• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem935

Banned
Hard Raid

1. Shem0275
2. Gen_hof
3. Ikkarus
4. Dienekes21
5. Arrammis
6. Raindoc

Starting in 30 minutes once everyone is on.

Urk, if you are still reading. Please consider adding some type of LFG system inside the game. We all realize the drawbacks and decision to not include matchmaking in the Raid and Weekly's, but many people rely on message boards and dedicated website's to facilitate group finding and filtering random people and this works pretty well.

aqmj8YY_700b_v2.jpg

edit: beaten like the empire

Yeah but you did it better :)

One of these days I will discover the secret cache of awesome gifs GAF users seem to have access too, one day

Pickman

Deej confirmed that getting a pre expansion exotic after December 9th will yield the upgraded version.

(i.e. if I do the Thorn bounty now but don't turn it in, and wait until after the 9th, it will be the upgraded version)

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/540581860686823425

Sweet. I just got Invective Bounty #2 (best of the 3 recycled bounties I keep getting) started, so when that's done I'll be rocking a beefier shotty.

Namikaze1

You're confusing me, my friend.

Think I will just forget that I put together a group for this stuff and start over. lol

:)
Yeah, I'll be running the raid with Fig, Math, Zoba, and Todd. I just don't have a 3-Guardian team for story missions and strikes. That's what I meant by that other post. I should have clarified that.

I wish I could explain to you what this game has done to me.

Good and bad. It was there for me during some rough times, but it has taken so much from me in my social interaction with friends family and my GF.

I have neglected so many people. I have neglected sleep.

I have dreams about the templar. Last night I was running through the templar in my head as I slept. Its crazy.

I was semi relieved when my GF took nyquil for a cold last night, becasue it ensured 2 extra hour of playtime.

This game has hooked me bad for 16 total days. Thats 384 hours.

on Tuesday, I received both Gjalahorn and Unniversal Remote, but their damage max is set to 300 but the last node requires an Exoitc Shard because they are not upgraded

what does that mean? If want the new damage max possble, to have to turn them in to Xur?

this game sucks at explaining things

on Tuesday, I received both Gjalahorn and Unniversal Remote, but their damage max is set to 300 but the last node requires an Exoitc Shard because they are not upgraded

what does that mean? If want the new damage max possble, to have to turn them in to Xur?

Don't put any more XP into the exotics until Dec 9th if you want to upgrade them to DLC-level attack

EL CUCO

Good and bad. It was there for me during some rough times, but it has taken so much from me in my social interaction with friends family and my GF.

I have dreams about the templar. Last night I was running through the templat in my head as aI slept. Its crazy.

I was semi relieved when my GF took nyquil for a cold last night, becasue it ensured 2 extra hour of playtime.

This game has hooked me bad for 15 total days.
aLXTU9Z.jpg

Pickman

Don't put ANYTHING into them yet. Leave them as is. For 7 strange coins you can buy an exotic shard, and if Xur has blessed you with RNG to offer it as one of the 12 items he's upgrading that week, you can get it as a completely unleveled but higher (302) starting dmg weapon. Anything you put into it now will be wasted if you intend to upgrade it.

Don't put any more XP into the exotics

yeah but if I want them to get to the new full max, do I wait for Xur?
Don't put ANYTHING into them yet. Leave them as is. For 7 strange coins you can buy an exotic shard, and if Xur has blessed you with RNG to offer it as one of the 12 items he's upgrading that week, you can get it as a completely unleveled but higher (302) starting dmg weapon. Anything you put into it now will be wasted if you intend to upgrade it.

thanks

I have dreams about the templar. Last night I was running through the templat in my head as aI slept. Its crazy.

This game has hooked me bad for 15 total days.

Videogame addiction is not healthy. Please seek help, and no, I'm not being facetious.

You're in the right place.

zewone

Don't waste a shard.

Wait until Xur shows up to sell you an upgraded version.

Hey I won't be able to do the 3x hard or is it new raid, nightfall and weekly this Tuesday. I will be available the following Tuesday however. RL stuff..meh. Wish I can do the new raid blind with you guys

Hey, no worries man. RL gets R sometimes. Assuming cyborg is still alive, that 6th spot was up for either you or Yzen so it makes that decision easier, haha. Week after next I'm sure it will all sort itself out. Thanks for letting me know!

Yeah, I'll be running the raid with Fig, Math, Zoba, and Todd. I just don't have a 3-Guardian team for story missions and strikes. That's what I meant by that other post. I should have clarified that.

Thats what was confusing me. You asked me if you could join my raid.

But it's not a problem, I'm sure there will be loads of people running it on Tuesday. I will figure out something.

You no longer need ascended energy for upgrading exotic weapons. You now just get enough XP to unlock all the nodes and the final node requires the new exotic shard. Exotic shards can be obtained by salvaging exotics or you can purchase them from Xur for 7 coins. DO NOT use a shard on either of them until after the update on Tuesday. When the update hits, if you want to upgrade your weapons, it will reset all your progress on those exotic weapons so you'll have wasted that exotic shard for nothing. Go ahead and buy the shard if you want when Xur comes tomorrow but hold onto it until Tuesday.

Jinjo

Glad to see Urk in here clarifying stuff. There might be hope just yet.

The least I hope for is maybe a free upgrade from Xur if you've maxed the old exotic. So all that time, glimmer, materials and (exotic) shards didn't go to waste.

yeah but if I want them to get to the new full max, do I wait for Xur?

thanks

Yes as of right now to upgrade to 331 damage you need to go to Xur with 7,000 glimmer and one Exotic Shard (sold by Xur for 7 strange coins) and he will upgrade the weapon if it is one of the ten exotics he is offering to upgrade that week. It seems that this will then return a completely unlevelled exotic with base ATK of 302. We are all awaiting clarification on this though via deej blog post that will come later today it seems

Pickman

I have dreams about the templar. Last night I was running through the templar in my head as I slept. Its crazy.

Dude. I hear the materials sparkley sound in quiet rooms now. It's the phantom phone vibrate of the Destiny gamer.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Neo, Qwell. You guys doing any hard raiding tonight? Anybody else doing any? I finally maxed out my Vision. Should be helpful during the raid.

Namikaze1

Thats what was confusing me. You asked me if you could join my raid.

But it's not a problem, I'm sure there will be loads of people running it on Tuesday. I will figure out something.
Hmm. Weird. I thought I mentioned it to you the same day you made the team that I'll be joining Todd and the others instead. Apologies if I didn't. If I recall, you'll be starting early, right? I probably wouldn't have been able to join anyway since I have my last final on Monday night and the next day is my little brother's birthday and I got to go pick up his Xbox One that I secretly ordered for him.

Its hard for me to distinguish blue from purple.
Purple shields - mainly Minotaurs and Servitors. Blue shields - mainly Fallen Captains and Vandals.

Dust Palace Strike has three boss Psions with each type of shield (Solar, Arc, Void). Those will most likely be a real pain in the ass for you to distinguish, but they generally stay within their own areas, so to speak. At the boss level, run to the far back corner, furthest away from the landing platform. Looking towards the platform, Arc Psion spawns in front of you, Solar Psion spawns on the platform itself, and Void spawns closer to where you first enter the final level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom