• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no misinformation. Only overreactions from the community. Yes he really said that. Just let that sink in. It's amazing how clueless these guys are.

The misinformation was apparently gamers not lapping up the new changes. Deej later apologized for insulting our intelligence.

It's real.
What a mess. So we'll be able to do the exchange come Friday or is it being implemented at a later time?

Hyun Sai

I actually think that 323 may be the true max attack level and the 331 figure we're seeing on promotional stuff is from when the weapons were still in testing.

We'll see on Tuesday.

Oh, well if it's true, Vex users have nothing to worry about, but I'm starting to wonder if 23 attack is worth the trouble for other exotics.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I don't think it works that way.

Xur doesn't have to sell the Vex to propose the Vex upgrade. They are 2 different things.
It does work that way, according to everyone in here. That's why guns like the Hawkmoon will be outpaced going forward, because Xur won't sell the gun. Consider what Xur does as a gun replacement, not an upgrade. If he doesn't sell it, he can't replace it.

X-Frame

Xursday will be interesting this week.

I'm curious to see what Bungie provides him with. It would be hilarious if they put out the same repeats along with a repeat gun like Truth or something.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thx guys. We are 5 strong already. One more and we are good to go!

Why not add Zocano?

And.

This is what happens when a medicore player like me gets a hold of Thunderlord.

ipgVoQI5g28XF.png

so confused, how would you upgrade it otherwise?

The way I understand it, Xur will continue to sell what he always has.

What's new is that he will offer what looks like 16 or 20 (I forget) various armor and exotic 'upgrades' each week. It's a mixed bag selection and there's no reason at all why Mythoclast won't be in there. Everything should be in that offering eventually, but he does have to offer it in that bunch for you to upgrade it.

Those upgrades aren't the actual weapon and are of use only to those who already own it.

I logged in to do daily bounties and realized there's no point since I was just doing them to upgrade my exotics :/

Really close to finishing Plan C--oh...

Almost there with The Last W--oh...

Getting there with Thorn--oh...

Finally finishing second Ice Bre--oh...

Deku Tree

I'm curious to see what Bungie provides him with. It would be hilarious if they put out the same repeats along with a repeat gun like Truth or something.

If Xur sells Gjallahorn with max 300 attack on this Friday would people buy it?

Lima

It does work that way, according to everyone in here. That's why guns like the Hawkmoon will be outpaced going forward, because Xur won't sell the gun. Consider what Xur does as a gun replacement, not an upgrade. If he doesn't sell it, he can't replace it.

The picture in the blog update showed the Bad Juju so of course he can upgrade weapons he doesn't sell. They are dumb but not that dumb.

Ghazi

Xur won't sell the Hawkmoon or Monte Carlo because it's platform exclusive. And, as far as we know, Bungie only pushes Xur's stock to all four platforms with a master list (like they do daily missions and weekly strikes). The Mytho is in all versions of the game and IS fair game for upgrade.

However, I don't believe it'll get an upgrade option because it is already over 300, now.

Strider

damage control week. Gjallarhorn and Praxic Fire. I'll buy both then promptly log off until they
hopefully :(
change the way exotic upgrades work

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The picture in the blog update showed the Bad Juju so of course he can upgrade weapons he doesn't sell. They are dumb but not that dumb.
Haha, they aren't? You sure? I hope you're right, but I'm upgrading my Vex now regardless.

Upgrade options are also 'for sale' options, are they not? And he has never sold a raid weapon.

GhaleonEB

Huge thanks to Geneijin and Pickman for taking my daughter Natalie through the weekly heroic, you guys rock. She had a great time and those strange coins will go a long ways toward getting her raid-ready.

Unintended side effect of Sony exclusive content is that loot will be left in the dust even though a system exists for its progression.

I logged in to do daily bounties and realized there's no point since I was just doing them to upgrade my exotics :/

Really close to finishing Plan C--oh...

Almost there with The Last W--oh...

Getting there with Thorn--oh...

Finally finishing second Ice Bre--oh...

Yup. I'm now sitting on 7 bounties and im just gonna wait till next week

Daemul

I have no idea how Bungie are going to deal with Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo. People are going to be mad if you have to wait for a new drop.

Dirtbag

This seems like the perfect time to start on a second character since upgrading things and trying to get to level 30 seems counterintuitive now till the dlc drops.

Isn't that how this game works? My leveled up legendary gear is better than my raid gear right off the bat til I level up the raid gear. It shouldn't be any different here with weapons but Bungie seems to think its worth making us grind through it again.

The difference is the change in vertical progression. If the gear in the base game stays defacto better than the new gear, then there's no incentive to get the new gear. They're extending the life of the current Exotics. If they're better right off the bat, then the new stuff becomes an afterthought.

Resetting every exotic back to zero will have the exact same effect though. People are going to focus on upgrading their most favourite exotics first before even paying attention to the new exotics, especially since the new exotics aren't super amazing and in some cases, completely lacklustre.

I don't think it's fair to say that the new stuff isn't "super amazing" when we've yet to see how they will perform yet. Thorn was looked at as worthless initially and then people realized the DoT was really effective in PvP (even before the recent buffs). Gjallarhorn wasn't known to be powerful until people unlocked the mods and saw it in action. So the new Exotics may not seem to be great at first glance but I think we need to actually try them out in the game before anyone can say that and be certain.

Hyun Sai

I have no idea how Bungie are going to deal with Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo. People are going to be mad if you have to wait for a new drop.
It's pretty simple in fact. They just have to reset every Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo to the upgraded version.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Wouldn't Gjallarhorn always be a max 300 weapon? I don't think the stats of the weapons change after the expansion comes out. Don't you still need to take it to Xur?
Once the patch hits, I believe new exotic drops will have the upgraded damage property available.

Wallach

man, there really should be some kind of visual designation of guns that had been upgraded over the game's lifespan compared to recently dropped and upgraded. need that swag for my hawkmoon.

Almost like you could look at a player's gear and tell where they came from and what they've done along the way. I feel like I heard that line somewhere once.

Deku Tree

Wouldn't Gjallarhorn always be a max 300 weapon? I don't think the stats of the weapons change after the expansion comes out. Don't you still need to take it to Xur?

No the exotics will not change but the new ones that drop or that Xur sells will have higher attack values after dec. 9.

E92 M3

There is an expression in business: No such thing as a free lunch. It's exactly the scenario we have here - the cost of obtaining destination materials at an easier pace is the extra treadmill with exotics.

The difference is the change in vertical progression. If the gear in the base game stays defacto better than the new gear, then there's no incentive to get the new gear. They're extending the life of the current Exotics. If they're better right off the bat, then the new stuff becomes an afterthought.

This makes no sense to me. Exotic gear is exotic, it's supposed to be the best and still be roughly on par with other exotic gear, and being base game or DLC shouldn't change that. The reason you pick up a new exotic should be because you like the new one's perks/abilities etc, not because you're shoe horned into it because of a higher damage stat. The whole thing about choosing which exotics you're gonna use is part of the strategy. Doesn't work anywhere near as well if you class some below others. They should be split by thier ability, not because they're DLC

Good Raids today ya'll! Got Fatebringer, a 2nd Vex (to let Xur upgrade I guess) another Patience & Time and Warlock Helmet and Guantlets so I'll have 3 level 30s when The Dark Below hits.

Just hoping I'll have enough EXP from bounties to hit 30, or I'll need to run Tiger strikes. How much EXP do those drop?

Deku Tree

If that was the case then they should apply to current ones as well since it's the same item. I don't believe that's how it works.

That would be total crap. So if an exotic drops for you in Nightfall after Dec. 9 you have to decide whether to level it right away or to wait who knows how long until Xur is selling its upgrade in order to reset its progress and become a premium exotic?

wow you got pretty far, nice.

a few gaffers and i did something similar and boosted rumble for the queen's headshots too. depending on the map it's a lot easier.

484! This last match should do it. We just keep meeting at a certain spot and change spots as the other players catch on.

Woop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom