• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Carbine's dropped out of tonight's raid. Need someone for Hard raid in 30 mins! 29 or 30 (damnit, wish I'd been able to hit 30 today)

Would love to be considered as an alt since it looks like someone responded before me. Level 29 hunter.

--

Also has there been any word on how old exotics will stay relevant once the DLC drops?

EL CUCO

I got a hard light last night from the raid and one today from the nightfall and the truth from a nightfall yesterday. The sad thing is those are the only exotic weapons that have dropped for me in a lot of playtime. I already had he truth. Sadly I always eagerly await xur.
Tell me about it. I go to bed anxious on Thursday nights wondering if I've been naughty or nice this week.

Yukianesa

Neo Member
Hell yeah, I mean, we need to fill the spot! Have you done the hard raid before? Post your PSN if you want in.

Nope, it would be my first time in the hard raid. I've only done the normal raid (multiple times). I understand if you want to take a more experienced player though!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No but I have went through it with you a couple weeks ago. Don't want to step in front of someone that hasn't yet.
Yeah I didn't think that was last week! I'm putting you down. :)
Nope, it would be my first time in the hard raid. I've only done the normal raid (multiple times). I understand if you want to take a more experienced player though!
I'd be happy to take you experience-wise, but I'm a little concerned we're getting stacked with 29s with Squall out this week... hmmm. Give me a few!

Ugh, nm, I'm tired. Gonna be on much later.

I probably won't be back on until much later also, didn't even realize how many Crucible matches I'd done between last night/early morning and this afternoon. I was starting to drag ass and suck balls at the end there, need to rejuvenate the mojo.

PvP is damn fun though. I've got ~40 GB of saved Destiny pictures/videos, but its mostly just 15 minute videos where I wanted to save 10 seconds to make a gif (pvp rampages, etc.). I should really get on that, as well as some flawless stuff.

adin75

Did the nightfall solo with my warlock, got a Epitah sniper rifle.

Turned the game off right away lol. Curse you Rngesus!

Yup, Nightfall has been ordinary for me this week too. First run was a legendary engram which turned into 2 Ass Energy, second was a legendary scout rifle (which was promptly turned into Ass Energy).

Last week, a Thunderlord dropped at the end of both runs.

Yup, Nightfall has been ordinary for me this week too. First run was a legendary engram which turned into 2 Ass Energy, second was a legendary scout rifle (which was promptly turned into Ass Energy).

Some people have all the luck :( got my second TLW yesterday.

Forgot to make my Weekly Activities post this morning, damn!

Newbie raid is on Thanksgiving this week! An hour later than usual this week to give people a chance to polish off their turkey and stuffing and still make it ;)

I feel like there was someone who asked in OT10 to be in the newbie one this week and I totally forgot to jot it down :( Please quote this post or PM me if I've forgotten you! Otherwise, there are 4 spots open I believe.

Wednesday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Static Hard Raid
1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. ColonelOCorn
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

Hope to see you guys all there! Squall can't make it this week so Colonel is graciously filling in. :)

These are streamed, so tune in and watch my almost-certainly-embarrassing deaths!

Thursday, 9:15PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Thanksgiving Food Coma Newb-Friendly Normal Raid
1. RetroMG
2. Hawkian
3. JeRkY
4. Dave_6
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

These runs are for people kinda new to the raid, brand new to the raid, or just not confident/comfortable with all aspects of it yet. Anyone can attend except those who were in it the previous week. If you've raided before, we'll focus on giving you roles you're NOT comfortable with, to get a little more experience and improve as an overall player. Lots of hands will touch the relic!

Very laid-back atmosphere, please bring your most patient self, our (many) wipes will be opportunities to laugh and figure out what went wrong, rather than getting frustrated or blaming anyone at all. :)

Please quote this post and post your PSN ID if you want in for tomorrow's raid! It is first come first serve, so please make sure to quote something from this post so that I can see it easily.

These are streamed, so please Opt-In in the PSN Party settings if you'd like to be able to be heard by the viewers (of course if you'd prefer not to be then just don't opt-in). For those that tune in, I always try to narrate the general strategies and offer tips in a way that can be helpful even if they don't necessarily apply to the group I'm running with at the time.

Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic

You guys know the drill here, I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

--

Again, please reply with your PSN if you want in for tomorrow's raid! Still 4 slots for the moment, and I'll put others down as alts if we go over.

Hawkian got room for the noob raid still? Count me in this time!

someday

Banned

I've done it once this week and I got 5 strange coins...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Bungie Weekly Update - 11/26/2014

tl;dr: "Please buy our merchandise."

That was disappointing.

Wish we got some solid stuff instead of them just using the weekly update to peddle merchandise.

It's funny, Deej (or was it Urk?)said they'd patch exotics before the dark below hits. Well, next week is the last one before the dark below.

The bastards are gonna fix the exotics (assuming they abide by their word) just before they're obsoleted by the new gear. That's just evil.

HighOnPCP

Current legendaries and exotics better not become obsolete after TDB hits. I finally got the Fatebringer yesterday and I never want to let it go again. And don't you dare make my Hawkmoon, Ice Breaker etc. useless Bungie! (I'm pretty sure we'll be able to upgrade all of our current weapons so they do above 300 damage too)

lunlunqq

Anyone with HM experience and maxed weapons wanna run the raid on HM?

Just got the 50th raid clear grimoire card. :lol

I want to do it!!! But I have only about 2.5 hours. So if you can get a group together quickly, please let me know. PSN: lunlunqq. I will be using my lvl29 hunter tonight.

Greenymac

Did the nightfall solo with my warlock, got a Epitah sniper rifle.

Turned the game off right away lol. Curse you Rngesus!

Got same with my lock before...I wonder if what class has anything to do with the drops you get. Or better yet if team mix has anything to do with it.

LordofPwn

I probably won't be back on until much later also, didn't even realize how many Crucible matches I'd done between last night/early morning and this afternoon. I was starting to drag ass and suck balls at the end there, need to rejuvenate the mojo.

PvP is damn fun though. I've got ~40 GB of saved Destiny pictures/videos, but its mostly just 15 minute videos where I wanted to save 10 seconds to make a gif (pvp rampages, etc.). I should really get on that, as well as some flawless stuff.

That's cute. I've got almost 100GB... Glad I got that 2 TB drive lol. I'll also be on a bit later tonight if you still need teammates. Need to do some clash.

E92 M3

That was disappointing.

Wish we got some solid stuff instead of them just using the weekly update to peddle merchandise.

It's funny, Deej (or was it Urk?)said they'd patch exotics before the dark below hits. Well, next week is the last one before the dark below.

The bastards are gonna fix the exotics (assuming they abide by their word) just before they're obsoleted by the new gear. That's just evil.

Thats what disappoints me.

exYle

That was disappointing.

Man, fuck.

forrest

formerly nacire
Another week. Another slew of failures as my PS3 hard locks in the Atheon room. Another lost spot in a raid that I helped get to that point. Seriously fuck that room and whatever effect, mechanic, etc. that brings my PS3 to a fucking dead stop.

Hope we can get a list down on prospective flawless raiders now. We have enough for a team...

So far we have

Lollipop
Greenymac
Boguester (FR)
Irawrsaurus (FR)
Galactic Toast
MandrakeUK
Hydruxo
SquallASF
Zoba (maybe?)
Konosuke
Duebrithil
Milkham
Dekutree
DjBlackice
Mind log
The log ride
Coyquettish

Would anyone else interested put your name down? Maybe we could organise a time that would suit most people...

Requoting (over and over again) and added fr(flawless raider) to people who have already done it.

This list has gotten pretty big. There must be a better way of keeping this somewhere.... Hawk, would it possible to stick it in the OP?

You can add me too, I'll help anyone who still needs the trophy.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That was disappointing.

they won't be obsolete, there will be some manner of upgrading them

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Hope we can get a list down on prospective flawless raiders now. We have enough for a team...

So far we have

Lollipop
Greenymac
Boguester (FR)
Irawrsaurus (FR)
Galactic Toast
MandrakeUK
Hydruxo
SquallASF
Zoba (maybe?)
Konosuke
Duebrithil
Milkham
Dekutree
DjBlackice
Mind log
The log ride
Coyquettish

Would anyone else interested put your name down? Maybe we could organise a time that would suit most people...

Requoting (over and over again) and added fr(flawless raider) to people who have already done it.

This list has gotten pretty big. There must be a better way of keeping this somewhere.... Hawk, would it possible to stick it in the OP?
Woah, me too.

Hey Hawkian, if there are more raid newbies than you can handle, I can run a newb group in about 8 hours for a couple of hours. Would love to take some fresh guardians through the raid before I leave on holiday.

PSN is ruthlesbarbarian

:)

I hope people are still going to be up for Vault of Glass raids when the Dark Below hits. I still haven't had a chance to go through the normal raid yet and I don't want to be left behind!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody doing hard raid?

Level 30 Titan. Maxed out Vanquisher, Thunderlord, Void Final Boss and Jesushorn. No mic but I tend to just shoot whatever comes my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom