• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So basically for those with exotics already you need two shards to fully max the upgraded the versions? One for getting it upgraded and another one for the last node? So technically that would be 14 strange coins.

BuzzJive

This game has hooked me bad for 16 total days. Thats 384 hours.

Ay Caramba!

I've got over 5 days and 4 hours - which is a lot considering the wife and 2 kids and full time job and all. I have made poor decisions occasionally (staying up til 3 while having to get a kid to school by 8 or even playing at work) to hit those numbers. It'd be near impossible for me to fit in 3x my playing time to hit your numbers...

...but I would certainly like to play more.

phen0m24

Holy crud, according to Bungie.net

My Titan has 166 hours
Hunter has 92 hours
Warlock has 71 hours

329 hours/24 = 13+ days in game.

egads

Steroyd

Is Thorn much use outside of The Crucible? If so, might not matter that much, other than for IB.

Yeah, the poison goes through phalanax shields, and low level Vandals take one hit then die afterwards, it's really fun to use in PvE maxed.

Glad to see Urk in here clarifying stuff. There might be hope just yet.

The least I hope for is maybe a free upgrade from Xur if you've maxed the old exotic. So all that time, glimmer, materials and (exotic) shards didn't go to waste.

As long as I keep my perks that make my weapons fun to use rather than grind through mediocrity to get to that light at the end of the tunnel, I would be content with that middle ground.

lunlunqq

Deej confirmed that getting a pre expansion exotic after December 9th will yield the upgraded version.

(i.e. if I do the Thorn bounty now but don't turn it in, and wait until after the 9th, it will be the upgraded version)

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/540581860686823425

Ah! So that's why RNGesus hasn't blessed me with a Hawkmoon yet... because he does not want to let me stuck with a handicapped version of the gun. He's acting cruelly to me; but I always knew he secretly loves me. :'D

Thanks urk for posting and letting us know some info :) if you're still reading this, you should pull some strings if possible and have xur sell hawkmoon or ghorn ;) the former won't happen tho :(

phen0m24

Well I mean some of that is your son, right...?

i'm trying to help

Yes, fortunately. But I've taken it on myself to run his Hunter through the weeklies, Nightfalls and Raids.

hahaha

I looked at fig's total on just one character (15 days??) and I thought, "Ok, not so bad." :p hugs to fig

Ah! So that's why RNGesus hasn't blessed me with a Hawkmoon yet... because he does not want to let me stuck with a handicapped version of the gun. He's acting cruelly to me; but I always knew he secretly loves me. :'D

So that's why the Horn won't drop for me either. Makes sense.

LordofPwn

Holy crud, according to Bungie.net

My Titan has 166 hours
Hunter has 92 hours
Warlock has 71 hours

329 hours/24 = 13+ days in game.

egads

My lvl 30 Warlock has 240.5 hours just yesterday i finally got the helm for him.
lvl 30 Hunter has 70 hours just need raid boots for the set.
lvl 29 Titan has 48 Hours only has gloves.

358.5 hours/24 = ~15 days in game

CLBridges

Feels weird that Xur is the upgrade NPC, not Eris.

Yep, should've been Eris or the gunsmith. The gunsmith assists with exotic bounties along the way, so why not give him a more prominent purpose than buying ammo packs and waiting for rare fusion rifle stock. I mean, I like the idea of Xur and what "it" does now, but once a week is basically stifling progress purposefully to extend the game's content IMO. I'm still in for the DLC and feel that the content we do get will be great, but some of these decisions leave me smh.

On another note, who's getting a group together for Raid at release, cause I'm gonna be down for that and def would like to run it with some folks from GAF. PSN: GhostFaceDon

NastyBook

First Hard Raid as a 30 completed and I got VoC. Gonna level it up before it becomes obsolete, then run it through the Nightfall.

Thanks for the invite, hetchi! GG, dhruv.

Yep, should've been Eris or the gunsmith. The gunsmith assists with exotic bounties along the way, so why not give him a more prominent purpose than buying ammo packs and waiting for rare fusion rifle stock. I mean, I like the idea of Xur and what "it" does now, but once a week is basically stifling progress purposefully to extend the game's content IMO. I'm still in for the DLC and feel that the content we do get will be great, but some of these decisions leave me smh.

I'd love that. Have the options cycle every 3-4 days if they must. That way there's a fair chance we can actually upgrade if we want. Xur is too unreliable.

Don't put any more XP into the exotics until Dec 9th if you want to upgrade them to DLC-level attack

I thought the common assumption now was that you'd have to max them out the normal way first before they let you buy the upgrade from Xur so you can wipe all of your progress and level up the weapon again.

Kind of like prestiging in COD.

realcZk

Yes, fortunately. But I've taken it on myself to run his Hunter through the weeklies, Nightfalls and Raids.

hahaha

I looked at fig's total on just one character (15 days??) and I thought, "Ok, not so bad." :p hugs to fig

shieeeeett... just checked mine

520 hours total ... 21.6 days...

You ate my chocolates didn't you?

tumblr_n65gwt6GWK1s6z0sfo9_400.gif

kidko

I'm a little worried about the commendations as a barrier to crucible items.

I have over 5d of playtime and I JUST NOW unlocked rank 2 crucible vendor, meanwhile I'm rank 5 Vanguard and rank 3 in each Monarchy/FWC/DeadOrbit. I don't hate crucible or anything, I do alright there, it's just not something i can do for long periods of time. So there's a whole shop I still haven't been able to use in all this time... and now it will be even further away? :/

stb

Yeah that's fine. Once atheon is dead I will see what time it is and make a call if I can do second raid or not.

Does everyone or most have relic experience? As that could be the hardest part

No idea who has experience in what. We'll have to sort that out when we get in the party chat tonight.

Sorry that's a bit later than I was looking to run, was hoping to do a Hard Raid around now and finish this evening.

No worries, we have a few alts. I just wanted to make sure I didn't give away your seat if you wanted it.

Updated List:

Hard Mode Raid (starting at Gatekeepers, killing Atheon, then starting over) - PS4 - 8pm Eastern
1) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - Level 29 Hunter
2) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - Level 29 Titan
3) Agent_Tiro (PSN Agent_Tiro) - Level 30 Hunter
4) Temidien (PSN Temidien) - Level 29 Titan
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - Level 29 Titan & Level 29 Warlock
6)

alt1) raindoc (PSN raindoc) - Level 30 Warlock & Level 29 Hunter
alt2) ArkkAngel007 (PSN ArkkAngel007) - Level 29 Hunter
alt3) Coconut (PSN KrugerrandMan) - Level 29 Hunter

raindoc on GAF and PSN - 30 Warlock for GK+Atheon/29 Hunter for fresh run; maxed IB, G'horn, etc.

I'd like a couple 30's in this, so the slot's yours if you want it.

ArkkAngel007 (PSN Same), Lvl 29 Hunter (Maxed Hezen Vengeance, Ice Breaker, and Vanquisher VIII; might have maxed VoC by then).

Can you still take slot 6 if raindoc can't?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ArkkAngel007 is slotted in tonight's newbie raid (they are occurring at the same time).

He can drop out of that of course if needed (seems Squall could fill in for our raid).

ocean

Banned
why yes, gimme just a minute or two to collect about 1.2 million XP, ~50.000 glimmer and ~50 strange coins
I'm still in. If we get stuck it'll be on mechanics we don't know, not weapons. 300 vs 323 won't break our run. I hope you guys are still up for it!

Coconut

Banned
No idea who has experience in what. We'll have to sort that out when we get in the party chat tonight.

No worries, we have a few alts. I just wanted to make sure I didn't give away your seat if you wanted it.

Updated List:

Hard Mode Raid (starting at Gatekeepers, killing Atheon, then starting over) - PS4 - 8pm Eastern
1) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - Level 29 Hunter
2) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - Level 29 Titan
3) Agent_Tiro (PSN Agent_Tiro) - Level 30 Hunter
4) Temidien (PSN Temidien) - Level 29 Titan
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - Level 29 Titan & Level 29 Warlock
6) Coconut (PSN KrugerrandMan)- Level29 Hunter

alt1) raindoc (PSN raindoc) - Level 30 Warlock & Level 29 Hunter
alt2) ArkkAngel007 (PSN ArkkAngel007) - Level 29 Hunter

I'd like a couple 30's in this, so the slot's yours if you want it.

Can you still take slot 6 if raindoc can't?

KrugerrandMan, 29 Hunter.

hydruxo

Agreed (for the most part). Thanks for posting, Urk.

Also, E92 has been leading the charge to have the Mythoclast nerfed again. It's causing people to pine for it despite the expac coming up, so you should look into this. I was against it, but thinking about it, I might be being swayed to his position....

:)

You're just jealous you don't have a Vex yourself, Biz. It's okay. I'll melt things with my 3 Vexes in your honor.

coy

I wasn't sure what to expect:

Hunter: 214h
Titan: 100h
Warlock: 101h

17.3 days played. That actually is a relief lol.

LordofPwn

So... apparently i had a match yesterday in the crucible where i got 7 double downs... that seems really high. can anyone else top that?

Bladelaw

Only a small 11.75 days playtime thus far. No surprise the vast majority of that time was in Patrol mode seeking materials.

I appreciate urk stopping by but I'm really hoping DeeJ has a lot to say.

What's the reasoning behind commendations (is there one besides slowing progress?)
Why reset progress and remove exotic perks vs more bubbles/other upgrade paths that acknowledge time spent?
Why introduce the Exotic Shards 48 hours before letting people know just how valuable they will become?

I'd like answers to these at the minimum.

Greenymac

So... apparently i had a match yesterday in the crucible where i got 7 double downs... that seems really high. can anyone else top that?

I played a couple matches yesterday where the dumb fucks obviously didnt hear my thorn making begging for blood...I dunno how many double and triples i got, but it was like they were lining up for it and Im a very mediocre crucible player.

NeOak

Neo, Qwell. You guys doing any hard raiding tonight? Anybody else doing any? I finally maxed out my Vision. Should be helpful during the raid.

Sorry, I'm out of commission until the 13th. Finals.

So basically for those with exotics already you need two shards to fully max the upgraded the versions? One for getting it upgraded and another one for the last node? So technically that would be 14 strange coins.
Yup.

You ate my chocolates didn't you?
They fell to the floor when she didn't jump before dying.

How do we find out? We had pretty good runs yesterday :p. I had my first match with no assists and still got top

Edit: It's called a Lone Wolf :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom