• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddammit Bungie, this vague language is starting to smell of 'no change, full steam ahead'. The 'more powerful right out of the box' comment over a picture of a base 302 ATK Thorn with no perks is not a good sign. I hope those internal debates end with something like the 'Xurified' exotic proposal on the last page.

No way!

It means we kick your ass to orbit and sort you with new noobs to demoralize.

We need a good old fashioned mail bag, Deej. You said just the facts, but that hardly answers the questions we have.

**Logistics**

* What will the attack values be of newly reXurbished weapons be? Is it 302 like is rumored? What about for armor?
* What is the maximum attack for weapons? 323? 331?
* Will stats on armor carry over? (e.g. will a +154 discipline chest stay that way? or will the new one be a different roll)
* Will Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo be available for upgrade?
* Is Mythoclast already max leveled?
* Will Xur be more reliable and have more variety than before? (His current track record is terrible: He's offered Sunbreakers 4/12 weeks and Voidfang Vestments 6/12 weeks.)
* Will Xur be around longer than just 2 days now that he is required for advancement?
* Will Exotic bounties currently in progress result in a 300 or 320 version when completed?
* Will "Smart Loot" be applied to other parts of the game? Like the Vault of Glass or Nightfalls? or Strikes?
* Will exotics *actually* be faster to level because of XP requirements being reduced? Or is it just "faster" because they no longer require ascendant mats?
* Will Xur continue to sell Exotic Engrams? The screenshot in the preview doesn't have one.
* Will Xur sell new 320/32 capable exotics or will we have to upgrade again?
* Will drops from Vault of Glass/Nightfalls/Weeklies/Strikes be old level or new level exotics?
* How much content in The Dark Below is higher than level 30?
* Will there be more vault space?
* Will there be higher glimmer/mark caps?
* Are we going to have to re-level all of this again when the next DLC hits?

**Philosophy:**

* What is the design philosophy for upgrading exotics requiring limited time windows + random weekly limitations (Xur)?
* What's the design philosophy behind resetting progress (most importantly perks) on already leveled exotics?
* What's the design philosophy behind adding a second currency to buying vendor gear (commendations)?

Bastion and First Light have moved out of Control and Clash to Combined Arms

YEAAAAAAHHHHHH

The race begins on December 9th at 1AM Pacific Time. You will not need to complete the other Missions, Quests, Bounties, or Strikes first. The Raid will beckon at Zero Hour.

You know what to do, fellow Guardians

Daemul

Slaughter rules in Rumble is ridiculous. Most people suck at group PvP, never mind solo play, the chance of being put in a group with 3 shitty players is high. I'll be spending more time in matchmaking than actually playing.

Strider

Slaughter rules in Rumble is ridiculous. Most people suck at group PvP, never mind solo play, the chance of being put in a group of 3 shitty players is high. I'll be spending more time in matchmaking than actually playing.

This isn't MCC. It'll be fine.

Dave_6

Stb, I'm still out at dinner but I'm hoping to make it home by 7. Hopefully it won't be but just a few mins after if I'm late.

Frenden

Banned
I'm taking a break until the DLC hits aside from checking out Xur tonight. Hopefully things are figured out shortly after.

There's nothing I can do if dumping XP into my exotics is a bad idea and leveling vanguard and faction rep needs to be reserved for commendation upgrades.

Namikaze1

Hmm. My hunter nor my Titan has Gjallarhorn on them and it's not in the bank. My warlock better have it.

Edit: oh thank god. It's there.

Daemul

This isn't MCC. It'll be fine.

^^

Seriously though, have you seen the points discrepancy in Rumble games? It's rare(and very fun) to get a group who come within a few hundred points of each other, usually one or two people dominate and the rest rarely breaking the 1k point mark.

Hopefully by "grossly under-performing", they mean between 0 and 300.

I am appalled that they didn't even apologize how they did a poor job of communicating what was going to be happening after Mondays update and that they should have been released on the same day to avoid a ton of players pouring time and materials into exotics or submitting exotic bounties when they could have waited until next week.

Disgusting.

Bungie you should be ashamed of yourselves and what you did this week to so many dedicated players.

Strider

Have you seen the points discrepancy in Rumble games? It's rare(and very fun) to get a group who come within a few hundred points of each other, usually one or two people dominate and the rest rarely breaking the 1k point mark.

Hopefully by "grossly under-performing", they mean between 0 and 300.

I have. But matchmaking doesn't take too long. There will be no noticeable difference. I have kicked many asses and forced enough rage quits to know this.

Deku Tree

A big thing I don't like is that you only get two days to decide to upgrade an exotic that costs $7K glimmer... So if I upgrade it now then I'll have the premium version but if I don't upgrade it now then I have to wait who knows how long to upgrade it next time... And that could be next week or in two months or never like praxis fire... Bungie decides what exotics I can upgrade and when I can upgrade it...

update was good. some interesting stuff in there especially about crucible and "no player being left behind". still wish they would have touched on raid weapons though.

also, thanks to urk for answering questions earlier. i'll dim my tone ITT to make my points easier to digest.

MADGAME

So even if you have several exotics for which Xur offers upgrades next week and have the coin for shards, you will only be able to upgrade 3 before you hit the glimmer wall then will have to go farm more.

Cruxist

So... Iron Banner is useless again? The new light level is 32. So why would I want to upgrade to 31?

Do we know if raid gear is the only gear that will get us to 32?

Before I get into it, the Crucible changes sound good and can't wait to jump into Iron Banner on the 16th since I missed the last one.

Aside from technical issues forcing their hand, I still don't understand why there isn't a new damage upgrade tree that would take those same resources and time to boost up and the current path to where we can still have the perks. It just feels like everything was wasted before and getting set back for a mere 2 point boost.

There was nothing in that update that reflected how they are essentially brand new rather than just a 2 point edge that would make them "overpowered" if perks remained with said 2 point buff.

Commendations weren't clarified and still look like the most unnecessary curveball thrown in next to Atheon RNG.

I'm just hoping these things actually work better with the game than what is on paper and sounding like a cheap way of making an already difficult grind coupled with RNG an even greater pain in the ass to non-lvl 30s and creating further hurdles for casual/new players.

EL CUCO

So even if you have several exotics for which Xur offers upgrades next week and have the coin for shards, you will only be able to upgrade 3 before you hit the glimmer wall then will have to go farm more.

Assuming you have a fat stack when you walk up to Xur, yeah.

Hope you like killing Cabal.

kidko

A big thing I don't like is that you only get two days to decide to upgrade an exotic that costs $7K glimmer... So if I upgrade it now then I'll have the premium version but if I don't upgrade it now then I have to wait who knows how long to upgrade it next time... And that could be next week or in two months or never like praxis fire... Bungie decides what exotics I can upgrade and when I can upgrade it...

Agree. Why is all of this tied to Xur, when he's only there for such a short time each week. If Xur is going to become so critical, he should just have a permanent residence.

Agree. Why is all of this tied to Xur, when he's only there for such a short time each week. If Xur is going to become so critical, he should just have a permanent residence.

They should just give it to the gunsmith - arguably the most useless vendor in the tower currently.

GhaleonEB

Seriously? 3 Iron Banner events for PvP in the time they had 1 PvE event.

Fuck.

Of all the critiques of Destiny for lack of content, the one that really sticks with me is this. I don't understand how they felt one post-release event for PvE, consisting of recycled bounties, was going to cut it. I really thought they had more in the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom