• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Welp, starting Titan #3 today. Got rid of my low level Warlock that I never played. Going to roll through Dark below with 3 lvl 30 Titans for now.

I wish Bungie would comment on whether or not it'll be available for upgrade at Xur. If they can have ps exclusive strikes I see no reason they can't add it to Xur's rotation for upgrades but maybe I'm too optimistic. I don't want to see my Hawkmoon go obsolete come January either :(

They haven't integrated the PS exclusive strike into the Weekly/Nightfall playlist, so it is hard to say if they will do the same with Hawkmoon/Monte Carlo for Xur.

Also, if they don't the weapons will basically be useless when Xbox owners get their hands on it sometime next Summer/Fall.

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB

We will be running the Atheon checkpoint 3 times for characters to get the damn elusive Vex that really isn't elusive because some people have gotten 5 or more of the fucking thing. Bungie just has a broken loot system that hopefully will be fixed in Crota's End based on the changes they announced yesterday.

Anyways! Here is our roster so far:
1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man (me) - 3 Level 30 Characters (All 3 Classes)
2. LollipoPReapeR - PSN: LollipoPReapeR - Level 30 Warlock and Level 29 Hunter
3. MrAnderson - PSN: greyblade - 1 Level 30
4. stb - PSN: Berried_treasurE - 1 Level 29 Titan
5. Dave_6 - PSN: DaveS78 - 1 Level 29 Hunter
6. Bizazedo - PSN: Bizazedo - 1 Level 30 Titan (is that right Biz?)

Every Wednesday at 7:00pm EST starting next week on Wecdnesday December 10th.

All the PSN names and characters details should be correct now. Let me know if not!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Welp, starting Titan #3 today. Got rid of my low level Warlock that I never played. Going to roll through Dark below with 3 lvl 30 Titans for now.

I'll never understand this ... having one of each class is just more fun! WHY DOES NO ONE WANT TO BE A HUNTER

stb

We will be running the Atheon checkpoint 3 times for characters to get the damn elusive Vex that really isn't elusive because some people have gotten 5 or more of the fucking thing. Bungie just has a broken loot system that hopefully will be fixed in Crota's End based on the changes they announced yesterday.

1. Cosmos_Man (me) - 3 Level 30 Characters (All 3 Classes)
2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson (PSN: greyblade)
4. Berried_treasurE (stb)
5. Dave_6
6. Bizazedo

Every Wednesday starting next week on Wecdnesday December 10th.

Everyone is PS4 correct? Can you all reply with the number of characters you have, their classes and level? Along with your PSN name. Sorry if you already posted it, I am just too lazy to back through all the comments.

Yes, PS4.

PSN: Berried_treasurE
Character 1: 29 Titan w/ AE, void Swarm, maxed Ice Breaker, maxed Ghorn (all will be maxed by the time we start next Wednesday)

I don't have other characters, so maybe we should have more than 6 people for subsequent runs if people want to do it with alts? Alternatively, I'm happy to run it 3x. If it's easy to tag-in other people with only one or two characters, more people get more mileage out of it.

I'll never understand this ... having one of each class is just more fun! WHY DOES NO ONE WANT TO BE A HUNTER
Because Titan double jump is just the bestest! I've gotten my Hunter to 28 and I'm still having a hard time adjusting to the lack of a massive rocket on my back. My lvl 5 warlock's jump just makes me :(

Dave_6

2. LollipoPReapeR
3. MrAnderson (PSN: greyblade)
4. Berried_treasurE (stb)
5. Dave_6
6. Bizazedo

Everyone is PS4 correct? Can you all reply with the number of characters you have, their classes and level? Along with your PSN name. Sorry if you already posted it, I am just too lazy to back through all the comments.

Yep PS4 here. Only have one character capable of running it though (my Hunter). My Warlock is only a 25 right now and my Titan is a 2 lol. PSN is DaveS78.

Great, add me on PSN: Berried_treasurE. I'm available most nights, but Friday and Saturday are best.

Will do, sounds good.

Just got back from a week-long work trip and WTF at some of the announced changes. Exotic resetting specifically. Glad to see that the community is flipping out over this, so I guess I'm not the only one angry over it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Because Titan double jump is just the bestest! I've gotten my Hunter to 28 and I'm still having a hard time adjusting to the lack of a massive rocket on my back. My lvl 5 warlock's jump just makes me :(

The hunter just feels more agile than the rest. I love it. I do miss the titan jetpack, and I will probably use my titan first in the new content, BUT I STILL LOVE YOU HUNTER.

GhaleonEB

Ran the daily story (didn't we just do this one recently?) this morning, managed to max my legendary boots with the ascendant shard. I is 27 now.

Now heroic strikes won't be quite as brutal as last night's. Egads.

realcZk

Hey, I heard hunters will be useful in the new raid, there's a part where you have to sacrifice a member of your fireteam to open a door.

Yep PS4 here. Only have one character capable of running it though (my Hunter). My Warlock is only a 25 right now and my Titan is a 2 lol. PSN is DaveS78.

Will do, sounds good.

Yes, PS4.

PSN: Berried_treasurE
Character 1: 29 Titan w/ AE, void Swarm, maxed Ice Breaker, maxed Ghorn (all will be maxed by the time we start next Wednesday)

I don't have other characters, so maybe we should have more than 6 people for subsequent runs if people want to do it with alts? Alternatively, I'm happy to run it 3x. If it's easy to tag-in other people with only one or two characters, more people get more mileage out of it.

If you guys can run it x3 with us it would be great!

purg3

slept with Malkin

I tried the warlock and it was okay, once I get geared up on my Titan through Dark Below I'll probably reroll one of my Titan's to a warlock again. I really don't have an interest in playing a Hunter :(

Titan just fits my play style and the skills I want for PVE. I don't play a whole lot of PVP either.

hydruxo

The hunter just feels more agile than the rest. I love it. I do miss the titan jetpack, and I will probably use my titan first in the new content, BUT I STILL LOVE YOU HUNTER.

Hunter is the GOAT. I'll take precise jumps over floaty ones all day. Love Titan too though, the jetpack is a good middle ground between Hunter & Warlock. Warlock I just can't get into, glide is the worst and I have a hard time with blink at times.

Hunter's triple jump has saved my ass more times than I can count.

Yea I'm pissed if our Leg Raid weapons are useless. I finally just got the damn VoC I've been forever waiting for and if it's useless next week that would be a damn shame. Granted can still use it in Weekly/Nightfall but need to use it for raiding. Then why would you make Raid Primary Weapons obtainable via Hard ONLY next month, it'll take a month or 2 to get them all only to be irrelevant in March right when you finally get the weapon again. NO

purg3

slept with Malkin
With all the rage over exotics, I still think the Commendation bullshit is the bigger kick in the junk.

The more I thought about it last night, the more I agree. My goal is to get my characters very close to a new level for Vanguard and Crucible so on the 9th I can turn in a few bounties and buy some new gear right away. If the mark cost is the same, I should be able to at least get 3-4 pieces of gear and a weapon.

Because Hunters suck!
/s

Be gentle with me, Fig.

NblpUPP.gif

Do we know if the yet-to-be-rewarded vanilla exotics will be updated to the new [expansion 1] stats post-DLC?

hopefully my question makes sense

realcZk

ohyou.jpg
Cold man...just cold.

I do hope the eventual 3rd sub class for Hunter has some kind of help the team ability.

haha, i actually really enjoy my hunter. they are super useful, and gunslinger is godly. my problem right now is deciding what class to focus on first for TDB. It's between my warlock and hunter I think...all are at 30 but my titan hasn't been getting much attention lately. she was my first and we will always have something special... but i'm seeing other women at the moment...

purg3

slept with Malkin
The only thing I ever bought was a shadow price.

Damn, really? how did you get high enough level to Raid? I think I only got one legendary armor drop before I started the raid and bought the rest by farming marks to get high enough to raid. Then got to 30 from there through drops.

2. LollipoPReapeR - PSN: LollipoPReapeR - ???
3. MrAnderson - PSN: greyblade - ???
4. stb - PSN: Berried_treasurE - 1 Level 29 Titan
5. Dave_6 - PSN: DaveS78 - 1 Level 29 Hunter
6. Bizazedo - PSN: Bizazedo - 1 Level 30 Titan (is that right Biz?)

I hope MrAnderson and Lolli are Level 30....

Name same as here
30 warlock
29 hunter (will be 30 if I can get enough sapphire wire and exp before then)

I know greyblade has a 30 titan....

ocean

Banned
Well, I rarely have enough time to commit to playing with a group, I usually play most of my multiplayer gaming solo, even team-based shooters.

Well to be fair this game doesn't require a clan that you play regularly with. I usually just post on GAF when I'm available and ask who's running whatever I want to do. Or I see someone looking for a group and join them. I have very rarely committed to activities ahead of time.

One such commitment is my Blind Crota's End run next Friday. I was so pumped about it yesterday but knowing my Exotics will be gimped and that Strange Coins will be in extremely short supply with all the upgrading just took a big part of my excitement away.

I love trying to use a pulse rifle in the crucible but damn if they suck most of the time, scout is a lot better.

Doesn't help that nearly every map in the game is based around auto rifle gunplay for what I can tell, or snipers on the moon.

haha, i actually really enjoy my hunter. they are super useful, and gunslinger is godly. my problem right now is deciding what class to focus on first for TDB. It's between my warlock and hunter I think...all are at 30 but my titan hasn't been getting much attention lately. she was my first and we will always have something special... but i'm seeing other women at the moment...

I need to work on my warlock this weekend. Still sitting at level 8 with exotics and legendaries waiting once he hits 20. I guess now is a good time to do that.

I'm also taking down the NF tonight. Twice. That was hilarious last night messing around with it. Well, until we died.

"Don't die right now dude, don't die... fuck... fuck this... "

I love trying to use a pulse rifle in the crucible but damn if they suck most of the time, scout is a lot better.

Doesn't help that nearly every map in the game is based around auto rifle gunplay for what I can tell, or snipers on the moon.

Scout Rilfe/Hand Cannon>Grenades>Every other gun.

zewone

Knucklehead better than Symbiote? That extra golden gun shot has me drooling.

Only reason for me is Inverse Shadow, which I love on the raid helmets. Excelent in PVE.

Normal super meter per kill: 1.6%
Inverse Shadow super meter per kill: 3.5%

4th GG shot does jack shit in PVE. It is nice in PVP though.

But so it having your radar up while ADS with your primary.

Should I even buy a weapon from Xur this weekend or should I wait for next week when the patch's out? :/

Depends on if it's a good weapon. And some weapons like The Last Word are only used in PVP and don't need to be upgraded.

realcZk

I need to work on my warlock this weekend. Still sitting at level 8 with exotics and legendaries waiting once he hits 20. I guess now is a good time to do that.

I'm also taking down the NF tonight. Twice. That was hilarious last night messing around with it. Well, until we died.

"Don't die right now dude, don't die... fuck... fuck this... "

lol we just werent paying attention, too busy having dlc angst

Daemul

The more I thought about it last night, the more I agree. My goal is to get my characters very close to a new level for Vanguard and Crucible so on the 9th I can turn in a few bounties and buy some new gear right away. If the mark cost is the same, I should be able to at least get 3-4 pieces of gear and a weapon.

The first thing I'm doing is getting rid of my Raid chest and it's buggy ass extra Special ammo perk. I've already replaced my Raid boots with the IB boots so that I no longer lose Heavy ammo when I die, time to do the same for the Raid chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom