• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

So... should I not level up my exotics? Is there really no reward/compensation for upgrading a fully leveled item? Can't decide what to do, now. I have some buffed exotics I want to use, but the progress is now moot on the chance Xur offers upgrades for them this or next weekend.

And this is exactly where most of us are now, after the bombas dropped today. I'm not even looking forward to Ghorn anymore...well done, Bungie.

Strider

That's the point of the reset instead of just getting extra nodes at the end. You trade off the higher Attack Rating for the Mods. You already know how the mods will perform, so upgrading current Exotics is a known quanitity vs the Unknown Quantity of how the mods will effect the new Exotics.

You get to keep your weapons at higher effeciency but you don't get Beastmode perks right away. Or you can keep your Beastmode perks and have a lower Attack Rating.

Here's my question though. Would you (you meaning anyone who doesn't like this current system) like this system more if it did only add 3 more nodes at the end but it still took the total XP cost of upgrading to get there? I.E. If it takes 200k xp total to max a current Exotic, would you be happier if those last three nodes still took 200k xp to unlock?

For me. Nah. Lower that number too100k experience and yea. I'm good with it. 200kjust takes way too long.

Willing to pay someone to SharePlay and complete my Thorn bounty. Even with Gaffers helping me as much as they can in Crucible I just suck so bad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
vex mythoclast base power is 279, so I wouldn't upgrade it unless you want it maxed right now now now. presumably the difference between 323 and 331 isn't that noticeable even at the highest difficulty level so whatever, but there's also no particular rush to max it out before tuesday that I can imagine.

lunlunqq

I say fuck it! Let's worry about Bungie's stupid decisions after the DLC hits. For now let's just raid!!!

Fresh HM raid, starting ASAP. Lvl 30 Titan. Psn: lunlunqq.

1. Lunlunqq

Please msg/add if you are interested.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I say fuck it! Let's worry about Bungie's stupid decisions after the DLC hits. For now let's just raid!!!

1. Lunlunqq
2. Kadey1up

No mic.

I guess in the downtime until the expansion, it's just farming items and getting certain things just for the hell of it. I'm going to try and max out my marks before then.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.

Fresh HM raid, starting ASAP. Lvl 30 Titan. Psn: lunlunqq

Sent an invite on Psn. Level 30 sunbro

spyder_ur

1. Lunlunqq

If you'd take a 29 Titan with maxed VoC, horn, corrective measure, Hawkmoon, etc. I'd be down. If you're looking for 30s that's cool too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
iron banner gear should go up to the new plateau if you re-roll (reforge) them again when the next one comes through. no idea if that's how that'll go, just saying it would be a good way to handle it.

I'm way behind after being in NYC for the last 2 weeks.

Can somebody please summarize the controversy regarding exotic weapons re: the latest update for me? I thought it was all good news, weapons that needed buffing getting buffed finally.... :(

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
vex mythoclast base power is 279, so I wouldn't upgrade it unless you want it maxed right now now now. presumably the difference between 323 and 331 isn't that noticeable even at the highest difficulty level so whatever, but there's also no particular rush to max it out before tuesday that I can imagine.
But it IS worth maxing out, right? Why would you say to not max it? Currently no other exotic is really worth maxing.

Can somebody please summarize the controversy regarding exotic weapons re: the latest update for me? I thought it was all good news, weapons that needed buffing getting buffed finally.... :(

the good news hit monday: http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---12012014/en/News/News?aid=12433
buffed weapons, purchasable farming mats, bug fixes on top of the previous update's UI improvements

the controversial news hit today: http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442
everything was grind

hang on, so iron banner and vault of glass legendary weapons will be obsolete now?

The update specifically mentions they will be obsolete. Even better, you won't be able to get Primary Weapon drops from Crota's End Raid until January. Have fun...

CREMSteve

They're giving you an option to lvl your exotics to an even higher lvl, but to do so you start the progress tree over again.

Hyun Sai

I don't mind re-levelling my exotics as long as the base damage is already 300.

The important thing is that they'll be on par with the most powerful weapons of the expansion.

2 Ice Breakers and 1 Suros upon my 3 characters will be less than 1 week.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I don't mind re-levelling my exotics as long as the base damage is already 300.

The important thing is that they'll be on par with the most powerful weapons of the expansion.

2 Ice Breakers and 1 Suros upon my 3 characters will be less than 1 week.
Yeah, you mean as long as Xur is selling them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Willing to pay someone to SharePlay and complete my Thorn bounty. Even with Gaffers helping me as much as they can in Crucible I just suck so bad.
Get two people. Play rumble. Have the other two people run into your sniper rifle over and over again.

(Get spammed with hate messages from the other players, but what can you do because the Thorn bounty sucks)

Get two people. Play rumble. Have the other two people run into your sniper rifle over and over again.

(Get spammed with hate messages from the other players, but what can you do because the Thorn bounty sucks)

I'm with two gafers right now. I feel like they will laugh at me. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
But it IS worth maxing out, right? Why would you say to not max it? Currently no other exotic is really worth maxing.
let me take a step back, how much have you invested into it? I'm saying if you're close, the difference isn't going to be that big so go for it, if you're not, no reason not to redo it for the new max; I don't consider the mythoclast one of the exotics that has game-changing perks, it's pretty solid at what it does out of the box.

I have just about unlocked Zen Moment on mine, which is very nice, but not enough for me to be willing to keep pouring xp into it from bounties or whatever, and didn't take me that long to get there.

the good news hit monday: http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---12012014/en/News/News?aid=12433
buffed weapons, purchasable farming mats, bug fixes on top of the previous update's UI improvements

the controversial news hit today: http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442
everything was grind

Sweet ****ing christ.

So if I have a fully levelled Vex, Hardlight, and armor, I'm going to need to spend currency to drop them back to zero and level them up again?

The update specifically mentions they will be obsolete. Even better, you won't be able to get Primary Weapon drops from Crota's End Raid until January. Have fun...

star-trek-mind-blown.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's the easiest way to do it. Assuming you get like 15-20 kills per rumble match, you'll be done in a few matches.

I'd quit and find a new rumble game after each one though, or the other players are going to be pissed. lol

Ghazi

Let's not forget that the PI is bugged and TLW has wonky hitboxes after the balance update!

Sweet ****ing christ.

So if I have a fully levelled Vex, Hardlight, and armor, I'm going to need to spend currency to drop them back to zero and level them up again?

Yep.

forrest

formerly nacire

1. Lunlunqq

Yo 30 Hunter maxed weapons

Mazre

This might all be a little easier to swallow as well if the games attribute mechanics weren't so muddy. Been playing since launch and I have no idea how to value attack as a statistic. Correct me if I'm wrong please, attack does the following:

In PvE: Reduces the damage penalty incurred when attacking a higher level enemy
In PvP: Same + effectively negates the advantage gained by increasing defense (iron banner only)

What I don't know however is the extent which attack has an effect in either case. To be more specific given a 1 level differential, how much does x attack reduce attack penalty by? How does absolute light level effect this scaling, does a light level 28 receive a greater reduction to penalty vs a 29 with 300 attack than say a 29 vs a 30?

This is further compounded by the mess of player attributes and the UI. We've got a mix of bars and numbers and never more than half of the full information we should have.

phen0m24

I am unsure how much my PVP-dominant first born would charge you, Byron.

You should have seen him with it in PVP today, he was like

"I almost feel sorry for these guys.." LOL

wish I could say that...once

Daemul

Does anyone know what is available to non-dlc owners next week? I want to wait a few days first to see how all this shit is implemented first before making my purchasing decision.

From the Bungie blog I'm guessing that everything except the new story missions, strike, raid, raid weapons/armour, the new exotics(though I'm not sure on this anymore) and crucible maps are the only things behind paywall? If so, then I can wait a few days, I'm in no rush.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
let me take a step back, how much have you invested into it? I'm saying if you're close, the difference isn't going to be that big so go for it, if you're not, no reason not to redo it for the new max; I don't consider the mythoclast one of the exotics that has game-changing perks, it's pretty solid at what it does out of the box.

I have just about unlocked Zen Moment on mine, which is very nice, but not enough for me to be willing to keep pouring xp into it from bounties or whatever, and didn't take me that long to get there.
How do you redo it for the new max? It now has a max of 323 standard. Xur won't be selling the Vex so there is no way of 'redo'ing' the weapon. Is there a way that get the Vex up to the new max that I'm unaware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom