• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as someone with 42 coins and no weeklies left to do what should I focus on? When looking at what xur is selling I count 7 exotics I would want to upgrade. I also count 3 exotics I would want to buy. Do I ignore the upgrades and buy the new stuff and risk not being to upgrade my weapons later? Or miss new gear that might never drop for me?
Fucking gallahorn.

I would do it like this:

1) Upgrade your primary exotics (what normally you use - ice breaker in my case)
2) Buy new exotics
3) Upgrade the rest

Only exception would be if you think the new exotic would take your primary exotic's place (like gallahorn).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Anyone on PS4 doing Nightfall right now? I think today's news successfully pissed off everyone I normally run with. :(

GhaleonEB

Search seems to be down again. I couldn't find any of your PSN ID's in the friends search. :\

I'm Ghaleon_EB on PSN (note the tragic underscore).

Edit: reloading it worked. I'll shoot off a few requests.

stb

Need 3 for a hard mode clear - we are on the Gatekeepers. Join on spyder_ur. Help me get my first hard mode clear!

Anyone interested?

EDIT: Scrapped it. So close to getting a hard clear. If anyone wants to run it from Gatekeepers onwards tomorrow or over the weekend, let me know.

I would; I've never done hard, though. Let me know. Tomorrow or over the weekend is fine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Search seems to be down again. I couldn't find any of your PSN ID's in the friends search. :\

I'm Ghaleon_EB on PSN (note the tragic underscore).

Edit: reloading it worked. I'll shoot off a few requests.

Got your request! Genejin and Rehsa were before me if they want in.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Can someone help me with Xyor in about 30 mins? Need to get void 500 kills now. Atheon's Epilogue is so useless in PvP.

I can't for the life of me do any strikes with the Epic modifier on (heavily shielded enemies). I'm a level 29 and I can't even get past the first room of the Xyor strike.

I can shoot all I want, but I'll always die faster than when their shield breaks. And if for some reason I can break the shield I have to recover while the stupid wizard/knight recovers their shield back again. I end up losing ammo while accomplishing nothing

Trace

Banned
I can't for the life of me do any strikes with the Epic modifier on (heavily shielded enemies). I'm a level 29 and I can't even get past the first room of the Xyor strike.

I can shoot all I want, but I'll always die faster than when their shield breaks. And if for some reason I can break the shield I have to recover while the stupid wizard/knight recovers their shield back again. I end up losing ammo while accomplishing nothing

You really need to be using whatever element the shield is weak to. If you're in an epic modifier, you either need to be using a burn weapon, or the element that shield is weak to. For the Xyor strike, probably want to run an arc heavy and a solar special assuming you have no elemental primaries.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
If you still need the Gjallarhorn, you gotta get it if Xur sells it this Friday. If that Xur picture that's going around is any indication, he's still only selling one exotic per week. The chances of him selling it again any time soon versus the chance of him offering an upgrade are very small. Gotta buy it now and upgrade it presumably within the next couple weeks.

I'd definitely buy Gjallarhorn, even in its reduced attack stat form, if Xur is selling it this weekend.

I'm just wondering, but is it confirmed that the exotics that will drop after the DLC are going to start off at 302 attack minimum? Would be pretty neat, I still come across a duplicate exotic every now and then

NastyBook

Fresh Normal Mode Raid

1. GibbShift
2. Kidklovius
3. Raadius
4. Raadius' Friend #1
5. Raadius' Friend #2
6. Raadius' Friend #3

EDIT: Full

If you still need the Gjallarhorn, you gotta get it if Xur sells it this Friday. If that Xur picture that's going around is any indication, he's still only selling one exotic per week. The chances of him selling it again any time soon versus the chance of him offering an upgrade are very small. Gotta buy it now and upgrade it presumably within the next couple weeks.

Assuming it's there and you pick it up can't you just wait until he shows up next week and do the upgrade? I'm confused about whether you just do the upgrade or you need him to stock the particular upgrade you need.

Because that's insane

someday

Banned
I'm doing my third and final nightfall odd the week. Always prefer to have help just in case I die so come on in.

PSN - someday

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Looking for 4 for a hard raid. Starting as soon as we have enough. PSN Tokunbo.

1. Tokunbo
2. Turp
3. Iteroparity
4. Rubenov
5. Byron Bluth ?
6. Terrodactyl

Full.

Rubenov

Looking for 4 for a hard raid. Starting as soon as we have enough. PSN Tokunbo.

1. Tokunbo
2. Turp

I can do it... but I have an Atheon checkpoint and would like to start there. Afterwards, willing to start and help from beginning. PSN: Rubenov25 - Level 30 Warlock

This exotic upgrade news is brutal. My brother has every single exotic weapon, fully upgraded. Now he'll have to re-do every fucking one. lol unbelievable. I'm close to that, only 6 exotics I haven't fully upgraded. Plus all the armor, I haven't even thought about that yet...What an out-right terrible decision. They are clueless, just completely out of touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom