• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

I... I think I like Monte Carlo.

For a high ROF, low Impact AR it feels incredibly stable now. I think its stability is on par with Shadow Price. Crucible went decent with it, and I only have the hip fire perk on it as of now. Can't wait to unlock Field Scout on this.

If the hip fire perk was changed for unflinching or so, we would have a beast.

Namikaze1

Can your friend be the 7th?

lol
She doesn't have the season pass nor does she want to buy it. Plus she's trying to save some cash to go skydiving. She wants me to go with her when she does. I keep making up excuses why I don't want to. I don't want to die!

Plus, I'm afraid of heights.

rNilla

Who wants to play Salvage this weekend? It's going to show up this weekend, right? Right? Please Bungie?

k3pg9JM.png

Victrix

*beard*

For a high ROF, low Impact AR it feels incredibly stable now. I think its stability is on par with Shadow Price. Crucible went decent with it, and I only have the hip fire perk on it as of now. Can't wait to unlock Field Scout on this.

It's bonkers in pve with any build that has a strong melee (war machine, flame shield, etc). I don't think I've seen it go past three kills without instantly resetting melee. No need for strength.

hydruxo

It's pretty solid now. Stability makes it actually feel good to shoot. It was a mess pre-patch.

SkylineRKR

What is the best setup for MC anyway? the scope that increases impact, and field scout? Or does that lower stability too far?

It's bonkers in pve with any build that has a strong melee (war machine, flame shield, etc). I don't think I've seen it go past three kills without instantly resetting melee. No need for strength.

Yeah I'm Hunter so I don't see the benefit of that perk on my build. Maybe with Blink Strike. Or Knives ofcourse... yeah, knifes. Ah yes PvE... Knifes.

WipedOut

Anyone on XBONE up for Hard Raid later this afternoon, 530 eastern? I have Gatekeeper checkpoint on my Hunter and Templar on my Titan.

Hunter Level 30 - VoC, Praedyths Revenge and Hezen Vegeance maxed.

GamerTag - WipedOut

Namikaze1

I keep forgetting she reads GAF. She just sent me a text message saying "YOU'RE GOING SKYDIVING WITH ME WHETHER YOU WANT TO OR NOT!!! Also, Warlocks are better than your stupid Titan. :p"

God help me please.

Waldini

XBONE GAF,

Can anyone help me out finishing the Hard Raid? Im at the Gorgons, my internet crapped out in me so was unable to finish.

Im 29, Warlock. 300/300 weapons... Yes, I need a new full team. My group finished it.

Anyone? Want to start in 10. But im weak and cant solo it :p

Jamesways

So I guess with the new updates it's a good time to just start fresh with this game.

Picked it up yesterday, got two characters to level 8. I don't understand what any of the talk is regarding the exotic changes, but I'm sure I will as I get there.

Love the art style and gunplay, enjoyed the beta but held off since I had other games to finish up first.

I tried some Crucible matches, not exactly friendly to new players, have a pea shooter against rooms full of level 27+ players. Still pretty fun and a quick way of leveling up early though.

So strikes, Crucible, and Raids are the way to level up fast, yes?

Do you ever get a chance to tweak your appearance as far as face marks, hair, etc? Probably not, but just thought I'd ask.

NeOak

She doesn't have the season pass nor does she want to buy it. Plus she's trying to save some cash to go skydiving. She wants me to go with her when she does. I keep making up excuses why I don't want to. I don't want to die!

Plus, I'm afraid of heights.

Make her PS4 the primary in your account. BAM, she has the season pass if you have it. You can just use your PS4 normally as long as internet works.

But i meant for commenting about the run on a stream. lol

I keep forgetting she reads GAF. She just sent me a text message saying "YOU'RE GOING SKYDIVING WITH ME WHETHER YOU WANT TO OR NOT!!! Also, Warlocks are better than your stupid Titan. :p"

God help me please.

RIP nami. I'll keep you in my FL to remember you ;-;

But that's not true, right? I'm pretty sure you only need new/upgraded weapons for hard mode raid. Rest of mobs are level 30 right?

Right, so no need for level 31 or 32 weapons until you do HM, much like you don't need max weapons for any current content until you do hard mode. Again, I can't believe there's so much whining over something that's only needed for so narrow a circumstance.

Exactly. I can't believe people still don't know how the mechanics of the game work. Maybe that's what is leading to so much rage?

I can't believe you do so much whining about other peoples' reactions to a game you don't know much about.

1.) Lv30 Crota's End is almost definitely going to have higher level enemies by the end of it, given Lv26 VoG. Regardless, the bosses are 100% guaranteed to be higher level so the higher attack ratings will make a difference for normal raid.
2.) I also fully expect this to also be true for the new Lv30 NFalls, and higher level story/strike content.
3.) Higher attack rating is also 100% guaranteed to matter for new Iron Banner/Trials PvP content.
4.) For some people like myself, the high level raiding and IB PvP content with fellow Gaffers is 99% of my interest for the game. Calling it a "narrow circumstance" is absurd. Of course I do things like bounties as a means to an end but only due to the huge appeal of the aforementioned content. People go to jobs because they get a paycheck, its not weird to do boring things in games (or life) in order to get to the good stuff.

Of course nobody needs max weapons for anything, that was never the point.

Funslinger > everything in pvp.

No typo.

Hunters are to PvP what Titans are to PvE. Other classes can be good or even great, but they are the best.

We *really* need a Mail Sack this week to answer all our questions. But there won't be.

There better well be, if the update today does not address these issues it will be another shitstorm.

They also better start pouring in the goodies, like a great Xur selection tomorrow and more. Seriously, they fucked up.

1. Poor Communication between Monday's patch and yesterday's news, people like myself spent Exotic Shards and levelled newly buffed exotics for no good reason. There was no reason why yesterday's details couldn't have been in tandem with Monday's patch.
2. All the hope and good news from Monday turned into nothing but them getting things ready for new grind mechanics, not actually benefitting us.
3. Poor way of handling levelling up upgraded Exotics
4. Awful commendation system with Vanguard/Crucible that is even more of a grind than OG Destiny's method for getting gear from them
5. Legendary weapons becoming usless in a month's time
6. Deej's poor reaction on Twitter towards people being vocal
7. Adding so many more currencies and mats that invalidate the fact planetary mats are easier to get now
8. So much more...

Honestly, the only good thing that came out of yesterday was that Crota's End may do better to analyze your previous raid's loot rolls and ensure you get a decent drop.

Other than that it was all awful news and more grind no one asked for.

Most importantly, if The Dark Below doesn't fix the glaring issues with story/set pieces/characters I will be confident that Bungie can't make a level like The Silent Cartographer anymore.

LordofPwn

God help me please.
Can I have your Hawkmoon when you pull a Fig in real life?

That is until a Titan comes and goes FIST OF FUCK YOU NO FUN ALLOWED.

I hated that so much during IB.

Haha yeah but that's all Striker is good for. One big F U then they almost always immediately die anyway. A much higher potential ceiling when using Golden Gun or Arc Blade.

hydruxo

So I guess with the new updates it's a good time to just start fresh with this game.

Picked it up yesterday, got two characters to level 8. I don't understand what any of the talk is regarding the exotic changes, but I'm sure I will as I get there.

Love the art style and gunplay, enjoyed the beta but held off since I had other games to finish up first.

I tried some Crucible matches, not exactly friendly to new players, have a pea shooter against rooms full of level 27+ players. Still pretty fun and a quick way of leveling up early though.

So strikes, Crucible, and Raids are the way to level up fast, yes?

Do you ever get a chance to tweak your appearance as far as face marks, hair, etc? Probably not, but just thought I'd ask.

By the time you get exotics, the whole upgrade thing won't really apply and you'll be good to go. It's mainly just a frustration for those of us who have lots of fully upgraded exotics.

Best way to level up from 1-20 is doing the story missions & bounties and/or crucible. Crucible is a little rough early on when you have bad weapons but it gets better as you get rare/legendary/exotic weapons. Make sure to get heavy ammo whenever it becomes available in pvp because you can get lots of kills in a short amount of time. Strikes are good to level up when you combine bounties with them too.

After 20, there are lots of different things you can do level up. Hawkian has a post 20 leveling guide on the front page (some of it is probably outdated but alot of it still applies) that you can take a look at.

And no you can't change your appearance, just armor.

Deku Tree

So did we all calm down and put the pitchforks down?

So did Bungie backtrack and change their crazy player hating policies regarding progress resets every 3-4 months?

There better well be, if the update today does not address these issues it will be another shitstorm.

They also better start pouring in the goodies, like a great Xur selection tomorrow and more. Seriously, they fucked up.

1. Poor Communication between Monday's patch and yesterday's news, people like myself spent Exotic Shards and levelled newly buffed exotics for no good reason. There was no reason why yesterday's details couldn't have been in tandem with Monday's patch.
2. All the hope and good news from Monday turned into nothing but them getting things ready for new grind mechanics, not actually benefitting us.
3. Poor way of handling levelling up upgraded Exotics
4. Awful commendation system with Vanguard/Crucible that is even more of a grind than OG Destiny's method for getting gear from them
5. Legendary weapons becoming usless in a month's time
6. Deej's poor reaction on Twitter towards people being vocal
7. Adding so many more currencies and mats that invalidate the fact planetary mats are easier to get now
8. So much more...

Honestly, the only good thing that came out of yesterday was that Crota's End may do better to analyze your previous raid's loot rolls and ensure you get a decent drop.

Other than that it was all awful news and more grind no one asked for.

Most importantly, if The Dark Below doesn't fix the glaring issues with story/set pieces/characters I will be confident that Bungie can't make a level like The Silent Cartographer anymore.

How is this even an "if"? Bungie hasn't made a level like The Silent Cartographer since The Silent Cartographer which came out over 13 years ago, and might be the single best shooter campaign level that Bungie has ever designed...

Temujen

Neo Member
Could someone check this for logic?

- if you're level 30 already, you can do the normal raid from day one

- (new) raid armour drops from the normal raid

- upgrade material for new raid armour drops from normal raid

- you can upgrade your exotic armour

So anyone who already is 30 can completely skip the new legendary armour, right? All you need is to get three pieces of the new raid armour, upgrade materials and your upgraded exotic armour. So the new legendary armour is just a crutch for the people who haven't reached 30.

Even if you can't manage the later part of the new raid, you could still grind the first stages for a few weeks and get the first few drops until you are 32.

So grinding marks, commendations, "old" upgrade material is only for the sub-30s.

Or is there some mistake in my thinking?

What is the best setup for MC anyway? the scope that increases impact, and field scout? Or does that lower stability too far?

Yeah I'm Hunter so I don't see the benefit of that perk on my build. Maybe with Blink Strike. Or Knives ofcourse... yeah, knifes. Ah yes PvE... Knifes.
I use the increase impact and field scout.

NeOak

So anyone who already is 30 can completely skip the new legendary armour, right? All you need is to get three pieces of the new raid armour, upgrade materials and your upgraded exotic armour. So the new legendary armour is just a crutch for the people who haven't reached 30.

Even if you can't manage the later part of the new raid, you could still grind the first stages for a few weeks and get the first few drops until you are 32.

So grinding marks, commendations, "old" upgrade material is only for the sub-30s.

The new Legendaries can get you to 31.

Victrix

*beard*
Hunters are to PvP what Titans are to PvE. Other classes can be good or even great, but they are the best.

Pff. My Defender is in the upper percentiles on destinytracker.

No one can stop the thunderdome!

(except hunters)

(and occasionally warlocks)

(and strikers)

But otherwise, no one can stop it!

(I also have no idea how many players destinytracker actually logs to determine those rankings)

Seriously though, it has far more to do with the player than the class. All six specs are really powerful when played well. And by played well I mean 'uses pocket infinity and jolder's hammer'.

zewone

You're right to an extent, but new legendary will likely get you to 31.

But it will ultimately be a waste once you get raid gear.

Namikaze1

We can create fire with our minds.
3vKJqc7.gif

Make her PS4 the primary in your account. BAM, she has the season pass if you have it. You can just use your PS4 normally as long as internet works.

But i meant for commenting about the run on a stream. lol

RIP nami. I'll keep you in my FL to remember you ;-;
Sadly, she will be out of my place by then.

And please do! If you hear girlish screams and you can't find the source, that's me falling to my potential death.

If he still wants to. Dragon Age might keep him away.
He has no say in this. He WILL join us.

I hate Nami with a fiery passion.
Fine, I want my flowers back! And the chocolate too!

That is until a Titan comes and goes FIST OF FUCK YOU NO FUN ALLOWED.

I hated that so much during IB.
hey! That takes skill to do!

Can I have your Hawkmoon when you pull a Fig in real life?

hobbit-martin-freeman-double-flipping-04f.gif

His friend will say "Guardian down!" when he jumps.

You have become Legend. The legend will never die.
I hate you all.

R0ckman

I'm confused, if the devs at Bungie play on the same servers as us and they share our frustrations... Who the hell is actually in control there?

NeOak

Pff. My Defender is in the upper percentiles on destinytracker.

No one can stop the thunderdome!

(except hunters)

(and occasionally warlocks)

(and strikers)

But otherwise, no one can stop it!

(I also have no idea how many players destinytracker actually logs to determine those rankings)

Seriously though, it has far more to do with the player than the class. All six specs are really powerful when played well. And by played well I mean 'uses pocket infinity and jolder's hammer'.

I main Gunslinger. But I used a lot Bladedancer (windancer) during IB.

Now the R1 button of my DS4 is fucked though.

Deku Tree

1) Xur has to be offering to upgrade your exotic helmet in order for you to upgrade it. So there could be waiting involved.
2) You might want to be level 31 to do the normal CE raid + Weekly + nightfall and you might not get raid gear drops fast enough. My Titan has done the VoG normal so many times and still has not gotten any raid gear drops at all.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
so, I was out of town for a little over a week and when I'm back all of a sudden there are all these problem with the new updates and weapon reset or what not... sign...

so, just want to get a few things clear since between all the reactions and what not I'm getting confuse on what exactly this update effects, especially for me.

1/ I have a mix of legendary and exotic. none of the exotics are maxed save from 2 body armors. but I do have a few of the legendaries weapons that were. would these be useless now since I can't upgrade them?

2/ in order to get the exotics to be "good" for the new stuff, I'll have to upgrade them by trading with Xur along with some strange coins or some kind of shards, thus reseting it back to zero (but with raised base damage) without any of the perks and forcing me to relevel it again if I want to use it's perks. correct?

3/ to get new legendaries from vendors now I would have to get marks and level up "reputation", and only be able to get one piece of gear per each reputation level up?

4/ as someone who can't play that often (well, I can still play a lot, just not in a regular fashion, thus can't get into group activities like Nightfall or raid), what's a good way to go about this? keep in mind I only have 1 character level up (27 Hunter) and having trouble to even get that to 30.

I already per-ordered the DLC double pack and I don't plan on canceling it or what not. I'll still play but seriously this new update did not instill much hope or drive for me to keep playing. if I want to grind stuff I have plenty of other MMO I can do that just as well. I never really expected to get into such serious grind for this game from the start and even though the gunplay itself is nice, but at this point it's about the only thing aside from the graphics that's keeping me here, and that is slowly fading too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom