor piece, I wonder if it will scale the intellect/discipline/strength, or if we get screwed with another random stat that's already assigned to the new gear.

Xur is basically useless this week. There's no point in buying an exotic that you'll have to spend another 7 strange coin upgrading later. Unless he sells something like Ghorn, and you want to make sure you have the opportunity to later upgrade the gimped version when Xur feels like it.

Dude, Xur is going to sell Balahorn this week... just to piss us all off and make us come back to get it (for those that do not have it)

Highly doubt it will be equal to OG Destiny. Would love to be proven wrong since that is a sound way to continue on.

Strider

Player A has a maxed Ice Breaker.
Player B has an Ice Breaker with no upgrades at all.

They must go through the exact same grind to get the Ice Breaker to attack 331.

I just can't understand the logic here.

Hope this post ain't serious. Many hard raids wont take someone unless max weapons. And the ones that did accept them I regretted it because they felt like the weak link if they were L29

The post is completely serious. What you're describing is artificial gating created entirely by the playerbase. It happens quite a bit and it's definitely a serious problem and very, very annoying. However, you don't actually NEED to be max level to participate in raids and we have players in this thread that actively try to work against that type of attitude.

The only thing I can suggest is that you seek out the types of players who don't carry that attitude because there's really nothing that can be done to combat elitist players.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know what though... even with all this crap, I think I'd still be happy with these changes if it meant an increased vault size.

I guess I can dream. :(

You probably got the Vex Majors one during Gatekeepers, which is the only section where XP counts for some reason. Heck, the raid should give XP all the time, but I don't know why they decided that you shouldn't be able to level up during them.

No clue why but enemy kills in the VoG don't count for glimmer, XP or bounties except for the Majors that wake up when you hit the gatekeeper. Those do give XP glimmer and complete bounties.

Good to know. Thanks.

It's still a stupid design decision though.

Steroyd

I do find Destiny's new shifting economy interesting and gives importance to a thing you previously thought was trash and the thing you thought was really important is now useless. I kinda hope they keep this going.

Don't get me wrong, I like that Glimmer is an actual currency now, however, the whole reason people shat on Material farming from a great height was because of farming material, what's the point if I now have to farm glimmer because they put in a pathetic cap on it in the first place.

stb

Looking for a few for completing a hard raid starting at the templar...I have two 30s ready to roll. Anyone want to jump in with us at about 6:45 or 7pm eastern US time?

1. Greeny
2. dracovore

Just quote with your psn ID and I will add you from the PS app.

I'd like to join, and may have a pal that would, but we haven't done hard mode before, and are 29. Let me know if that works. We're already friends on PSN (Berried_treasurE)

Trakan

So when we get to finally upgrade an exotic armor piece, I wonder if it will scale the intellect/discipline/strength, or if we get screwed with another random stat that's already assigned to the new gear.

Xur is basically useless this week. There's no point in buying an exotic that you'll have to spend another 7 strange coin upgrading later. Unless he sells something like Ghorn, and you want to make sure you have the opportunity to later upgrade the gimped version when Xur feels like it.

Xur is useless every week from now on in that regard. He's not going to sell the upgraded versions of weapons/armor outright. He'll sell the old version and you'll have to put in the work to upgrade it.

If he has something you want, you need to buy it and then use him to upgrade it (when his stock allows you to).

Don't get me wrong, I like that Glimmer is an actual currency now, however, the whole reason people shat on Material farming from a great height was because of farming material, what's the point if I now have to farm glimmer because they put in a pathetic cap on it in the first place.

I think the designers were hoping that players pop more +glimmer items while they're doing their normal PvE activities like Dailies, Weeklies, Patrols, etc..

Korten

Banned
Xur is useless every week from now on in that regard. He's not going to sell the upgraded versions of weapons/armor outright. He'll sell the old version and you'll have to put in the work to upgrade it.

If he has something you want, you need to buy it and then use him to upgrade it (when his stock allows you to).

He won't even sell the new versions? Wow... This is just... Is Bungie drunk?

Dave1988

Reposting this from the other thread since I didn't get an answer.

Dave1988 said:
Can anyone explain to me where are you getting the "reset exotics will start with 302 ATT" thing from?

Is it from this?

destiny-4th-horseman-exotic-shotgun-stats.jpg

If it's this then I'd like to point out that this isn't a fresh exotic with no upgrades as indicated by the unique perks being highlighted in white (unique perks that aren't unlocked are grayed out). Seeing as both the perks are unlocked, the gun must have at least one damage upgrade unlocked.

Well at least you don't have to go out of your way to farm glimmer. Just use a glimmer item and proceed to play the game as you always would.

When I rebuy an exotic armor do I keep my stats?

I have a max discipline Praxic Fire. I got really lucky with my drop and my roll. Will I get to keep it? Or will it give me a new one with random rolls?

Greenymac

I'd like to join, and may have a pal that would, but we haven't done hard mode before, and are 29. Let me know if that works. We're already friends on PSN (Berried_treasurE)

Nah man Sorry. Im on a time frame and I just wont have time for people in experienced with hard raid right now...

Frenden

Banned

I have a max discipline Praxic Fire. I got really lucky with my drop and my roll. Will I get to keep it? Or will it give me a new one with random rolls?

That's a great question. I don't think we have a definitive answer.

Coconut

Banned

Honestly the material stuff never bothered me you could WISELY get a buncha bounties and farm material and come out on top real quick.

hydruxo

Reposting this from the other thread since I didn't get an answer.

New exotic weapons start at a base of 302. Any old exotic weapons that you upgrade will also have a base of 302. That photo isn't a screen from the game, I don't think either one of the perks are actually unlocked on that gun.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Good question. I assume that the only stats that would change would be the defense/light level. Would definitely like clarification though.

Jinjo

According to Deej on twitter Xur will start selling the powered up version of exotics (not the upgrade option, the actual exotic) starting next week. Might be better waiting on Xur to restock an exotic instead of spending glimmer and shards. You're gonna have to do the xp grind either way.

Messiek

I can't wait for 'House of wolves' now.
They should use a disclaimer : "All the grind you make towards this DLC will be useless in the next one"

According to Deej on twitter Xur will start selling the powered up version of exotics starting next week. Might be better waiting on Xur to restock an exotic instead of spending glimmer and shards. You're gonna have to do the xp grind either way.

just to piss everyone off its going to be Horn or Icebreaker and probably heart of praxic this week.

Steroyd

According to Deej on twitter Xur will start selling the powered up version of exotics starting next week. Might be better waiting on Xur to restock an exotic instead of spending glimmer and shards. You're gonna have to do the xp grind either way.

Xur to sell Gjallahorn this week confirmed.

It only makes sense after Solar Burn came back this week.

ocean

Banned
Nah man Sorry. Im on a time frame and I just wont have time for people in experienced with hard raid right now...
Yo shame you left when you did. We got that down quick yesterday afterwards. Props to Draco and his crazy relic skills. Btw if you're trying again today: I saw a video with a strategy that looked interesting.

5 on top + relic holder hides in the cubby hole (the one people use to kill weird Oracle). He has an awkward but doable shot at Templar with his super from that room and worst case, he can drop to use his super then climb back up there.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom