• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I downloaded the trial version on XBL the other day and was curious if my character in that will carry over to the full game when I pick it up?

Agent

I haven't run a normal raid this week on my titan and my hunter is level 25. I'm assuming it would be a waste of time to do the raid or do any leveling up until next week, right? I guess I can start playing my PS4 copy of GTAV and not worry about this game.

The only thing I maybe see myself doing over the next few days is leveling up factions to almost the point of rank up for this stupid commendation system.

I'm 315 hours in and I have lost a lot of interest in playing after the news yesterday.

Namikaze1

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit. Says my recent Crucible stuff is from November 6. Bullshit. I played several Crucible matches the past few weeks. Hell, I have proof of one match where I went 20-0 with my Titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Typical Hawkian, always take, take, take, and never giving anything back to the community!
I haven't actually seen ArkkAngel respond unless I missed it- my Raid tonight is a Normal one, so I would completely understand if he wants to join in on yours for the shot at hard instead, and I do have Squall willing to step in if he gives up the spot. Totally up to him.

darthbob

So I don't have PS+ anymore, money is tight so I don't know when I'll be able to re-up. I've got a 30 day trial though so I might use that when the expansion hits.

Aside from Crucible, what can I NOT do without PS+? Matchmade Strikes I think?

Hzoltan69

Reposting.

Can we get a Hard Raid going? I am a 30 Warlock with Oracles checkpoint.
I'll start the list (please be 30 with a great sniper to get through the Templar with ease):

1- silvertongueBR (30 Warlock)
2- Lebeau (29 Warlock)
3-
4-
5-
6-

I'm in with my lvl 30 titan if we can start soon and are experienced enough to blast through. PSN: Hzoltan969

I think this has been confirmed to not be the case.

So I don't understand the point of wiping out our progress leveling up exotics. Why is making us redo what we just did necessary to bring up the attack total? And in turn, what incentive do I have to bother leveling up new exotics if they're just going to turn around and make us redo all of the additional exotics we'll already have?

Seems like I'd be better off just shelving the game til later next year when everything is out and I can just do my upgrades once then.

Deku Tree

So I don't have PS+ anymore, money is tight so I don't know when I'll be able to re-up. I've got a 30 day trial though so I might use that when the expansion hits.

You can only play the horrible not fun content can be played without PS+.

hydruxo

Pretty sure you can't do anything on Destiny since it's all connected to the internet. When you're in the Tower you're with other people, likewise with patrols.

NeOak

You can't use a trial if you already used one or already had PS+.

CornDogg

Pretty sure you can't do anything on Destiny since it's all connected to the internet. When you're in the Tower you're with other people, likewise with patrols.

There are some activities that don't require PS+. I'm just not sure exactly what those are.

Zakalwe

Banned

I think you're locked out of all co-op and pvp.

No raids, strikes, crucible... Not sure about public events or patrol fireteams.

VOG was exciting?

VOG was very exciting in its early times, before it had become routine and well known. Watching the first groups of people try to go through the raid and figure it out, jumping in yourself for the first time in this totally foreign, interesting environment with unique mechanics...yeah, it was very exciting.

Now, obviously, it can be done in like 40 minutes and most people can burn it like any other piece of content. But in the beginning it was more mysterious, and definitely more challenging as there was less exotic/raid gear floating around.

Reposting.

Reposting.

I'll start the list (please be 30 with a great sniper to get through the Templar with ease):

2- Lebeau (29 Warlock)
3- Hzoltan969 (30 Titan)
4- kadey1up (right?)
5- MandrakeUK (29 Titan)
6-

Reposting.

Reposting.

2- Lebeau (29 Warlock)
3- Hzoltan969 (30 Titan)
4- MandrakeUK(29 Titan) -
5-
6-

Can go 30 if we have issues, but I have completed once with my 29 hunter already btw.

PSN: MandrakeUK

One more spot.

Reposting.

2- Lebeau (29 Warlock)
3- Hzoltan969 (30 Titan)
4- kadey1up (right? I think we are friends already)
5- MandrakeUK (29 Titan)
6-

Feorax

Anyone want to bet that this is the week that Ice Breaker or Ballerhorn are on sale? Given that buying either means you're knowingly getting a version you might not be able to fully upgrade for a while.

CornDogg

Yeah I have no idea. I just know there's been times when my internet was out and it wouldn't even let me sign in.

Yeah, you'll need an Internet connection regardless to play. You just don't need PS+ for everything. I imagine the experience will be significantly more limited, though.

noomi

Good to hear!

I know Ambitious is out and looks like twist/noomi85 is raiding earlier in the week. I know Mr-Stephen is probably still in. Ocean? Who was the final one?

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to make it after all, wife is leaving that day and I need to help her with a ton a crap :( Sorry guys.

Trying to get with another group earlier while I actually have a chance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone want to bet that this is the week that Ice Breaker or Ballerhorn are on sale? Given that buying either means you're knowingly getting a version you might not be able to fully upgrade for a while.
If they are actually rotating one each week, then this week is due for a Heavy. I'd love it to be Gjallahorn, but I almost assume they'll troll with a Truth. Or maybe Thunderlord.

EL CUCO

Gjallarhorn is coming.

BELIEVE.

Out 1

At the last boss in NF. The boss is at 10% hp. Have room for 2 more. Just add me and join - delamarch (PS4). One request though: after joining please wait a minute while I swap characters

I just can't believe how mismanaged and poorly communicated this transition to the new expansion has been.

This type of mismanagement would lead to people being fired in my workplace.

So much wasted time, mats, etc.

Wow

Had an 18 medal match too last night. Best match I've had.
TrKvFx3.png

Got to love that Thorn and Corrective Measure.

I've had multiple matches where I went 20+ kills... and 1 death. I've gone on a 40+ kill streak... with deaths.

I never did get that Mark of the Unbroken :<
I didn't even realize I never died until that medal popped up. I was definitely surprised. Never thought I'd get that one. I was just in the zone last night. I wasn't even listening to game audio. Had some headphones on listening to some music. Might have to do that more often.

CornDogg

It's really hard to get excited about anything this week. I feel like we just can't trust Bungie anymore.

I do not believe.

It's very disappointing, considering how much goodwill the latest patch brought. I'm still holding out hope that today's weekly update will improve things.

I'm not even as impacted by the exotic upgrade process as some - Ice Breaker is the only fully-leveled exotic I have. The rest are partials, usually with the unique perks at least unlocked. Even though I'm not as affected, I'm still not looking forward to starting over with all of them.

M3Rocket

Only a small 11.75 days playtime thus far. No surprise the vast majority of that time was in Patrol mode seeking materials.

I appreciate urk stopping by but I'm really hoping DeeJ has a lot to say.

1. What's the reasoning behind commendations (is there one besides slowing progress?)
2. Why reset progress and remove exotic perks vs more bubbles/other upgrade paths that acknowledge time spent?
3. Why introduce the Exotic Shards 48 hours before letting people know just how valuable they will become?

I'd like answers to these at the minimum.

Reading between the lines, my $0.02 is:

1. I suspect no other reason other than to gate the leveling progression so you can't hoarde any currency/resources, purchase ALL the armor you need and level up to 31 within a couple of hours of the DLC release.

2. Sounds more and more like it is a technical limitation. While there is visual space for it, I suspect that the weapons leveling bubbles and how they are distributed is "fixed." By that I mean that "adding" upgrade bubbles would create all kinds of nightmarish repercussions throughout the entire "Destiny World" coding wise. Same with distributing weapons with already "unlocked" bubbles.

3. Communication SNAFU.

hydruxo

Waiting on the weekly update.

Deej tweeted to hold off from submitted completed exotic bounties because next week after the DLC you would get the new version instead. A little too late again in communicating.

Ugh.

This shit is dumb. I just finished the Thorn bounty two days ago after having it in my bounty slot since October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom