• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i was able to keep my Wolf Pack rounds on Gjallajorn for example, then yes having 200k xp on the last nodes is ok. This way the weapon would still be viable for two weeks while your are leveling those last nodes. Using a Gjallajorn without Wolf Pack is complete garbage. Essentially, while you are re-leveling it (and it takes a long ass time) it is worse than many legendary rocket launchers.

YES I would because that's fair for EVERYONE

I would take that.

For me. Nah. Lower that number too100k experience and yea. I'm good with it. 200kjust takes way too long.

Ok. So the primary issue (for most) seems to be lost access to the mods rather than the length of time it takes to get to Max level.

However, if the system worked this way.. allowing you to keep your mods instead of losing them... wouldn't that make your current Exotics better than any potential new Exotics right off the bat?

McArkus

I say fuck it! Let's worry about Bungie's stupid decisions after the DLC hits. For now let's just raid!!!

Fresh HM raid, starting ASAP. Lvl 30 Titan. Psn: lunlunqq.

1. Lunlunqq

Please msg/add if you are interested.

Lvl 30 Titan defender with max weapons, PSN: McArkus

Complete the daily and Use a Xur telemetry right before it ends. Turn in ten bounties at once. Go put the item in the vault and change to another character. Repeat the process (without telemetry, it's not needed) and the exotic item is fully leveled from scratch.

Definitely won't take you 24 hours.

This really isn't as big a deal as people are makin it out to be.

Yeah it's no big deal for maybe one or two weapons but to relevel all of my weapons? And I can only do one at a time? No way dude. Plus it takes way more than 24 hours. Trust me I have leveled an exotic in 24 hours and it takes way more effort than just playing normally. And the daily heroic mission does not apply XP to your weapons. Only armor

Daemul

Does anyone know what is available to non-dlc owners next week? I want to wait a few days first to see how all this shit is implemented first before making my purchasing decision.

From the Bungie blog I'm guessing that everything except the new story missions, strike, raid, raid weapons/armour, the new exotics(though I'm not sure on this anymore) and crucible maps are the only things behind paywall? If so, then I can wait a few days, I'm in no rush.

I'll post this for the new page

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That doesn't work. I tried. It is easier to just do it yourself.
It's how I got 250 points toward my bounty anyway. Also the matches end faster because you win so quickly.

You just have to play it like you play Control.

"I'm hiding by A." Then they run to you and you shoot them. Rinse and repeat.

I just.... I don't get it. Bungie used to be such an intelligent, player-experience focused company. Not one person stood up and said... 'uh, no, this is not acceptable, we need to find another way'?

REALLY?!

The best part is that people working at Bungie hated grinding for materials in the game. And also couldn't get raid armor to drop for them after playing the raid over and over again. It's like no one there knows what they are doing.

Lima

I went to watch Interstellar again to calm down a bit. Then I read the update on Bungie.net just now. My pulse is now at very high levels again.

As someone that has every single exotic gun the Xbox version has to offer in the vault and all of them at 300 I will say fuck you Bungie.

I have over 21 days worth of play time across my three characters. I will play the new raid with each of them once because I'm still very excited for experiencing it with my friends but after that I will drop out.

This is so fucked up that I don't even have words for this. To call the tweet from Deej insulting would be an understatement. The new patch this Monday was so exciting, one big step forward and now like 30 steps backwards.

Ok. So the primary issue (for most) seems to be lost access to the mods rather than the length of time it takes to get to Max level.

However, if the system worked this way.. allowing you to keep your mods instead of losing them... wouldn't that make your current Exotics better than any potential new Exotics right off the bat?

Possibly, depends on how they balance the damage upgrades. This is why many have proposed just adding a new upgrade node instead of a wipe. Simple, easy to understand and most importantly, fair and respectful of time invested.

Rainmaker

Banned
All of these new currencies and such have my brain eeking out of my face holes. I had just talked my one friend who ever played into finally getting back into the game two weeks ago. Now he's going to hang it up again.

So... making sure I get this right: legendaries won't be able to level up? So my VoG raid armor and weapons are just forever stuck where it is at now?

Daemul

Having fully maxed out and godlike(praise GHorn) exotics has never stopped me from levelling new exotics before, I don't see why it suddenly stop me now with the new DLC.

Geneijin

That's the point of the reset instead of just getting extra nodes at the end. You trade off the higher Attack Rating for the Mods. You already know how the mods will perform, so upgrading current Exotics is a known quanitity vs the Unknown Quantity of how the mods will effect the new Exotics.

You get to keep your weapons at higher effeciency but you don't get Beastmode perks right away. Or you can keep your Beastmode perks and have a lower Attack Rating.

Here's my question though. Would you (you meaning anyone who doesn't like this current system) like this system more if it did only add 3 more nodes at the end but it still took the total XP cost of upgrading to get there? I.E. If it takes 200k xp total to max a current Exotic, would you be happier if those last three nodes still took 200k xp to unlock?
Or maybe Bungie could let us keep the functionality of the exotic while allowing us to increase its max potential damage with extra nodes instead of reverting it to a blank slate requiring a reinvestment of the original time it took to level the weapon and additional exp required to max its potential damage.

spyder_ur

I say fuck it! Let's worry about Bungie's stupid decisions after the DLC hits. For now let's just raid!!!

Fresh HM raid, starting ASAP. Lvl 30 Titan. Psn: lunlunqq.

1. Lunlunqq
2. Schwagger15 (29 Titan)
3. Kadey - (30 titan)
4. Forrest (30 Hunter)
5. McArkus (30 Titan)
6. YuriKerr (30 Sunbro)

Please msg/add if you are interested.

Added you on PSN - looks like we might be close to or at a full 6.

Edit: Just trying to help a bit...

lunlunqq

No mic.

I guess in the downtime until the expansion, it's just farming items and getting certain things just for the hell of it. I'm going to try and max out my marks before then.

Sent an invite on Psn. Level 30 sunbro

If you'd take a 29 Titan with maxed VoC, horn, corrective measure, Hawkmoon, etc. I'd be down. If you're looking for 30s that's cool too.

Yo 30 Hunter maxed weapons
Thx guys. We are 5 strong already. One more and we are good to go!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All of these new currencies and such have my brain eeking out of my face holes. I had just talked my one friend who ever played into finally getting back into the game two weeks ago. Now he's going to hang it up again.

So... making sure I get this right: legendaries won't be able to level up? So my VoG raid armor and weapons are just forever stuck where it is at now?
Yes, but I think this is overblown. You're always going to have to get new gear for the new end game content. That's just how MMOs work, even if they insist that Destiny isn't an MMO.

I suppose that's why all the new raid weapons are just the old raid weapons with new raid specific perks.

Possibly, depends on how they balance the damage upgrades. This is why many have proposed just adding a new upgrade node instead of a wipe. Simple, easy to understand and most importantly, fair and respectful of time invested.

It still presents the problem of say.. Gjallarhorn only needing 3 damage nodes vs. Shark Rocket Weapon needing the same amount of XP but having to earn it's Mods.

Having fully maxed out and godlike(praise GHorn) exotics has never stopped me from levelling new exotics before, I don't see why it suddenly stop me now with the new DLC.

But that's because you already had Gjallarhorn fully leveled. In the case I'm talking about, both Gjallarhorn and a new Exotic would need 200k XP to be maxed out. But one would have mods already on while the other still has to earn it.

It seems pretty obvious that people would favor their current Exotics first and formost and only level new Exotics once their current ones were maxed. Or at least their favorite current ones.

NastyBook

Holy Headshots with a Monte Carlo, Batman! That buff was NOICE. Still lost H2H to a fucking Shadow Price, but it's MUCH better now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How do you redo it for the new max? It now has a max of 323 standard. Xur won't be selling the Vex so there is no way of 'redo'ing' the weapon. Is there a way that get the Vex up to the new max that I'm unaware of?
if xur doesn't sell it you are of course correct.
This might all be a little easier to swallow as well if the games attribute mechanics weren't so muddy. Been playing since launch and I have no idea how to value attack as a statistic. Correct me if I'm wrong please, attack does the following:

In PvE: Reduces the damage penalty incurred when attacking a higher level enemy
In PvP: Same + effectively negates the advantage gained by increasing defense (iron banner only)

What I don't know however is the extent which attack has an effect in either case. To be more specific given a 1 level differential, how much does x attack reduce attack penalty by? How does absolute light level effect this scaling, does a light level 28 receive a greater reduction to penalty vs a 29 with 300 attack than say a 29 vs a 30?

This is further compounded by the mess of player attributes and the UI. We've got a mix of bars and numbers and never more than half of the full information we should have.
it's a far more punishing penalty at the level breakpoints, as this is an across-the-board percentage damage penalty rather than an equation involving the weapon's impact, enemy types, etc.

A 30 with a non-maxed Gjallarhorn is incomparably more useful than a 29 with a maxed Gjallarhorn in the same role. A 29 wielding the relic can't even one-shot Hobgoblins

Well yeah, they will be. off the bat it's a difference of 2 attack points, there's no doubt they're better if the perks are at all important to the gun. if you want to raise it to the new power plateau you sacrifice the perks.

Or maybe Bungie could let us keep the functionality of the exotic while allowing us to increase its max potential damage with extra nodes instead of reverting it to a blank slate requiring a reinvestment of the original time it took to level the weapon and additional exp required to max its potential damage.

It's not just that. It's tied to freaking Xur. So random offering once per week for 2 days. Be prepared for Voidfang over and over and over and Gjallarhorn only one.

Deku Tree

My Mythocast is at 323 attack since yesterday. Today I learn that to go to 331 attack I have to reset the upgrade tree and start over... Would I even care about the difference between 323 and 331 attack for all that grinding?

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Thanks. We are full! For those of you who just added me, could you please join my party? I just added a bunch of person and now I could tell which one of you are new in my friend list. Sorry....

Joined the party..

Isn't that how this game works? My leveled up legendary gear is better than my raid gear right off the bat til I level up the raid gear. It shouldn't be any different here with weapons but Bungie seems to think its worth making us grind through it again.

Daemul

But that's because you already had Gjallarhorn fully leveled. In the case I'm talking about, both Gjallarhorn and a new Exotic would need 200k XP to be maxed out. But one would have mods already on while the other still has to earn it.

It seems pretty obvious that people would favor their current Exotics first and formost and only level new Exotics once their current ones were maxed. Or at least their favorite current ones.

Resetting every exotic back to zero will have the exact same effect though. People are going to focus on upgrading their most favourite exotics first before even paying attention to the new exotics, especially since the new exotics aren't super amazing and in some cases, completely lacklustre.

So apparently the Midi I got dropped from the crucible, instead of having two of them, it completely replaced the one I already had. And because of that I ended up with only one and the previous which had near max stats was overridden. WTH. That's BS. Must be a glitch.
Haha. Just saw this. Apparently you were getting started early on the new system.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
My Mythocast is at 323 attack since yesterday. Today I learn that to go to 331 attack I have to reset the upgrade tree and start over... Would I even care about the difference between 323 and 331 attack for all that grinding?
No, you can't get the Vex to 331 because Xur will never sell it and allow you to upgrade. Your Vex is maxed.

Lima

So is the weapon exchanging program thing for real? Heard Deej say there was some misinformation about that matter.

There was no misinformation. Only overreactions from the community. Yes he really said that. Just let that sink in. It's amazing how clueless these guys are.

Deku Tree

So if I buy whatever exotic weapon Xur is selling this weekend will it need to be further upgraded by Xur to reach its full attack value or will it be a premium exotic?

Daemul

I actually think that 323 may be the true max attack level and the 331 figure we're seeing on promotional stuff is from when the weapons were still in testing.

We'll see on Tuesday.

Zocano

Well, I still want/need to do the Hard Raid so who is up to start another group? Don't really care which level you are, I just want good play.

edit: My PSN is Zocano if you want to add me directly.

1) Zocano
2) -
3) -
4) -
5) -
6) -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom