• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
I'm thinking it might be time to get out even if they double back on this decision. They repeatedly demonstrate that they either don't understand the player base or don't care about them. Entering into a decade long fight with a community manager isn't a meta game I'm interested in.

But the core shooting mechanics are so good. :(

Lima

Man look at that Just chilling guy defending all that shit. Just as clueless as the guys at Bungie. Maybe you can work for them as a community manager. I hear they are in need of those to communicate better so people don't get wrong opinions.

I'm thinking it might be time to get out even if they double back on this decision. They repeatedly demonstrate that they either don't understand the player base or don't care about them. Entering into a decade long fight with a community manager isn't a meta game I'm interested in.

It's like Jon Stewart said about Fox News: they're either evil or stupid but it has to be one of them.

NastyBook

Fresh Normal Mode Raid

1. GibbShift
2. DaveS78
3. GhostFaceDon
4. rayuma
5. ArkkAngel007

Got one spot left. First to quote gets in.

But if we want to use the items we enjoy we are forced to do this:

DLC maxed exotic with higher dmg is here - top
Vanilla maxed exotic is here - middle
Brand new unlevelled Exotic is here - bottom

If anyone who has already maxed their favourite exotics wants to use them at max potential they have to now go:

Bottom
Middle
Bottom
Middle

While those who haven't put as much effort in get to go

Bottom
Middle

If you're talking about attack It goes:

DLC Maxed Exotic/Upgraded Maxed Vanilla Exotic - Top
Brand New Unlevelled Exotic/Upraded Unlevelled Vanilla Exotic - Middle
Non-upgraded Maxed Vanilla Exotic - Bottom

This could be different depending on how valuable the mods are in the Vanilla Exotics vs the mods in the DLC Exotics.

It's not ok because we got to enjoy it for x amount of time, because we earnt that enjoyment by going through the arduous levelling process already.

We're not earning any unique new experience by forcing ourselves through the levelling process again. We're simply earning a little more damage that will let us use our favourite gear in higher level content, but for the privilege of that we're forced to go through what we've already been through. And levelling gear is very, very dull. This isn't vertical, this is sadistic.

I don't know how much clearer this can be written.

Some please help me here! :(

You're already going to be leveling new Legendary gear to gain greater Light Levels anyways. The only difference is you can't do multiple Exotics at once. Which was the case in the first place.

Zakalwe

Banned
The solution is so damn simple. Just make us work for an upgrade item that can be applied to any exotic rather than resetting anything.

Exactly.

Vertical progression intact.
Player investment intact.

We're still forced to grind to progress further, and we will because that's what we do (god help us), but we at least get to enjoy it as best we can with the weapons we already earnt.

Everyone wins.

ocean

Banned
Yeh man. Further head bashing would make me even more insane.

Too tied and pissed off to see sense. I have no idea why I put myself through that.

Thanks guys.

You did more than the rest of us cared to haha, good game :p You were very clear in your argumentation, I'm surprised it kept going for as long as it did. It's even more surprising that someone thinks this shit is cool but oh well.

Geneijin

I disagree that it's the same opporunity cost question that one would face if they don't reset the perks. Because the perks are the primary advantage in any given Exotic since Legendaries reach the same max Attack potential.
What makes you think this was the best choice in terms of vertical progression and the alternatives only horizontal progression then?

shem935

Banned
Exactly.

Vertical progression intact.
Player investment intact.

We're still forced to grind to progress further, and we will because that's what we do (god help us), but we at least get to enjoy it as best we can with the weapons we already earnt.

Everyone wins.

They are already making a new mat to grind for with radiant energy and shards. Use those along with new bubbles to upgrade exotics because the speaker says they have more of the travelers light blah de blah blah.

Rainmaker

Banned

Yep. They still haven't even fixed some of the original problems and keep adding on to them every time I think they're going in the right direction. Sucks because this game has so much potential and the shooting mechanics are phenomenal. Hopefully they get their shit together before Destiny 2.

Us not getting what this game should have and could have been is one of the biggest disappointments ever when it comes to video games for me. I'm really starting to believe this game will always be in the state of us hoping for the next patch to fix some of their own crap.

Daemul

I've decided, I'm only going to re level the weapons I use the most(Red Death, Ice Breaker, Ballerhorn) and the exotic armour I use the most(Helm of Inmost Light and Helm of Saint-14(when it eventually drops ;_;)) and leave the rest to rot in a state of perpetual level 300ness until Bungie inevitably change this system.

I can handle re levelling 5 of my exotic items, not 20+ of them.

EL CUCO

This was the first night in a very long time that I dont fire up Destiny after getting home from work.

All this BS made me feel like I needed a day off, so I'm watching Edge of Tomorrow with the Mrs and going to bed.

The Traveler can piss off, tonight.

What makes you think this was the best choice in terms of vertical progression and the alternatives only horizontal progression then?

I'm not saying it's the best choice actually. I'm saying it's not the worst. It's an attempt at a middle ground.

Looking at Gaffer 140.85's suggestion, that seems like another option. Though depending on implementation, that could piss people off as well.

To me this whole thing seems a lot like the anger people felt about Engrams when the perception was that decryption was the best or only way to progress. Bungie ended up tweaking it but not scrapping it. That could very well happen here as well but I think a lot of the anger is misconception.

Does anyone recognize the helmet on the top row of the items he's selling, and the weapon to the right of it?

xur_upgrades.jpg

Daemul

That's...a good point. Having to deal with Bungies inability to learn from their past mistakes for the next 10 years doesn't sound appealing.

Korten

Banned
Fucking crucible, so terrible. Just need to get 3 wins, thus far I've won only one and on like a lose streak of 8 or so. Every time we get close to winning, it gets ripped right from us. I can't even just kill two enemies left in the back. Once these bounties are over, I'll never take a crucible bounty again. It's literally one of the worst competitive MP's in a long time.

shem935

Banned
So as someone with 42 coins and no weeklies left to do what should I focus on? When looking at what xur is selling I count 7 exotics I would want to upgrade. I also count 3 exotics I would want to buy. Do I ignore the upgrades and buy the new stuff and risk not being to upgrade my weapons later? Or miss new gear that might never drop for me?
Fucking gallahorn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What happened?

Need some fun injection amongst the arguing
embarrassed ourselves at the gorgons, but besides that, and a hall-of-fame walk off a cliff with the relic by me, we wouldn't have wiped a single time from oracles through the end. atheon in 3 quick rounds, killed him with gjallarhorn to the face from the air.

Trace

Banned
Well I did the raid today and got Fatebringer and Gjallerhorn. I'm more hype to play Destiny than I was before, I don't know how they do it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I got the Universal Remote last night from the raid and I can't figure out what instance I would use this gun.

Does anyone use it?

Strider

I got the Universal Remote last night from the raid and I can't figure out what instance I would use this gun.

Does anyone use it?

No not for any higher level play lol It's one of those "for fun" exotics. You wouldn't use it in any demanding setting like the raid, nightfall, etc.

Trace

Banned

Does anyone use it?

It's pretty strong in PvP if you are a Warlock or a Hunter with blink. Can kill people from across the room pretty easily.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
No not for any higher level play lol It's one of those "for fun" exotics. You wouldn't use it in any demanding setting like the raid, nightfall, etc.

Ok that's what I was thinking. I was messing around with it on earth dojng patrols and it's kinda cool. But the range is almost non-existent and the fire rate isn't quick enough to make me use it instead of a normal shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom