• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawkian, if there are more raid newbies than you can handle, I can run a newb group in about 8 hours for a couple of hours. Would love to take some fresh guardians through the raid before I leave on holiday.

PSN is ruthlesbarbarian

:)
8 hours from now is prooobably not going to have much overlap with my guys ;) maybe just start a new group?

Hung Wei Lo

Hope we can get a list down on prospective flawless raiders now. We have enough for a team...

So far we have

Lollipop
Greenymac
Boguester (FR)
Irawrsaurus (FR)
Galactic Toast
MandrakeUK
Hydruxo
SquallASF
Zoba (maybe?)
Konosuke
Duebrithil
Milkham
Dekutree
DjBlackice
Mind log
The log ride
Coyquettish

Would anyone else interested put your name down? Maybe we could organise a time that would suit most people...

Requoting (over and over again) and added fr(flawless raider) to people who have already done it.

This list has gotten pretty big. There must be a better way of keeping this somewhere.... Hawk, would it possible to stick it in the OP?

add me - PSN is Kinezo ...I'm pretty much available most nights. I also need the clan trophies too

8 hours from now is prooobably not going to have much overlap with my guys ;) maybe just start a new group?

Oh yeah, timezones...

OKAY, running a newbie raid in about 8 hours for anyone who hasn't run one before, or wants to come along for some fun and experience.

Can also do a hard raid for 29'ers who haven't gone through it yet.

What's required:

PS4
Level 25 or higher, any class. 26+ is preferred though because 25's will struggle in later half.
Mic - even if you don't talk much, you may need to call out portals and minotaurs, so best to have one.
Ability to have fun and play in a team.

Repost if anyone's interested and add me on PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

FyreWulff

W95CQrk.jpg

bless you nightfall baby jesus

although it has lower total defense than my chest so looks like that's heading for my alt..

That's cute. I've got almost 100GB... Glad I got that 2 TB drive lol. I'll also be on a bit later tonight if you still need teammates. Need to do some clash.

Damn, 100 GB is a lot. I'm kinda trying not to save too much since I haven't bothered to go back through any of it yet anyway, maybe tonight if I feel motivated. I'd be up for some PvP in a little while if there are people around for it.

If anyone needs to kill Xyor join me now.

PSN:SEBattleship

Thanks again for letting me snag that Xyor kill. I loaded in at literally the exact right moment before you put him down, haha. It was my third Thorn and 5th time doing that strike so it was nice to get an easy one. :)

I love how we took flawless raider from "it's impossible, fucking forget about it until a patch comes" to this snazzy website here with lots of people interested in running it. Very cool.

Damn, 100 GB is a lot. I'm kinda trying not to save too much since I haven't bothered to go back through any of it yet anyway, maybe tonight if I feel motivated. I'd be up for some PvP in a little while if there are people around for it.

Thanks again for letting me snag that Xyor kill. I loaded in at literally the exact right moment before you put him down, haha. It was my third Thorn and 5th time doing that strike so it was nice to get an easy one. :)

I love how we took flawless raider from "it's impossible, fucking forget about it until a patch comes" to this snazzy website here with lots of people interested in running it. Very cool.

You should set up a Hawkian style noob flawless runs every week to show people the ropes haha

That's cute. I've got almost 100GB... Glad I got that 2 TB drive lol. I'll also be on a bit later tonight if you still need teammates. Need to do some clash.

i had around 316 gb a couple weeks ago but it's down to 100 after deleting all my stuff from the beta.

i need to start pressing share before crucible matches so it starts recording then. i also have a bunch of 15 minute clips with only 10 seconds worth of gameplay to save, but it's so tedious to edit them.

You should set up a Hawkian style noob flawless runs every week to show people the ropes haha

Honestly that is a good idea if people's schedules work out for it. It should be very possible to get it on a team's first try if everyone gets past the jumps, or max two attempts which would only be ~2 hours.

That was a great time to join haha.

Lol no kidding, I feel a little guilty for not helping. As penance maybe I can help with a flawless run one of these days.

i had around 316 gb a couple weeks ago but it's down to 100 after deleting all my stuff from the beta.

i need to start pressing share before crucible matches so it starts recording then. i also have a bunch of 15 minute clips with only 10 seconds worth of gameplay to save, but it's so tedious to edit them.

Yeah, I can relate, the editing has been my problem too. Btw I meant to ask how you take those awesome HUD-less screen shots that Hawkian linked in the OP? Can you do that in-game or does it need special techniques?

I've hardly ever used the video recording feature on PS4. It saves the last 15 minutes right? I always forget about it...

You can change how much time it saves, from 1 minute up to 15 minutes. I usually just leave it at 15 to make sure I don't miss whatever I wanted to save since I usually don't remember to do it until after a match, etc. Of course then you end up with a shit ton of footage of loading screens and boring stuff I don't want to edit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i should go back and find some of those early quotes... amazing

Yeah, I can relate, the editing has been my problem too. Btw I meant to ask how you take those awesome HUD-less screen shots that Hawkian linked in the OP? Can you do that in-game or does it need special techniques?

i wanted to put a guide together but a few of the articles they were posted on already outlined the technique.

it works for all systems but the ps4 is the only one where you can upload the picture quickly. the others need editing/cap cards.

position yourself so that there's an object behind you (can be anything - the environment, another guardian or your sparrow - but something has to be behind you) and then sit down. if you move the camera correctly, the object behind you blocks the camera and then forces the perspective back towards you. you'll be sitting down though so the view will go over your head. a "pair of photographers" is basically unstoppable since they can stand anywhere and force the perspective without the need to position themselves in front of a wall or something. on my own, i had to be in front of a wall or quickly snap before the sparrow disappeared.

to get rid of the hud, you just double tap options and hit share before the screen loads. takes some practice to get the timing right.

sparrow was behind me here
ba5so6j.jpg

everyday math was behind me here (lol)
9F2VQoD.jpg

i'll probably take some more when the DLC releases.

Believe it or not, I have lusted for Hawkmoon for so long that I wasn't that excited when Fatebringer dropped for me in the raid yesterday.

Today I leveled up Fatebringer.

It does God's work.

Yes it's the hawkmoon killer in PVE

Finally got the vex !!!

Last night was my 24th hard mode clear and still no vex. I think some people are more prone to certain items in the game than others. I unfortunately I'm prone to getting sparrows and ships :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom