• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

No, the perfect OT12 title was suggested yesterday. Can't search for the post since I'm in class.

Anyway, it was Destiny |OT12| Reset to OT1 or something along those lines.

I love trying to use a pulse rifle in the crucible but damn if they suck most of the time, scout is a lot better.

Doesn't help that nearly every map in the game is based around auto rifle gunplay for what I can tell, or snipers on the moon.

Pulse rifles are poop. They don't have the range, stability and precision of scout rifles and they don't have the speed of putting down an opponent like autos have.

Since my disapointment with Bad JuJu, I ignore Pulse rifles all together and just focus on Scout & Auto

XblogPSN

Neo Member
In fact, with next update tuesday, we can throw old legendary (weapons and armors) & raid legendary ? no ? What is your opinion ?

zewone

In fact, with next update tuesday, we can throw old legendary (weapons and armors) & raid legendary ? no ? What is your opinion ?

They will still be viable in PVP and the element raid weapons will still excel at burn modifiers on Nightfalls/Weeklies.

cilonen

What does that mean? Is it now easier to level up with Light or harder?

Ascendant materials will upgrade legendaries you can buy with marks. There will be new legendaries with the expansion that are being forced on all players and they'll be harder to get, so if you have faction reputation and marks ready I'd buy some now. If you don't though, build up marks and reputation but don't level up with a faction until after the expansion drops so you get the commendation you'll need to buy the new legendary one you level a faction up.

Blues can also have as little as 2 light total on them and as much as 15 (or 17, I forget) so you can get to 24 IIRC just by luckily having decent blues. It's yet more RNG.

Edit, doh, that was pages ago but I hadn't refreshed my browser. Sorry META and good luck if you see this.

I'm sure it's going to bring a resurgence of people just afking in crucible to get that free rep/marks too...

There needs to be a way to filter this from happening as much as it did at one point.

Idle team > 2 minutes in X amount of time, kick out of crucible for a half an hour.

hydruxo

Not yet. They're still going to be useful because Hard mode Crotas End isn't going to be available until sometime in January.

Namikaze1

Next week. We'll fight each other while everyone else deals with Crota's ass.
Challenge-Accepted.gif

KingV

So, I'm trying to reach level 27 by upgrading my legendaries, and my current limiting factor is plasteel plating. What's the most efficient way to get some?

Do rahools engram's result in plasteel plating when the item is broked down? I feel like I have broken down armor in the past and got none.

Quickest way to get armor to break down is maybe tiger strike playlist?

zewone

So, I'm trying to reach level 27 by upgrading my legendaries, and my current limiting factor is plasteel plating. What's the most efficient way to get some?

Do rahools engram's result in plasteel plating when the item is broked down? I feel like I have broken down armor in the past and got none.

Do you have access to level 10 green items at Vanguard Quartermaster (robot near ship lady)?

Those are only 250 glimmer for the armor piece and can break down into plating.

Otherwise, yes, Rahool or Tiger Strike.

Daemul

Pulse rifles are poop. They don't have the range, stability and precision of scout rifles and they don't have the speed of putting down an opponent like autos have.

Since my disapointment with Bad JuJu, I ignore Pulse rifles all together and just focus on Scout & Auto

That's your problem right there, stop using Bad Juju, it uses the shitty Pulse rifle stat spread(high fire rate, low impact), Take a trip to the Vanguard and Crucible vendors and have a good look at two pulse rifles called Fair and Square and Super Pox VLO.

Red Death, Super Pox and F&S are the only Pulse Rifles(and only primary weapons) I use, though Super Pox and F&S are very replaced with their TDB equivalents on Tuesday.

They feel like pre-patched scouts where they are not showing their true potential, but it's making a change from using all the other weapons all the time right now.

now, if only matchmaking gave me balanced teams:

igYvFFO.jpg

hydruxo

I had this problem on my Titan alt too. Run story missions or Tiger strikes and break down any blues and greens you get. Also, the Vanguard quartermaster sells a green helm for like 250 glimmer than you can buy tons of and break down for 1 or 2 plasteels each time.

PuMa

Definitely Tiger Strike playlist in my opinion.

Victrix

*beard*
So if you currently have an Exotic armor piece maxed keeping you at level 30...

Upgrading it will de-level you.

If you don't upgrade it when Xur offers, you may miss the chance to upgrade it again for weeks.

Hopefully there will be easy to get level 30 legendary armor :|

PuMa

If you don't upgrade it when Xur offers, you may miss the chance to upgrade it again for weeks.

I think the legendary armor you will have access to right away will actually get you to 31!

I've realized I'll have free time when The Dark Below goes live so I'd like to try and be part of the first team to beat it.

Is anyone here interested?

Victrix

*beard*
I think the legendary armor you will have access to right away will actually get you to 31!

What armor? The stuff gated behind commendations? All three of my characters had just leveled their Vanguard rep and I dropped it to level faction reps instead.

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB

We will be running the Atheon checkpoint 3 times for characters to get the damn elusive Vex that really isn't elusive because some people have gotten 5 or more of the fucking thing. Bungie just has a broken loot system that hopefully will be fixed in Crota's End based on the changes they announced yesterday.

Anyways! Here is our roster so far:
1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man (me) - 3 Level 30 Characters (All 3 Classes)
2. LollipoPReapeR - PSN: LollipoPReapeR - Level 30 Warlock and Level 29 Hunter
3. MrAnderson - PSN: greyblade - 1 Level 30
4. stb - PSN: Berried_treasurE - 1 Level 29 Titan
5. Dave_6 - PSN: DaveS78 - 1 Level 29 Hunter
6. Bizazedo - PSN: Bizazedo - 1 Level 30 Titan (is that right Biz?)

Every Wednesday at 7:00pm EST starting next week on Wednesday December 10th.

All the PSN names and characters details should be correct now. Let me know if not! I will send out a group PSN message after work this evening.

zewone

now, if only matchmaking gave me balanced teams:

I'll never understand how people can be so terrible at this game.

I had a level 24 Titan get a 0.09 KD/R followed by a level 25 Warlock get a 0.07 KD/R in the next game.

I shouldn't have to do all the work if I want a victory.

I know Titans and Warlocks are terrible at PVP, but this is a bit ridiculous.

hydruxo

VAULT OF GLASS VEX RUNS - #FOREVERNOVEX RAIDING CLUB

We will be running the Atheon checkpoint 3 times for characters to get the damn elusive Vex that really isn't elusive because some people have gotten 5 or more of the fucking thing. Bungie just has a broken loot system that hopefully will be fixed in Crota's End based on the changes they announced yesterday.

Anyways! Here is our roster so far:
1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man (me) - 3 Level 30 Characters (All 3 Classes)
2. LollipoPReapeR - PSN: LollipoPReapeR - Level 30 Warlock and Level 29 Hunter
3. MrAnderson - PSN: greyblade - 1 Level 30
4. stb - PSN: Berried_treasurE - 1 Level 29 Titan
5. Dave_6 - PSN: DaveS78 - 1 Level 29 Hunter
6. Bizazedo - PSN: Bizazedo - 1 Level 30 Titan (is that right Biz?)

Every Wednesday at 7:00pm EST starting next week on Wednesday December 10th.

All the PSN names and characters details should be correct now. Let me know if not! I will send out a group PSN message after work this evening.

Can I join and get my 5th Vex? :) #TooManyVexes

Haha I hadn't even thought about that. What a joke.

Namikaze1

I'll never understand how people can be so terrible at this game.

I had a level 24 Titan get a 0.09 KD/R followed by a level 25 Warlock get a 0.07 KD/R in the next game.

I shouldn't have to do all the work if I want a victory.

I know Titans and Warlocks are terrible at PVP, but this is a bit ridiculous.
Hold on a second! Titans are not terrible! In the right hands, they can dominate the field. And Warlocks can be useful from time to time.

Freaking hunters thinking they're better than us...

Hold on a second! Titans are not terrible! In the right hands, they can dominate the field. And Warlocks can be useful from time to time.

Freaking hunters thinking they're better than us...

We are. Hip fire + knife to your face. GG, triple jump, chain of woe, gambler's dagger + knife juggler, etc.

One of my runs through the weekly heroic last night yielded me 2 legendary engrams. I threw them in my vault...

Do we imagine that there is a chance legendary engrams after the DLC launches will give the newer level rewards? They are essentially removing all of the old legendary gear, correct?

zewone

Haha I hadn't even thought about that. What a joke.

You shouldn't de-level at all. It will put you at higher light, even not fully upgraded.

Just like upgrading a weapon takes you from max 300 to 302 attack un-upgraded.

destiny-no-land-beyond.jpg

Frenden

Banned
One of my runs through the weekly heroic last night yielded me 2 legendary engrams. I threw them in my vault...

Do we imagine that there is a chance legendary engrams after the DLC launches will give the newer level rewards? They are essentially removing all of the old legendary gear, correct?

Worst case, you get what you would've gotten anyway. Best case, you get a new DLC-level item.

Either way, don't level up your Cryptarch until Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom