• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

Looking at the list, Xur sold all of the Hunter exotics while all but 1 has been sold for Warlocks and Titans. He hasn't sold Heart of Praxic Fire and An Insurmountable Skullfort yet.

He also hasn't sold Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock helmet), but nobody really cares about that one compared to Heart of Praxic Fire. Not sure why, I love the way it looks and the bonuses are really good if you like your grenades.

Bungie employees including Deej were streaming Crucible a little while back and they talked about how he wasn't random but didn't elaborate too much. To be fair, he's trolled Titans pretty hard by this point too, although not as bad, haha. That Praxic Fire though...

I'm still shooting for the moon, hoping for Saint helm, Knucklehead, Praxic, and TLord
This would undoubtedly make my day. Would be the perfect lineup.

Sorry Gjallarhorn lovers out there.

Bungie employees including Deej were streaming Crucible a little while back and they talked about how he wasn't random but didn't elaborate too much. To be fair, he's trolled Titans pretty hard by this point too, although not as bad, haha. That Praxic Fire though...

I'm still shooting for the moon, hoping for Saint helm, Knucklehead, Praxic, and TLord.

they should have just set it up like the following:

random helmet
random chest
random gloves

random primary
random special
random heavy

and rotate so that what was sold the week before isn't there previously. so the next helmet wont be the same as the last helmet.

it's still random, but it gives everything a chance. it also lets people decide whether to buy that week or wait for the next week, knowing what type of item he'll be selling but not knowing the exact kind.

it's how i would have set it up. maybe there can be "repeat days" where it rolls the same category twice, but i don't think we should be seeing the same item 4 times in a row.

Namikaze1

He also hasn't sold Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock helmet), but nobody really cares about that one compared to Heart of Praxic Fire. Not sure why, I love the way it looks and the bonuses are really good if you like your grenades.
I keep forgetting about that helmet. Don't know why. I own one but even I forget it exists.

matmanx1

Well, I said I was on a break until the DLC hit but my friend sent me a text this afternoon requesting my help in the VOG. I said to him "well, I guess at this point the only reason to do it would be just because it's fun" and realized that was the PERFECT reason to do it.

Long story short, passing the Gatekeeper netted me the chestpiece which I can use to hit level 30 with. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at this point. I'll probably make up my mind about that once I see how hard the 30+ light stuff is that Eris and the DLC brings.

So earlier this evening I BOUGHT A PS4. And now I'm about to play Destiny on it for the first time after playing on PS3 since launch! I can't wait to actually be able to join groups with people in this thread since almost nobody was on PS3. Not to mention you know... Being able to see everything.

Well, I said I was on a break until the DLC hit but my friend sent me a text this afternoon requesting my help in the VOG. I said to him "well, I guess at this point the only reason to do it would be just because it's fun" and realized that was the PERFECT reason to do it.

Long story short, passing the Gatekeeper netted me the chestpiece which I can use to hit level 30 with. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at this point. I'll probably make up my mind about that once I see how hard the 30+ light stuff is that Eris and the DLC brings.

I am in the same boat. Finally got my Raid Boots to drop this week and I can finally hit 30 just in time for the DLC. However, it might not have mattered since I will just need to replace them anyway with whatever Eris is selling or get in the new Raid.

So earlier this evening I BOUGHT A PS4. And now I'm about to play Destiny on it for the first time after playing on PS3 since launch! I can't wait to actually be able to join groups with people in this thread since almost nobody was on PS3. Not to mention you know... Being able to see everything.

Congrats, hope to see you around. Tons of helpful folks in this thread.

I imagine PS3 felt like a ghost town. I would have gone crazy not being able to find anyone to do Weekly's and Raid.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I'm doing my 5th Invective Exotic Bounty

In 1 Game I got the 25 kill/assist marker needed for that quest part
fbSh5FB.png

Went crazy with the Mida Multi-Tool
DAT Hair Trigger!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hawkmoon should be a vender item.

Sell that shit for 25,000 glimmer and 200 marks for all I care but there should be a guaranteed way to get the PS exclusive items.

there's a really annoying bug with TLW where if you switch to your special weapon, it doesn't let you fire right away because it's still playing the spinning animation from TLW.

never had this problem until i started using TLW and it's not my controller since it's brand new.

literally just lost a game by 5 points because i couldn't fire my gun -___-

there's a really annoying bug with TLW where if you switch to your special weapon, it doesn't let you fire right away because it's still playing the spinning animation from TLW.

never had this problem until i started using TLW and it's not my controller since it's brand new.

literally just lost a game by 5 points because i couldn't fire my gun -___-

Yup. That bug has been known to TLW users for awhile.

It sucks.

Can anyone explain in simple terms why we're 3 months on and STILL don't have optional matchmaking for everything?
Why we don't have some kind of LFG style flagging system to let people in the Tower know if we're interested in doing particular game elements?

You know if I was in charge of Destiny I would do things like release a couple of free-to-everyone extra maps for exclusive use in Iron Banner. It would make IB feel a bit more unique and help keep people interested.
I would do stuff like that.
I guess Bungie won't cos 2 maps is almost a full expansion pack to them.

Funny thing is I was really quite positive about Destiny for a while. I stopped playing due to getting other games over the last few weeks and now I'm finding it really difficult to justify going back or even downloading the dlc content that I've already actually paid for.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So stupid. What's the point of Sony getting exclusivity when only a very small fraction of the playerbase will ever enjoy it.

At least we got Dust Palace strike...

Don't even get me started on 1 year exclusivity on Level 20 Rare armor. For real?!

border

Can anyone explain in simple terms why we're 3 months on and STILL don't have optional matchmaking for everything?

Because it would probably suck for the raid and the Nightfall. I'm not really interested in teaching random people how to do the encounters, or dealing with the fallout when they quit over a wipe.

I do agree that you should have matchmaking for the Heroic Weekly. And the Heroic Daily for that matter. And for a Level 28/30 Playlist.

I probably wouldn't be opposed to a Nightfall/Raid matchmaking feature where you can only sign up if you've cleared the content at least 3 times before.....but I think splintering the community like that might be a bad idea.

Don't even get me started on 1 year exclusivity on Level 20 Rare armor. For real?!

Level 20 armor? Hadn't heard about that.

Funny
Not really funny
, the 1 yr exclusivity didn't just lockout Xbox players, but probably 95+% of PS players from getting Hawkmoon for a year.

Fuck exclusive deals.

stb

Cleared the hard mode raid for the first time, and I feel a little guilty. Started from schwagger15's Gatekeepers checkpoint, eventually killed Atheon with the help of the original raid crew plus 2 kind souls who hopped in when they Europeans had to call it quits at 5am.

The guilt is because I got the raid ship and the vex from my first Atheon kill. =\

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help!

spyder_ur

Many thanks to coyquetfish and Magik (not sure of his Gaf name) for helping us with the hard clear. Finally got one done after ~8 hrs over a couple days. Fun end - wish I was standing at the time.

Didn't get either the chest or helm I needed to get to 30, but oh well I'll get there next week.

coy

Many thanks to coyquetfish and Magik (not sure of his Gaf name) for helping us with the hard clear. Finally got one done after ~8 hrs over a couple days. Fun end - wish I was standing at the time.

Didn't get either the chest or helm I needed to get to 30, but oh well I'll get there next week.

Glad to be a part of it! And good to see another Vex drop to someone who doesn't own one. On the other hand…

My unscientific research has led me to believe you either get the Vex on the first hard clear, or you have to go 25+ clears to get it.

oJ61MSW.png

I think there is some level of PvP team balancing. Zoba must be off the charts so it always puts the next 6 best on the other team and leaves him with scrubs.

Dave_6

Cleared the hard mode raid for the first time, and I feel a little guilty. Started from schwagger15's Gatekeepers checkpoint, eventually killed Atheon with the help of the original raid crew plus 2 kind souls who hopped in when they Europeans had to call it quits at 5am.

The guilt is because I got the raid ship and the vex from my first Atheon kill. =\

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help!

Thanks to both of ya'll for the help as well! That was much harder than I was expecting but I think we were dealing with lag and other shit the whole time. Congrats on the vex though! I got my second AE and the Timebreaker, which I didn't have, but don't really care about. I want the Vex and the Fatebringer! :/

Mad props to hawkian getting me through my first raid tonight. His patience and taking the time to walk us all through explaining all the lore as we went through made for an awesome time like bungie intended!

Homeboyd

Mad props to hawkian getting me through my first raid tonight. His patience and taking the time to walk us all through explaining all the lore as we went through made for an awesome time like bungie intended!
FINALLY. Someone actually playing the game as Bungie intended!

We did it!

and rotate so that what was sold the week before isn't there previously. so the next helmet wont be the same as the last helmet.

it's still random, but it gives everything a chance. it also lets people decide whether to buy that week or wait for the next week, knowing what type of item he'll be selling but not knowing the exact kind.

Yeah, this would be a great system for sure. Imagine if they even had some next gen type shit in Crucible where you wouldn't play the same map 5x in a row. A guy can dream anyway...

Stop playing with randoms!!! o_O

Speaking of which, anyone want to be 3rd on a Skirmish team?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm still going to do the Atheon raid when the expansion hits until I get all the things I want. Plus it should still be a good source of shards and energy and it will be made even easier with the higher level cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom