• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAAAAAAAAFF TOOOOOO STROOOOOOOONG

That shit was ridiculous. I had 4.5 k/d and was last on the team, I just spent most of the time running around an empty map, tripping over bodies riddled with TLW holes. I don't know how many rounds we played, but I know for sure we were undefeated the whole time. Maybe 12 or 15-0?

I really need to learn how to use that TLW, any secrets to your success? I've heard conflicting opinions on whether or not to ADS, or does it just depend on proximity to target?

EL CUCO

Anybody know if picking up a factions package after ranking up gives XP?

I still have all my Iron Banner bounties, some other 5k XP Vanguard one's, PE packages, and now a faction package that hasn't been collected because I'm saving them for my Ghorn

I still have all my Iron Banner bounties, some other 5k XP Vanguard one's, PE packages, and now a faction package that hasn't been collected because I'm saving them for my Ghorn

Hey man its been awhile since I played with you and your boy, how have you been? Still strong on Destiny I see haha

Deku Tree

I think they all give 5k exp. But I haven't tested it. I know the public event package gives 5k exp.

Strider

That shit was ridiculous. I had 4.5 k/d and was last on the team, I just spent most of the time running around an empty map, tripping over bodies riddled with TLW holes. I don't know how many rounds we played, but I know for sure we were undefeated the whole time. Maybe 12 or 15-0?

I really need to learn how to use that TLW, any secrets to your success? I've heard conflicting opinions on whether or not to ADS, or does it just depend on proximity to target?

I ads almost 100% of the time when on the ground. I hip fire while in the air...seems to work better that way for some reason. A lot of the time I can get 2 head shots n and they'll try n hide around the corner. I double jump right before the corner and hip fire to finish them off a lot. You can actually see me attempting that in Zoba second sniper clip he just posted lol he sniped em tho.

I also never fire full auto. I always tap the trigger quickly unstead. More accurate that way and easier to get kills at mid range.

Jinjo

Next week mat economy & exotic buff patch: BELIEVE.

Also damn, Zoba is legit. I shamefully whore out Found Verdict and my Defender Shield in crucible to be competent.

Suros Regime too.

i don't have TLW skill on it yet, but so far i think it's overrated. the animation is distracting and there isn't enough ammo on it. maybe for 1v1s it's the king, but beyond that it's just for show.

is there anything that lowers the kick on the hawkmoon? if it had more predictable recoil i'd definitely give it the title of the best hand cannon for PvP. i'm the most comfortable with fatebringer because its recoil is more predictable.

Wait until you unlock TLW perk before calling it overrated. It's a great weapon. One problem I have though is that hip fire shots don't register sometimes. Don't know if it's a bug or just lag

Gaming side thread about the DLC will be nothing but drive by posts. Costs too much, not enough content, same content, raid boss is recycled assets, etc. Eww. I'll stay over here I think.

You're right that thread will be full of negative comments and sadly they're all true. As much as I love this game I feel like I'm encouraging things I hate about the current state of the industry by playing it so much

When I use it, I tend to only go ADS if they are medium range (or if they haven't really noticed me at short range, trying to get that headshot to begin with then do quick trigger shots instead of auto). Short range, it is full auto and hip fire into center mass. The recoil there drags me and gives me headshots often

Jinjo

Re: Handcannons

Hawkmoon is still king for me, I agree on TLW's clip size being too low and the reload speed is not quick enough on it to compensate. It's namesake upgrade with extra stability perk make it fun to use though. Don't have Fatebringer unfortunately, but the vendor TDYK is definitely the best PvE handcannon.

That might change for me though, I rolled my Timur's Lash to Spray and Play(increased reload on empty mag) + Flared Magwell (increased reload speed) + Crowd Control. Only have the first upgrade, it has a small clip, but damn it reloads quick on empty mag. Gonna be even better when ot nearly doubles the reload speed with that extra perk. Can also spec for Hammerforged, but the range is already pretty beastly. And DAT IMPACT. Looking forward to get Crowd Control unlocked on it + max damage.

Wait until you unlock TLW perk before calling it overrated. It's a great weapon. One problem I have though is that hip fire shots don't register sometimes. Don't know if it's a bug or just lag

i heard the fan fire was bugged

i'll put more points into it to see how it is with the upgrade. i hope it changes my mind because i'm juggling between primaries in crucible and want to find one that sticks.

I was dancing all around you trying to get those kills n the 2nd spree. I was like "Daaaaaaaaaaamn" lol

thanks for the assists :3

Frenden

Banned
Re: Handcannons

Hawkmoon is still king for me, I agree on TLW's clip size being too low and the reload speed is not quick enough on it to compensate. It's namesake upgrade with extra stability perk make it fun to use though. Don't have Fatebringer unfortunately, but the vendor TDYK is definitely the best PvE handcannon.

That might change for me though, I rolled my Timur's Lash to Spray and Play(increased reload on empty mag) + Flared Magwell (increased reload speed) + Crowd Control. Only have the first upgrade, it has a small clip, but damn it reloads quick on empty mag. Gonna be even better when ot nearly doubles the reload speed with that extra perk. Can also spec for Hammerforged, but the range is already pretty beastly. And DAT IMPACT. Looking forward to get Crowd Control unlocked on it + max damage.

I've upgraded three of six Lash with similar perks and Crowd Control on it is pretty great. My best rolls:

Outlaw, Field Scout, Crowd Control
Outlaw, Field Scout, Mulligan
Hipfire, Field Scout, Crowd Control

EL CUCO

Hey man its been awhile since I played with you and your boy, how have you been? Still strong on Destiny I see haha

Yoooo what up! Yeah still fighting the good fight for the Traveler lol I tried getting into COD:AW but I kept thinking about leveling up my gear/weapons and what not in Destiny. This game has a hell of a grip on me. HMU some time!

I think they all give 5k exp. But I haven't tested it. I know the public event package gives 5k exp.

Cool I'll save it just in case. Hopefully I'll finally nab that Gallajahorn tonight on our run. I'm ready to unload all this XP on it!

Zoba's rare sniper rifle is better than Praedyth's revenge since it has unflinching. I haven't found a sniper rifle with that perk since I started playing Destiny.

yep, i gave praedyth a spin but unflinching makes a huge difference; it'd be the best pvp sniper if it had it. i still use it in PvE but the hierachon is the only one i'll take into crucible.

i was lucky to find not one, but two. my first hierachon was solar and this one is void. made the thorn bounty a breeze.

yep, i gave praedyth a spin but the perk makes a huge difference. i still use it in PvE but the hierachon is the only one i'll take into crucible.

i was lucky to find not one, but two. my first hierachon was solar and this one is void. made the thorn bounty a breeze.

That's one thing I realized recently while trying to get my Titan to 20 is that some of the rare weapons are great for PVP where attack doesn't matter. Too bad I don't have vault space though

i heard the fan fire was bugged

Yeah it appears to be and that's unfortunate and infuriating at times. And I get what you mean by not having enough bullets. I would definitely wear gauntlets with fast hand cannon reload with TLW. That rate of fire and stability with hand cannon damage is pretty sweet though

I really hope they adjust/fix the scaling for solo strikes. I usually run the weekly solo as it's difficult to match schedules with my friend list. And trying to find randoms is an exercise in frustration.

I want my 9 coins.

Jinjo

I've upgraded three of six Lash with similar perks and Crowd Control on it is pretty great. My best rolls:

Outlaw, Field Scout, Crowd Control
Outlaw, Field Scout, Mulligan
Hipfire, Field Scout, Crowd Control

Nice, your first one was what I was hoping to get, but I only had one Lash from the previous banner and figured Spray and Play would do nicely even though it doesn't have Field Scout. Definitely looking forward to getting Flared Magwell. Was worried crowd control's usefullness would be limited due to the small mag, but I think the small mag might work in its favour now with Spray & Play. Luck in the chamber might have been a good perk instead of crowd control on this one too (again, small mag, insane reload). But knowing the RNG (and my limited motes at the time) in this game I am more than satisfied lol.

Stillmatic

Got a bloody legendary scout rifle for Nightfall. :( This one doesn't look too bad though:

Proxima Centaura II
- Luck in the chamber (random bullet does considerable bonus damage)
- Field Scout (max mag size, base is 14, not sure what this brings it up to)
- Firefly (precision kills, target explodes)

See how this goes when it's upgraded. Firefly reduces damage though doesn't it?

Got a bloody legendary scout rifle for Nightfall. :( This one doesn't look too bad though:

Proxima Centaura II

Field scout and luck in the chamber combo is no good but if it is that dead orbit rifle it should have a really fast reload.

Its explosive rounds that reduce damage not firefly (i think)

I really hope they adjust/fix the scaling for solo strikes. I usually run the weekly solo as it's difficult to match schedules with my friend list. And trying to find randoms is an exercise in frustration.

I want my 9 coins.

Not to be one of those guys, but I'm going to be anyway. Just hook up with a gaffer. I have about 150 gaffers on my friends list just from these threads, and just start up the Nightfall on Tuesday or Wednesday. Eventually (within 5 minutes tops) someone joins me. Then we almost always end up doing the weekly right after.

Last night the guy that joined me didn't even feel like waiting, so we joined another gaffer who was soloing it (Thanks Ashley_US!).

I don't think the Nightfall/Weekly Strike combo has taken more than a half hour since the first couple of weeks due to the learning curve.

Edit: You do have better luck on Tuesdays, but AM you have guys from the other side of the pond, early PM is full of East Coasters, and late PM the West Coasters come out to play.

Frenden

Banned
Nice, your first one was what I was hoping to get, but I only had one Lash from the previous banner and figured Spray and Play would do nicely even though it doesn't have Field Scout. Definitely looking forward to getting Flared Magwell. Was worried crowd control's usefullness would be limited due to the small mag, but I think the small mag might work in its favour now with Spray & Play. Luck in the chamber might have been a good perk instead of crowd control on this one too (again, small mag, insane reload). But knowing the RNG (and my limited motes at the time) in this game I am more than satisfied lol.

Totally. It's a good build.

I have one that's Return to Sender (25% of a kill returning ammo), Field Scout, Luck in the Chamber, too, but I'm conflicted about whether or not to use Field Scout with it.

Also, would Return to Sender bullets have a chance at that Luck bonus? So many questions for that gun, haha.

I have a Lash with Flared Magwell and Luck in the Chamber and it wrecks in Crucible. 127 for a headshot when it procs and the small mag synergizes with the Flared Magwell/LiTC combo.

I also have Field Scout with it, but I strictly use that for PvE.

k1t4j

List of prospective flawless raiders:

Lollipop (+ friend)
Greenymac
Boguester (FR)
Irawrsaurus (FR)
Galactic Toast
MandrakeUK
Hydruxo
SquallASF
Zoba (maybe?)
Konosuke
Duebrithil
Milkham
Dekutree
DjBlackice
Mind log
The log ride
Coyquettish
LordofPawn (FR) (+ friend?)
Byron Bluth
realcZk
Rodiard
Dhruv_Hanom
NeOak

The idea is that you use this list for finding people to raid with when you want the trophy but the list has gotten really big. There must be a better way of keeping this somewhere.... Hawk, would it possible to stick it in the OP?

Just add yourself in if anyone else wants in

May I get in on this?

PSN: kitaj84
Timezone: GMT+1
Availability: EVENINGS after 21:00 /weekends all day
Class: 30 hunter

Proxima Centaura II

I don't think firefly reduces damage. I Think that's explosive rounds

Stillmatic

Field scout and luck in the chamber combo is no good but if it is that dead orbit rifle it should have a really fast reload.

Its explosive rounds that reduce damage not firefly (i think)

Sweet, yeah it must be that. Impact, Range and reload are all pretty high. :) The only other perk on it that could take Field Scouts place is Armor Piercing Rounds for a little impact bump.

Edit: ^Awesome, Firefly is the good on then! :)

Not to be one of those guys, but I'm going to be anyway. Just hook up with a gaffer. I have about 150 gaffers on my friends list just from these threads, and just start up the Nightfall on Tuesday or Wednesday. Eventually (within 5 minutes tops) someone joins me. Then we almost always end up doing the weekly right after.

Last night the guy that joined me didn't even feel like waiting, so we joined another gaffer who was soloing it (Thanks Ashley_US!).

I don't think the Nightfall/Weekly Strike combo has taken more than a half hour since the first couple of weeks due to the learning curve.

Edit: You do have better luck on Tuesdays, but AM you have guys from the other side of the pond, early PM is full of East Coasters, and late PM the West Coasters come out to play.
I am as good at making friends online as I am in real life. :)

I ads almost 100% of the time when on the ground. I hip fire while in the air...seems to work better that way for some reason. A lot of the time I can get 2 head shots n and they'll try n hide around the corner. I double jump right before the corner and hip fire to finish them off a lot. You can actually see me attempting that in Zoba second sniper clip he just posted lol he sniped em tho.

I also never fire full auto. I always tap the trigger quickly unstead. More accurate that way and easier to get kills at mid range.

ADS or not with TLW depends on proximity. The range while hip firing is pretty bad but the precision damage is ridiculously high. At a distance treat it like any other hand canon with decent range. I've gotten 2 shot kills at close range with hip fire. It's so satisfying

Edit** oh and don't panick and hold auto fire if you feel like you don't have a chance to win a 1v1. Just aim for the head and control your fire

Awesome, thanks a lot for the pointers (edit: to both of you!). I'm so used to ADS that I probably need to rely on it when appropriate and then branch out from there. I can feel the potential, if only I could harness it...

ADS or not with TLW depends on proximity. The range while hip firing is pretty bad but the precision damage is ridiculously high. At a distance treat it like any other hand canon with decent range. I've gotten 2 shot kills at close range with hip fire. It's so satisfying

Edit** oh and don't panick and hold auto fire if you feel like you don't have a chance to win a 1v1. Just aim for the head and control your fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom