• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the upcoming Wednesday. All other should be fine. Hell I might be able to do it anyway this upcoming Wednesday but I'm just not sure

Just keep us updated! I'll send the group PSN message this evening. Worst case we hold you in your spot for the future and find a sub just for next week.

zewone

That's not how this works lol, we could be 29+ without any raid gear, and the mobs were 28 max.

They put it to 30 to avoid the confusion of 26 players going into the vault and getting one shotted.

I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't at least level 31 enemies towards the end of the normal raid.

Knucklehead please.
Got that from a legendary engram this week. Ended up being my favorite helmet. heh.

Right, so no need for level 31 or 32 weapons until you do HM, much like you don't need max weapons for any current content until you do hard mode. Again, I can't believe there's so much whining over something that's only needed for so narrow a circumstance.
And I can't believe there are folks bending over backwards to make excuses for a company that has just nullified days of in game progress but there you go.

panda-zebra

So saves can't be transferred back over now? Was trying to get my hard oracle save back on my other characters that have progressed further, but it won't stick now. Seems like there's a hell of a lot of effort going into preventing exploits and reinventing the ways in which we're expected to grind grind grind and all at the expense of our free time and enjoyment of the game.

There's always been bitching and moaning in the chat when playing Destiny, that's understandable, but I've not witnessed the kind of meltdowns and swearing off the game that I've heard the last 2 days... and this from the people who pulled me back in when I sacked it off for over a week.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't at least level 31 enemies towards the end of the normal raid.

Got that from a legendary engram this week. Turned into my favorite helmet. heh.

Wasn't it confirmed that there were only 31-32 enemies in hard mode raid? Maybe not.

And I can't believe there are folks bending over backwards to make excuses for a company that has just nullified days of in game progress but there you go.

What excuse did I make for them...? I'm just saying it's not so bad because we don't have to upgrade until we do hard mode, which will probably be weeks after release for most folks. And even then, in other games, when the level cap is raised, I 100% lose all my armor/weapons, so the ability to reforge some of them is pretty cool to me.

realcZk

Knucklehead is awesome. Always on radar is extremely valuable in PvE and PvP. I forget how I got mine, I want to say that Xur sold it at one point.. but maybe I got lucky from an engram. Love it.

E92 M3

What if they change the checkpoint system for the Crota raid?

Knucklehead is awesome. Always on radar is extremely valuable in PvE and PvP. I forget how I got mine, I think Xur sold it at one point. Love it.

Yeah, it's good but I use splinter cell goggles because they look cool lol.

This is just like you, Destiny.

Give a bounty for Rumble, my least favorite Crucible mode, and then drop Hard Light (one of 3 exotic weapons I was missing) after the first match. Wtf.

zewone

Knucklehead is awesome. Always on radar is extremely valuable in PvE and PvP. I forget how I got mine, I want to say that Xur sold it at one point.. but maybe I got lucky from an engram. Love it.

He did sell it at one point. I passed on it then.

Glad I have it now.

Just keep us updated! I'll send the group PSN message this evening. Worst case we hold you in your spot for the future and find a sub just for next week.

Yeah that would be fine. Psn same as here btw

Xur did sell it a long long time ago

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Real question: If I were to play this game entirely solo for say 95% of the time, would I get any enjoyment out of it? I play Guild Wars 2 solo and sometimes with my wife.

Thanks!

X-Frame

Knucklehead is a great helm and its the one I have maxed on my Hunter to hit 30 but I wish it wasn't Strength. But the radar is very helpful and the Inverse Shadow perk is great for PvE as well.

realcZk

Real question: If I were to play this game entirely solo for say 95% of the time, would I get any enjoyment out of it? I play Guild Wars 2 solo and sometimes with my wife.

Thanks!

Maybe, if PvP is your thing. I really think Destiny is pretty lame solo for the most part. Most of the fun comes from teaming up with people (even randoms), especially friends. GAF is a great way to find people to play with. The majority of end-game content (most fun content in the game) isn't doable solo, and there's no matchmaking for it so you'll want to add some gaffers.

Zakalwe

Banned
I haven't played the MP since... some other game was released... but I played it enough to get both trophies for it (and played some on PS3 before that). I would definitely play some again if you ended up enjoying it.

Excellent. Will let you know how I get on.

Imagine if Destiny had even a 10th of the story. :( It's like Bungie decided they could only sell their game to morons, and still playing it after all the shit they pull, I kind of feel like one.

This hurts you.

Me too.

The sad part is the linked post fits pretty much everything about Destiny's development for me. :(

realcZk

Knucklehead is a great helm and its the one I have maxed on my Hunter to hit 30 but I wish it wasn't Strength. But the radar is very helpful and the Inverse Shadow perk is great for PvE as well.

Inverse Shadow is great, and stacks with Bad Juju super bar gains :)

ocean

Banned

Thanks!
Without other people to play with I wouldn't say the game is worth full retail price. On sale I guess sure. However, this thread offers a steady stream of people to run basically any content with, greatly increasing the entertainment value.

Thanks!

You can solo everything except the raid, assuming you don't mind having randoms join you in the strikes. Strikes are basically being solo, since you don't have to communicate at all. You can have a lot of fun doing that stuff solo, but you'll be missing a lot of fun if you don't raid.

Thanks!

You can totally play solo and get your money's worth as long as you are also into PvP.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
You can solo everything except the raid, assuming you don't mind having randoms join you in the strikes. Strikes are basically being solo, since you don't have to communicate at all. You can have a lot of fun doing that stuff solo, but you'll be missing a lot of fun if you don't raid.

Are the raids setup like WoW where you can randomly be put into a group to do a raid? Raids in wow are basically matchmaking now.

stb

Lets do it then!!!

That is 3 of us so far, weekly Vault of Glass for the Vex, maybe we can even just do the Atheon checkpoint if we can get it from someone else every week to make this quicker.

What day a week would work? Tuesdays won't work, but Wednesdays from 6pm-10pm EST works and then any other day of the week.

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB
1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson
4. Berried_treasurE (stb)

How does Wednesdays at 7pm sound?

Everyone so far is PS4?

I'd love to join this, but am a lowly 29/Titan. That said, i do have decent raid weapons (AE, void Swarm, maxed Ghorn, maxed IB).

I don't have VoC, Vex, FB, or the raid helmet, so this would be perfect.

Wednesdays at 7 Eastern would be perfect for me, too. And yes, PS4.

rNilla

I don't think I've ever really used my Knucklehead. I used Third Man a lot for the Intellect and because it looks cool and lately I've been using Symbiote for that fourth GG shot or Spine gauntlets because they look cool and are the new hotness.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Without other people to play with I wouldn't say the game is worth full retail price. On sale I guess sure. However, this thread offers a steady stream of people to run basically any content with, greatly increasing the entertainment value.

Well, I rarely have enough time to commit to playing with a group, I usually play most of my multiplayer gaming solo, even team-based shooters.

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't think I've ever really used my Knucklehead. I used Third Man a lot for the Intellect and because it looks cool and lately I've been using Symbiote for that fourth GG shot or Spine gauntlets because they look cool and are the new hotness.

If you like exotic Handcannons, KR is very useful.

Fistwell

Are the raids setup like WoW where you can randomly be put into a group to do a raid? Raids in wow are basically matchmaking now.
There's no matchmaking for raids (nor for a few specific weekly missions, namely nightfall and weekly heroic strikes). The only raid in the game right now, the vault of glass, is probably the best part of the game so far. Even though there's no matchmaking, it's pretty easy to find a group, either posting in this here thread, or over in the raid thread.

Well, I rarely have enough time to commit to playing with a group, I usually play most of my multiplayer gaming solo, even team-based shooters.
The easier version of the vault of glass takes about an hour with a decent team, at most. I understand it's not easy to coordinate with people, but it doesn't have to be a big commitment. Plus if you need to bail at some point, you just bail, people get that life can get in the way. But hey, whatever works for you.

hydruxo

RIP Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon_rendered.png

You served me well but fucking Xur won't let me upgrade you because of some exclusivity contract. Alas, by the time the contract is up, I will have move on. I shall never forget the day you were bestowed upon me. I shall never forget your sweet melody. I shall never forget your four brothers whom I tossed aside because I only wanted you. You were my first exotic and you shall always have a place in my cold heart. It's because of you I went 20-0 in a few Crucible matches. No other gun has done that for me. Farewell, my love.

I wish Bungie would comment on whether or not it'll be available for upgrade at Xur. If they can have ps exclusive strikes I see no reason they can't add it to Xur's rotation for upgrades but maybe I'm too optimistic. I don't want to see my Hawkmoon go obsolete come January either :(

Waldini

XBONE GAF,

Can anyone help me out finishing the Hard Raid? Im at the Gorgons, my internet crapped out in me so was unable to finish.

Im 29, Warlock. 300/300 weapons... Yes, I need a new full team. My group finished it.

No matchmaking on raids, but it requires a decent amount of communication so getting put with awful randoms would ruin the experience. Pretty easy to find a raid group on here though.

EL CUCO

AZKB0TX.png

RIP fatebringer, destroyer of faces, shooter of heads, exploder of souls
i will not forget our time with eachother, replaying the same content over and over until we couldnt do it anymore, then we did it again
you were good to me, and i was good to you..
i hope one day we will meet again
2XRHxmE.jpg

Dave_6

I'd like to run a full hard raid if you're putting the group together. I'm Central, too, so any time after 6 Central/7 Eastern works.

Ok. I get off work at 5 but have a birthday dinner for my mom afterwards. I should be home by 7 and then I'm off for the next four days so plenty of time then.

Wasn't it confirmed that there were only 31-32 enemies in hard mode raid? Maybe not.

What excuse did I make for them...? I'm just saying it's not so bad because we don't have to upgrade until we do hard mode, which will probably be weeks after release for most folks. And even then, in other games, when the level cap is raised, I 100% lose all my armor/weapons, so the ability to reforge some of them is pretty cool to me.

I guess I'm reacting to multiple 'whining' comments today of which yours was just the most recent. Most of the positives I've read on this are variants on 'In Game X everything was crap/lost/useless with updates at least this just wipes progress' which to me reads like 'I got kicked in the nuts but at least he didn't stab me'. I don't play games that waste my time like that and I wouldn't have bought the expansion pass on Monday night if I knew that was what Bungie was planning here.

I wasn't buying that expansion until they demonstrated that they were trying to alleviate the worst grind by adding mat buying. At that point I thought 'cool Bungie respect my time, I will give them more money' only to get stabbed in the back with more needless time sink nonsense.

stb

Ok. I get off work at 5 but have a birthday dinner for my mom afterwards. I should be home by 7 and then I'm off for the next four days so plenty of time then.

Great, add me on PSN: Berried_treasurE. I'm available most nights, but Friday and Saturday are best.

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB

We will be running the Atheon checkpoint 3 times for characters to get the damn elusive Vex that really isn't elusive because some people have gotten 5 or more of the fucking thing. Bungie just has a broken loot system that hopefully will be fixed in Crota's End based on the changes they announced yesterday.

Anyways! Here is our roster so far:
1. Cosmos_Man (me) - 3 Level 30 Characters (All 3 Classes)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson (PSN: greyblade)
4. Berried_treasurE (stb)
5. Dave_6
6. Bizazedo

Every Wednesday starting next week on Wecdnesday December 10th.

Everyone is PS4 correct? Can you all reply with the number of characters you have, their classes and level? Along with your PSN name. Sorry if you already posted it, I am just too lazy to back through all the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom