• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Just soloed the weekly 28: not too bad, just need an ice breaker, a good stream on the side, and lots of patience.
Will have to try to solo the nightfall, but I'll wait for my warlock alt to be 29 first.

Had a "am I stupid or what" moment when realizing for the first time that this knight shield they put in front of them to recover some health was solar and can be broken with a solar weapon. All this time letting them do and wait for them to finish their shit... '___',

Ourobolus

Banned
Just soloed the weekly 28: not too bad, just need an ice breaker, a good stream on the side, and lots of patience.
Will have to try to solo the nightfall, but I'll wait for my warlock alt to be 29 first.

Had a "am I stupid or what" moment when realizing for the first time that this knight shield they put in front of them to recover some health was solar and be can broken with a solar weapon. All this time letting them do and wait for them to finish their shit... '___',
What

yep, i gave praedyth a spin but unflinching makes a huge difference; it'd be the best pvp sniper if it had it. i still use it in PvE but the hierachon is the only one i'll take into crucible.

i was lucky to find not one, but two. my first hierachon was solar and this one is void. made the thorn bounty a breeze.

Yup. I faced a guy with unflinching on his sniper rifle and I couldn't touch him. Oneshots left and right. Been searching for a rare sniper with that perk ever since but no dice.

I think that's totally dependent on style of play. I prefer TLW but I've also seen people from gaf just destroy in PVP with hawkmoon

This post is #Truthfact.

I see the pros of both hand cannons and it really comes down to playstyle.

I have TLW. It is amazing and I hope when Hawkmoon comes out for us lowly XboxOne players that I can experience its dangerously awesome distance.

another pvp train? will be on in 10ish minutes.

I'm gonna eat dinner then get back on. Reserve me a spot? :D Wont be long

i'll be on in about 10-20 min. any of my bros still playing PVP?

Me and Steroyd just hopped out but Rubenov is still going strong and looking for team members. I will probably be back later tonight at some point (maybe).

Finally! That last upgrade bubble on Defender took forever haha.

Edit: Meant to post this earlier, but congrats Unknown!

Just got Hard Light for helping with that GK/Atheon Normal mode.

Is it hot trash or just normal trash?

From my experience, hot. I had it for awhile and god did it suck for me (and I wanted this gun so badly when the game first dropped).

Also bro let me know if you are doing hard mode raid anytime soon, I finally hit level 29 recently.

jett

D-Member
How can mindlessly farming like an imbecile for hours be a deliberate design of the progression in this game? I can't stand this. Bungie needs to make it so this shit drops all the time in the Crucible and so that you can buy it at a store.

Yeah Hawkmoon is your ranged Handcannon. TLW is for closer ranges. Hawkmoon can still 1 shot though.

I managed what I assumed was a triple bonus one shot in IB. Was perfecto.

That's just nuts. How often does that happen? I have a hawkmoon. I just don't use it in PVP

Can't stand the recoil and when it doesn't proc, it's no different than any other HC imo.

Yeah the recoil + the sound + the winged sights. Seems like there's just too much going on when Im trying to kill someone. Maybe I'm just not used to it. Love using it in PVE though (fatebringer though)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This post is #Truthfact.

I see the pros of both hand cannons and it really comes down to playstyle.

I have TLW. It is amazing and I hope when Hawkmoon comes out for us lowly XboxOne players that I can experience its dangerously awesome distance.
Hand cannons in general in Destiny are sofuckinggood. there's something for everyone
That's just nuts. How often does that happen?
I worked it out last thread,

There's a 0.04% chance of it happening per 13-round clip :p

People I just raided with many thanks! Apols for going AWOL at the start. My little girl decided to cry and I had to settle her. Then it was a case of remote play to the gate keeper.

I got the usual haul of shards and energies. Then rngesus blessed me with the chest piece I need for 30! Also got hard light from atheon.

Considering we had never played together before we ripped through it. Atheon had no chance!

Deku Tree

Just got Hard Light for helping with that GK/Atheon Normal mode.

Is it hot trash or just normal trash?

I have it unleveled. It's alright. Better than a legendary AR. Fun to use. It has a unique sound. Just not as good as suros, and not the best choice for your exotic slot.

How can mindlessly farming like an imbecile for hours be a deliberate design of the progression in this game? I can't stand this. Bungie needs to make it so this shit drops all the time in the Crucible and so that you can buy it at a store.

but they have no problem dumping blue and orange shaders on you non-stop in the Crucible.
how many of these have you gotten?:
Gilgamesh, Cicero, Beowulf and Achilles ? All different variations of Orange, Blue with some white in there. LOL

Mupod

every time this 'don't die in a strike' bounty comes up I get tons of dipshits who sit afk and think I'm going to solo the place for them. Does this happen to anyone else? I just leave.

Man I really hope the new material economy is dropping soon. I have so much stuff to upgrade and the thing that is holding me back the most is stuff like spinmetal etc. Haven't upgraded most of the guns on my alts to the max due to the material requirement, even though I am swimming in energy.

Farming is so fucking boring. Just lemme play strikes.

I don't know have they said anything about a new economy? Wouldn't get my hopes up

Hand cannons in general in Destiny are sofuckinggood. there's something for everyone

I worked it out last thread,

There's a 0.04% chance of it happening per 13-round clip :p

Hand canons are the shit in destiny and that 0.04% is interesting. If it happened more often than that it would need a nerf

Mattiator

I got the Hezen Vengeance last night.
I have two copies of the truth and have not been blessed with a ghorn yet.
I play pve most of the time is it worth my time to upgrade the truth or the h vengeance?

I got the Hezen Vengeance last night.
I have two copies of the truth and have not been blessed with a ghorn yet.
I primary place pve is it worth my time to upgrade the truth or the h vengeance?
truth for void burn/shields, HV for solar burn/shields. truth takes up an exotic. you never see solar burn since ice breaker was put on sale (and all secondary/heavy exotic bounties are solar). solar helps on annoying wizards. void helps on annoying minotaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom