• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

Hard Mode Raid (starting at Gatekeepers, killing Atheon, then starting over) - PS4 - 8pm Eastern
1) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - Level 29 Hunter
2) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - Level 29 Titan
3) Agent_Tiro (PSN Agent_Tiro) - Level 30 Hunter
4) Phaethon0017? (PSN ??) - Level ?? ??
5) Temidien? (PSN Temidien) - Level 29 Titan
6) schwagger15? (PSN spyder_ur) - Level 29 Titan & Level 29 Warlock
alt1) ArkkAngel007 (PSN ArkkAngel007) Level 29 Hunter

Still taking alts because we have 3 "maybes" and need an alt or two anyway. Please quote and add gaf name, PSN handle, and level/class. Could really use a Level 30 as an alt.

raindoc on GAF and PSN - 30 Warlock for GK+Atheon/29 Hunter for fresh run; maxed IB, G'horn, etc.

stb

Ugh, reposting because it was literally the last post on the previous page.

ArkkAngel007 (PSN Same), Lvl 29 Hunter (Maxed Hezen Vengeance, Ice Breaker, and Vanquisher VIII; might have maxed VoC by then).

Great; adding you as an alt.

Updated list:

Hard Mode Raid (starting at Gatekeepers, killing Atheon, then starting over) - PS4 - 8pm Eastern
5) Temidien? (PSN Temidien) - Level 29 Titan
6) schwagger15? (PSN spyder_ur) - Level 29 Titan & Level 29 Warlock
alt1) ArkkAngel007 (PSN ArkkAngel007) - Level 29 Hunter
alt2) raindoc (PSN raindoc) - Level 30 Warlock & Level 29 Hunter

Still taking alts because we have 3 "maybes" and need an alt or two anyway. Please quote and add gaf name, PSN handle, and level/class. Could really use a Level 30 as an alt.

Can you confirm you want to join?

raindoc on GAF and PSN - 30 Warlock for GK+Atheon/29 Hunter for fresh run; maxed IB, G'horn, etc.

Added you.

A few, unless something unexpected happens. DeeJ is clacking away at the keyboard right now.

Great, maybe I will get the info in time then, only got one day off to pick next week, and it will be on the day the DLC hits! 9th or 10th depending on what time it is released :)

Thanks for the info Urk.

hetchi

Templar checkpoint for the hard raid. Preferably levels 30's please.

1. Myself/Hunter (30)
2. Warlock (30)
3. GibbShift/Titan (30)
4. Dhruv_Hanom/Titan (30)
5. DieHardReturns/Warlock (30)
6. thebeast

PSN: hetchi

Steroyd

I wonder if that level up crucible ranking to get package applies to level 3 and up, or just a level up in general.

My Warlock is crucible level 1 and my hunter is level 2 I think. :(

NastyBook

that'll work I've got 3 :) Still no Fatebringer though...I feel incomplete...I am not legend.
I am...finally.
ibofRY3wxwfJ4X.jpg

ibpCvEQiYpQRyx.jpg

688 fucking hours and a final FUCK YOU from Bungie by dropping Raid Boots last night, but I'm here.

Bring on the Hard Raids for the next 3 days before nobody cares anymore.

I just had yet another ugly thought, what if the upgraded exotics take the new ascendant materials to upgrade?

I hope not :(
I'm pretty darn sure we won't. They said they wanted to simplify maxing out Exotics so it should be just like the current ones where you just need xp and an exotic shard for the final slot. It's the new Raid gear that will require the new materials.
urk are you with Bungie? I have never been able to get a straight answer from people here.

Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled here :)

Yes he is. He was actually discovered by Bungie on this site back in one of the older Halo threads which is pretty cool. I can't remember if it was Halo 3 or Reach but I was part of that community at the time. There was another poster from here that was hired around the same time that was very well spoken and insightful concerning Halo's overarching back story. His username began with a V but I forget what it was now. I wonder if he's still at Bungie but hope he's doing well regardless.

ocean

Banned
I am...finally.
ibofRY3wxwfJ4X.jpg

ibpCvEQiYpQRyx.jpg

688 fucking hours and a final FUCK YOU from Bungie by dropping Raid Boots last night, but I'm here.

Your first Hard VoG as a 30 Defender will be special. Watch your Magnetic Grenade rip Minotaurs a new one.

Hey Urk! glad to see you poking your head in. Should we be expecting much from the update today or should we lower expectations?

I want to be filled with hope, but history would dictate we should probably expect our backlash to be gracefully danced around.

Not unacknowledged, just not appeased.

Hyun Sai

Anyone think we will get SOOOO many new, righteous exotics that the old ones and the upgrades to them wont matter? That can totally happen right?

Well, the new flavor of the month must be better than Ice Breaker or Gjallahorn, so that's a big challenge in itself.

---------------------------
Destiny [OT12] A reset so dark below it despises other resets...

MADGAME

Based on the unpopular info we have now, I'm thinking this would be a decent strategy to start off the new content as level 30:

Do new missions, weekly nightfall and weekly heroic and see what goodies drop.
I'm expecting RNG to still be merciless
Go through Crota's End (or try to, until it is figured out) and see if RNG gives you any raid gear
see spoiler above
Rank up factions via bounties for a chance (?) to get commendations and strategically used them as filler for the equipment/gear RNG probably won't give you.
Use all raid gear from VoG in order to rank up exotic gear to level up quicker, to avoid dropping below 30.

Sound legit or am I missing something? Could change depending on update info we receive later.

koryuken

Same situation, based on this Upgrade image from Bungie

xur_upgrades.jpg

So I have 46 motes of light. Based on this image, it looks like Xur will stop selling Exotic Engrames after this weekend and instead sell shards (another hidden nerf to exotics!). It sounds like i should buy the two Exotic Engrams and then hold onto them until the expansion is released.

Same with the Legendary Engrams guys -- if you have some, put them in the bank. Since they are purging the current Vanguard/Crucible gear and replacing it with lvl 30 items, logic says that using an Engram after the expansion will let you get the new items.

raindoc

ASAP or when we get 6 people in total. Yes, I want to complete it from Templar & beating Atheon. BTW, what levels are you two? It will make things easier if you are level 30.

i've got a 29 Hunter with maxed weapons, if a slot happens to stay open.

NastyBook

ASAP or when we get 6 people in total. Yes, I want to complete it from Templar & beating Atheon. BTW, what levels are you two? It will make things easier if you are level 30.
lol I just hit 30 a few minutes ago. Titan Defender. PSN: GibbShift.

Maxed AE, IB, and HV.

I wonder if the new dlc will have tidbits of real main story in it, or if its just dlc story....I'm assuming the latter. But it would be nice to know if the game has actual direction outside of the dlc for now.

Sullichin

So I have 46 motes of light. Based on this image, it looks like Xur will stop selling Exotic Engrames after this weekend and instead sell shards (another hidden nerf to exotics!). It sounds like i should buy the two Exotic Engrams and then hold onto them until the expansion is released.

Same with the Legendary Engrams guys -- if you have some, put them in the bank. Since they are purging the current Vanguard/Crucible gear and replacing it with lvl 30 items, logic says that using an Engram after the expansion will let you get the new items.

Wouldn't be surprised if they accounted for this. When they updated the cryptarch so purples would always decrypted into legendaries, it only affected new engrams going forward. I'd imagine it would be the same here.

Dave_6

Updated list:

Hard Mode Raid - PS4 - 8pm Eastern
5) Temidien? (PSN ??) - Level ?? ??
6) schwagger15? (PSN spyder_ur) - Level ?? ??

Still taking alts because we have 3 "maybes" and need an alt or two anyway. Please quote and add gaf name, PSN handle, and level/class.

Just quoting you guys so this is highlighted for you.

I'll try my best to be home by 7. If not before, it may be a few mins after. Hopefully I won't be a hold up!

Right side of the level, behind the square rock is the cleanse meeting point. When templar is shielded and relic carrier is building super, everyone kills harpies. Ignore Oracles, but get the few in sight. When marked, obviously meet up with RC.

When he disables the shield, 5 guys should wreck the Templar but one should be on harpy duty also. At least thats how we do it. Worked everytime, beat him in approx 7 mins each time. But it can go faster dependent on where he teleports to. We didn't try to cockblock his teleports yet though.

Shield with weapons of light is excellent here.

This method works very well, at least in the normal raid. This is the way I learned to do it going through Hawkian's newbie raid a couple times.

I am...finally.
ibofRY3wxwfJ4X.jpg

ibpCvEQiYpQRyx.jpg

Congrats man! I'm a sliver away from 30 with no way to get any closer unless I get some new raid drops tonight and/or enough shards to upgrade my IB gauntlets.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I hope you hear where we're coming from the past day. Get it changed Urk ;)

I'm pretty much always lurking (and playing, too). I get it.

Some of it comes down to communication, and that's on me as much as anyone. We've made it sound like all your sweet, hard-earned gear is getting deprecated or made straight up obsolete. Fact is, you'll be relying on it to tackle the new activities, including the Raid, and it'll be the same as it ever was, only now there will be new stuff to go after, too.

DeeJ will cover this in more depth, and he'll have a few more things to talk about, too.

hydruxo

I wouldn't be so sure. You need commadations for new Vanguard/Crucible gear, so for all we know they could've taken them out of the loot table for engrams.

Based on the unpopular info we have now, I'm thinking this would be a decent strategy to start off the new content as level 30:

Do new missions, weekly nightfall and weekly heroic and see what goodies drop.
I'm expecting RNG to still be merciless
Go through Crota's End (or try to, until it is figured out) and see if RNG gives you any raid gear
see spoiler above
Rank up factions via bounties for a chance (?) to get commendations and strategically used them as filler for the equipment/gear RNG probably won't give you.
Use all raid gear from VoG in order to rank up exotic gear to level up quicker, to avoid dropping below 30.

Sound legit or am I missing something? Could change depending on update info we receive later.

We are under the impression that there will be an increased light bonus to the new gear so you won't go down from 30 by switching to it right away. You'll just lose your perks and have to re-unlock them so it really just comes down to how useful the perks are, if you can live without them for a bit. For this reason I'll upgrade Ice Breaker as soon as I can because it's perks are nothing special and aren't what make the weapon.

Also, everyone should try to get their rep up to just before it levels and stop there waiting for Tue so as soon as the update hits, you can level up your faction/Vanguard/Crucible and get a commendation right off the bat towards buying legendary gear. Same as what we did before the engram update, saving all those blues for after the increased odds at purple as well as getting that legendary mail reward for getting cryptarch up right away.

cilonen

I'm pretty much always lurking (and playing, too). I get it.

Some of it comes down to communication, and that's on me as much as anyone. We've made it sound like all your sweet, hard-earned gear is getting deprecated or made straight up obsolete. Fact is, you'll be relying on it to tackle the new activities, including the Raid, and it'll be the same as it ever was, only now there will be new stuff to go after, too.

DeeJ will cover this in more depth, and he'll have a few more things to talk about, too.

Would really appreciate it if you could clarify if holding on to a legendary engram someone already has will be worth it or whether they will be restricted to current items even if we open them after Tuesday.

Edit, not personally clarify now :) just in an update or blog post before Tuesday!

Wouldn't be surprised if they accounted for this. When they updated the cryptarch so purples would always decrypted into legendaries, it only affected new engrams going forward. I'd imagine it would be the same here.

I feel that the engram you find has already rolled the RNG dice before you crack it open, the random element has already been selected the moment it's in your inventory.

Navid

Templar checkpoint for the hard raid. Preferably levels 30's please.

1. Myself/Hunter (30)
2. Warlock (30)
3. GibbShift/Titan (30)

PSN: hetchi
If you still have space and ok with a lvl 29 warlock, I'm up for going through it at the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom