• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Hezen Vengeance last night.
I have two copies of the truth and have not been blessed with a ghorn yet.
I play pve most of the time is it worth my time to upgrade the truth or the h vengeance?

Truth has tracking which is awesome but Hezen Vengeance does more damage, can hold 3 rounds in magazine and doesn't take up an exotic slot. Up to you

LiK

I got the Hezen Vengeance last night.
I have two copies of the truth and have not been blessed with a ghorn yet.
I play pve most of the time is it worth my time to upgrade the truth or the h vengeance?

get tracking for truth and three slots for HV

realcZk

Still looking to do a hard Raid. Level 30 sunbro with maxed out weapons, other lvl 30s preferred.

PSN: El_Bombastico
I'm down, got a friend. He's 30 but I'll be 29 if that's cool with you, got two other 30 chars but really need it on my lock :)

Psn is bytestyle

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Forgot to make my Weekly Activities post this morning, damn!

Newbie raid is on Thanksgiving this week! An hour later than usual this week to give people a chance to polish off their turkey and stuffing and still make it ;)

I feel like there was someone who asked in OT10 to be in the newbie one this week and I totally forgot to jot it down :( Please quote this post or PM me if I've forgotten you! Otherwise, there are 4 spots open I believe.

Wednesday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Static Hard Raid
1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. ColonelOCorn
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

Hope to see you guys all there! Squall can't make it this week so Colonel is graciously filling in. :)

These are streamed, so tune in and watch my almost-certainly-embarrassing deaths!

Thursday, 9:15PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Thanksgiving Food Coma Newb-Friendly Normal Raid
1. OPEN
2. Hawkian
3. JeRkY
4. Dave_6
5. the_log_ride
6. Sh0g0nai27

These runs are for people kinda new to the raid, brand new to the raid, or just not confident/comfortable with all aspects of it yet. Anyone can attend except those who were in it the previous week. If you've raided before, we'll focus on giving you roles you're NOT comfortable with, to get a little more experience and improve as an overall player. Lots of hands will touch the relic!

Very laid-back atmosphere, please bring your most patient self, our (many) wipes will be opportunities to laugh and figure out what went wrong, rather than getting frustrated or blaming anyone at all. :)

Please quote this post and post your PSN ID if you want in for tomorrow's raid! It is first come first serve, so please make sure to quote something from this post so that I can see it easily.

These are streamed, so please Opt-In in the PSN Party settings if you'd like to be able to be heard by the viewers (of course if you'd prefer not to be then just don't opt-in). For those that tune in, I always try to narrate the general strategies and offer tips in a way that can be helpful even if they don't necessarily apply to the group I'm running with at the time.

Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic

You guys know the drill here, I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

--

Again, please reply with your PSN if you want in for tomorrow's raid! Still 4 slots for the moment, and I'll put others down as alts if we go over.

Anyone up for a Nightfall run? I'd like to run it with my level 30 warlock then sneak in my wittle baby level 25 Titan before killing off Phogoth.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
DeeJ so far is holding true to doing one of these each week
DeeJ 17m ago
Too Long. Did Not Read:
- It's a short week at Bungie
- Happy Thanksgiving
- We're thankful for you (yes, you!)
- Bungie Store sale
- Patch Notes inbound soon

I don't see this shirt with the vault actually in the store at all
8owcKLk.jpg
kinda cool

Newbie raid is on Thanksgiving this week! An hour later than usual this week to give people a chance to polish off their turkey and stuffing and still make it ;)

I feel like there was someone who asked in OT10 to be in the newbie one this week and I totally forgot to jot it down :( Please quote this post or PM me if I've forgotten you! Otherwise, there are 4 spots open I believe.

1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. ColonelOCorn
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

Hope to see you guys all there! Squall can't make it this week so Colonel is graciously filling in. :)

These are streamed, so tune in and watch my almost-certainly-embarrassing deaths!

Thursday, 9:15PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Thanksgiving Food Coma Newb-Friendly Normal Raid
1. RetroMG
2. Hawkian
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

These runs are for people kinda new to the raid, brand new to the raid, or just not confident/comfortable with all aspects of it yet. Anyone can attend except those who were in it the previous week. If you've raided before, we'll focus on giving you roles you're NOT comfortable with, to get a little more experience and improve as an overall player. Lots of hands will touch the relic!

Very laid-back atmosphere, please bring your most patient self, our (many) wipes will be opportunities to laugh and figure out what went wrong, rather than getting frustrated or blaming anyone at all. :)

Please quote this post and post your PSN ID if you want in for tomorrow's raid! It is first come first serve, so please make sure to quote something from this post so that I can see it easily.

These are streamed, so please Opt-In in the PSN Party settings if you'd like to be able to be heard by the viewers (of course if you'd prefer not to be then just don't opt-in). For those that tune in, I always try to narrate the general strategies and offer tips in a way that can be helpful even if they don't necessarily apply to the group I'm running with at the time.

Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic

You guys know the drill here, I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

--

Again, please reply with your PSN if you want in for tomorrow's raid! Still 4 slots for the moment, and I'll put others down as alts if we go over.

I would like to do the Noob Normal Raid please, the guy that lead us quit twice so I never got to finish it :(

Got a level 29 Warlock

PSN: JeRkY

1. RetroMG
2. Hawkian
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN
thanks man

stb

Fresh hard raid?

Psn: Router_Go_Vroom

Still looking to do a hard Raid. Level 30 sunbro with maxed out weapons, other lvl 30s preferred.

PSN: El_Bombastico

I'd love to join either raid, but am not quite level 29 (Titan, both subs maxed). I've done normal raid a few times and know the general ins and outs. Have IB (maxed), truth, and ghorn, if any of that helps.

PS4 Berried_treasurE

nowai

Just got Hard Light for helping with that GK/Atheon Normal mode.

Is it hot trash or just normal trash?

I highly enjoy the way it looks and feels to shoot.

Having said that, in practice, it's not worth the exotic slot. If it overpenitrated Phalanx shields or something fun, I could see using it. As of now, it's above average auto rifle, but not worth the slot.

Believe it or not, I have lusted for Hawkmoon for so long that I wasn't that excited when Fatebringer dropped for me in the raid yesterday.

Today I leveled up Fatebringer.

It does God's work.

Ghazi

Got a bloody legendary scout rifle for Nightfall. :( This one doesn't look too bad though:

Proxima Centaura II
- Luck in the chamber (random bullet does considerable bonus damage)
- Field Scout (max mag size, base is 14, not sure what this brings it up to)
- Firefly (precision kills, target explodes)

See how this goes when it's upgraded. Firefly reduces damage though doesn't it?

The only things I have ever gotten from the Nightfall have been either coins (once) or f'ing FWC weapons. I got the entire FWC weapon collection from the Nightfall, as well as multiples. THE ONLY FACTION I BOTHERED TO LEVEL UP.

The Nightfall is worthless, don't even understand the point of doing it anymore.

Thanks to everyone here on GAF who has helped out with the raids. Without you I'd never experience it and I sure as hell never would've gotten a Vision of Confluence. :) Looking forward to doing the raid regulary and try out the hard mode soon!

Dave_6

1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. ColonelOCorn
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

1. RetroMG
2. Hawkian
3. JeRkY
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

--

I'd like to be an alt for the Thursday raid if possible. I need to start doing the normal raid as much as possible as I'm way behind on doing it. Probably be harder to find folks on here to do it once the DLC hits.

EL CUCO

You guys were right.

Hard Light is trash as an exotic.

Suros set the bar too damn high.

Thanks to everyone here on GAF who has helped out with the raids. Without you I'd never experience it and I sure as hell never would've gotten a Vision of Confluence. :) Looking forward to doing the raid regulary and try out the hard mode soon!

Haha happy to help :) Have fun with that awesome weapon

rNilla

I was trying to dismantle the equipped one and forgot it was in the box where Goldspiral was. Sigh
I still think all purchased shaders should be available for repurchase from the Special Goods vendor. I simply don't have inventory room for all that purp.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah, Carbine's dropped out of tonight's raid. Need someone for Hard raid in 30 mins! 29 or 30 (damnit, wish I'd been able to hit 30 today)

switching to hand cannons has allowed me to be more mobile during encounters. i can jump and strafe around cover and still do significant damage from the hip, which gives me an edge in most 1v1 encounters.

now i just need to learn how to snipe when i jump.

Mattiator

You guys were right.

Hard Light is trash as an exotic.

Suros set the bar too damn high

I got a hard light last night from the raid and one today from the nightfall and the truth from a nightfall yesterday. The sad thing is those are the only exotic weapons that have dropped for me in a lot of playtime. I already had he truth. Sadly I always eagerly await xur.

1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. ColonelOCorn
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

1. RetroMG
2. Hawkian
3. JeRkY
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

--

I'd like to sign up for Friday's Weekly Heroic Strike! I'd like to try and get the 9 strange coins if that's cool. Add me my PSN is:
Cooi_Breeze

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd like to sign up for Friday's Weekly Heroic Strike! I'd like to try and get the 9 strange coins if that's cool. Add me my PSN is:
Cooi_Breeze
No need to sign up for these, but I'll shoot you a friend request now!
Will you take a 29 Warlock with maxed weapons?
Hell yeah, I mean, we need to fill the spot! Have you done the hard raid before? Post your PSN if you want in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom