• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Wow my stats.

Titan - 11 days 16 hours
Hunter - 5 days 3 hours
Warlock - 3 days 15 hours

20 days and 10 hours worth no wonder my backlog is insane.

zewone

It's patently better gear! DeeJ will address this, but I don't think people are going to get an Ice Breaker drop and struggle with whether or not they want to upgrade, or feel like the time needed to bring it up to full power is exhausting or un-fun. Fact is, without any upgrades, it should be more powerful straight out of the gate.

But I'm sure you'll sound off it it doesn't feel awesome, and you should!

urk - How can we know that if we decide to upgrade and start the Exotic upgrade process that we won't have to do the exact same thing in House of Wolves when the Light level gets increased again?

I love the game, but...it feels like you all are asking a lot from the users who have been there from the beginning.

W-were they good?

mouthfulloffood.gif

zewone

Wow my stats.

Titan - 11 days 16 hours
Hunter - 5 days 3 hours

I'm glad someone has me beat.

Hunter - 8 days 21 hours
Titan - 3 days 3 hours
Warlock - 3 days 6 hours

Frenden

Banned
You know I submitted mine a few days ago too....SALTIER THAN A MAFUKKA!

I have Thorn and Super Good Advice near done and am glad to not be in y'all's boat.

That said, I have maxed almost all my exotics (or one exotic shard short of fully maxed) and this update has certainly stung here too.

Were new found legendaries getting stronger versions if found after the 9th? because I am more excited about that then exotics because legendary guns have random perks applied, like ??? items in PSO, more fun then pre-set exotics.

LordofPwn

I played a couple matches yesterday where the dumb fucks obviously didnt hear my thorn making begging for blood...I dunno how many double and triples i got, but it was like they were lining up for it and Im a very mediocre crucible player.
Looking at your stats you had at most 2 in a match...

How do we find out? We had pretty good runs yesterday :p. I had my first match with no assists and still got top

Edit: It's called a Lone Wolf :D
I love the look of that medal. probably my favorite looking one.
7x%20Double%20Down.jpg

NastyBook

Up for anything, just wanna play a few matches. A_javierp on PSN. caution: I'm not a top-tier player, but I think I'm decent.
Adding you. Gonna take out the trash, then I'll be ready. Was gonna hop in a Control match to get a bounty, if that's okay?

Greenymac

I have Thorn and Super Good Advice near done and am glad to not be in y'all's boat.

That said, I have maxed almost all my exotics (or one exotic shard short of fully maxed) and this update has certainly stung here too.

Well, I already have a fully levelled thorn so...its not so bad, just wanted another!

I have two thorns, pocket infinity x2, ice breaker x2, gjallahorn x2, VoC x2, Fatebringer x2, and not one freaking hawkmoon...Also have handcannons out the yang...So, Im a little perturbed by it, but its not terrible. Ill upgrade one of each exotic and leave one OG style.

hank_tree

urk - How can we know that if we decide to upgrade and start the Exotic upgrade process that we won't have to do the exact same thing in House of Wolves when the Light level gets increased again?

I love the game, but...it feels like you all are asking a lot from the users who have been there from the beginning.

I can say with 100% confidence that something similar will happen when the next expansion hits. This is how all MMOs work. You plays for months, praying to RNGesus to get your top tier raid loot.

And then the next patch hits and that gear is no longer good so you need to play and grind and pray to get the new tier of gear.

And then a paid expansion comes out and the first quest giver you see gives you some normal armour/weapons that are better than the gear you've spent the last 2 years aquiring.

If anything, Destiny is progressive in that it at least has a path where you can upgrade your existing gear into the new gear. A lot of MMOs don't even have that.

Hoodbury

So... apparently i had a match yesterday in the crucible where i got 7 double downs... that seems really high. can anyone else top that?

Just checked my best match where I had 35 kills and I had 6 double downs. Close, but you still have the lead I guess.

I had another match with 22 kills and 22 assists. Anyone ever get that many assists before?

I'm still waiting for my new DualShock 4 to be delivered so my PS4 had been collecting dust since the weekend, but then I realized...

I can actually navigate the PS4 with a USB keyboard! I can update all my shit (System Software, Destiny patch, CoD: Advanced Warfare patch, PS+ December free games, etc.), holy shit

patchday

I can say with 100% confidence that something similar will happen when the next expansion hits. This is how all MMOs work. You plays for months, praying to RNGesus to get your top tier raid loot..

not all, just the shallow gear treadmill MMOs. For example, Guild Wars & EVE this does not exist

But this isn't an MMO. Its a really great shooter burdened with very poor mmo mechanics

Due to this lame duck week pending DLC, I decided to do something I haven't done in a long time. I played a game other than Destiny, and I liked it. It was a weird experience, the gameplay feel of another shooter. I have been glued to Destiny and almost that exclusively for nearly 3 months and forgot what it was like to play other games. I might do that a little more now. My backlog needs some attention and I can still plod along in Destiny.

Frenden

Banned
That's only 14 Strange Coins. Shitty, but not too shitty.
I'm out... considerably more.

All because they had me excited when they addressed the problems with the mat system.
mYNS1Ca.gif

Same here. I spent marks, mats, and glimmer to get my exotics all ready for their final exotic shard upgrades this weekend for naught.

Did anyone see this?

"Bungie Explains Destiny’s Mysterious Third Subclass Slot"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...destiny-s-mysterious-third-subclass-slot.aspx

tl;dr: was left in out of laziness from a deprecated system where you could at one time lock in subclasses for bonuses, doesn't hint towards a third subclass

I'm still holding out hope to someday have all three elements on all three classes. It makes too much damn sense and would be easier than Bungie adding a fourth class...which would also be nice :)

Daemul

Wow my stats.

Titan - 11 days 16 hours
Hunter - 5 days 3 hours

That what's happens when you create 3 different class. I have 3 of the same class, so I haven't spent much time at all on my alts.

Main Titan - 12 days 3 hours 27 minutes
2nd Titan - 0 days 23 hours, 42 minutes
3rd Titan - 0 days 17 hours 56 minutes

I only use my alts for nightfall, weekly strike and Hard raid, which only takes 2 hours each per week tops.

By the way, it's crazy but if you plug your DualShock 3 into your PS4 it actually tells you 'Cannot use a wireless PS3 controller'

Well, if you can recognize it, why won't you let me use it, if only just for the menus?

Edit: Also, my mouse is recognized but there is no cursor, can't do anything with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom