• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Hey Bungie, here's an idea: level 32 Nightfall. No burns. No ammo drops. Instant melee kills from enemies. One teammate dies, entire team wipes. Reward is an exotic engram and nothing else.

C'mon, give us a challenge. I dare you. I double dog dare you.

Edit:
Fine. Five minutes time limit. Oh, and your supers are locked.

Where's your Traveler now, Guardians?!

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB
1. Byron Bluth (PSN: Cosmos_Man)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson (PSN: greyblade)

How does Wednesdays at 7pm EST sound?

Everyone so far is PS4?

Hey Bungie, here's an idea: level 32 Nightfall. No burns. No ammo drops. Instant melee kills from enemies. One teammate dies, entire team wipes. Reward is an exotic engram and nothing else.

I would be very happy if something challenging actually provided a CONFIRMED loot drop.

Lets do it then!!!

That is 3 of us so far, weekly Vault of Glass for the Vex, maybe we can even just do the Atheon checkpoint if we can get it from someone else every week to make this quicker.

What day a week would work? Tuesdays won't work, but Wednesdays from 6pm-10pm EST works and then any other day of the week.

1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson

How does Wednesdays at 7pm sound?

Everyone so far is PS4?

Hmm... I may or may not be able to make this week coming but the ones after should be fine. Also is this GMT?

I also hear some people are doing experiments to try and force drops. Apparently at least one person will get a 'fun' drop in the group

Bungie in the short term better do two things:

1. Today's weekly update better be damn good and provide some light at the end of the tunnel for all the poor changes they are making NOT JUST EXOTICS
2. Xur better bring us damn good stuff

firehawk12

Subete no aware

You'd have to add a time limit to make it a real challenge, since it just becomes a cheese fest either way.

X-Frame

Bungie in the short term better do two things:

1. Today's weekly update better be damn good and provide some light at the end of the tunnel for all the poor changes they are making NOT JUST EXOTICS
2. Xur better bring us damn good stuff

If Xur is not random and Bungie hand-picks his stock then there is no reason why we should have another terrible week with the same repeats.

Skullfort, Praxic Fire, whatever a Hunter item that all Hunters want, and Gjallarhorn. Then Dragon's Breath next week.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well the lvl 26 VoG has lvl 28 enemies by the end and HM VoG is 30 throughout so it seems likely that they will stick with that design again and have NM Crota scale and HM Crota just be Max lvl throughout

Right, so no need for level 31 or 32 weapons until you do HM, much like you don't need max weapons for any current content until you do hard mode. Again, I can't believe there's so much whining over something that's only needed for so narrow a circumstance.

Dave_6

1. Byron Bluth (PSN: Cosmos_Man)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson (PSN: greyblade)

How does Wednesdays at 7pm sound?

Everyone so far is PS4?

I've yet to do a hard raid and my Hunter is a sliver away from being a 30. I'd be up for this if it's ok. What time zone? I'm central.

Of course I finally got a Fatebringer this week. I say YOLO and ima level it up, need something to get started in new content amirite? Plus wtf am i going to use the Energies on anyway?

Also got a Hard Light, whats the Word with Perd on that? Perks look like hot garbage imo.

zewone

I'm worried about doing this upgrade and repeating the process again when House of Wolves is released.

That reddit post nailed it. We can't trust Bungie any longer.

commish

But the higher attack rating won't matter against ennemies level 30 or below.

Exactly. I can't believe people still don't know how the mechanics of the game work. Maybe that's what is leading to so much rage?

I'm worried about doing this upgrade and repeating the process again when House of Wolves is released.

That reddit post nailed it. We can't trust Bungie any longer.

Which reddit post? Can't trust them to do what?

Hmm... I may or may not be able to make this week coming but the ones after should be fine. Also is this GMT?

I also hear some people are doing experiments to try and force drops. Apparently at least one person will get a 'fun' drop in the group

Well we said Wednesday....so next week hahahaha. Its Thursday today!

I already did it for all my 3 characters for this week, they are all Level 30 too.

ocean

Banned
Of course I finally got a Fatebringer this week. I say YOLO and ima level it up, need something to get started in new content amirite? Plus wtf am i going to use the Energies on anyway?

Also got a Hard Light, whats the Word with Perd on that? Perks look like hot garbage imo.

With the last patch it might have progressed from meh to alright. Haven't used it though so I can't say 100%

Ragarra

Guess I wont be getting my 9x2 coins from the weekly on two chars. My titan and lock are both only 50ish rep away from the next vanguard rank. The raid doesnt give rep/marks though I don't think does it? I never pay attention.

If Xur is not random and Bungie hand-picks his stock then there is no reason why we should have another terrible week with the same repeats.

Skullfort, Praxic Fire, whatever a Hunter item that all Hunters want, and Gjallarhorn. Then Dragon's Breath next week.

Damn straight, their goodwill needs to start now, there is no excuse.

I've yet to do a hard raid and my Hunter is a sliver away from being a 30. I'd be up for this if it's ok. What time zone? I'm central.

Sorry, EST. That should be fine, do you have maxed 300 raid weapons? We will likely just be doing Atheon for the Vex.

Well we said Wednesday....so next week hahahaha. Its Thursday today!

I already did it for all my 3 characters for this week, they are all Level 30 too.

Yeah man, I know it's next week haha... Exams and stuff means my participation next week is not certain. Also 7est is a bit too late. Perhaps 6est. It shouldn't matter when I'm not there anyway

realcZk

Guess I wont be getting my 9x2 coins from the weekly on two chars. My titan and lock are both only 50ish rep away from the next vanguard rank. The raid doesnt give rep/marks though I don't think does it? I never pay attention.

Nope, it doesn't give rep or marks. How many coins are you sitting on right now? Getting them might be more important for exotic shards and such. You can level vanguard pretty quickly with nightfall, weekly, and some bounties IMO. If you already have a lot of coins, you can sit on that rep till DLC when you can rollover for commendation currency and get some light level 31 gear.

phen0m24

I went to sleep at 10PM last night. Unless I was piss drunk, I have not slept before midnight since this game's release. I'm still in for the expansion but the realization that Bungie does not respect my time stings deep. Even if no changes occur before the DLC drops, I hope by the time the next one does, a lesson will be learned on their end, mainly about communication and the way their fanbase should be treated.

I had an hour before work to play but chose to sleep more then post this. Sucks.

Was looking for my flawless wingman last night though, I won't lie.

I had to invite Anubis80, who then kept teabagging me and calling me names. ;)

LordofPwn

Start working on faction rep instead of vanguard.

zewone

Which reddit post? Can't trust them to do what?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...e_gear_treadmill_and_why_clearly_youve_never/

The lesson here is that we can't trust Bungie. It hurts me to say that, but as of right now, I feel like playing this game at all is gambling that Bungie doesn't have a plan to wipe away my time investment in a week. And that's not something that's going to change after the expansion is released -- it's something that's going to last as long as we play this game.

realcZk

Only 91 coins right now. Guess I am alright on coins?

Sounds good to me, enough to buy a primary and up to 9 exotic shards from Xur this week if you wanted. Might be worth waiting for the easy rollover IMO. Now you'll probably just want to max you glimmer for that new gear/upgrade cost.

Dave_6

Sorry, EST. That should be fine, do you have maxed 300 raid weapons? We will likely just be doing Atheon for the Vex.

I have a maxed IB, Corrective Measure and TDYK. Just got AE last night and my VoC is one or two bubbles from being maxed. I also have Hezen's Vengeance and it is lacking one bubble from being maxed.

I have a maxed IB, Corrective Measure and TDYK. Just got AE last night and my VoC is one or two bubbles from being maxed. I also have Hezen's Vengeance and it is lacking one bubble from being maxed.

Should be fine!

Yeah man, I know it's next week haha... Exams and stuff means my participation next week is not certain. Also 7est is a bit too late. Perhaps 6est. It shouldn't matter when I'm not there anyway

So no Wednesday works? What day is good? 6pm EST is fine too.

spyder_ur

I tried my first hard raid yesterday as a 29. Felt like I held up fairly well, but we weren't able to get past the GateKeepers phase. I guess I have that checkpoint? How do checkpoints in the raid work? Everyone gets it right? To use it do I have to be the fireteam leader and it will send us there automatically? Anyways, if anyone wants to offer some help at Gatekeepers through Atheon to get me my first hard clear tonight, that would be great. Have to give first dibs to the guys that I was with yesterday if they were around, but might try to gather a group tonight around 7 or so.

I did get the Fatebringer from the Templar - would have been way more pumped about that before yesterday.

void666

Banned
What i want from Xur tomorrow:

Hunter: Knucklehead radar
Titan: Whatever. I have it all.
Warlock: Light beyond nemesis or skull of dire ahamkara

Weapon: GJALLARHORN

What he will probably sell:

Hunter: Crest of Alpha Lupi
Titan: Armamentarium
Warlock: Voidfang Vestments

Weapon: Truth

E92 M3

I'm in the same boat, but don't want to miss a weekly or NF. Won't be buying vendor weapons anyway.

Bizazedo

I run 3 characters through it every week. So if you're down I am down.

That is my worry, the difficulty of getting VoG groups together after the new raid launches next week.

I'll go, Cosmos. You know me obviously and know I have no Vex after a LOT of HM clears.

6 est is a bit rough, might be like 5 or 10 minutes late if traffic is bad.

commish

I tried my first hard raid yesterday as a 29. Felt like I held up fairly well, but we weren't able to get past the GateKeepers phase. I guess I have that checkpoint? How do checkpoints in the raid work? Everyone gets it right? To use it do I have to be the fireteam leader and it will send us there automatically? Anyways, if anyone wants to offer some help at Gatekeepers through Atheon to get me my first hard clear tonight, that would be great. Have to give first dibs to the guys that I was with yesterday if they were around, but might try to gather a group tonight around 7 or so.

I did get the Fatebringer from the Templar - would have been way more pumped about that before yesterday.

Everyone gets it. You just have to be the fireteam leader and you'll start at that checkpoint.

ocean

Banned

Yeah, if you take a team from orbit to the VoG as Fireteam leader you'll all spawn at your latest checkpoint. Note that checkpoints for each difficulty setting are different so you could be at Gatekeepers on Heroic and at Atheon on Normal for example.

I'll go, Cosmos. You know me obviously and know I have no Vex after a LOT of HM clears.

6 est is a bit rough, might be like 5 or 10 minutes late if traffic is bad.

Shouldn't be a problem Biz!

Hopefully we can get the Atheon checkpoint here or via LFG so we can just liquidate him 3 times quickly and be done. And possibly sad again :(

Knucklehead please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom