• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. The focus in exotics needs to stop. It is just ONE of many issues they have planned.

Am I the only one not that bothered by it? It's an online game, anyone who's played them extensively should know there's a lot of bending over and taking it. You're at the mercy of the developers, they make their choices, if you don't like it, quit?

Damn at all these stats.

I have 1 character only, a level 30 warlock with full raid gear, clocked in 167:52hrs (6d 23hrs 52mins) according to bungie.net. I thought I had a problem, but never mind LOL.

R0ckman

Waiting on the weekly update.

Deej tweeted to hold off from submitted completed exotic bounties because next week after the DLC you would get the new version instead. A little too late again in communicating.

Ugh.

This literally isn't fair, people who collected a ton of exotics have to pay MORE for the upgrades. You are better off getting exotic bounties again and just upgrading those. This is making it REALLY hard to continue playing this mess.

gdt

Looking for a hard raid group.

Me and my friend are 29 Titans with maxed Weapons. Lots of experience.

1. Gdt
2. Gdts friend

If anything, Destiny is progressive in that it at least has a path where you can upgrade your existing gear into the new gear. A lot of MMOs don't even have that.

Two points here. 1) MMOs don't have expansions after 3 months. 2) When they do include a whole new slate of gear, enough to actually replace old gear, which doesn't look likely.

Ugh. The focus in exotics needs to stop. It is just ONE of many issues they have planned.

This is absolutely true. Many of the other things discussed are also punitive, like adding a second currency to vendor options.

Deku Tree

I would love hear even one of them. Seriously. Can anyone here think of a less interesting path toward keeping your exotics relevant than waiting for Xur and then paying to start leveling them from scratch? I'm not calling Urk out on this, I'm just really curious what they could have come up with.

I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This literally isn't fair, people who collected a ton of exotics have to pay MORE for the upgrades. You are better off getting exotic bounties again and just upgrading those. This is making it REALLY hard to continue playing this mess.
Well, to be fair, anyone who gets an exotic now will just have to upgrade it again in the next expansion. lol

Coconut

Banned
Two points here. 1) MMOs don't have expansions after 3 months. 2) When they do include a whole new slate of gear, enough to actually replace old gear, which doesn't look likely.

This is absolutely true. Many of the other things discussed are also punitive, like adding a second currency to vendor options.

Most MMOs don't last 2 months and most MMOs aren't WoW.

Homeboyd

I have complaints and I demand to be heard and responded to directly. I know what's best for this game so do what I want. Pls respond.

#hirejuices

Deku Tree

I still can't believe my Fatebringer, my Hezen's Vengeance, and my Vision of Confluence, and my Atheon's Epilogue will be made irrelevant and unpowerful by the Destiny development team... I grinded so hard to get those fantastic weapons and I haven't had them for that long and now soon they will become impotent compared to the new stuff that I may not like as much anyway because of a silly attack and defense stat bump.

spyder_ur

Am I the only one not that bothered by it? It's an online game, anyone who's played them extensively should know there's a lot of bending over and taking it. You're at the mercy of the developers, they make their choices, if you don't like it, quit?

I'm not that riled up by it. I don't love it, but it's not a huge deal to me.

People should make all the points they want and criticism is great, but some of these posts are almost a little dark. Everything will be fine; soon we'll all have awesome new armor and weapons and even more importantly new content to tackle together. I'm looking forward to it.

Wow, sorry I wanted to discuss comments made by a Bungie employee three hours ago.

Lock if old.

I'm not trying to focus just on you. Just in general it seems to be the only issue people are focusing on.

Really the biggest issue was their total clusterfuck of communication between Mondays patch and yesterday's news of the DLC changes.

I still can't believe my Fatebringer, my Hezen's Vengeance, and my Vision of Confluence, and my Atheon's Epilogue will be made irrelevant and unpowerful by the Destiny development team... I grinded so hard to get those fantastic weapons and I haven't had them for that long and now soon they will become impotent compared to the new stuff that I may not like as much anyway because of a silly attack and defense stat bump.

Looking at the datamined details for the new weapons none are nearly as impressive b

Deku Tree

I'm not trying to focus just on you. Just in general it seems to be the only issue people are focusing on.

Really the biggest issue was their total clusterfuck of communication between Mondays patch and yesterday's news of the DLC changes.

Yeah they really should have just told us everything at once, and they should have done it a few weeks ago. Selectively releasing this information so that people make poor decisions about their gear because they don't have all the information is just rotten. I shredded three exotics literally right before we found out that they will now turn into exotic shards as of the latest update.

Coconut

Banned
Good points, actually

It's frustrating to read these comments when everyone has ONE MMO as reference and Destiny is also a hybrid so it also has to fall in line with product expectations similar to other current FPSs. I mean the game is more FPS than MMO. So if we look at the game in those terms it's doing great!

Does it even matter what MMO's do or don't do? Does that make endless grinding for no reason ok?
I was always under the impression that that was part of the appeal of RPGs.

Anyone interested in maxing vanguard and crucible marks along with rep (just enough to be 1 or 2 bounties away from max) to get ready for The Dark Below?

I have 3 characters at level 30 so someone with at least 2 characters looking to do the same.

Looking to start around 7:30pm EST for the remainder of the night.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

For the new page!

It's frustrating to read these comments when everyone has ONE MMO as reference and Destiny is also a hybrid so it also has to fall in line with product expectations similar to other current FPSs. I mean the game is more FPS than MMO. So if we look at the game in those terms it's doing great!

I was always under the impression that that was part of the appeal of RPGs.

The issue is that this is happening less than 3 months into the games lifespan. Most MMO expansions and drastic changes like this happen 6-12 months after.

Not to mention most developers actually tell the playerbase what they're in for properly when it comes to the implementation of these changes.

EL CUCO

Yeah they really should have just told us everything at once, and they should have done it a few weeks ago. Selectively releasing this information so that people make poor decisions about their gear because they don't have all the information is just rotten. I shredded three exotics literally right before we found out that they will now turn into exotic shards as of the latest update.

Sometimes I wonder if they're just making this stuff up as they go.

Coconut

Banned
The issue is that this is happening less than 3 months into the games lifespan. Most MMO expansions and drastic changes like this happen 6-12 months after.

Not to mention most developers actually tell the playerbase what they're in for properly when it comes to the implementation of these changes.

But most FPSs do and in fact are iterating every few weeks with DLC coming around 4-6 months.

Here Titan level 28 with maxed weapons looking for fresh normal raid. Can't speak but I'll hear the chat and I know perfectly the encounters. Add me PSN Vasilisk.

I agree, but since I haven't had much time to play since then and haven't spent anything more than some planetary mats on gear, I can't really complain. I'll leave that up to the people that were directly affected.

Personally I'm just not spending any time upgrading anything until the dust settles.

hydruxo

To be fair, all dev blogs that I read from Bungie had closed comments, if memory serves.

Haha it was just a joke, I don't really mean it seriously. Bungie does a better job of listening than a lot of devs do, even if they did get the whole exotic upgrade thing wrong.

Coconut

Banned
What? Most FPS games like CoD if you want to use that do not make drastic changes like this if at all ever.

Nerfs and buffs look at the differences of TF2 weapons on initial release and 3 months later. Also keep in mind christmas is going to bring in a lot of new players.

Deku Tree

Sometimes I wonder if they're just making this stuff up as they go.

It sure does feel like they keep adding new weird and complicated rules in reaction to the way people play... their ultimate meta game design principle seems to be "players must grind slowly and take a long long time to get very little". ]

Players are grinding vanguard marks and buying all their armor quickly? Can't have that let's add another weird currency that you only get upon a reputation rank bump and require that you use one of those to buy any weapons or armor... yup that sounds good!

I know I loved when Halo 2 DLC hit and brought new weapons that replaced old ones. Or when the Halo 3 map packs required you to reset using your guns like taking away your scope and reload speed on your Battle Rifle before you could be effective. Or when Halo 4...

Or wait. The only context these decisions are worse than an MMO are shooters

E92 M3

Haha it was just a joke, I don't really mean it seriously. Bungie does a better job of listening than a lot of devs do, even if they did get the whole exotic upgrade thing wrong.

Oh I know, but some people actually think they closed the comments on purpose.

Coconut

Banned
I know I loved when Halo 2 DLC hit and brought new weapons that replaced old ones. Or when the Halo 3 map packs required you to reset using your guns like taking away your scope and reload speed on your Battle Rifle before you could be effective. Or when Halo 4...

Or wait. The only context these decisions are worse than an MMO are shooters

and then I will reference Hank Trees statements about how that's not uncommon in MMOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom