• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more spot.

Reposting.

Can we get a Hard Raid going? I am a 30 Warlock with Oracles checkpoint.
I'll start the list (please be 30 with a great sniper to get through the Templar with ease):

1- silvertongueBR (30 Warlock)
2- Lebeau (29 Warlock)
3- asamoto (29 warlock)
4- kadey1up (30 titan)
5- MandrakeUK (29 Titan)
6-

Nevermind hzoltan made it.

Jinjo

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to make it after all, wife is leaving that day and I need to help her with a ton a crap :( Sorry guys.

Trying to get with another group earlier while I actually have a chance.

No problem man. Gotta get your own chance in too. ;)

So that's still me, Mr-Stephen and Zoltan up for blind Crota raid. Ocean, you still in?

So our team still consists of

- Jinjo
- Mr-S
- Zoltan
- Ocean (?)
- open spot (unless Ambitious makes a glorious comeback)
- open spot

First plan was go at it friday the 12th 7pm GMT, we can start a day earlier too but that's gonna be from 8pm GMT at the earliest (for me). How does everyone else feel about that?

Temidien

Neo Member
VOG was very exciting in its early times, before it had become routine and well known. Watching the first groups of people try to go through the raid and figure it out, jumping in yourself for the first time in this totally foreign, interesting environment with unique mechanics...yeah, it was very exciting.

Now, obviously, it can be done in like 40 minutes and most people can burn it like any other piece of content. But in the beginning it was more mysterious, and definitely more challenging as there was less exotic/raid gear floating around.

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."

It's very disappointing, considering how much goodwill the latest patch brought. I'm still holding out hope that today's weekly update will improve things.

I'm not even as impacted by the exotic upgrade process as some - Ice Breaker is the only fully-leveled exotic I have. The rest are partials, usually with the unique perks at least unlocked. Even though I'm not as affected, I'm still not looking forward to starting over with all of them.

I'm the opposite. Even weapons like MIDA Multitool which i don't use during the raid i fully leveled just because I like that weapon a lot and wanted to upgrade it. When you do the raid regularly you have enough energy to upgrade most weapons. I just feel like bungie took the easy route without giving much thought to it. It really is the most boring way to do this whole upgrade thing. A little creativity on their part would go a long way

I haven't actually seen ArkkAngel respond unless I missed it- my Raid tonight is a Normal one, so I would completely understand if he wants to join in on yours for the shot at hard instead, and I do have Squall willing to step in if he gives up the spot. Totally up to him.

Hard Mode Raid (starting at Gatekeepers, killing Atheon, then starting over) - PS4 - 8pm Eastern
1) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - Level 29 Hunter
2) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - Level 29 Titan
3) Agent_Tiro (PSN Agent_Tiro) - Level 30 Hunter
4) Temidien (PSN Temidien) - Level 29 Titan
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - Level 29 Titan & Level 29 Warlock
6)

alt1) raindoc (PSN raindoc) - Level 30 Warlock & Level 29 Hunter
alt2) ArkkAngel007 (PSN ArkkAngel007) - Level 29 Hunter
alt3) Coconut (PSN KrugerrandMan) - Level 29 Hunter

Did you guys end up finding other raids? If you guys are out, I want to make sure I have some other backups.

Sorry STB, had to head out for a while and couldn't respond. Same to you Hawk.

Whoever needs me the most, I'll head in for. I need the Hard Raid, but Hawk's group was my initial engagement for the evening. Now, if there's a newer player that needs Hawk's spot, I would not mind giving up that spot since I've ran normal Raid already and would rather people earn their spurs.

Ambitious

Good to hear!

I know Ambitious is out and looks like twist/noomi85 is raiding earlier in the week. I know Mr-Stephen is probably still in. Ocean? Who was the final one?

I've calmed down a bit.
This is such bullshit. I can only play on weekends. It took me weeks to max just five of my exotics.

Frenden

Banned
Having to pay exotic shards and glimmer on top of the mats already sunk into our exotics for the privilege of re-grinding their XP when someone else can get them dropped anew and do half the work and spend half the mats makes no sense.

None. There is no spin fast enough to make this fair.

Temidien

Neo Member
Waiting on the weekly update.

Deej tweeted to hold off from submitted completed exotic bounties because next week after the DLC you would get the new version instead. A little too late again in communicating.

Ugh.

So if I'm currently working on the Shattered Fragment Memory bounty, will progress be wiped next week or will I keep my level of progress but the bounty will upgrade to the next tier of the weapon? If I have to collect another 10 rare/legendary fusion rifles, I'm just calling it quits on that weapon.

Thanks to Urk for hanging out and chatting, good man.

Waiting on the weekly update.

Deej tweeted to hold off from submitted completed exotic bounties because next week after the DLC you would get the new version instead. A little too late again in communicating.

Ugh.

I mean... I could have realized this on my own... but... urghh... Oh well, I still have a nearly finished Juju bounty.

Matt Frost

Oh I bought this for PS4 and so far... I am in love with Destiny... I was hesitant at first because someone told me it was the "World of Warcraft version of shooters" but its more like an Shooter RPG with a lot of people in it to me. Level 8 and going, and since I am used to Diablo 3 ToS I dont mind the grind one bit. In fact, a part from being more complete than that game, I find this game amusing since is a breath of fresh air from Battlefield/Call of Duty games. LOVE DESTINY.

Jinjo

I've calmed down a bit.
This is such bullshit. I can only play on weekends. It took me weeks to max just five of my exotics.

I think everyone was mad yesterday and felt kinda robbed of their time and effort. Hopefully they'll make the process a bit more easy with all the feedback. Even if it is bonus xp/free upgrade for already maxed stuff.

Still, hoping we can keep most the Crota team together. I think everyone will go in with their current maxed gear anyway. It's gonna be a glorious final homage to our old and trusted gear, if we will continue playing after or not.

ChuckNyce

So if I'm currently working on the Shattered Fragment Memory bounty, will progress be wiped next week or will I keep my level of progress but the bounty will upgrade to the next tier of the weapon? If I have to collect another 10 rare/legendary fusion rifles, I'm just calling it quits on that weapon.

Ugh same. I've got almost no glimmer because I spent it at the Gunsmith buying 8 rare fusion rifles...if I have to do that all over again...

stb

Sorry STB, had to head out for a while and couldn't respond. Same to you Hawk.

Whoever needs me the most, I'll head in for. I need the Hard Raid, but Hawk's group was my initial engagement for the evening. Now, if there's a newer player that needs Hawk's spot, I would not mind giving up that spot since I've ran normal Raid already and would rather people earn their spurs.

No worries, thanks for the response.

It's 6 Eastern now, though, so since you seem good with the Hawkian raid and raindoc joined another raid, I'm going to give the slot to Coconut.

I added you on PSN, so if he doesn't show for some reason, I'll message you to see if you can fill in.

hydruxo

According to Deej's tweet, it appears that bounty progress will remain the same and if you turn it in after the DLC is out, you'll get the higher attack rating version of it.

Jinjo

This shit is dumb. I just finished the Thorn bounty two days ago after having it in my bounty slot since October.

I handed in the Pocket Infinity bounty on thuesday. After the patch was live, yet still a day before the exotic upgrade news even hit man. Fucked up.

Oh, believe you me, there were far less interesting paths on the table! ;)

I've read a lot of great suggestions from the community in the past hours. Many of them are, in fact, paths we explored. Sometimes there are technical dead ends, and often there are other "oh shit" issues to consider that only become apparent as we spin up a build and play it ourselves.

But, I tend to shy away from digging too deeply into the "hey, making games is really hard" path with players, because honestly why should you care about the challenges? Makes for a cool story, maybe, but ultimately doesn't change how you experience Destiny.

Thanks for the response :)

Doesn't change anything though. Upgrading my exotics again without the excitement of unlocking perks of a brand new exotic item is not my idea of a fun video game. It's a chore. Like a job and that's where I draw the line

I handed in the Pocket Infinity bounty on thuesday. After the patch was live, yet still a day before the exotic upgrade news even hit man. Fucked up.

It's stupid and makes no freaking sense. It's the same damn item. Either have all of them upgraded as in the existing ones that players own automatically get their attacks raised or have every pocket infinity no matter when you get it be of a "lower tier" and have an upgrade path through Xur. The inconsistency is just stupid

Anyone interested in maxing vanguard and crucible marks along with rep (just enough to be 1 or 2 bounties away from max) to get ready for The Dark Below?

I have 3 characters at level 30 so someone with at least 2 characters looking to do the same.

Looking to start around 7:30pm EST for the remainder of the night.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

No problem man. Gotta get your own chance in too. ;)

So that's still me, Mr-Stephen and Zoltan up for blind Crota raid. Ocean, you still in?

So our team still consists of

- Jinjo
- Mr-S
- Zoltan
- Ocean (?)
- open spot (unless Ambitious makes a glorious comeback)
- open spot

First plan was go at it friday the 12th 7pm GMT, we can start a day earlier too but that's gonna be from 8pm GMT at the earliest (for me). How does everyone else feel about that?

If you have a spot open I'd love to join in. I finally have a Friday off and it would be the day after my last final.

No worries, thanks for the response.

It's 6 Eastern now, though, so since you seem good with the Hawkian raid and raindoc joined another raid, I'm going to give the slot to Coconut.

I added you on PSN, so if he doesn't show for some reason, I'll message you to see if you can fill in.

Sounds good. Have a good run.

darthbob

You can only play the horrible not fun content can be played without PS+.

I think you're locked out of all co-op and pvp.

No raids, strikes, crucible... Not sure about public events or patrol fireteams.

You can't use a trial if you already used one or already had PS+.

Pretty sure you can't do anything on Destiny since it's all connected to the internet. When you're in the Tower you're with other people, likewise with patrols.

Balls. Guess I'll get to do the Solo Strike and the Single Player though... at least. :-/

damn you sony for making MP pay to play

forrest

formerly nacire
Destiny |OT12| We heard you wanted more.

Urk - if you're around my suggestion is allow access to your vault from orbit and tie vault size upgrades to ship upgrades.

Jinjo

It's 6pm est, where is our aforementioned Bullshit, Deej?!

Not enough facespitting in there yet.

sorry Deej lol

but if you're reading this, get back to work, seriously

If you have a spot open I'd love to join in. I finally have a Friday off and it would be the day after my last final.

Sure thing! You are aware of the 8 hour time difference I presume? As long as you have the day off should be good. :)

So it's:

- Jinjo
- Mr-Stephen
- Zoltan69
- GalacticToast
- Ocean
- Ambitious

I'm gonna assume the final two are still in. :p Don't leave us hanging!

SGRX

If anything, Destiny is progressive in that it at least has a path where you can upgrade your existing gear into the new gear. A lot of MMOs don't even have that.

What options did they have, but to allow existing exotics to be carried forward? Render them all obsolete, replaced by around a quarter that number of new exotics, barely 3 months after the game's release? It's worth noting that the new content release for Destiny has both arrived fairly quickly, and is fairly shallow, relative to any other MMO expansion content I've seen. Not allowing exotic upgrades would have seen the expansion effectively reducing the amount of relevant content in the game.

The fairest way to allow upgrades would have been to simply charge the 7,000 glimmer/7 strange coin fee, and carry over existing xp completion (basically how the Mythoclast upgrade went live, but with an associated cost). While resetting them might add another time sink to the game, it's a pretty big disincentive to the existing playerbase, after hundreds of hours invested, to expect them not only to grind those items back up again, but to do so running the exact same missions, bounties and strikes.

Dirtbag

I can't believe someone got paid to create the map "Anomaly"

Least the map was named appropriately.
Kind of makes me wonder how extensively that map was beta tested.

I know bungie has been capable of making a hallway map successful in the past. Longest / Narrows / etc.. but this map is Chiron XL level bad.

forrest

formerly nacire
An actual value for the future legendary/raid ships, brilliant!

Yeah, seemed like a no brainer to me. I'd love to see ships have interior's for showcasing armor, weapons, past raid boss trophies, etc. Kind of like player housing. I need to hang Atheon's eye over my ship's mantle and lean my Vex against the hearth. I guess I need to toss my VoC in the fire though :(

What options did they have, but to allow existing exotics to be carried forward? Render them all obsolete, replaced by around a quarter that number of new exotics, barely 3 months after the game's release? It's worth noting that the new content release for Destiny has both arrived fairly quickly, and is fairly shallow, relative to any other MMO expansion content I've seen. Not allowing exotic upgrades would have seen the expansion effectively reducing the amount of relevant content in the game.

The fairest way to allow upgrades would have been to simply charge the fee and carry over existing xp completion (basically how the Mythoclast upgrade went live, but with an associated cost). While resetting them might add another time sink to the game, it's a pretty big disincentive to the existing playerbase, after hundreds of hours invested, to expect them not only to grind those items back up again, but to do so running the exact same missions, bounties and strikes.
but we are paying real world money for the DLC, that alone should be enough for Bungie to make it more pleasant to convert our existing Exotic weapons, especially those acquired from Exotic Bountiesé
+ the game is only 4 months old

Oh, believe you me, there were far less interesting paths on the table! ;)

I've read a lot of great suggestions from the community in the past hours. Many of them are, in fact, paths we explored. Sometimes there are technical dead ends, and often there are other "oh shit" issues to consider that only become apparent as we spin up a build and play it ourselves.

But, I tend to shy away from digging too deeply into the "hey, making games is really hard" path with players, because honestly why should you care about the challenges? Makes for a cool story, maybe, but ultimately doesn't change how you experience Destiny.

I would love hear even one of them. Seriously. Can anyone here think of a less interesting path toward keeping your exotics relevant than waiting for Xur and then paying to start leveling them from scratch? I'm not calling Urk out on this, I'm just really curious what they could have come up with.

If anything, Destiny is progressive in that it at least has a path where you can upgrade your existing gear into the new gear. A lot of MMOs don't even have that.

I'm sorry but that excuse doesn't fly. 3 months after the game releases is too soon and there isn't nearly enough new gear to have them make the old exotics irrelevant. The VOG weapons should also have an upgrade path

I would love hear even one of them. Seriously. Can anyone here think of a less interesting path toward keeping your exotics relevant than waiting for Xur and then paying to start leveling them from scratch? I'm not calling Urk out on this, I'm just really curious what they could have come up with.

Ugh. The focus in exotics needs to stop. It is just ONE of many issues they have planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom