• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeTonic

Neo Member
Ascendant Shards -> Legendary Armour
Ascendent Energy -> Legendary Weapons
Exotic Shards -> Exotic Weapons and Armour

Christ. What genius came up with that? There are more words than just 'shards' and 'energy' Bungie. Call it like, literally anything else and you'll avoid so much confusion

E92 M3

One of my Atheon drops last week:

5th Vex
3rd Thunderlord
4th Atheon's Epilogue
Timebreaker
Shards

Also got my 4th Fatebringer and 3rd Found Verdict at the Templar.

Let me dual-wield my Thunderlords and I'll forgive you, Bungie.

Geez those kind of drops always remind me of how much drops can differ. I've only gotten 2 exotics from the raid: 1 vex and a copy of the Ice Breaker. Crazy how much differential in loot drops there is.

AZKB0TX.png

RIP fatebringer, destroyer of faces, shooter of heads, exploder of souls
i will not forget our time with eachother, replaying the same content over and over until we couldnt do it anymore, then we did it again
you were good to me, and i was good to you..
i hope one day we will meet again

I only had mine for a week. I enjoyed my time with it and payed my last respects to it. :(

So what's everyones expectations for the new raid (completion time)?

When VoG launched one week after Destiny's release, there weren't many level 29s. The world first completion on normal took 12 hours after release.

Do you think we can expect a similar world first completion time for Crota's End? I would almost say it might be less now that everyone is way more familiar with the game and it's mechanics, and likely their builds/gear, assuming we get a challenge similar to that of VoG that doesn't reuse any mechanics.

I feel like we'll do it in 45 mins. Maybe an hour.

Bring your thorn. And some other stuff.

AZKB0TX.png

i will not forget our time with eachother, replaying the same content over and over until we couldnt do it anymore, then we did it again

Fatebringer, The Devil You Know and Vision of Confluence.

RIP

AZKB0TX.png

I only had mine for a week. I enjoyed my time with it and payed my last respects to it. :(
Good bye, you did your time and service towarda your guardian.

I'm bummed about legendary weapons, but I half expected it.

Commendations are a total bummer. I have no other way of putting it. Progress gating grind sinks aren't a good time.

I've said this before, but the worst part of the commendation system is that they MADE IT HARDER THAN OG DESTINY!!!

Originally different type of gear was gated behind a level, level 1 got you gloves and boots, level 2 etc.. Once you reached level 3 and beyond you could buy everything and as much as you like, so long as you had the marks. Now each item needs an upgrade to the rep. So. Damn. Stupid.

The fact that NO CAPS were raised along with all this bullshit is just a spit in the face.

From the datamining that I've read, it appears to just be Vang/Crucible. It would make sense to have it faction-wide though if factions can sell light level 31 gear as well.

Would make sense, otherwise it would be easier to have all of those reps going and increasing and getting a bunch of commendations. But then that would be less grindy and more approachable....something Bungie keeps steering away from.

Sullichin

Such a bummer that the Raid weapons I never got (and most of the player base, I can assume) will be outclassed by weapons I can buy with yet another new currency next week.

I really think all legendary / exotic weapons should cap at the same damage mark. There shouldn't be different tiers of legendary and exotic weapons. That's annoying and confusing. Don't give me the upgrades for free but don't remove all of the upgrades I already spent so much time grinding.

When VoG launched one week after Destiny's release, there weren't many level 29s. The world first completion on normal took 12 hours after release.

Do you think we can expect a similar world first completion time for Crota's End? I would almost say it might be less now that everyone is way more familiar with the game and it's mechanics, and likely their builds/gear, assuming we get a challenge similar to that of VoG that doesn't reuse any mechanics.

I expect there to be some serious rep and/or mark grinding to get a token that's required to run a raid.

Geez those kind of drops always remind me of how much drops can differ. I've only gotten 2 exotics from the raid: 1 vex and a copy of the Ice Breaker. Crazy how much differential in loot drops there is.

Ugh, I am really pissed off I have never gotten the Vex after 18 Hard Raid clears.

#ForeverNoVex
FuckYouBungie

Namikaze1

RIP Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon_rendered.png

You served me well but fucking Xur won't let me upgrade you because of some exclusivity contract. Alas, by the time the contract is up, I will have move on. I shall never forget the day you were bestowed upon me. I shall never forget your sweet melody. I shall never forget your four brothers whom I tossed aside because I only wanted you. You were my first exotic and you shall always have a place in my cold heart. It's because of you I went 20-0 in a few Crucible matches. No other gun has done that for me. Farewell, my love.

In going to go with 10+ hours, but only if they introduce entirely new mechanics. If they use the same stuff, 5-8.

Sullichin

I've been away and am not really getting all of this. Why are those guns specifically getting RIPd?

I JUST GOT THE FUCKING FB AND VoC... dammit...

They will be outclassed damage wise by weapons you can buy in the DLC, and by the new tier of exotic weapons.

So not useless but yeah, some of the weapons you thought were the best in the game are stuck where they are while others surpass them and have upgrade paths.

coy

AZKB0TX.png

I've been fortunate to have Fatebringer for about a month, but I just got VoC this week. I still will level it up but ugh the pain.

Rip Fatebringer? Rip Legendaries?

More like rip Hawkmoon! I can't exchange it for a stronger one till next year!

Hawkmoon! Nooooooooooooo!

Ow my heart... :(

I've been away and am not really getting all of this. Why are those guns specifically getting RIPd?

By the time the Hard Raid mode for Crota's End releases in January they won't be very effective....

Legendary weapons will not be getting the bump like Exotics will be.

Grimsen

They will be outclassed damage wise by weapons you can buy in the DLC, and by the new tier of exotic weapons.

So not useless but yeah, some of the weapons you thought were the best in the game are stuck where they are while others surpass them and have upgrade paths.

Won't they only be outclassed versus level 31 ennemies and higher? Or is my understanding of the wepaons level wrong?

Uh.... This thing will still clean house in the new raid. Should be one shotting and exploding thrall. You'd be a fool not to take one in with you.

Seriously. Why would anybody stop using the FateBringer? It's going to still be one of the best guns in the game.

Surely it will still be useful in night-falls etc? ...right? :(

Everybody likes hyperbole. Obviously I'm not gonna do something stupid like shard it. But it's also not going to be the optimal weapon of choice anymore either, with vendor weapons being more powerful and all.

You forgot raid shards and raid energy(?)
Yup I wasn't too sure how those are going to work so I figured I'd stick with the known quantities for now. When those become relevant for a fresh lvl 20 I figure Hawkian will have a guide for those too (this broken down lvl 29 will need it too :D )

So assuming vanilla exotics will still actually be available, when you finally get an Ice Breaker or Gjallarhorn, are you going to start using it right away and upgrade it or are you going to throw it in the vault and see if Xur has the upgrade token available on Friday?

It's always going to be the latter, and that is a huge problem. It cheapens exotics on the whole.

OR are vanilla exotics going to be buffed across the board to the new stat levels?

RIP Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon_rendered.png

You served me well but fucking Xur won't let me upgrade you because of some exclusivity contract. Alas, by the time the contract is up, I will have move on. I shall never forget the day you were bestowed upon me. I shall never forget your sweet melody. I shall never forget your four brothers whom I tossed aside because I only wanted you. You were my first exotic and you shall always have a place in my cold heart. It's because of you I went 20-0 in a few Crucible matches. No other gun has done that for me. Farewell, my love.

But I can't move on. :(

It'll be my go to Crucible weapon.

LordofPwn

RIP Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon_rendered.png

Is this confirmed?

ocean

Banned
Fatebringer will be outclassed for most content by whatever 323 attack HC the vendors come up with. It will still have its uses though so I'm not sure RIP is in order. Until I get another Arc Primary it'll still be useful for Arc Burn at least :(

void666

Banned

Because people believe all these weapons will be completely useless by next tuesday when the dlc hits.

Legendaries can't be upgraded like exotics and eventually will become less effective.

Dave_6

AZKB0TX.png

Bad thing is, I still want this gun! I got AE last night and the VoC last week. Regardless, like the exotics, I'm a collector and want them all lol.

Fatebringer will be outclassed for most content by whatever 323 attack HC the vendors come up with. It will still have its uses though so I'm not sure RIP is in order. Until I get another Arc Primary it'll still be useful for Arc Burn at least :(

suppose...

So assuming vanilla exotics will still actually be available, when you finally get an Ice Breaker or Gjallarhorn, are you going to start using it right away and upgrade it or are you going to throw it in the vault and see if Xur has the upgrade token available on Friday?

It's always going to be the latter, and that is a huge problem. It cheapens exotics on the whole.

OR are vanilla exotics going to be buffed across the board to the new stat levels?

I believe if you get an exotic after the DLC, it doesn't need to be upgraded.

lunlunqq

Won't they only be outclassed versus level 31 ennemies and higher? Or is my understanding of the wepaons level wrong?
The problem is not the enemy. It's that you will be able to buy weapons with higher attack rating from venders after the DLC hits. That's what makes the current legendaries obsolete.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Because people believe all these weapons will be completely useless by next tuesday when the dlc hits.

Legendaries can't be upgraded like exotics and eventually will become less effective.

But that's not true, right? I'm pretty sure you only need new/upgraded weapons for hard mode raid. Rest of mobs are level 30 right?

I'm down for this

Us vexless folk should make a group to continue to run the vog until we get one.

Lets do it then!!!

That is 3 of us so far, weekly Vault of Glass for the Vex, maybe we can even just do the Atheon checkpoint if we can get it from someone else every week to make this quicker.

What day a week would work? Tuesdays won't work, but Wednesdays from 6pm-10pm EST works and then any other day of the week.

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB
1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson

How does Wednesdays at 7pm sound?

Everyone so far is PS4?

I run 3 characters through it every week. So if you're down I am down.

That is my worry, the difficulty of getting VoG groups together after the new raid launches next week.

I'm in the same boat. If anything, we would just have to get one run to atheon, get the checkpoints for the alts, rinse and repeat. Woukdnt take long to do it all in one sitting.

But that's not true, right? I'm pretty sure you only need new/upgraded weapons for hard mode raid. Rest of mobs are level 30 right?
Well the lvl 26 VoG has lvl 28 enemies by the end and HM VoG is 30 throughout so it seems likely that they will stick with that design again and have NM Crota scale and HM Crota just be Max lvl throughout

Lets do it then!!!

That is 3 of us so far, weekly Vault of Glass for the Vex, maybe we can even just do the Atheon checkpoint if we can get it from someone else every week to make this quicker.

What day a week would work? Tuesdays won't work, but Wednesdays from 6pm-10pm EST works and then any other day of the week.

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB
1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson

How does Wednesdays at 7pm sound?

Everyone so far is PS4?

I can make that time. My PSN is greyblade.

Bad thing is, I still want this gun! I got AE last night and the VoC last week. Regardless, like the exotics, I'm a collector and want them all lol.

This is the worst part, the fact the RNG system can't even keep up with Bungie making weapons obsolete.

The only 2 items I need from the raid (that is everything from armour to weapons to ships) is Praedeth's Timepiece and the Vex.

At this point since legendaries will be useless soon I can care less about Timepiece despite my collect it all OCD.

Grimsen

The problem is not the enemy. It's that you will be able to buy weapons with higher attack rating from venders after the DLC hits. That's what makes the current legendaries obsolete.

But the higher attack rating won't matter against ennemies level 30 or below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom