• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trace

Banned
This exotic upgrade news is brutal. My brother has every single exotic weapon, fully upgraded. Now he'll have to re-do every fucking one. lol unbelievable. I'm close to that, only 6 exotics I haven't fully upgraded. Plus all the armor, I haven't even thought about that yet...What an out-right terrible decision. They are clueless, just completely out of touch.

You're lucky they let you upgrade them at all.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Assuming it's there and you pick it up can't you just wait until he shows up next week and do the upgrade? I'm confused about whether you just do the upgrade or you need him to stock the particular upgrade you need.

Because that's insane

The picture showed like 8 or 10 exotic weapons in any given week that he'll let you upgrade. There's only so many exotics in the game, so the wait shouldn't be too long.

M3Rocket

Just got it! Onto Xyor!

I'm in the same boat with this bounty. Have it sitting in a bounty spot for almost 3 weeks because I loathe crucible. I finally went in this weekend, spent a little over an hour with three void weapons playing 5 control matches. I got 31 points out of 500 needed. Calculated the hours I needed to complete this bounty, and there's no way I'd incur that kind of torture.

How long did it take your method and how many people did you need? I have a clan member that is willing to help, but I was hoping to get an idea how long it would take so we can plan on a time.

The picture showed like 8 or 10 exotic weapons in any given week that he'll let you upgrade. There's only so many exotics in the game, so the wait shouldn't be too long.
Given how many times Warlocks have been screwed over by Xur you're being pretty optimistic to assume that there won't be repeats week after week

Hopefully Xur is updated this Friday instead of after the DLC hits, so we can get started on this process.

I'm thinking if I can get exotic gauntlets from him, combined with my raid helmet and chest and a new legendary set of boots, I'll be able to hit thirty shortly after the new content arrives. And that will feel good. Because I don't want to face Crota as a #forever29!

Trace

Banned
I'm in the same boat with this bounty. Have it sitting in a bounty spot for almost 3 weeks because I loathe crucible. I finally went in this weekend, spent a little over an hour with three void weapons playing 5 control matches. I got 31 points out of 500 needed. Calculated the hours I needed to complete this bounty, and there's no way I'd incur that kind of torture.

How long did it take your method and how many people did you need? I have a clan member that is willing to help, but I was hoping to get an idea how long it would take so we can plan on a time.

Just grab a friend, go into Rumble and kill him for like 30 minutes. That's what I did with my friend and it seemed to take no time at all.

hydruxo

Anybody here leveled up a character 1-20 with pretty much nothing but crucible? I just made my 3rd char and I really don't want to run through the story missions again

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that was fun as hell Ghal and Moridhin XD a part of me honestly wanted to keep trying "as is," without grabbing the good stuff from the vault, it was reminding me of the old days when I had to struggle against a burn instead of leveraging it. didn't wanna keep you guys all night though ;)

3 of us in rumble, you can only have a Fireteam of 3 for rumble.

Choose a spot for you to camp in and for your 2 teammates to arrive and shoot them. Rinse repeat. If other players catch on find a new spot to meet and keep going. I was at 150/500 going in and it took 3 matches of doing that to do it. Less than an hour.

Jinjo

Warlocks have two exotic chestpieces and one of them has not been sold yet...just saying

It better be on a set rotation. Even then it's absolute bullshit. Remember that Gunsmith story crap from Deej? They're effectively limiting us again what guns and armor we can and cannot use. I had hoped my days of running around with an exotic armor piece (or weapon) I don't want to use for an increased light level were over.

if anyone is at their wit's end and needs help with the pvp portion of the thorn bounty, sound off.

i'll hop on my babylock and boogie in the rumble playlist later today.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
What level is everyone? I have a 30 Warlock. Good experience? I just don't want to be up too much later.

Good question. I'm level 30 Titan Defender, Turp is a 29, Not sure about Iteroparity, and Rubenov is ? What char and level are you Rubenov?

Edit, never mind, Rubenov is a level 30 warlock.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you all sincerely for the great groups tonight, I totally lost track of time :)

One spot left for tomorrow night's Newbie raid. Moridhin will be in as first alt, but if someone can for sure make it they can nab the spot.

Thursday, 8:15PM Eastern Time - Newbie Raid
1. ori0n278e
2. CooI_Breeze
3. Hawkian
4. FenixOne
5. ArkkAngel007

HighOnPCP

It better be on a set rotation. Even then it's absolute bullshit. Remember that Gunsmith story crap from Deej? They're effectively limiting us again what guns and armor we can and cannot use. I had hoped my days of running around with an exotic armor piece (or weapon) I don't want to use for an increased light level were over.

I would put money on it that it will be random haha
Deep down I'm still hoping they rethink some of these decisions but won't happen

Ok now, wait a second, what is all that talk about reseting exotics? i hope that is not what i think it is because i could rage.

Rage really hard.

REALLY. HARD.

Jinjo

I would put money on it that it will be random haha
Deep down I'm still hoping they rethink some of these decisions but won't happen

Same here man, I really hope they do. This is morale breaking stuff for me. I can't go through that entire levelling process again. I'll play the new raid (since I was dumb enough to buy the expansion pass after the patches came out) but after that it might be it for me.

Ok now, wait a second, what is all that talk about reseting exotics? i hope that is not what i think it is because i could rage.

Rage really hard.

REALLY. HARD.

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

if you want your "old" exotics to do more than tickle crota, you have to spend an exotic shard to trade your gjallarhorn in for a new one with extra damage, and then level it up again.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...low-new-details-on-the-destiny-expansion.aspx

"You’ll need three things. First, you need to own the original version of that exotic item, and turn it in to exchange for the upgraded version. It doesn’t matter if this old version of the item is brand new or fully upgraded. To complete the upgrade, you’ll also need to turn in an exotic shard. This recently introduced new material is available for purchase for seven strange coins from Xur, or by breaking down another existing exotic item in your inventory. Finally, each exotic upgrade costs a hefty dose of cash – around 7000 glimmer as of my playthrough of the expansion in mid-November. After turning all three of these things into Xur, he’ll hand you a brand new version of your item with a higher defense or attack value cap.

It’s important to note that this process resets the upgrades on your exotic item, but you’ll now have a new higher damage or defense cap to work towards – so you’ll need to decide if you’d rather keep your fully upgraded old version of a weapon or armor piece, or start over. With that said, the process of upgrading exotic items is now faster, and does not require ascendant materials. Instead, the last slot requires one additional exotic shard, as revealed in Monday’s patch."

Too tied and pissed off to see sense. I have no idea why I put myself through that.

Thanks guys.

Wow, this conversation gave me a good laugh reading it later. I'd started with that guy while you were in Crucible, then we wisely decided to all play instead of posting about it, then you and Reaper were supposed to go to bed... but instead got into that fantastic debate. Not sure if you'll read this post tomorrow, but gg astro + reaper.

Razgreez

Anybody here leveled up a character 1-20 with pretty much nothing but crucible? I just made my 3rd char and I really don't want to run through the story missions again

You're forced to get to about lvl 2 (almost 3) via story before the crucible opens up (if memory serves) but yeah once it's open you're free to use it to level up all the way to 20

M3Rocket

Got the 500 void kills in an hour. Not bad.

Wow!

Just grab a friend, go into Rumble and kill him for like 30 minutes. That's what I did with my friend and it seemed to take no time at all.

3 of us in rumble, you can only have a Fireteam of 3 for rumble.

Choose a spot for you to camp in and for your 2 teammates to arrive and shoot them. Rinse repeat. If other players catch on find a new spot to meet and keep going. I was at 150/500 going in and it took 3 matches of doing that to do it. Less than an hour.

Thanx guys. I'll go find one more person to help me with this.

After 17 hard raids between 3 characters still no Vex. I had 3 characters at 29+ for hard raid for just over a month now. But have been running hard raid since the second week it was available.

Hopping into my 18th one with my 30 Warlock.

Please game. Please.

On the bright side I finished the Thorn and Invective bounty, plus I got the God of War shader finally tonight.

I will play this new DLC before I judge, but having to re-lvl up my gear does not sound like fun. I think it might actually make me quite playing this game. We will see though, I like destiny but it seems bungie want it to be a typical MMO grind game and that was not what I expected destiny to be.

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

if you want your "old" exotics to do more than tickle crota, you have to spend an exotic shard to trade your gjallarhorn in for a new one with extra damage, and then level it up again.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...low-new-details-on-the-destiny-expansion.aspx

"You’ll need three things. First, you need to own the original version of that exotic item, and turn it in to exchange for the upgraded version. It doesn’t matter if this old version of the item is brand new or fully upgraded. To complete the upgrade, you’ll also need to turn in an exotic shard. This recently introduced new material is available for purchase for seven strange coins from Xur, or by breaking down another existing exotic item in your inventory. Finally, each exotic upgrade costs a hefty dose of cash – around 7000 glimmer as of my playthrough of the expansion in mid-November. After turning all three of these things into Xur, he’ll hand you a brand new version of your item with a higher defense or attack value cap.

It’s important to note that this process resets the upgrades on your exotic item, but you’ll now have a new higher damage or defense cap to work towards – so you’ll need to decide if you’d rather keep your fully upgraded old version of a weapon or armor piece, or start over. With that said, the process of upgrading exotic items is now faster, and does not require ascendant materials. Instead, the last slot requires one additional exotic shard, as revealed in Monday’s patch."

Well, that confirms it, no point in upgrading jack for the rest of the week. Also, it means any purchased exotic weapons now cost an addition 14 coins to max on top of the 17/23 already paid with the new leveling tier. This is going to get expensive. I hope the amount of coins we can earn goes up or this is going to suck. It won't be possible to keep up with the number of items to level.

After 17 hard raids between 3 characters still no Vex. I had 3 characters at 29+ for hard raid for just over a month now. But have been running hard raid since the second week it was available.

Please game. Please.

On the bright side I finished the Thorn and Invective bounty, plus I got the God of War shader finally tonight.

And 18th done, just did Atheon now and nothing.

Fuck you RNG, Bungie and the fact people get 4 or more of these things while people can't get one. Awful. Broken. Stupid.

could always plug one of these in your PS4 to increase your luck stat

248824841_4bb3b19631c3.jpg

deicide2673

Neo Member

Please game. Please.

Hope you get one soon, it took me about 15 to get my first then I got another one quickly after that.

And 18th done, just did Atheon now and nothing.

Fuck you RNG, Bungie and the fact people get 4 or more of these things while people can't get one. Awful. Broken. Stupid.

The new info from Deej today seemed to imply that there will be a more... benevolent drop system in the CE Raid. One can hope.

I think it's hilarious that most DLC is paid to give you new weapons and items. Yet with Destiny we are paying for A CHANCE to get them and possibly never.

You should never be in the situation where you will never get a weapon

With Crotas End starting next week I feel it will be very difficult to find groups to do Vault of Glass. Vex will forever elude me. This just isn't right Bungie.

kidko

Thanks for the group guys.

Funny we spent way more time on the gorgon maze than the whole section after that.

Happy to finally have an Epilogue.

Still #forever29 tho

Achilles_

Neo Member
Ran Raid with Gibbshift and Kidlovius, came out with Hezen Veng and P&T, not bad, but def not Ice Breaker, that and Ghorn eludes me lol.

Well, that confirms it, no point in upgrading jack for the rest of the week. Also, it means any purchased exotic weapons now cost an addition 14 coins to max on top of the 17/23 already paid with the new leveling tier. This is going to get expensive. I hope the amount of coins we can earn goes up or this is going to suck. It won't be possible to keep up with the number of items to level.

Makes you wonder how anyone will be able to upgrade more than a few weapons by the point House of Wolves drops in March.

Which will likely require resets of everything again with similar costs.

The new info from Deej today seemed to imply that there will be a more... benevolent drop system in the CE Raid. One can hope.

I saw that. They said it will see how long it has been since your last "fun" drop. Makes me think you will still get dupes and won't help you get through the loot table.

I have no faith that Bungie is making anything better at this point.

This is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom