• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

606b742e_2ns25vs.gif

You'll have to come get them.
Keep an eye on the sky! I'll be jumping out of a plane for my flowers and chocolate!

Anyone who is online now, I'm ready to run Nightfall, Hard Raid, or kill that wizard bastard on the moon strike. Tonight, unless I misremember, I'll be running with Hawkian's Raid field trip, but that should take 2 hours max to where I can possibly put in for Hard Raid as well.
Just got off work....any update from Bungie?
-_-

They don't have time to update why they have no time to update.

spyder_ur

Yes, but why bother? You don't need to be 31 and raid armour will take you to 32.

I guess, but I've done something like 8 normal VoGs raids of my Warlock without a single armor drop. They say it will be better in the new raid, but who really knows. You can only do the raid once a week.

Deku Tree

Being 31 doesn't give you any bonuses on the 30 weekly and nightfall, right? Once you're on the same level as the enemies, nothing changes.

Being 31 gives you higher defensive stats. There is no guarantee that you wont see higher level enemies and bosses in the weekly and the nightfall at 30.

Anyone who is online now, I'm ready to run Nightfall, Hard Raid, or kill that wizard bastard on the moon strike. Tonight, unless I misremember, I'll be running with Hawkian's Raid field trip, but that should take 2 hours max to where I can possibly put in for Hard Raid as well.

Are you running Nightfall now? I need it on my two alts, but they're 24/25. If you wouldn't mind, I could use my 30 Hunter to get up to and almost kill the Nexus thing, then switch out to an alt really quickly.

Namikaze1

The song that will be playing when I jump will be that song from The Other Guys when The Rock and Samuel Jackson jump from the roof. It shall be glorious!

Please don't make me jump!

Temujen

Neo Member
I guess, but I've done something like 8 normal VoGs raids of my Warlock without a single armor drop. They say it will be better in the new raid, but who really knows. You can only do the raid once a week.

Okay, but I really want to cut down on my time playing this game. So skipping the new legendary armour cuts down the grind to a few hours on one day of the week. Nightfall, Weekly, Raid, Done. Time for better games.

spyder_ur

Yes, but RNGesus loves me. Got each old raid armour at least twice, most more than that (five helmets). Which is weird, since I'm an Atheist...

I'm starting to hate all you stuck up level 30s. Unless 4 of you want to come help me clear Gatekeepers and Atheon on my hard checkpoint tonight.

Steroyd

Today I learned all primary raid weapons are dogshit in Rumble, couldn't be bothered switching my sweet pvp guns from my hunter so I played with what I had, what I had was a 4 kill 11 death streak, while I was in awe of dat thorn and dat TLW while getting splattered against the walls.

Went to the Tower grabbed a Suros, ended the match with the Alone at the top medal, and I need to play this mode 5 more times with my Warlock, God help me!

Ghazi

I love how they still haven't introduced a higher level strike playlist, but they're altering the strikes without matchmaking. GG, Bungie. Not many people even play the lower level strikes, I'm sure.

Pickman

The song that will be playing when I jump will be that song from The Other Guys when The Rock and Samuel Jackson jump from the roof. It shall be glorious!

Please don't make me jump!

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the stream of diarrhea spooling out behind you, like skywriting an exclamation point on your own death.

Coconut

Banned
Today I learned all primary raid weapons are dogshit in Rumble, couldn't be bothered switching my sweet pvp guns from my titan so I played with what I had, what I had was a 4 kill 11 death streak, while I was in awe of dat thorn and dat TLW while getting splattered against the walls.

Went to the Tower grabbed a Suros, ended the match with the Alone at the top medal, and I need to play this mode 5 more times with my Warlock, God help me!

Well part of it is switching your usual load out for pvp is going to fuck you up as well but yeah some of them are pretty lame.

Frenden

Banned
I really can't wait to see how they try and spin the almost universally negative response to their exotic upgrade path in this weekly update.

What a terrible thing to drop a few days before DLC hits. Recovery mode? Doubling down? Where do they go from here?

So, new raid probably won't be ready at reset Tuesday morning or will it? Anyone know?

You can do it immediately upon release. But apparently only light level 30 can lead a fireteam. No idea if that means if only level 30s can do the normal raid or the leader must be 30 to start similar to Iron Banner.

Namikaze1

GAF just helped your friend in convincing you to Skydive.

Now she has to say "Guardian down" when you jump!
She just told me a date has been settled for my death. December 29. Someone prepare my eulogy. Make sure it says I was the best damn Titan Guardian Lord.

She wants to do it before the year's end cause it's one of the things she wanted to do in 2014. Me dying is not what I want though.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the stream of diarrhea spooling out behind you, like skywriting an exclamation point on your own death.
I'll make sure to spell out Pickman.

Pickman

She just told me a date has been settled for my death. December 29. Someone prepare my eulogy. Make sure it says I was the best damn Titan Guardian Lord.

She wants to do it before the year's end cause it's one of the things she wanted to do in 2014. Me dying is not what I want though.

I'll make sure to spell out Pickman.

Impressive muscle control. I'll allow it.

Also, be sure to wear a Go Pro or get the video from the tandem jumper, and share that shit with all of us. I expect a Destiny pun as you go out the door of a perfectly good airplane.

"THAT WIZARD CAME FROM THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON"

I love how they still haven't introduced a higher level strike playlist, but they're altering the strikes without matchmaking. GG, Bungie. Not many people even play the lower level strikes, I'm sure.

TDB (not sure if this will be available without DLC or not) will have a Dragon Playlist, lvl 28 or are you referring to something else?

spyder_ur

You can do it immediately upon release. But apparently only light level 30 can lead a fireteam. No idea if that means if only level 30s can do the normal raid or the leader must be 30 to start similar to Iron Banner.

I'm guessing only need to have a 30 leading.

I'm still confused about how it will unlock for season pass people though. Does it have to check with PSN at all? Seems like there's been some disagreement about that in this thread. I was assuming we'd have to wait for the store in some way.

Also, it's not clear to me if you need to play the story missions before the raid. Seem like it from this, but there's some vagueness:
Upon completing the story mission quest line, Eris offers two additional quest lines that carry the story past those missions with smaller, bite-sized events that you’ll track down in the game world. One of these quest lines provides a narrative path into the expansion’s strike, The Will of Crota. The other quest line provides a story lead-up to the expansion’s raid, Crota’s End.

Are you running Nightfall now? I need it on my two alts, but they're 24/25. If you wouldn't mind, I could use my 30 Hunter to get up to and almost kill the Nexus thing, then switch out to an alt really quickly.

Had to run out, but I'm logging in now to start. PSN ArkkAngel007. And no, I wouldn't mind at all.

So anyone else who wants to or able to run there is still a spot open.

Deku Tree

So since everyone gets the level 30 nightfall and weekly I guess that confirms by deduction that DLC owners don't get to have the DLC strike in the nightfall and weekly rotation.

Namikaze1

Impressive muscle control. I'll allow it.

Also, be sure to wear a Go Pro or get the video from the tandem jumper, and share that shit with all of us. I expect a Destiny pun as you go out the door of a perfectly good airplane.

"THAT WIZARD CAME FROM THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON"
Sadly, I don't own a GoPro but my family wants footage of me screaming and all my friends want to see me finally become a man as they put it. I told them to watch their backs come April 1.

MADGAME

So since everyone gets the level 30 nightfall and weekly I guess that confirms by deduction that DLC owners don't get to have the DLC strike in the nightfall and weekly rotation.

Isn't it also a timed PS exclusive too? That means it probably wouldn't make it in rotation anyway, like the Siege Dancer Dust Palace strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom