• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

Anyone wanna join a hard mode raid? Starting at Gatekeepers. Leaving in just a few mins.

PS4 Berried_treasurE

hydruxo

Can someone give me a dumbed down explanation of Team Slaughter? Just got off work and my mind is bleh right now. Thanks!

Essentially if your team is getting destroyed, the game will automatically boot you to orbit to save you from continuing to get beat badly. That's what I got from it.

Wait what is your problem with those two items? Both seem like non-worst-case scenarios to me, and the info that you can play at 1 AM PT and do the raid right away sounds like best case.

1am for launch is a weird time.

I just wanted to post the details about the damage. It's not garbage.

hydruxo

I wanted to do the raid as soon as it was available but I'm not staying up until 4 AM to do it and run it for hours on end without sleep haha.

Anyone interested in maxing vanguard and crucible marks along with rep (just enough to be 1 or 2 bounties away from max) to get ready for The Dark Below?

I have 3 characters at level 30 so someone with at least 2 characters looking to do the same.

Looking to start anytime for the evening.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Anyone?

Can someone give me a dumbed down explanation of Team Slaughter? Just got off work and my mind is bleh right now. Thanks!

they're rules set in place so that the teams don't play another match if they're unbalanced. it doesn't end the game - just restarts the search after. It's basically a forceful "backout".

I am on the same boat as everyone else for complaining about lack of pve events compared to iron banner, but in the end iron banner is still just control with pretty gear(kinda pretty at least). There aren't any new mechanics, no new objectives, nothing.

spyder_ur

1am for launch is a weird time.

I just wanted to post the details about the damage. It's not garbage.

Ah, gotcha, just confused cuz I took those as good news. I don't love it as I was hoping to do the raid with a bunch of you for the first time and as a Forever 29 everyone will have likely done it once by the time I get my 30 gear, but I know a bunch of people were pumped to do it ASAP so happy for all them.

R0ckman

So I'm having trouble understanding the whole exotic deal. So did they say that version 2 vanillia exotics will take less time to max (xp wise) than the originals? They should still can the 7000 glimmer + exotic shard requirement though. One or the other.

Agree. Why is all of this tied to Xur, when he's only there for such a short time each week. If Xur is going to become so critical, he should just have a permanent residence.

The updates/tweaks shows that Bungie wants to stretch the already thin content to its maximum, while making a short-term profit.

If I could make an educated guess, Bungie developers just follow orders from the bigwigs in the C-suite, while Deej gets all the public backlash behind these decisions since he's the community manager/PR man.

You couldn't pay me enough to have Deej's job.

spyder_ur

Anyone wanna join a hard mode raid? Starting at Gatekeepers. Leaving in just a few mins.

PS4 Berried_treasurE

Forrest_crump (on PSN, don't know his GAF name) is going to join us. He was with us last night on the initial run to the gatekeepers

The fact they didn't even mention that exotic bounties will give the new upgraded versions next week and we have to search out an obscure tweet from Deej just shows how poor their communication is.

I wonder how else we will get screwed over when The Dark Below launches and we learn about other things they didn't bother to tell us or prepare for.

Don't trust Bungie folks.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ya'll all are filthy, especially Cosmos!

Love to fill the bubblse, embrace it!

Wait they're doing IB again already, ROFL, GG Bungie
Now this is gonna be a nice train-wreck in the two weeks coming

arimanius

So... Iron Banner is useless again? The new light level is 32. So why would I want to upgrade to 31?

Do we know if raid gear is the only gear that will get us to 32?

Looks like it and I'm pissed. I thought they had learn their lesson with the last iron banner but guess not. I'll never be max level in this game and I guess that's fine with bungie.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So everyone that worked their ass off in last IB is now redundant in 3 weeks lol

Holy Shit!, does this company know how to schedule events or what

I still haven't finished xp'ing out Timur's Lash or the Scout Rifle, they already got shit to move that stuff down the totem pole quick

I'm willing to run Crota's Raid from the time it release on all 3 characters ^_^

Assuming you have a fat stack when you walk up to Xur, yeah.

Hope you like killing Cabal.

Can't wait Until they patch glimmer farming out with a statement reading "it's not how we intended the game to be played"

That was horrible as usual. And wtf is up with iron banner gear only going to 31 instead of 32? Way to screw over people who mainly pvp again.

Level 32 IB gear will probably be available when the last IB before the next expansion comes around. That way you can hit 32 and Feel comfortable purchasing the House of Wolves.

Daemul

So... Iron Banner is useless again? The new light level is 32. So why would I want to upgrade to 31?

Do we know if raid gear is the only gear that will get us to 32?

I hope you got money, cause level 32 is locked behind paywall

make-it-rain-guys.gif

Mindlog

“I can only upgrade one existing Exotic a week?”
No, Xûr will have many of them in stock.

“Is Xûr the only way to obtain new Exotics?”
No. They’ll drop as part of new loot tables.

“So I have to buy new content to keep up?”
No. All players will have options to progress.

“Is the upgrade automatic?”
No. You’ll choose where you invest the effort.

“Does this make all my gear worthless?”
No! I’ll be holding onto my Dead Orbit Heavy.
Please don't do that again. I'm leaving out a flurry of expletives in my modest request.
Exotic upgrades purchased from Xûr replace weaker items
An upgraded Exotic is more powerful right out of the box
Thorn_Upgraded_blog.jpg
I need this explained to me again. I play the game and know what an upgraded Thorn does. I need to know why 2 extra points is worth losing those perks. Sorry if I'm slow. I just want to know.
Exotic upgrade paths require much less time and material
Specifics.
In the months to come
No.
NO. NO. NO.
This concludes the final Weekly Update of the first age of Destiny.

Wonderful.

Patch notes 1.0.4
-Reduced difficulty of Exclusion Zone

"5 minute glimmer penalty (no glimmer) after death" :-/

Should not be giving them ideas

Please don't do that again. I'm leaving out a flurry of expletives in my modest request.

I need this explained to me again. I play the game and know what an upgraded Thorn does. I need to know why 2 extra points is worth losing those perks. Sorry if I'm slow. I just want to know

Cause it's a higher number. Clearly

Seriously it's kind of insulting. As if they're talking to fucking idiots

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Xur better sell SUROS, Icebreaker and Hawkmoon. Or they better drop for me somehow before the expansion gets here.

patchday

Wow good thing I haven't been able to play past few weeks I guess looking at the patch notes. I wasn't planning to buy the DLC anyway but was thinking I'd keep playing the base game I paid for. But they continue to piss me off and make me not eager to return

My guess is after the DLC launches everyone will be filling up this thread with screenshots of all their shiny new loot and they'll quickly forgive Bungie

Hence why nothing ever gets fixed. If people would refuse to buy the DLC maybe folks complaints would have more weight. All they did was replace material farming with even more gates and crappy grinding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom